What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Rocky » January 11th, 2018, 10:53 am

Oh dear Zosh. Sounds horrible! Hope he is ok.

We have eaten quite simply so far this week. Lunch on Monday was a tuna salad. Dinner was a veggie omlette and salad. Can't remember Tuesday lunch. Dinner was Thai yellow curry veggie noodles. Yesterday was roti Wednesday at work :chops: . Dinner was a chicken and brocolli saucy dish (oyster sauce some garlic, chili and ginger) with some fried rice. Lunch today will be another tuna salad and dinner is out at our local restaurant so either a chicken and feta pizza or fish of the day.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 11th, 2018, 1:05 pm

How very worrying Zosh. I hope he gets an appointment asap. Too many nasty reason not to.

Last night I made a trad quiche which i served really fresh from the oven so it was beautifully puffed up. With it we had spinach and a hot beetroot salad. I made a big apple compote with sutanas and flavoured with Calvados afterwards.

This morning Mr R got up early to let the carlenters in and had Greek yogurt with the rest of the rasberries for his breakfast,
Lunch was the rest of the quiche and fresh coleslaw and clementines afterwards.

Mac n't cheese de luxe and apple pancakes.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 11th, 2018, 5:21 pm

Late breakfast of eggs scrambled with veg and crumpets

No lunch, dinner will be a second portion of the pork and quince stew with celeriac & potato mash and some peas and broad beans

Apple for snack. Meeting in pub so wine will be taken
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 12th, 2018, 9:37 am

I'm planning moules frites tonight - because I like them,
Mr R had with a banana fro his breakfast and lunch is due to be bacon sandwiches to use up the bacon I thawed yesterday to top the mac.n' cheese.

I'm just about to go down to make a bread and butter pudding to use up the last of the Kings' cake.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 12th, 2018, 11:26 am

Hope your OH is ok Zosh!

Tapas was lovely last night. Although as some of it wasn't remotely Spanish i'm not sure i'd label it tapas. The best bits were some just seared and marinaded steak strips, catfish empanadas, a pomegranate and halloumi dish with honey and thyme and some spiced chicken pinchos with edamame. They had a January offer which meant that we tasted everything on the menu for £12.50 each :shock: With a few bottles of wine, cocktails, g&t's etc between the 5 of us it was still only £25 per head. Absolute bargain.

Far too full for breakfast this morning but lunch will possibly be a tuna/sweetcorn toastie melt with some gem lettuce on the side.

I'm making two different portions of chilli later...one for us and one for DD without chilli heat but with the other spices. I think we're having it with rice, salad, guacamole, sour cream etc.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 12th, 2018, 9:03 pm

Oh Zosh, poor Mr Z!

I hope he is feeling better now.

Yesterday I had lunch out with a friend (a rare thing!) at Albion (they have a 25% off 'January sale' if you book and quite the reference) I had sweet potato, spinach with chilli and a poached egg, following by apple cake and custard.
Chilli and cheese for dinner... again!

Today, I did an eight and a half hour round trip (to see my mother who is back in hospital again. Sounds mad, but was worth it for several reasons.) on just a 'veggie New Yorker' (?) sandwich from M&S. (Underwhelming.) Not even a coffee or a chunky Kitkat! The way to the buffet bar was blocked by about 20 twenty-somethings wearing tutus, togas and rugby kits, with a lot of flesh exposed to what would, at the end of the journey, be relatively cold Sheffield air, and who were intent on drinking themselves into a coma. (They had bags of funnels and pipes. Need I say more?) After two hours of that, were I a drinker, I could probably have done with one. (Or a valium.)

Waiting for husband to come home now, although might cave in and eat something.
He has promised to look after me this weekend after my horrid week. As far as food's concerned I think this had better be a nice lunch out (rather than him trying to cook :) )
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 12th, 2018, 10:25 pm

Herb, you've had a shocker of a week! Hope your mum is ok and you have a lovely weekend with the husband.

Thursday, I was still hanging. Fruit for breakfast.
Pasta for lunch and a few sips of bought soup which was not too great. Mixed pepper it said and their homemade soups are usually so good but this was peppers and cream and an unpleasant amount of 'raw' chilli powder as though it was thrown in at the end.
Migraine was trying to push through again so I had a half twirl before I drove home.
OH made me a mozzarella burger on wholemeal roll with tongue stripping amounts of jalapeno relish on.
Early to bed and bad nights sleep despite being in the house on my own.

