cooked a new recipe today.

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Re: cooked a new recipe today.

Postby Catherine » March 27th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Herbidacious wrote:No, not new, but it is in fashion apparently. Which is a good thing if you like it. What's not to like... :)

Indeed, except that because it is now fashionable the price has leapt up.
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 3rd, 2017, 9:52 pm

I started off with the intention to make this sweet potato gratin from river cottage veg everyday https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... ttingstall

Then I remembered I had a butternut squash so thought I'd use that instead of sweet potatoes.
Then the peanut butter, garlic and chilli made me think Asian style so I used coconut milk instead of cream, added fresh coriander and lime and went from there.

Very nice too! Was quite rich and wouldn't have liked to eat it on its own but with a garlic, ginger, chilli, coriander, soy sauce and lime marinated steak and similarly dressed broccoli and green beans, it was a superb combo :tu:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 4th, 2017, 9:06 am

I have made the Hugh F-W original. I thought I made it on holiday, but looking at the ingredients, probably not! (Unless I improvised with the cream and took peanut butter with me, and can one get sweet potatoes in deepest darkest Normandy?)

Yes the original was very rich too, and we did eat it on its own! I liked it. Thank you for reminding me about it.
Herbidacious
Registered

Previous

Return to The Kitchen