What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby earthmaiden » April 13th, 2018, 1:54 pm

Herbi - you eat such delicious things! I'm trying to keep off sweet things and so am craving them like crazy :lol:

Yesterday was pretty well the same as the previous few days for me except for tuna salad in place of fish stew and porridge instead of Ryvita this morning. I'm off to see what I can cobble together for tonight now! I think I might take some Baxters soup actually and a selection of fruit.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 13th, 2018, 4:19 pm

I missed breakfast but had a creamy pasta packet mix for lunch. Just realised I have a bag of fizzy strawberry shoelaces here. They could be consumed soon! I am debating going over to the shop for fruit. I fancy a few apples later!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 13th, 2018, 7:48 pm

I had fruit toast and coffee at Starbucks this morning. 27.5 syns on slimming world :o how can that even be, it's just bread and fruit and not much of it!
Tofu, noodles and veg for a very late lunch.
Tea is to be spicy breaded chicken, chips, southern style gravy (from a mayflower pack :oops: :o ) and bbq beans.

In my defence, I see SW'ers go on about the mayflower stuff and saw them in b&m bargains for about 50p so thought I'd see what the fuss was about. Verdict soon!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 13th, 2018, 8:28 pm

Can't remember what we had for dinner on Wednesday - lunch was roti.

Last night we had our weekly joint dinner with friends. She had made a lovely caponata and suggested having it with 'any meat' so I made minute steaks with seasoned breadcrumbs and had brocolli and asparagus with it. Leftover caponata for lunch just now :chops:

To,orrow is the big race I did last year. I am 'only' doing half which is 19 miles. Was feeling fairly relaxed it but now a bit :scared: . Race briefing is the other end of the island at 6 so I have spuds ready to go and the courgette 'sauce' OH likes to have bangers and mash when we are home before having a very early night. We have to leave at 4am tomorrow.

It is actually really lovely - I am doing the first leg for two lovely military chaps who were here just after Irma and were an amazing support. Back to run it :D
Rocky
Registered

Postby mum-at-the-oven » April 13th, 2018, 8:51 pm

I have just thrown away the worst food ever! I don't buy ready meals but I have been home alone this week and my local One Stop had a ready meal of sweet and sour chicken reduced from £2.50 to 40p Fine I thought - a mealtime without cooking - it was inedible but I would be mortified if i had paid £2.50
mum-at-the-oven
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » April 14th, 2018, 7:18 pm

Most ready meals are the devils work. Makes me wonder how certain meals get past quality control.

Nice day of eating today. Had a big bowl of porridge made with coconut milk, banana and drizzle of maple syrup with some cinnamon . Went out for lunch to a vegetarian restaurant . Had a gorgeous butternut and cashew pate flavoured with lime and chill plus some crispbreads. Definitely something I want to recreate at home. Dinner was a portion of dhal found at the bottom of the freezer . I topped it with very crispy fried onions and mustard seeds and scooped it up with a shop bought garlic and coriander naan
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » April 15th, 2018, 2:05 am

I did a course on " Mughlai cooking" today. I had 16 students, including a top TV personality and a diplomat from the Indian Embassy :scared: :) I´m glad to say it all went very well! As usual, I could barely eat after the course, but I did manage a chocolate pot du creme and a phenomenal fillet of sea bass with a caper sauce. Then when I got home I had a faceful of spaghetti aglio e olio - and in my case, e peperoncini!!
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 15th, 2018, 5:04 am

Due to what I think has been a sickness and diarrhea bug most of this week i haven't been eating much. Yesterday.due to freezer meltdown and me only having one slice of bread left so had it with peanut butter. I was feeling a bit chinny but I don't today so reckon a couple have pounds have come off.

Well done Clive, sounds like fun!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » April 15th, 2018, 6:26 am

Prettykiwicrazy wrote:Most ready meals are the devils work. Makes me wonder how certain meals get past quality control.

Do you mind if I start a thread on this pkc? I'll do it on The Kitchen.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » April 15th, 2018, 6:49 am

Of course I don't
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 15th, 2018, 10:50 am

Sounds amazing Clive. Hope you're feeling better TeresaFoodie.