Today, not much better.
Bit of porridge for breakfast.
Couldn't think at all at lunch so, craving pastry, I headed towards Greggs but actually ended up in subway which I reasoned as slightly more nutritional. Veggie, obviously. And a packet of crisps. Felt fantastic after that :? Must've needed the stodge.

Tonight, I had noodles with shredded sprouts, mange tout, spring onions, sriracha, garlic and plenty of soy. Topped with a fried egg. Hit the spot nicely.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 12th, 2018, 10:45 pm

Thanks Em. Husband has just come home not better from his chesty cold of ten days ago, but much worse. His chest is rattling and he sounds terrible. I have made him contact out of hours doctor for advice. Sigh. (Really rather worried. And a bit cross tbh that he's not seen someone about it.)

Mozarella burger with jalapeno sounds very nice indeed!

I hope you are feeling a bit better.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 12th, 2018, 11:22 pm

Herbidacious wrote:(Really rather worried. And a bit cross tbh that he's not seen someone about it.)

They never do.
Catherine
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 13th, 2018, 12:21 am

He’s been summoned to an out of hours hospital appointment. 1am :shock:
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 13th, 2018, 9:33 am

Goodness, I thought I was (threatening to be) feeling really rough these past few days (felt my first horrible cold in ages coming on, nothing's happened!) :hug: I hope everyone and loved ones are feeling a bit better this morning. Glad that the mention of Endoscopy got Mr Z munching, Zosh. Nobody wants one of those! I vowed they would have to sedate me first before I ever went for another one, but if it needs to be done! I was reminded of my lovely granddad when he got a fish bone stuck in his throat. In A&E, hardly able to breathe around said bone, the consultant said 'This means surgery!' Whether he meant it or was playing scare tactits matters not. 'whoooosh!' out flew the bone across the waiting room! :lol:

I woke at 9am today, so far tea has been supped, just about to have cornflakes and a Granny Smith. Mum is taking me out lunchtime. No doubt we'll eat, not sure what yet! Depending on what that is I have a couple of dinner options including spicy beans either on a jacket spud or on toast, maybe some grated farmhouse cheddar, I also have a Savoy in the fridge which I plan to use to make a dry curry dish with onion, cumin seed, turmeric and bird's eye chillies.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 13th, 2018, 10:54 am

My poor mother had to have a series of endoscopic procedures - once every six months for a couple of years - and they used rohypnol to 'sedate' her. On one occasion they went ahead with the procedure when it the drug had not started working properly (or didn't work at all). She tried to stop them, but the nurse just said 'There, there' and went ahead anyway. Poor thing. I think the way this drug works is partly that you can't remember what happens, rather than you can't feel it? If I have this right, it strikes me as philosophically interesting and rather alarming if you are facing such a procedure. "Ok you are going to feel this, and it's going to hurt. But it's ok. You won't remember a thing." When I had an endoscopy I was waiting in terror as I sat waiting for it to happen. They had given me something. After what felt like a long while, I asked when they were going to do it, and they said they already had :shock:

Anyway husband has bronchitis. They have prescribed antibiotics and say it will clear up in 72 hours. I hope so. I am sceptical. And when I let a chest infection develop in bronchitis in my 20s, I got chest infections every time I had a cold for the next 15 years.

I ended up having bread and anchor spread last night! Hoping for a much better day on the gastronomy front today!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 13th, 2018, 12:35 pm

I'm off soon for lunch at Raymond B's gaff in Ruislip ... it's 50% off mains today ... shame as I saw a lovely choice on the set menu :(
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 13th, 2018, 1:49 pm

PatsyMFagan wrote:I'm off soon for lunch at Raymond B's gaff in Ruislip ... it's 50% off mains today ... shame as I saw a lovely choice on the set menu :(

Or another way of looking at it is that OBVIOUSLY you are going to have to go back and sample that set menu at another date. :D It would be rude not to
Catherine
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 13th, 2018, 4:17 pm

I had radicchio leaves with some gorgeous blue cheese, pine nuts, honey croutons, then a delicious sharp lemon steamed pudding with clotted cream.

