Cheap As Chips!

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Cheap As Chips!

Postby Oldends » April 24th, 2010, 6:59 am

In Dorchester last Wednesday for its excellent market, we felt peckish in the afternoon. We went into Wetherspoon's and had their afternoon specials, cod or plaice with chips, peas, tartare sauce and a big cup of tea. OK, so they weren't the best fish and chips we've ever had, but they were still very good and at just £2.99 outstanding value. The only trouble with 'Spoon's is that they do vary, some being better than others. So do fish and chip shops! We have paid a lot more at proper shops and got poorer meals. Overall verdict? Definitely worth a try! :chops:
Oldends
Registered

Re: Cheap As Chips!

Postby ianinfrance » April 24th, 2010, 9:38 am

Thanks for that, my older niece and her family live in Dorchester, I'll ask them if they know them.
--
All the best
Ian
http://www.souvigne.com
The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching.
ianinfrance
Global Moderator

Postby sueturnersmith » April 24th, 2010, 11:16 am

Wetherspoons are excellent value for money. Their breakfasts are a bargain, and they use free range eggs. They also do bargain steak and curry nights, and the food is of reasonable quality. Cheap beer, too!

Maybe I'm a little biased - my daughter is a manager of a branch in Surrey ;)
I'm as old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth!
sueturnersmith
Global Moderator

Postby chools » April 25th, 2010, 3:13 pm

You can't argue with the cost of food at Wetherspoons. I have a pal who's daughter gave up her chef post at a local hotel as Weatherspoons paid more, she is more or less bored witless as most of the job is about re heating from the freezer or the chiller :(
Last edited by chools on April 25th, 2010, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chools

Return to The Kitchen