Soup

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Re: Soup

Postby Ratatouille » March 4th, 2019, 10:14 am

I've got a pan of carrot and coriander soup ready for lunch. I plan to top it with crumbled crispy pancetta.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Catherine » March 4th, 2019, 4:17 pm

Amber wrote:Waitrose might ‘do’ them....but they’re never in stock here :( :evil: .

Sainsbury's sell them for 55p
Catherine
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 4th, 2019, 4:57 pm

I made carrot and swede soup today, purely because both veg needed using.
Seasoned with s & P plus a shake of dried smoked garlic, blended with some Marigold.
It was surprisingly sweet, you would think it contained butternut.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby StokeySue » March 4th, 2019, 5:00 pm

I have looked in my local supermarkets. Like Amber I never seem to catch them in stock these days, so when I saw a whole shelf of them in Wing Yip it was Hallelujah! :D

Incidentally Charmaine Solomons points out that canned coconut milk is more concentrated than is easily made by hand, so look at recipes critically, and if you think the recipe is using home made, use the canned diluted with water. This makes a difference I find
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Amber » March 5th, 2019, 12:23 am

Catherine wrote:
Amber wrote:Waitrose might ‘do’ them....but they’re never in stock here :( :evil: .

Sainsbury's sell them for 55p

Not here :( . Nor do asda, Morrison’s, etc etc. I’ve had to resort to buying full size cans - sometimes I freeze half, ususally it just gets wasted :( .
Amber
Registered

Previous

Return to The Kitchen