OH also ordered freshly fried truffled macaroni cheese balls which were deliciously peppery (I had one) but not very truffly, but really very good anyway.

I have just scoffed more peanut caramel Milka than I should have. I am enjoying my food today :)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » January 13th, 2018, 5:33 pm

Had a lovely lunch today with my mum today who's feeling a bit down in the dumps. Two beautifully cooked seabsss fillets with gorgeous crunchy skin, with a lemon butter sauce, new potatoes , roast cherry tomatoes and we subbed the asparagus for broccoli. Shared a salted caramel brownie with ice cream for afters. I think a late supper might be a sausage roll with mixed salad and coleslaw.
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 13th, 2018, 7:56 pm

Lunch was jacket potato with a topping I've not tried before - coronation chicken. It was okay but I think I had built it up to something a bit more special as a past MIL was obsessed with the stuff! It came with a huge side salad and I also had my first mocha to slurp. I'll be having that again!

Dinner has been two slices of toast and Marmite topped with two sauteed huge field mushrooms and tinned plum tomatoes.

Mum treated me to mint choc chip Cornettos for my freezer. I feel pudding coming on.... :hungry:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Rocky » January 13th, 2018, 9:45 pm

I had to have a working lunch today :( . Had fish tacos. Met some girls in the afternoon for book club and had a few egg sarnies and a few glasses of prosecco. Dinner is meant to be amatriciana chicken traybake - but the glasses of prosecco have stolen my enthusiasm...
Rocky
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 13th, 2018, 10:27 pm

TeresaFoodie wrote:Lunch was jacket potato with a topping I've not tried before - coronation chicken. It was okay but I think I had built it up to something a bit more special as a past

It would have been that ready made sandwich filling type stuff which is a pale comparison to a homemade version. Shop bought really isn't very nice, but before you write it off do give a homemade version a go. It can be rather good
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 13th, 2018, 10:31 pm

I'll have to do that Catherine. This was certainly better designed for a sandwich. The chicken pieces were tiny! I'd definitely make it far chunkier.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 14th, 2018, 11:14 am

We've been invited out for lunch today so I don't know what's on the menu.

Our moules frites on Friday night hit the spot completely.

We had croissants after the market yesterday and lunch was beetroot and goat cheese salad with some extra coleslaw on the side followed by a maltaise orange and a handful of fresh walnuts and almonds and a square of chilli chocolate.

Supper was a big pot of mussel chowder and some warm ciabatta bread. Unfortunately the bottle of Chablis Mr R opened was corked - this is rather rare these days, in fact I can't remember the last time it happened. I made individual tarte tatins whci i served with a thick dollop of creme fraiche.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 14th, 2018, 11:40 am

Yesterday I had lunch out at Raymond Blanc's White Bear in Ruislip... should I be worried that we are now recognised by the staff as we go there so much ? :rolleyes: ;) I had slow roast loin of pork and suckling pig, with pan fried potatoes, a whole steamed quarter cabbage (as opposed to sliced) and a delicious gooseberry sauce. Couldn't resist a dessert of chocolate torte with flaked almonds and vanilla ice cream. :oops: 8-)

Out to lunch again today, but this time to a bog standard roast at the Brewers Fare in Watford with the old ladies ... they love a pub lunch and it is central and good value. ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 14th, 2018, 2:51 pm

Polenta with mushrooms and broad beans in a local pub. I just about liked it but almost didn't. (The polenta was very very smooth.) Some parmesan on top would have improved it immeasurably.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 14th, 2018, 6:05 pm

PatsyMFagan wrote:PatsyMFagan » January 14th, 2018, 11:40 am

Yesterday I had lunch out at Raymond Blanc's White Bear in Ruislip... should I be worried that we are now recognised by the staff as we go there so much ?

I wouldn't worry at all Patsy. My dad gets a Christmas card direct from the Hogsback Brewery as they only live down the road from there so he gets his TEA ale by the barrel straight from source. Shameful lol
Catherine
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 14th, 2018, 6:26 pm

We stayed at friends last night and had a Chinese take away. They set up a gin business last year which is going amazingly so we had a few cocktails. I’m not a gin fan but like it hidden in a cocktail!

