Chicken inner fillets

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Chicken inner fillets

Postby TeresaFoodie » November 4th, 2017, 6:57 am

Apparently these are the cut of meat situated between the chicken breast and the rib, and I have a 1kg bag of frozen courtesy of my Mum.
I am not normally a chicken eater, I find it hard work and bland, but yesterday morning I made butternut, red lentil and coconut soup with lots of fresh coriander and cumin and garlic and it was divine. For lunch I had it like that, for supper I roasted a couple of inner fillets, shredded and added the chicken to the soup. It was delicious!
Now I am thinking these fillets are going to last me a while so what else can I do with them?
I am looking for ideas instead of just plain roasting, which the packaging suggests. Poaching? Cooked in a sauce? Shredded with mushrooms and pasta?
Any t&t recipes for this absolute chicken virgin?
Christmas is upon us - yippee!
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Re: Chicken inner fillets

Postby StokeySue » November 4th, 2017, 10:11 am

Not my favourite cut, but well suited to stir frying, finished with some kind of sauce, or curry.Can combine the two and do a Thai curry (which is probably what I'd do,). Some bought Thai curry pastes are quite good.
I think they need sauce of some kind and those seem the easy ways of doing it to me.
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 4th, 2017, 10:21 am

I do a thing where I cut the chicken fillets into cubes, mix with red thai paste & garlic, drizzle with a little oil, roast for approx 20 mins at gas 4, then mix with a mixture of (pre-soaked) couscous, finely chopped red onion, cherry toms, toasted pine kernels, chopped red peppers, lemon juice and zest and chopped mint. Cover with foil and oven bake at gas 3 for a further 20-25 mins. Serve with yog to dollop on top.
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Suelle » November 4th, 2017, 10:28 am

I like chicken breast chunks cooked in a tomato sauce flavoured with onions, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin and oregano. Adding a few slices of spicy chorizo is good too. Serve with rice.
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby Catherine » November 4th, 2017, 10:48 am

Chicken fajitas style dish
Panko breadcrumbed and fried or baked
Stir fried
Thread on to skewers and make a satay sauce
Catherine
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » November 4th, 2017, 1:55 pm

You could make Lyonnaise chicken, Peel and slice a large potatoe and slicea small onion. take a big square of foil and brush with oil. Layer up the potato and onion, seasoning as you go and addng some herbs if you like. Place the amount of chicken you want on top, saeson and drizzle with oil. Do up the foil to form a parcel and place on a baking tray before cooking in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes.

Saves washing up and smells lovely when you open the parcel.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Catherine » November 4th, 2017, 10:01 pm

Creamy chicken and mushroom, or chicken, ham and mushroom filo parcel
Chicken risotto
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » November 5th, 2017, 9:32 am

These are lovely ideas, thanks all!
I have enough here to try every idea. I need curry paste anyway so will be making a curry of sorts, and a big bag of Basmati so that can work as a side or mix in with the chicken and veggies. Lovely!
I also have everything in for the foil parcels.
So glad I asked as I was a little stumped.
Keep them coming though. The more ideas the merrier!
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » November 5th, 2017, 3:36 pm

I have some Basmati ready to go on the boil and am just about to smother some fillets in hot curry paste (Pataks) that I picked up earlier. Yum! I'll roast this with a foil lid and once cooked will shred through my rice, possibly with some sweetcorn. I might nip to my local Indian takeaway for some raita to go with it. :chops:
So that's tonight sorted! :tu:
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Catherine » November 5th, 2017, 8:02 pm

TeresaFoodie wrote:I have some Basmati ready to go on the boil and am just about to smother some fillets in hot curry paste (Pataks) that I picked up earlier. Yum! I'll roast this with a foil lid and once cooked will shred through my rice, possibly with some sweetcorn. I might nip to my local Indian takeaway for some raita to go with it. :chops:
So that's tonight sorted! :tu:

Great but not sweetcorn. You would be better with cauliflower and or spinach
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » November 6th, 2017, 6:26 am

I will be having the same meal again today and it just so happens have some cauliflower defrosting so this will be going in. The sweetcorn did work though. :chops:
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » November 6th, 2017, 10:03 am

TeresaFoodie wrote:I might nip to my local Indian takeaway for some raita to go with it.

Tessa, if you have a Pound shop near you, they sometimes have a Yogurt and Mint dressing (made by 'Crucials') which I find very tasty and you get a lot for your £1 !
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » November 11th, 2017, 6:55 pm

J made Mamta's jeera chicken last night.
It was delicious.
WWordsworth
Registered

Return to The Kitchen