CHATTERBOX LXXV Lindy Lou-

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: CHATTERBOX LXXV Lindy Lou-

Postby scullion » February 16th, 2017, 11:40 am

it would have needed a bigger cupped corset if it'd had three layers!
scullion
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » February 16th, 2017, 11:45 am

The kitten scenario happened to a friend of mine too, I never, ever turn the washer or the dishwasher on without having a head count first. Little Alfie is so fast that I dont open the front door either without locating the little blessing first. Just call me paranoid :oops:

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby icelesley » February 16th, 2017, 11:47 am

I am waiting for 6 visitors who should have been here by 11.30, now 15 minutes late :evil: :evil: :evil: If they are not here by 12 I am going for my lunch and there is nobody around to show them where to go. :rolleyes:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby icelesley » February 16th, 2017, 2:36 pm

12.45 they turned up numpties. Anyway I am going home shortly I have an appointment at the hospital. So I will see you all tomorrow, probably after my next call conference which I am assured will only be 9am - 9.30am :D See you all tomorrow. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 16th, 2017, 4:03 pm

Afternoon all! :wave:

jrc - your picture made me laugh :lol:
DS was only telling me the other day of a friend who had washed a garment on a gentle wash but stopped it after a short while as the garment was very delicate - they opened the machine and out came a wet, dazed cat :shock:. Apparently it recovered from the ordeal.

I think small bulbs in the garden can get eaten by mice and things.

Sequins are known as squeakins in our family after my daughter, aged 5, came home from school and announced they were required for an outfit for a school play. It was ages before she could get the word right (I must see if she can now!).

Birthday going well so far, the Chow Mein we had during the night was surprisingly delicious, I'm not sure I have ever had it before although I have had similar of course. SW says it is one of the better choices. I received the usual parcel of small assorted goodies from Norfolk. One of the items was a special kitchen magnifying glass with a magnet so it can be stuck on the fridge and then used to read recipes etc. It did cross my mind that you have to be a certain age before receiving such a thing but it will be wonderful for reading labels :). Best friend has lined up some weekend surprises, we usually do something on or near our birthdays but she has lined up two things. I have done various things for her this year so I suppose it is a thank you. I think I have guessed what is lined up for tomorrow but am not sure about Saturday lunchtime when I have been instructed to be hungry ... I have a hunch but will wait and see!

I hope that Mr Rats is having a suitably happy day, the lunch venue looks lovely.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Hope » February 16th, 2017, 4:10 pm

we went out for a 30-min walk (boys on bikes, but they know to wait for mummy!) I'm exhausted and my legs ache. Didn't even do anything, just wandered around! Still at least it was mild and sunny. it was lovely feeling the warmth of the sun on my face! First time I've managed to go out with them this holiday.
Hope
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 16th, 2017, 4:45 pm

Thank you EM he seems to be. The lunch was lovely thank you and the garden was beautiful a mass of almond blossom and spring flowers.

Is,'t it strange that you don't have a certain food for ages then get it twice in the same week.

In my case if was razor clams (a special favourite) Had them in a broth on Tuesday and as a garnish with my fish today, The others had Camargue beef cooked in Cotes de Rhone.The potaoes were lovely like duchesse type affairs but coated in flaked almonds which gave them a lovely crunch. Must try something similar at home.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 16th, 2017, 5:43 pm

Ratatouille wrote:n my case if was razor clams

Oooh how lovely! I've only ever had razor clams once. It was in a pub in the Lakes that we frequent fairly regularly but well and truly out of one of the honey-trap areas. Despite it being off the beaten track they had the most amazing chef for a while (I always like to imagine he went on to somewhere more high profile) and on this occasion one of the starters was razor clams cooked in Pernod. It was just wonderful and I've never forgotten it. :chops: :chops: :chops:

EM- so glad to hear you're having such a splendid birthday weekend and very glad you enjoyed the chow mein. :luv: :luv:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 16th, 2017, 9:44 pm

Sweet dreams all ... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
“One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.”― Luciano Pavarotti
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » February 17th, 2017, 6:13 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, another cold night, ice on the bird bath again which is very unusual for mid February. I wonder when the swallows will arrive ?
The almonds are out here too plus a local tree called Trimoutha, it has white flowers.

Moira :mug:
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 17th, 2017, 7:18 am

Good morning Moira :D :mug: and the rest of you as you arrive :D
It's a bit overcast out there, but dry. OH has gone to work and I need to go downstairs to make another :mug:
“One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.”― Luciano Pavarotti
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 17th, 2017, 7:20 am

Hi Moira, and we have a warm start to the day...

