Risotto

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Re: Risotto

Postby PatsyMFagan » September 10th, 2017, 6:58 pm

WWordsworth wrote:Patsy, apologies for missing your question re the fennel and lemon risotto.
I sautéed thin slices of fennel bulb and added them about half way through, then stirred lemon zest and chopped fennel fronds in at the end.

I did much the same, only cooking all at the same time (shush !!! in my IP ;) )
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » September 22nd, 2017, 7:28 pm

Just posted on the FB page, a risotto I made tonight. Fried off onion and garlic, then added the arborio rice and cooked for a minute. Added in chopped mushrooms and began ladling in the chicken stock. Finished off by seasoning, adding Parmesan and lemon, then with parsley on top and crispy bacon on the side. Haven't made one for about 6 months and forgotten how easy it is to make
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby liketocook » September 22nd, 2017, 8:00 pm

Prettykiwicrazy wrote:Just posted on the FB page, a risotto I made tonight. Fried off onion and garlic, then added the arborio rice and cooked for a minute. Added in chopped mushrooms and began ladling in the chicken stock. Finished off by seasoning, adding Parmesan and lemon, then with parsley on top and crispy bacon on the side. Haven't made one for about 6 months and forgotten how easy it is to make

Saw it on FB - looks lovely :D
liketocook
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » September 22nd, 2017, 9:31 pm

Ah thank you . It's so much easier posting photos on FB than here
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Previous

Return to The Kitchen