Warm croissant first thing before a long walk with dogs and children. Then out for brunch...most of us had the hash with beef, potatoes, onion and herbs. Topped with deep fried jalapeños and a poached egg.

Dinner tonight is about to be roast monkfish wrapped in Parma ham sat on top of a lemon, leek and pea risotto and a few roasted vine tomatoes.

Pkc, your sea bass photo looked gorgeous on FB :hungry:
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » January 14th, 2018, 7:18 pm

J is cooking 6-hour shoulder of lamb which will be served with parsnip and horseradish cakes, baby carrots and broccoli from the garden.
He's opened an Otago pinot noir. Lovely.
We don't really enjoy puds so there will be cheese and crackers later.

He is currently thanking heavens that he chose not to go to the Tigers match in France today.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » January 14th, 2018, 8:05 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:We stayed at friends last night and had a Chinese take away. They set up a gin business last year which is going amazingly so we had a few cocktails. I’m not a gin fan but like it hidden in a cocktail!

Warm croissant first thing before a long walk with dogs and children. Then out for brunch...most of us had the hash with beef, potatoes, onion and herbs. Topped with deep fried jalapeños and a poached egg.

Dinner tonight is about to be roast monkfish wrapped in Parma ham sat on top of a lemon, leek and pea risotto and a few roasted vine tomatoes.

Pkc, your sea bass photo looked gorgeous on FB :hungry:

Aw thank you OMCO. It's nice having that FB page as I love taking food photos and saves boring my non food interested friends with them ! I'm going away to America in six weeks so prepare yourself for loads of food photos then .

Breakfast was apple , sultana and cinnamon porridge . Working today so lunch was a few kiwi fruit and cup a soup . Dinner was fish again but slightly less refined :D . Cod in beer batter and chips from a fish and chip stall on Lyme Regis beach . Always think they taste nicer when they're eaten by the sea
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 14th, 2018, 8:06 pm

I had roasted sweet potato baked with smoked paprika, feta and drizzle of lemon oil, for dinner.

You can get smoked paprika in a mill now... v useful.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 14th, 2018, 8:45 pm

Herb, glad the husband is eating despite the illness and you're eating some nice things too!

Yesterday, I had mushrooms and tomatoes on a wholemeal roll.
Very late lunch after Leo's swimming lesson was a twirl and a slice of warby's toastie with ham and cheese.
Went out for food late ish. To a new burger place which has shot up the ratings round here. It's very small, around 8 tables I think. Anyway, I had buttermilk fried chicken (which was utterly delicious) with mozzarella and lemon pepper aioli with mixed potato and sweet potato fries. Couple of beers too.

Today, nothing until around half 2... jacket potato, beans and salad.
Tea has bean a veggie sausage, tomato, mushroom and egg butty, a yoghurt and an alpen light bar.
Stuffed!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 14th, 2018, 10:34 pm

Toast and blackcurrant (HM) jam for him. I had half a small slice with wholemeal P nut butter. Lunch was a giant frittata with loads of veg and chorizo bits RTC counter - very tasty. Supper was half an avocado and Med. tuna and lettuce cups with cous cous and red pepper, again RTC penny pots. :luv:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Rocky » January 15th, 2018, 12:52 am

Lovely sounding food. Chicken traybake last night was really good so I was glad I persevered. Got up early today and had a 12 mile run. Got home in time for a swift turnaround to meet colleagues to clear the local high school - in three hours we cleared 8 class rooms but it was knackering" by the time I met OH at midday I could have eaten a horse so had West Indian chicken curry and two 'dark and irmas' - rum and ginger beer. A long snooze required. Have just made a spicy sausage sauce that OH had with pasta and I had with roasted veg.
Rocky
Registered

Postby icelesley » January 15th, 2018, 9:28 am

Breakfast: Bite size shredded wheat and milk
Lunch: chicken salad sandwich thin
Dinner: chicken korma and rice followed by a yoghurt.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 15th, 2018, 2:29 pm

Yesterday's lunch out was lovely. Lobster bisque to start. Stuffed pork loin pot roast in and finally a white wine, served with a carrot, turnip, parsnip and potato gratin. Then a Mont D'Or cheese and a cinnamon and apple cake with thick cream.