Yesterday's food appears to have been all about barbecue. Got up at 3 for the race and had a bagel and honey. When I had finished my half we supported the other two and I nibbled on some slightly addictive sundried tomato wheat thins. Lunch at the end was jerk pork with rice n peas. Dinner was a little Irma reunion. Jerk chicken, barbecued mahi, delicious spuds and salad and a few :cocktail:

Out on a boat today so lunch out. First world problems but I'd rather not after a full on day yesterday! For dinner there is chili in the freezer or we might have something with eggs - maybe a tortilla.
Rocky
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 15th, 2018, 12:44 pm

Thanks Rocky, pretty much back to normal. Been unpacking like a blue 'beeped' fly all day so might have an early dinner of wholemeal toast with Marmite, baked beans and grated Cheddar. Yep, appetite's back! :bounce:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » April 15th, 2018, 1:44 pm

I am back on SW. Having swum and walked the dogs I wasn't back home until nearly 10.

Brunch was a 3 egg ham and mushroom omelette with grilled tomatoes.
Evening meal is Foodycat's chicken "nuggets" (slightly adapted for the diet), Slimming World chips and rocket salad.
Dessert will be fruit plus 0% Greek yogurt.
Red wine may feature as Syns.

https://foodycat.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10 ... highs.html
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » April 15th, 2018, 2:47 pm

That sounds wonderful karadekoolaid - if not slightly daunting!

Rocky - I so agree that boat trips and lunch are not always good companions (memories of a trip out on the Great Barrier Reef - thankfully I knew myself well enough to refuse lunch and I was fine but the people who had been the most unwell on the way out to the reef ate the most at lunch with predictable consequences on the way back. What were they thinking?!!)

Countdown to Australia on Wednesday now, I have just cleared the fridge of veg and intend making a large sausage and veg pie (ready made pastry & sausages were lurking in the freezer) and gradually eating it for the next 3 days. There is nothing else perishable left apart from a bit of fruit and I don't intend going shopping (I will be out for a light lunch on Tuesday though).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 15th, 2018, 4:21 pm

Poached egg on toast for brekkie.

Chx. bacon and m'room pie, baked tato, cauli, mean rat, and green beans and carrot for a late lunch/dinner

Supper will be a jalapeño pizza.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 15th, 2018, 6:04 pm

Popcorn mid morning at Disney on Ice yesterday. Lovely al fresco late lunch in a beautiful pub beer garden of sea bass with potatoes, samphire, capers, lemon. We had some stilton sat in the garden in the evening.

Smoothies and Mexican eggs for breakfast with hot sauce. For anyone who likes the stuff...Fortnum and Masons ‘hot sauce’ is a cracker :shock: Bit too hot for 8.30am on a Sunday morning actually! :D Brie and cranberry paninis and salad at a farm cafe for lunch.

Dinner was a platter of squid and prawns with a big mixed salad, lemon wedges and homemade tartare sauce.

I am so excited for the nice weather this coming week! 8-)
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 15th, 2018, 9:29 pm

Friday evening, went out to eat (most unusual) and had 4 cheese Pizza at a rogue defector of Pizza Express followed by chocolate fudge cake (later was disappointing, especially as it came with ice cream.)
Saturday: crappy fried sharing things in Slug and Lettuce (Slug and Lettuce seems very Wetherspoonsish these days. It's years since I've been to one.)
dinner: a slice of pre-theatre pizza at the Barbican.
today: most of a lemon curd M&S Whitby bun (not much lemon curd at all!), post-exhibition (Charles I) lunch at Brasserie Zedel - my first time there. I had oeufs dur mayonnaise, crêpes aux épinards et ricotta and café gourmand. The desserts were really very good.
No dinner after that lot!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 15th, 2018, 11:32 pm

Well done on the run Rocky!

Herbi, the only way to eat choc fudge cake, for me anyway, is hot with vanilla ice cream :drool:

Yesterday, I made bacon and egg butties for me and mum on stodgy white bread :terrified:
Had about half a bag of mini eggs. A fibre one bar with a brew at my dad's. A mugshot late afternoon.
Then 'healthy' takeaway... chicken burger and loaded fries. Which, when 'healthed up' looks like spiced, griddled chicken breast and halloumi and salad on a wholewheat, no this, no that, Dr someone's bun and sweet potato fries topped with pulled bbq chicken, grated halloumi and spring onions with a satay dip. Sounds bonkers but actually very nice if not ridiculous amounts of food.

