Mussels

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Mussels

Postby Pepper Pig » June 29th, 2019, 9:38 am

Pepper Pig
Registered

Re: Mussels

Postby KC2 » June 29th, 2019, 10:00 am

Extraordinary :o :o
KC2
Registered

Postby suffolk » June 29th, 2019, 10:32 am

Oh dear :shock:

Rich pickings for the gulls, but concerning if it becomes more than a one off ... as seems likely.
Last edited by suffolk on June 29th, 2019, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » June 29th, 2019, 10:59 am

the temperature they mentioned is only nearly 27°c so i'm not sure that 'cooking' is the right word. they may have overheated, dried out, suffocated or another number of worrying reasons - but cooking?
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 3rd, 2019, 8:29 am

Yes I think “ cooked” is wrong - that’s not even as hot as an ordinary bath, let a hot tub. And I’m not cooked so far

But obviously worrying
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » July 3rd, 2019, 8:43 am

I’ve been thinking about this ... it was presumably a combination of a ‘spring tide’ and and a hot day ... I’ve been on the Norfolk coast when a spring tide has revealed the edge of the chalk reef which is home to the famous Cromer crabs and many other crustaceans, small fish and marine plants. On sunny days the rock pools can become very warm indeed ... like a warm bath.
With the melting of the ice caps and sea levels rising, the areas currently at risk of overheating during this sort of combination will be in deeper water and not revealed by spring tides .... not saying that the article is wrong to raise concerns ... just pondering ‘out loud’ around the subject ....
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Return to The Kitchen