We didn't need another thing for the rest of the day.

Today there was a poridge breakfast.
Lunch was broccoli and blue cheese soup and a lovely pear afterwards
I'm making a lamb and bean casserole for tonight and I'll probably pop in some dumplings rather than have potatoes and serve it with a sprout puree. Baked stuffed apples for pud.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 15th, 2018, 8:04 pm

Rocky wrote:dark and irmas

:lol: glad she didn't take your humour with her ;)

Today, I had a veggie sausage sandwich for breakfast.
Back at the same meeting venue as last week so had the gammon, jacket and peas again :rolleyes:
Tea has been shakshouka with homemade chips. Struck gold and got the sauce just right in terms of soft onions and peppers, rich sauce and a bit of smokey heat and the egg just perfectly runny too.
May well treat myself (?!) to an alpen light and a yoghurt shortly.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 15th, 2018, 10:26 pm

Ratatouille wrote:and a lovely pear afterwards

I got some fab pears for the kids the other day from the local garden centre that has a farm shop with it. They were huge, and I mean huge and perfectly ripe. 3 for £1. The kids ate in utter silence, juice dribbling down their chins
Catherine
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 15th, 2018, 11:48 pm

Been staying in a hotel for backgammon so great cooked breakfasts and uninspiring hot buffet dinners. I realy didn't like the buffet on Friday (can't remember what it was but they'd made a realky goid apple crumblein house; unfortunately someone had put aload of cinnamon in it which didn't suit me).
Yesterday had the breakfast, then a pack of mini cheddars on the coach, and then papoardelle with ox cheek ragu and side salad when I got home. Piece of Shrooshire blue to follow

Today was banana, granola, yogurt breakfast
Lentil and vegetable soup with toast for lunch then an apple
Dinner was a boar burger with celeriac slaw and chips in the pub
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Rocky » January 16th, 2018, 12:47 am

I HAVE A FRIDGE! Not sure much more needs to be said. 4 months without is something most people can't imagine I expect but we've done it. Won't be doing a restock as we expect 8 hour power cuts as the norm but :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: credit where it is due - let's be thankful for the small stuff.

No comment on eating today so perhaps wrong thread but hope you'll forgive that!
Rocky
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 16th, 2018, 8:24 am

Oooh excellent Rocky!! You deserve a medal for dealing the way you have so a fridge is a lovely bit of news! Enjoy!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » January 16th, 2018, 1:51 pm

Nice one Rocky!!! :D :tu: :tu:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 16th, 2018, 9:19 pm

Welcome Rocky's fridge! :bounce:

Breakfast would have been mushrooms on toast, but I was hogging the toaster's plug socket to precariously charge my mobile so I had a mushroom and brown sauce sandwich, Lady Grey with lemon.

Lunch was Covent Garden skinny Goan chicken soup with some leftover steamed cabbage stirred through. I'll have that flavour soup again, their best that I have tasted so far!

Dinner was spaghetti with homemade thick garlicky spicy tomato sauce and chopped up veggie hot dogs stirred through. Pudding was chocolate chip cornetto.

Supper - big bowl of cornflakes!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 16th, 2018, 10:21 pm

I have 4 fridges, two are my food fridges and one is a wine fridge and the other a beer fridge..... totally spoilt ! Woe betide him if I find wine or beer in my food fridges..... !

Brekkie at the B&B was french bread, a local goats cheese, HM jams, a fried egg, fruit, yoghurt, Apple cake.... coffee and freshly squeezed OJ. I did not have it all but we did stop shopping at 3.30pm for the end of the pork pie, cous cous and a handful of gin and juniper crisps !!!! Fruit juice and water.

