Lingonberries

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Lingonberries

Postby Ratatouille » April 8th, 2019, 9:19 am

Our Danish friend made us a lovely dish yesterday, beef cooked with lingonberries. I have come across them before but never fresh. These were brought from Denmark by a relative. They are called airelles in France and are usually jarred and served with game.

Have you used them and can you get them where you are?
Last edited by Ratatouille on April 8th, 2019, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Re: Lingnberries

Postby StokeySue » April 8th, 2019, 10:03 am

The only place I have actually seen any lingonberry products is Ikea but I mean to investigate Scandi Kitchen who have a cafė / shop on Great Titchfield Street near Oxford Circus and also sell mail order. They have fresh lingonberries - at a price.

The web site is not very low vision friendly but has some interesting looking recipes and info. I didn’t know that they were relatives of cranberries, but it makes sense.

https://www.scandikitchen.co.uk/woocommerce-search/keyword/Lingon/search-in/product/cat-in/all/search-other/product,post
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » April 8th, 2019, 10:12 am

they are known as cowberries in the uk. i've picked them in the wild in scotland.
scullion
Registered

Postby Seatallan » April 8th, 2019, 12:02 pm

scullion wrote:i've picked them in the wild in scotland.

Me too, when fell walking (picking and eating them as we walk). Would love to have a go at cowberry jelly. :chops:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Re: Lingonberries

Postby Ratatouille » April 8th, 2019, 12:18 pm

I knew you lot would know!! I did know they are related to cranberries in fact Mr R thought they were cranberries he was eating,

You're right about that website Sue. I really had to concentrate to make sense of it.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Return to The Kitchen