[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Air Fryers

Air Fryers

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Air Fryers

Postby liketocook » January 29th, 2020, 12:28 pm

Hi,
I've been thinking of buying one of these for a while to reduce my oven use for things like wedges and chicken thighs. I don't want one with a paddle and my budget is around £100.
Do any Wildies have any recommendations or warnings re brands?
Thanks
LTC
liketocook
Registered

Re: Air Fryers

Postby StokeySue » January 29th, 2020, 8:42 pm

I don't have one, but following a conversation about Burmese Fried Chicken I'm looking at this one, which successfully cooked the dish although most of them are supposed to be rubbish with battered food, which BFC is.

StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 29th, 2020, 10:20 pm

There are a few (conflicting!) comments if you put air fryer into the board search. I wondered if Sage did one as I like their things - but they only do a smart oven for over £300 which includes an air drying facility :rolleyes:. They all look wonderful for chips. I don't need chips :(.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 29th, 2020, 10:57 pm

This same question was recently posed on the Instant Pot facebook group .... as many people favoured one brand as favoured a different one :? :rolleyes:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Rainbow » January 29th, 2020, 11:31 pm

I've thought of buying one but they are rather big and bulky for a small kitchen :( and I don't know if I'd do enough in it to justify the space and expense.
I do like chips and wedges sometimes though :D

I just searched on the board for air fryers and came across this comment from Sue
"Maybe I'll just wait for someone like Magimix or Cuisinart to make a really special air fryer". That was in 2012 - so I guess you're still waiting :lol:
Rainbow
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 30th, 2020, 12:06 am

This is the Instagram conversation with picture that made me think I might like the Phillips air fryer
Both MiMi and I were impressed
(You don’t need an Insta account)

StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 30th, 2020, 8:28 am

One thing to consider, the Phillips is 800g capacity but the larger Tefal style round ones are 1.5kg (and more expensive).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby liketocook » January 30th, 2020, 10:13 am

Thanks for the suggestions everyone,
I did pop "air fryers" in the search box before posting but I didn't get any results - don't know what I did wrong :oops:
I'd like one with a reasonable capacity big enough to cover a one person chicken and veg traybake anyway.
I did look at the Ninja which like the Sage also dehydrates as I'd need to get rid of my dehydrator if I get one but is far less than £300 thankfully.
I think I will continue to ponder for a bit.
liketocook
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 30th, 2020, 1:18 pm

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 30th, 2020, 1:56 pm

Wasn't there a thing a few years ago about them not being safe and blowing up? Or is my memory playing tricks again?

(I'm tempted too). :oops: :oops:
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby KC2 » January 30th, 2020, 2:38 pm

Until I saw this thread, I had no idea "Air fryers" even existed :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
KC2
Registered

Postby liketocook » January 30th, 2020, 6:55 pm

liketocook
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » January 30th, 2020, 7:44 pm

I used my son´s air fryer in Cincinnati. Not impressed.
It´s fine for frozen chips, ready prepared chicken nuggets, etc, but anything with batter on it ( or anything soft) doesn´t work.
Nothing like a bucketful of oil to give something flavour. :terrified: :lol: :lol: :lol:
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 30th, 2020, 7:53 pm

I think the current air fryers, such as the Phillips, are rather different from the old Actifry type we originally discussed, which had a paddle that rotated the food, thereby stripping off the surface of some items

I
StokeySue
Registered

Postby liketocook » January 30th, 2020, 8:13 pm

liketocook
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 2nd, 2020, 10:40 am

Which? Magazine gave an initial thumbs up to Ninja Health Grill and Air Fryer AG301UK £179 in the latest magazine. Might be worth a look.
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." Albert Camus
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby liketocook » February 3rd, 2020, 10:33 am

liketocook
Registered

Return to The Kitchen