Supper was wonderful...... An amuse bouche of savoury/fishy chantilly cream with some small seed shoots. A Rickard and water, starter of a coquille st. jacques, with shredded veg in the scallop shell, sealed with puff pastry and baked ! served with a slight tomato and fish stock with cream.... sublime.....MMmm! He had crab and sm. salmon pot with a lovely leaf salad, perfectly dressed.
Mains - mine was bar in sauce Americane and wonderful mix of veg, both puree, mouselline, sliced carrot - yellow and orange, broccoli, leeks and onions creamed potato. He had virtually the same veg but a steak in pepper sauce - he nearly ordered sweetbreads but the waitress came and advised before it was too late. Not his cup of tea.... Dessert was brioche B&B pud with a salted caramel sauce, almond ice cream and chantilly cream.........to die for......He had 'of the house' profiteroles and a gorgeous full chocky sauce with almond ice cream....... I cleared all the sauces......!

A coffee and sip of whisky and I'm shattered..... Not at all used to a double bed.... I miss my super kingsize. Keep hearing my fluffs jump on the bed and walk over me..... I do miss them. They knew we were off somewhere......!

Thank you for your thoughts Wildies, thankfully no re occurances of the swallowing problem, he is being ultra careful and I think his body is grateful ! :kneel: :kneel:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 16th, 2018, 10:59 pm

TeresaFoodie wrote:to precariously charge my mobile

Goodness that sounds way more exciting that when I charge my phone :lol:
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 16th, 2018, 11:26 pm

:lol: We have a 'will it, won't it' relationship at the moment! Depends on the plug socket and what I've perched it on. It can be the highlight of my day! :lol:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 16th, 2018, 11:55 pm

TeresaFoodie wrote::lol: We have a 'will it, won't it' relationship at the moment! Depends on the plug socket and what I've perched it on. It can be the highlight of my day! :lol:

We have a similar thing going on with the baby monitor at the moment which we don't even need really but we use it to see what twno it is in his room and make sure it's not too hot or cold. I've given up now!

Anyway, porridge this morning.
Jacket, beans, salad and coleslaw for lunch.
Out for supplier meal and think I did remarkably well for me :lol:
A popadom, paneer tikka, chicken and veg shashlick, plain rice... Didn't have the sauce it came with it so relatively healthy!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 17th, 2018, 12:03 am

TeresaFoodie wrote::lol: We have a 'will it, won't it' relationship at the moment! Depends on the plug socket and what I've perched it on. It can be the highlight of my day! :lol:

My life is seriously lacking :lol: ;) :D
Catherine
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 17th, 2018, 10:31 am

Great news, Rocky!

Yum, Zosh. Whereabouts in France are you?

My diet yesterday is too bad to mention. Talking of which I needed to go on A Diet. Too much comfort food since my fall and my mother's hospitalization.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 17th, 2018, 11:02 am

That's great Rocky!

Prettykiwicrazy wrote:I'm going away to America in six weeks so prepare yourself for loads of food photos then .

Ooooh i'm jealous! Where are you going? Look forward to seeing the photos!

Thinking back... on Monday we had an M&S dine in for £10 meal. We had the seabass with tapenade butter and some green beans. I also made a kind of layered potato bake with sliced potatoes, red onions, garlic, oregano, s&p, dotted with butter. Was quite nice. We've not had the included apple pie or bottle of wine yet.

Last night we made pizzas topped with sliced green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, sliced courgette and mozzarella. With a green salad on the side. I made an extra pizza so we've got that for lunch today.

Dinner tonight will be a kind of chicken parmigiana using the remainder of the tomato sauce we used on the pizzas and the last of the grated mozzarella. Plus some parmesan and basil/basil oil. I'm not sure of sides yet but we have green beans, mushrooms, peppers and courgette to use up so it'll include some of those.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 17th, 2018, 2:07 pm

Herb, we are half way between Calais and Dunkirk - nice accom, rural and quiet, nearest rest. is 7 mins away - Saint Folquin. It is working out really well for what we want and things we want to buy for the build later on.....
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 17th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Sounds nice, Zosh. Sorry, I don't often go on the chatterbox thread so I miss things...

I could do with a French shop, but not likely to happen before Easter :( Still, Easter's early :D
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 17th, 2018, 5:04 pm

Cornflakes for breakfast.
A bowl of chips and a mocha for lunch.
Dinner is on. Spaghetti with tomato sauce (leftovers) pimped up with mushrooms and a veggie sausage.
Later on - lychees with Turkish delight ice cream. :shock: Someone find me a blind fold! :lol:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop