Felicity's granola

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Felicity's granola

Postby Pepper Pig » February 2nd, 2018, 9:43 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... iy-granola

I steer clear of granola. Too many calories. :cry:
Pepper Pig
Registered

Re: Felicity's granola

Postby earthmaiden » February 2nd, 2018, 9:52 pm

Me too - but it is totally delicious. I've never made any - interested that this one has spices, I want to try it ... :chops: :chops:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 3rd, 2018, 12:31 am

I like Mornflake Granola from Morrisons, cheaper and less calories than most, add fruit and yogurts and away I go...
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Hope » February 6th, 2018, 7:08 pm

I love granola. I can't eat most (due to the nuts - I am now officially allergic! and the grains and too much sugar!) I make an adapted version of this one, but using sunflower seed butter instead of peanut and instead of honey I use maple syrup, but less than it says. Sometimes I use buckwheat flakes as well. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ola-recipe I add fruit and eat it with my kefir. One batch lasts about a month. I will try adding the egg white next time.
Hope
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 7th, 2018, 9:41 am

I tried Granola for the first time last year at the cookery course I went on .. I found it altogether much too sweet for me.. this one was wetted with apple juice :sprout: I get my oats in a smoothie along with nuts, seeds and soya milk and 2 dried apricots for sweetness .. Oh and I drink my kefir straight up ! A bit of an acquired taste, but not much different from natural yogurt, only with different probiotics. ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Hope » February 7th, 2018, 10:12 am

Pat how long do you ferment yours for? Mine tastes just a little bit like sick! I keep wondering if I'm fermenting for too long! I still eat it, though!
Hope
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 7th, 2018, 6:53 pm

Hope wrote:Pat how long do you ferment yours for? Mine tastes just a little bit like sick! I keep wondering if I'm fermenting for too long! I still eat it, though!

I have been fermenting for 24 hours and whole milk seems to taste nicer/creamier than skimmed. However, today, the 'queen of fermenting' (Dawn) recommended today that after the initial 24 hours at room temperature, another 5-6 days slow ferment in the fridge ends up with it losing that sour/sick taste ... I am going to try that although I had acquired the taste ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Hope » February 7th, 2018, 7:03 pm

Oh that's interesting Pat. Mine sometimes sits in the fridge for a few days, but I thought it'd just make the taste stronger! I only do a small amount, maybe I need to do more at a time?!
Hope
Registered

Return to The Kitchen