cooking manga with recipes

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

cooking manga with recipes

Postby wargarden » March 27th, 2019, 5:32 am

shokugeki no soma (food wars)
Amaama to Inazuma(sweetness and lightning)
Kitchen Princess
Isekai Izakaya "Nobu"
Isekai Shokudou( Restaurant to Another World
all the above also have anime with either english dub or subtitles
wargarden
Registered

Re: cooking manga with recipes

Postby Ratatouille » March 27th, 2019, 9:03 am

Sorry you've lost me already !
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 27th, 2019, 9:19 am

Well, I believe that manga and anime are forms of Japanese comic style entertainment in film and paper form. Little provincial me had never heard of either until I met my American friend who was keen - that kind of thing seemed much more mainstream there and he had also lived in Japan.

So, I guess you're discussing cookery/recipes in the context of certain films, books etc of those genres. They are not so every day in the UK so probably not many readers will follow them. I don't look at them at all so no idea about recipes!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 27th, 2019, 9:46 am

That's what puzzled me em. I did recognise manga as comic srtips but the same question has already been asked by the OP in another thread.

The French are mad on comic books - bandes dessignee and I do belive I have seen a couple of food based ones. I'll have a check.

There you go. There are lots! I quite fancy the ASterix one!
https://www.amazon.fr/Cuisine-Bandes-de ... %3ACuisine
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 27th, 2019, 9:54 am

Sorry Rats, I do remember now there was talk of cartoon style recipes but had not connected the two. I thought I was reading double-Dutch when I first read this thread!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 27th, 2019, 9:56 am

earthmaiden wrote:Sorry Rats, I do remember now there was talk of cartoon style recipes but had not connected the two. I thought I was reading double-Dutch when I first read this thread!

You and me both em :lol:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby wargarden » March 27th, 2019, 2:34 pm

sorry if confused you all
wargarden
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 28th, 2019, 11:49 am

Ratatouille wrote:
earthmaiden wrote:Sorry Rats, I do remember now there was talk of cartoon style recipes but had not connected the two. I thought I was reading double-Dutch when I first read this thread!

You and me both em :lol:

I haven't a clue … never heard of it, doesn't make sense, but I guess the OP might be Japanese and assumes we all know what he/she means :?: :?
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Return to The Kitchen