We had a grand day out yesterday, I had loads to do but Mr. Z talked me into a drive to the coast... 2 hours later and we are at Lyme Regis - packed with people, no where (without paying) to park so I collected fish N chips and we sat in a car park overlooking the beach. Should have realised it was half term ! :rolleyes: The weather was warm lots of dogs and children running about. honeycomb and choc chip ice cream for pudding. Bought a nice piece of hake from a wet fish shop for supper tomorrow, probably with chorizo and kale. Drove back along the coast to Charmouth, Seatown...... then up to Blandford. Dorchester has changed hugely since I was last there. It's had some money invested !!! Brand new buildings with architecture and everything.

Stopped at the John Lewis in Salisbury and hit the bargain shelves - Oh and a bottle of rather nice Gin I had not seen before, very very nice :cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail: Got home at 5.30, fluffs were tapping their watches !!

Salad for supper :chops: :chops: And very nice it was too.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Gruney » February 17th, 2017, 7:53 am

Seatallan wrote: I've only ever had razor clams once.

Same here - I had them as part of a seafood medley, in a quite unprepossessing restaurant I've been to several times on Skye. The restaurant is called "Creelers".
Gruney
Registered

Postby icelesley » February 17th, 2017, 8:06 am

Good Morning Wild Ones. It is very still here, not a breath of a breeze and just coming light. I think we are forecast rain this morning, so definitely an office morning. I have a call conference at 9am which they tell me will only last 30 minutes :rolleyes: Knowing Italians, it will be hours, they do like the sound of their own voices :lol:
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 17th, 2017, 8:14 am

Gruney wrote:
Seatallan wrote: I've only ever had razor clams once.

Same here - I had them as part of a seafood medley, in a quite unprepossessing restaurant I've been to several times on Skye. The restaurant is called "Creelers".

Creelers is great - fantastic seafood - and the Clootie Dumpling's not bad either :chops:
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 17th, 2017, 9:27 am

Good morning all :wave:

After yesterday's glorious sunshine we have thick fog this morning.

We had loads of phone calls last night including one from the GCs who of course are on half term. H told us he was cooking supper, pizzas, from scratch, and he had made a chocolate cake for afters. I refrained from asking where the 5 a day would feature. Just great to know he really enjoys cooking.

They are at school near Blandford Zosh,

Years since I had a clootie dumpling Suffs.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 17th, 2017, 10:01 am

Ratatouille wrote:Years since I had a clootie dumpling Suffs.

Perhaps it's something you could introduce your neighbours to one chilly winter Rats ;)
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 17th, 2017, 11:12 am

Like clootie dumplings! :chops:

Talking of which, my Scottish friend is flying down from the croft today and is staying with us for the weekend. Really excited especially as we have a girls night out planned for tomorrow. :D
Seatallan
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » February 17th, 2017, 11:16 am

Back from Pissouri where some half term holiday makers were in sleeveless tops and shorts, I know that the sun was shining but it was only 11 C :rolleyes:
I have a pan of mushroom soup on the hob, we shall have it for lunch

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby scullion » February 17th, 2017, 11:53 am

Ratatouille wrote:They are at school near Blandford Zosh,

bryanston?
scullion
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 17th, 2017, 12:54 pm

cyprusmoira wrote:Back from Pissouri where some half term holiday makers were in sleeveless tops and shorts, I know that the sun was shining but it was only 11 C :rolleyes: Moira

In the days before sun was bad for you, I had a friend who was always beautifully tanned in the summer. She had the kind of skin that tans easily but the minute the sun came out in spring she would bare herself to it when I was still in winter woolies. That was the secret, just as workmen who are out in all weathers used to look well tanned, you have to start early, no pain, no gain. I expect the specimens you saw yesterday will have (un)healthy tans and be bouncing with vitamin D by the time summer comes. :lol:

Well, the thought of almond blossom and a lovely day at the seaside plus a beautiful day outside makes me feel very hopeful that spring is on the way! The day out sounded lovely Zosh. I have been to SW this morning, enthusiasm waning already after birthday noodles and a surprise cake at the meeting I went to last night - I didn't know they even knew when my birthday was! I had lost one measly pound. DS and family have announced they are coming round on Sunday so I had better blitz the house today so that DIL doesn't have a fit :rolleyes: . I was going to go into town and look at clothes. I would like some new clothes but have absolutely no idea where to start looking for nice things without spending weeks hunting. Little I have seen online inspires me.

