[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Perfect rum babas

Perfect rum babas

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Perfect rum babas

Postby Pepper Pig » March 4th, 2020, 12:59 pm

Pepper Pig
Registered

Re: Perfect rum babas

Postby earthmaiden » March 4th, 2020, 1:08 pm

I have eyed up the recipe in one of my Cordon Bleu books since the early 70s and even have my grandmother's moulds but have never made them- or even eaten one. Better add it to the bucket list! :lol:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » March 4th, 2020, 2:15 pm

I'm pleased she decided no fruit, it's just wrong imo

I've never made babas, I keep meaning to get the moulds as there are a few uses for them. But I have made savarin, which is the same thing in a ring mould, quite impressive for a buffet for example, not difficult
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Lokelani » March 4th, 2020, 7:24 pm

Oh yum. I remember these from donkey's years ago & have always been tempted to make them. Might have to have a go when I have time & deserve a treat. :-)
Definitely no treat, I just remember the taste, shape & maybe a swirl of cream in the centre. Mostly the moist texture of the sponge. Yum.
Bonne Maman make them, I've tried them in Waitrose, but the rum part of them just tastes far too sweet & artificial. Shame I was so looking forward to them when I saw them in store.
Lokelani
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 4th, 2020, 7:58 pm

Never been keen on them in the past ... I could probably learn to like them if I tried ... but I don’t think I’d better ... :rolleyes:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » March 5th, 2020, 11:55 am

i, too, love them.
those and the lemon and sultana cheesecake (and black bun) were the reasons i would go to m&s - there was no point in me going when they stopped selling them.
i haven't made them for a long time - i have put the request in to my partner for the next time we get some full sun.
scullion
Registered

Return to The Kitchen