[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Chilli sauce.

Chilli sauce.

A preservers paradise. Jams and chutneys everywhere.

Chilli sauce.

Postby spotteddick » September 11th, 2012, 5:57 am

Hello and good morning.
I was out watering my herbs this morning and I suppose the only plants that I have on my balcony that are not herbs are a Ginger plant (when does one dig them up?) and my chillis, I only have the one plant this year and it is full and I was thinking :idea: :idea: what about making a chilli sauce a sort of my own additive to my Bloody Mary's.

So anyone got a good one!
Cheers

Dick

Just because you're wandering doesn't mean you're lost!!

http://spotteddick-itsallinthegame.blogspot.com/
spotteddick
Registered

Re: Chilli sauce.

Postby suffolk » September 11th, 2012, 6:07 am

Oh, that sort of chilli sauce .... I bet Clive's got one .... and I bet it'll be potent :o
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby elaine » September 11th, 2012, 10:39 am

Spotted - if you have enough chillis do make this chilli jam - I can definitely recommend it - I've tried other recipes but much prefer this one. I can assure you you will be eating it with everything, including breakfast. :chops: :lol: :lol:

http://figjamandlimecordial.com/2009/02 ... hilli-jam/
elaine
elaine
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » September 11th, 2012, 10:55 am

Morning, Dick!
First up, your ginger plant. The ginger is ready when the leaves wilt and turn yellow. Then you can unearth the tenderest ginger imaginable!

So on to the Chile Sauce.
For every 100 gms of fresh chiles, add 30 gms onion, a clove of garlic, a little bit of coriander leaf and salt. Blitz it all together with about 50 ml of vinegar. Cook the sauce for about 5-10 minutes ( I just bring mine to the boil, boil for a minute then turn off the heat) and leave to cool. Taste it, of course, to see whether the balance suits your palate ( and your Bloody Mary!).

ATB
Clive
Last edited by ianinfrance on September 11th, 2012, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Duplicate post removed.
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby spotteddick » September 11th, 2012, 11:04 am

:tu: thanks Clive

The ginger plant is still pushing up shoots so I will leave it a while.

I will give the Chilli sauce a go tonight. Tabaso watch out, you're out of business :lol:
Cheers

Dick

spotteddick
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » September 12th, 2012, 2:01 am

karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » September 18th, 2012, 3:57 pm

So, Dick - how did it work out?
Or was the chile sauce so hot, you're still speechless? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby spotteddick » September 18th, 2012, 6:46 pm

Ah Clive, yes!
well most of the chiilis are still on the bush, I did use a few for a Chilli-con-Carni yesterday evening, it is still not forgotten, just waiting for a spare minute. :tu:
Cheers

Dick

spotteddick
Registered

Return to The Larder