Chilled Raspberry Soufflé ... help please

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Chilled Raspberry Soufflé ... help please

Postby suffolk » August 24th, 2019, 2:11 pm

We have an old school friend of OH’s staying in a couple of weeks and I thought I’d take the opportunity to use up some of the stash of raspberries in our freezer ... thought I’d go a bit retro and make this ... I last made it circa 40 years ago https://www.womanandhome.com/recipes/ch ... y-souffle/

However I have leaf gelatine not powdered and I’ve not been able to find powdered locally so far ... so can someone help me with how to substitute leaf gelatine for powdered ... or alternatively does anyone have a recipe for a similar dessert using leaf gelatine ?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Re: Chilled Raspberry Soufflé ... help please

Postby Ratatouille » August 24th, 2019, 2:47 pm

I always calculate 1 sachet powder to 3 full sheets of leaf but beware some is sold in half sheets.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Suelle » August 24th, 2019, 3:01 pm

I reckon you're setting about a litre of 'liquid', not counting the weight of sugar. Your package of leaf gelatine should give a guide as to how much to use to set a certain amount of liquid. If not Google will have the answer.
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby suffolk » August 24th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Ah ... that makes sense ... somehow my head thought it was more complicated than that :rolleyes: :lol:

Thank you ladies :hug: :kneel:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Return to The Kitchen