Microwave rice pouches

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Re: Microwave rice pouches

Postby suffolk » January 10th, 2020, 6:21 pm

I absolutely agree that people should do what suits them best ... time, effort and convenience are all valid factors to consider.
I’m sure I remember in the past there have been negative comments about families on low incomes buying frozen ready meals from the likes of Farm Foods and Iceland ... it’s frequently asserted that they could feed their families for less if they cooked proper meals ... without taking into account the fact that different members of the family may be working different shifts in order to cover childcare, or even that older offspring may be responsible for getting a meal ready for a younger sibling when they get in from school, as well as doing their own homework, before a parent gets home from work.
We should remember that the poor are also capable of making informed choices, and the best choice for them isn’t always cooking from scratch.
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Gruney » January 10th, 2020, 8:15 pm

Spot on, Suffs. As I've said, I have no trouble cooking rice - I have a pan on the go as I type - but I always take microwave packs when I go on holiday to remote cottages. It's the obvious thing to do.
Gruney
Registered

Postby KC2 » January 10th, 2020, 9:06 pm

slimpersoninside wrote:I've decided to disown all of you that have no problem cooking rice using any method :-D :-D :-D :D !

I was very interested in the mini rice cooker Sue but thought twice as I'd never get it past hubby, too many years of "this has been declared foolproof" followed by yet another failure.

Have you got a friend you could borrow one from? Then, if it really was foolproof ... :lol:
KC2
Registered

Previous

Return to The Kitchen