Home popped popcorn

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Home popped popcorn

Postby TeresaFoodie » October 19th, 2018, 9:20 pm

I am quite partial to a nibble now and then on sweet popcorn. I think I had a disaster home popping many years ago and it put me off! Time to have another bash I think!

I get the basic popping bit but might need a bit of help on flavourings.

Definitely not savoury! What are your favourite sweet recipes please? How do you recreate the sticky caramel ones you can buy ready popped?
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Re: Home popped popcorn

Postby scullion » October 20th, 2018, 12:43 am

not a fan of popcorn, especially the sweet variety, but it does make good, biodegradable (or bird food) packing for things sent through the post rather than polystyrene or plastic air-bags..
scullion
Registered

Re: Home popped popcorn

Postby Meganthemog » October 30th, 2018, 3:51 pm

Can't really help you with the sweet sort Tezza as I am firmly in the salty camp! I buy the microwave type these days as they are so easy to do. I used to have a silly popcorn maker but gave it away as I never used it. My dad used to make a version of Butterkist by popping the corn and then stirring a caramel mix through it and then letting it set - you have to break lumps of it off :lol: The toffee was lovely though - or so I thought in those days.
Meganthemog
Registered

Return to The Kitchen