[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Garlic Chutney

Garlic Chutney

A preservers paradise. Jams and chutneys everywhere.

Garlic Chutney

Postby corkie » September 26th, 2012, 5:14 pm

Hey all!

Have decided to make up a load of chutneys over the coming weeks to give as gifts later in the year (myself and mates have decided to make presents for the dreaded C this year instead of spending money we can't really afford.

Will be making a batch of plum chutney (Nigel Slaters) over the weekend but I also wants to make a garlic/garlic & chilli chutney/relish and I was wondering if anyone had any T&T recipes you'd like to share.

Thanks in advance.
corkie
Registered

Re: Garlic Chutney

Postby karadekoolaid » September 26th, 2012, 9:39 pm

If you're interested,I've got a wonderful recipe for garlic and ginger chutney.
Another for garlic pickle!
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » September 26th, 2012, 9:39 pm

If you're interested,I've got a wonderful recipe for garlic and ginger chutney.
Another for garlic pickle!
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby Sloe-Gin » September 26th, 2012, 10:30 pm

And I have one for roasted garlic and tomato (as well as a garlic pickle!)
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Postby Seatallan » September 27th, 2012, 3:03 pm

Oh please, oh please :chops: :chops:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby corkie » September 27th, 2012, 4:12 pm

Oh yes please...
As it turns out I won't be able to make anything this weekend - my sister informed me last night she and her partner are coming to stay with me for the weekend...but should get something done some evening next week.
corkie
Registered

Postby Seatallan » September 30th, 2012, 1:21 pm

Where recipes? Where recipes?? :lol:

Am itching to try garlic pickle.
Seatallan
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » October 1st, 2012, 6:12 pm

Garlic Pickle:
500 gms garlic, peeled and minced
6 tsps chile powder
2 tsps turmeric powder
2 Tbsps yellow mustard seeds, ground ( or 11/2 tbsps Colman's mustard powder)
2 Tbsps sea salt
300 ml neutral oil
75 mls mustard oil
1 cup white wine vinegar

Heat the oil and gently fry the garlic for about 15 minutes, until the "raw" smell has disappeared.
Add the other ingredients and cook for about 20 minutes. Bottle and store.
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby Seatallan » October 4th, 2012, 3:23 pm

Thank you :chops:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » October 5th, 2012, 4:27 am

Crikey.
The appallingly slow response of our internet servers here is making me look repetitious!!
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby Riocaz » October 5th, 2012, 9:48 am

Fixed for you.
Board Admin and general dogsbody

It's always a good idea to follow the directions exactly the first time you try a recipe. But from then on, you're on your own. -- James Beard

Onwards and Downwards!
Can't login? Please try this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13153
Riocaz
Site Admin

Postby karadekoolaid » October 6th, 2012, 3:21 am

Thank you, Lee!
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby corkie » October 7th, 2012, 12:01 pm

Thanks for that, much appreciated!
corkie
Registered

Postby Seatallan » October 14th, 2012, 2:55 pm

Karadekoolaid, just wanted to thank you again for the recipe.

I made a batch this afternoon for C.. presents and from the taste I had, the flavour is wonderful! Peeling & chopping all that garlic doesn't half play havoc with your hands though. My fingers are smarting :lol:
Seatallan
Registered

Return to The Larder