Hope everyone has a good day - if it is as sunny where you are as it is here I am sure it will give you a lift! :hug:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 17th, 2017, 1:08 pm

scullion wrote:
Ratatouille wrote:They are at school near Blandford Zosh,

bryanston?

Nope, Clayesmore
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 17th, 2017, 1:52 pm

earthmaiden wrote:In the days before sun was bad for you, I had a friend who was always beautifully tanned in the summer. She had the kind of skin that tans easily but the minute the sun came out in spring she would bare herself to it when I was still in winter woolies. That was the secret

In the days when sun protection was a 4 year old tube of Cooltan to dab on your nose, all us seaside kids were sent out to play half naked from Easter on; buy the time the sea had warmed up enough to go onto the beach in a swimsuit, we were golden and too tanned to burn easily

I was shocked to discover that my face tanned slightly under SPF 50 in Greece for a week
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 17th, 2017, 2:26 pm

DSC_0056.JPG
Nice part of the world Rats. Earth, hope you celebrated your day in style. This was the sky on the way home....
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » February 17th, 2017, 2:37 pm

Afternoon All

A pound lost is better than a pound gained EM :tu:

Lovely sky Zosh.

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby PurpleLuv » February 17th, 2017, 3:53 pm

Afternoon all :hug:

Paris was well "Paris" :rolleyes: I really would hate to live there, I find it a little frightening. Had a lovely meal though, in a wine museum :cocktail: :D

Are we still on for dinner in London Tuesday? :hungry:
Attachments
IMG_1220.JPG
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 17th, 2017, 4:33 pm

PurpleLuv wrote:Are we still on for dinner in London Tuesday?

It's in my diary ... I just need to know what time and what is the nearest station (Tottenham Court Road ?) and where best to meet up .. ??? ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby PurpleLuv » February 17th, 2017, 4:35 pm

Great Patsy, looking forward to it, is 7pm ok? I think that station is the closest :tu:
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 17th, 2017, 4:37 pm

Not the earlier time then ?? That's OK ...

The sun has been shining here today and the ice-cream van has just parked outside ... Does that mean summer is here ? :?
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby PurpleLuv » February 17th, 2017, 4:46 pm

If I dont stay for the afternoon meeting I'd be fine anytime but knowing my luck I'll get dragged in, shall we say 6.30-7pm, I'll text you early afternoon if I get away sooner :tu:
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 17th, 2017, 4:49 pm

It will take me about an hour to get to Tottenham Ct Rd from home ... won't you be expected to stay for the afternoon meeting ?
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby PurpleLuv » February 17th, 2017, 4:58 pm

It's a very formal affair Patsy, I'm an "expert" in the morning meeting but the afternoon meeting is for ministers & the like, I may get called as an Observer with permision to speak upon others request but wont know until the day, I'll message you as soon as I know but for others if we say 6.30 I know I should be able to get there for then easy 8-)
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby Zosherooney » February 17th, 2017, 5:47 pm

Thanks Chinch. It was a beautiful ride home.

Yep summer must be here, we sat out on our patio step, glass of bubbles, birdies singing, sun was warm........ then the feral kids in the vicinity started shouting and screaming at a very loud volume :evil: :evil: :evil: Spoilt what was a pleasant time....... got fed up in the end and had a controlled word about respect and consideration for everyone and could the volume possibly be turned down ......... kept my cool but she kept interrupting so said thanks for listening and goodbye...... turned on my heel and came home. It has been very quiet since. She seemed to think that having a family home meant they could make as much noise as they wanted ??????? :| :|
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby aero280 » February 17th, 2017, 6:33 pm

The two of us are expecting to meet up on Tuesday. So count us in. We may go up a touch early and go to the Neals Yard Dairy for cheese first. :)

Where shall we meet? I don't know the area well these days.
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby Sloe-Gin » February 17th, 2017, 6:50 pm

Mixed news here.
Dynoclot came, flashed his damp meter, pronounced the wall dry, then painted it and left. 3 hours later, we had this:

16 Feb 2017.jpg

3rd email off to the CEO of BG, saying we don't want a man and an ass, but a professional. We await developments.

But we have had new carpets, though not in the entrance hall where we found the latest patch of damp

Front entrance hall.jpg

And new carpets and flooring in the downstairs loo is wonderful!

Here is work in progress!

new carpets 17 Feb 17.jpg
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Postby PurpleLuv » February 17th, 2017, 7:03 pm

Pi$$ed off for you Ann :twisted:

I've done the deed & told my tenant I'm serving notice 8-) went very well...so far.

