Favourite low fat cheeses

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Re: Favourite low fat cheeses

Postby StokeySue » May 12th, 2018, 4:36 pm

Not heard from him for ages, Jacqui is very occasionally on FB but not very informative
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby KC2 » May 12th, 2018, 6:11 pm

I hope they're both well at least ... I'm really glad Ian left all his recipes on the site!
KC2
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 12th, 2018, 6:27 pm

I notice from Ian's profile on here that he last visited in March. I trust that means he has lots of other relaxing and interesting things to keep him occupied these days. :tu:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby KC2 » May 12th, 2018, 7:04 pm

TeresaFoodie wrote:I notice from Ian's profile on here that he last visited in March. I trust that means he has lots of other relaxing and interesting things to keep him occupied these days. :tu:

Definitely :tu:
KC2
Registered

Postby Badger's mate » May 13th, 2018, 6:59 am

Nutmeg, butter, S&P on swede for me. I am very bad at growing them (swedes), dilatory when it comes to thinning I suspect. Saw something in the RHS magazine this month about starting them in modules, will try that.

Buttered turnips is just about the only Fergus Henderson recipe I don't like, but maybe I did something wrong
Badger's mate
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 13th, 2018, 7:10 am

I've not heard of turnips tasting bitter. As a cooked veg I don't think they taste of much but I love them grated raw when they have a lovely peppery taste. I think Ian's dislike of swede went back to bad school memories of being forced to eat it when badly served. I agree that with lashings of butter etc it is delicious. I like lots of pepper with it too. I detest the taste of parsnips though and find it odd that most people love them.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Seatallan » May 13th, 2018, 11:41 am

I think of Ian every time we eat swede :D

Personally, I love swede, especially mashed with some half fat creme fraiche, plenty of black pepper and some crispy pancetta. :chops:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Previous

Return to The Kitchen