[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Indian samosa cause international incident

Indian samosa cause international incident

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Indian samosa cause international incident

Postby wargarden » February 26th, 2020, 6:45 am

An Indian chef causes international food incident
by creating Broccoli and sweet corn samosa
when two world leaders meet in India.
I excluded the names of leader since this board has no politics
rule.

As for broccoli and sweet corn in samosa what
hideous combination the worse samosa in the
contest must holding tryouts.
wargarden
Registered

Re: Indian samosa cause international incident

Postby scullion » February 26th, 2020, 7:55 am

scullion
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 26th, 2020, 8:43 am

I'm not overly familiar with Indian cuisine and have never made my own
vegetable samosas (or any other sort) but have eaten them and not thought too hard about which vegetables were included. What are the 'correct' vegetables? Broccoli & sweetcorn sounds quite nice :oops:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » February 26th, 2020, 10:47 am

Broccoli and sweetcorn? Sounds like fun to me.And why not? Traditional potato & pea fillings are all very well, but why not something new?
I created a smoked bacon and artichoke samosa a few years back, for my son´s wedding. Went down a treat.
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 26th, 2020, 10:51 am

A Bengali woman I used to know made cauliflower samosas (it's a different word in Bengali but I can't remember) so not that different from broccoli. She said she' often made them with whatever she had to hand in order to fill her children up ... a bit like our pasties :D
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 26th, 2020, 1:00 pm

Brocolli or cauliflower, yes, but I'm not sure sweetcorn would work. Sweetcorn is lovely in fritters however. There used to be a Thai restaurant near our old house that did the most spectacular sweetcorn fritters.
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby liketocook » February 26th, 2020, 1:08 pm

Haggis samosas are often found in Asian supermarkets in Glasgow. They are very popular and really tasty.
liketocook
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 26th, 2020, 1:49 pm

Ah! Pea and potato! That's it! I'd be happy with any veg really.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby miss mouse » February 26th, 2020, 3:26 pm

Pea and potato seem to be the ultimate, my understanding is that they are an economical use of left over veg, here is what Mamta says on the subject;

https://www.mamtaskitchen.com/recipe_di ... p?id=10457
miss mouse
Registered

Postby scullion » February 26th, 2020, 6:12 pm

i had a broccoli, sweetcorn and cheese pasty in st ives many moons ago - they worked very well together.
I've only made madhur jaffrey's samosas in the past - the spiced pea, potato and onion etc type.
scullion
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 7th, 2020, 11:23 am

Mamta
Registered

Return to The Kitchen