Really glad you are coming too Aero :D I'll make a little post tommorow about an informal meet & check out google maps for a meet location.x
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby suffolk » February 17th, 2017, 7:14 pm

SG :( it can take months for a wall to dry out properly :rolleyes: :hug:
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 17th, 2017, 7:35 pm

PurpleLuv wrote:Really glad you are coming too Aero :D I'll make a little post tommorow about an informal meet & check out google maps for a meet location.x

Assuming we are heading for the Goan, nearest tubes are Tottenham Court Road and Goodge Street
Nearest pubs I am familiar with are the Marquis of Granby http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/restaurants/london/themarquisofgranbyrathbonestreetlondon and the Wheatsheaf https://www.allinlondon.co.uk/clubs_bars/venue-686.php
Both get stupidly packed and there are others in the area, but same thing really
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby FoodMary » February 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Just popped in to say I am still in the land of the living! What with family problems and nasty inflamation of the scar from my last hip op (very odd as it was several months ago) I haven't had much time (or energy) for anything else. All is quiet now and I am thinking of taking a few days away with a friend to just chill.

So..... hope all are well and happy and I will be back in a couple of days.

Mary J
I even dream about food!
FoodMary
Registered

Postby uschi » February 17th, 2017, 9:04 pm

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear about your infection, Mary!!
Do take care of yourself! :hug: :hug: :hug:
uschi
Registered

Postby PurpleLuv » February 17th, 2017, 9:55 pm

Thinking of you Mary, don't every underestimate infection...look at Dad last year, take mega care & look after you.xxx
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby suffolk » February 17th, 2017, 10:49 pm

Glad you're sort of ok Mary :hug:
Have a lovely stay away with your friend and take care of yourself :hug:
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » February 18th, 2017, 7:08 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, Zosh, I appreciate your problem, around here people have bought houses only to find that next door is a holiday let, usually everything is fine but sometimes you get a group who insist on noisy barbecues at 2 00 am. I know someone that happened to, when he went round there he was roundly informed that it was their holiday and that was what they did on holiday. They moved.
Mary : take care of yourself and stay with your friend.
Nice morning here

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby PurpleLuv » February 18th, 2017, 8:15 am

Morning Moira & all :hug:

Feeling good this morning, we had a dog that was missing locally & I take anything with dogs to heart so wasn't sleeping well but :luv: he was found yesterday so didn't carry my worry to sleep last night :D
Plus after putting it off I told tenant he would be given notice on the 1st, something I'd been putting off but needs to be done to get the house on the market, sold (hopefully) & prevent a big stamp duty bill on a second home 8-)

Green house clearing today...spring is here :D
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby suffolk » February 18th, 2017, 8:28 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Glad you slept better Purps :)
I've got a busy-ish week ahead next week so I'm going to make a batch of pasties this morning - that'll be one easy meal :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 18th, 2017, 8:31 am

Morning all :wave:

Special hello to mary. please take care of yourself and have a lovely rest :hug:

No fog this morning. Mr rats has gone to the market alone because he has another errand in town and anyway many paces are closed because of the half term skiing holiday.

We spent yesterday afternoon sorting out my preserve shelves to make room for this years production. I found one jar of jam dated 2006 :oops: :oops:

I have promised sir a curry this evening, just hope he can find some fresh coriander - just not the same withou is it?
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 18th, 2017, 10:44 am

Rats, I buy a large bunch, chop it and freeze it flat-ish. You can then break off what you need. :tu: I know it's not quite as good as fresh but it's better than not having any at all. :chef:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 18th, 2017, 11:18 am

Morning Wildies :wave: :luv:

Mary- good to see you. Hope the family issues aren't too onerous and that you enjoy the weekend. :hug: :hug:

Friend from Scotland is staying- girls night out later- so just popping head around the door to say hello. Have a super day and I'll catch you on the flip side. :D :luv:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 18th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Zosherooney wrote:Rats, I buy a large bunch, chop it and freeze it flat-ish. You can then break off what you need. :tu: I know it's not quite as good as fresh but it's better than not having any at all. :chef:

No problem he came back with a huge bunch fro the North African section of the market all for 50cents.

Have just had a lovely leisurely lunch in the veranda with all door and windows open watching the , seversl, butterflies, red admirals. whites and Cleopatras, and listening to the black cap singing it's heart out up ihe ivy on the wall.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 18th, 2017, 1:08 pm

Kitchen tidy, washing up done, a batch of big pasties in the oven and smelling fab - they'll be ready around half past one - form an orderly queue .... :chef: ;)
suffolk
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop