Wild Garlic Salt

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Wild Garlic Salt

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 10th, 2020, 1:20 pm

Found this on a the Riverford facebook group - for those (like me ;) ) who grow their own wild garlic. Of course this may be a very obvious thing to do with it, but has given me inspiration :tu:

To make this at home, you’ll need:
800g of sea salt and 100g of chopped wild garlic.

First of all you need to make a salty paste. To do this add 100g of sea salt and 100g of chopped garlic to a blender and briefly blend to form a thick mixture. Next, mix this paste through 700g of sea salt until all of the salt has turned a vibrant green. Spread the mixture out on a baking tray and leave somewhere to dry overnight. And that’s it – simple. Put it in a jar and store in a cool, dry place, ready to be enjoyed.
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Re: Wild Garlic Salt

Postby suffolk » March 10th, 2020, 2:17 pm

Thanks Patsy ... a friend of DD's has access to lots of wild garlic and he makes lots of pesto etc ... I've forward the recipe to him. :D
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Return to The Kitchen