Cooking Italian

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Re: Cooking Italian

Postby Zosherooney » October 19th, 2018, 6:42 pm

Excellent info team..... :tu: All taken on board. I have just looked at the jar I bought in Ischia, the brand is Grand'Italia. It has an over label in Italian with the ingredients. Grana Padano and pecorino romano are the cheeses but interestingly..... it was made under licence by the Dutch in Italy, the original ingredients label is in either Polish, Croatian or another slav language. On opening the jar there is an overwhelming aroma of the freshest basil. I will certainly be making my own salsa verde :tu: :tu:

On another Italian item.....Taralli which are a pastry 'nibble' with drinks, we were served them in Italy and we bought 3 different ones home, rosemary, fennel seeds and black pepper. I notice that Lidl are selling the rosemary ones this week. Personally the fennel seed ones are my fave. Mr. Z is a pastry lover so these are right up his street.https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/rec ... -biscuits/
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby KC2 » October 19th, 2018, 6:47 pm

suffolk wrote:I use Marcella Hazan's recipe

Brilliant, thanks Suffs! Can't wait to try it!

(DS won't go for it as he's veggie but OH and I definitely will!)
KC2
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 19th, 2018, 6:52 pm

I've been doing some googling and found lots of variations ... including one with mint leaves which sounds delicious too! Don't know why I've not googled before ... always just stuck to Marcella H's recipe until now.

I'm making the MH lemon version tomorrow to have with some roasted chicken thighs, roasted tomatoes and chopped preserved lemons ... probably with a herby rice.
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby KC2 » October 19th, 2018, 9:37 pm

Yum!!
KC2
Registered

Postby Seatallan » October 20th, 2018, 9:25 am

Oooh that does sound good! :chops:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Previous

Return to The Kitchen