Today, brunch of soft boiled eggs, veggie sausage and beans.
Went to a baby shower where there were nice afternoon tea picnic bench things at each table.
Then went to the pub across the road to meet OH, boy, dad, his Mrs, sister and bro in law for tea. Roast Sunday lunch... i think I panic order in a pub :lol: :rolleyes:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 16th, 2018, 9:53 am

Call me weird, but I am not keen on ice cream, Em. Maybe it's because my early exposure to it was cheap stuff with animal fat in it in the 70s, but I think the temperature of it is very off-putting too. The cake wasn't very hot. If it had been, the ice cream would at least have melted into something resembling cream. Since this place went off Pizza Express piste (became independent), the pizzas have remained just as good, but alas, the near-legendary chocolate fudge cake seems to have taken a dive. Yet, I keep asking for it in the vain hope it will return to it's former glory days of moist deliciousness (with single cream.)

I am going out to dinner tonight. Indian has been proposed - my friend is organizing it.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 16th, 2018, 12:21 pm

I'm not a huge ice cream fan either Herbie - unless it comes from Scaramooch, the amazing artisan place a few kms away. My chef friend no longer makes his own but buys it in. As he says, if someone does it better then go for it.

Lunch today was watercress soup with freshly made cheese scones.

Supper is to be a sausage casserole with some spinach and, as I have so many eggs I will make the Far I was going to make last week and never got round to doing. Great stuff Far, it as just as good at breakfast time as a dessert.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 16th, 2018, 2:14 pm

Very early slice of sourdough with a smattering of butter and a cup o T (before tooth removal)

When I woke up !!!!! Cup o soup made with HM stock and a bit more sourdough a slice of melon

Supper will be a ding dinner (no cooking allowed) of lamb and some veg and maybe a mince pie for afters.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 16th, 2018, 2:58 pm

Forgotten all about what I ate late last week
Yesterday I had a brunch of bacon, black pudding and tomato with a piece of toast
Nibbled an apple
Made a Thai green curry with leftover roast pork , green aubergines (green variety not unripe) and peppers and lots of herbs, served with jasmine rice
I think I might prefer green curry to red on the whole

Today brunch bacon egg and tomato
Apple for snack
Repeat of the curry and rice will be early supper
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 16th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Cereal first thing and some fruit after swimming.

Out for lunch today for my dads birthday. I had the spiced crab tian and then a Thai red curried chicken kebab on jasmine rice. I couldn’t face dessert but opted for a calypso coffee instead.

Dinner was a few olives, some stilton crackers and a few salad leaves, and then a couple of strawberries and a piece of peanut butter chocolate.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 16th, 2018, 11:01 pm

I don't like ice cream either....

Earthmaiden, how had it passed me by you are off to Oz?!

Yesterday was actually lovely. I have a new best friend in a 5 year old! She and I shared a burger and some fish tacos for lunch. Dinner was chili. Lunch today was a smoked salmon salad. Dinner is about to be an odds and ends fried rice....
Rocky
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 17th, 2018, 12:13 am

Come to think of it, I dont really like ice cream either. I think only when its melting over hot choc fudge cake :lol: we have a great local bakery/catering place which makes the best and a lot of local restaurants use them so when I see it on a menu I'm always tempted to see if it's theirs.

Today, I had a sausage and egg butty for breakfast
Lunch was provided at work... A selection of salads, etc which was nice.
Tea was a mozzarella burger and sweet potato wedges.
Have refrained from the bag of chocolate buttons calling from the cupboard!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 17th, 2018, 7:00 am

Interesting about the ice cream Im not keen on most cakes and puds, but I love ice cream
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » April 17th, 2018, 7:24 am

I like ice cream, cake and puds .. there's no hope :lol: .

Literally all I ate yesterday was vegetable pie - for each meal. I was rather tired of it by the end of the day but it used up everything in the fridge. I have frozen the remaining cooked veg. I'm out to (light) lunch today and will pick up a ready meal for later.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 17th, 2018, 10:22 am

OH is the most disciplined eater (by nature not trying) I have ever met. No matter how delicious something is, his fork goes down as soon as he feels full. EXCEPT with ice cream where if he opens a tub he can't stop until it's gone!

Avocado salad for lunch today. This evening we are going to the local barbecue place so it will be jerk something!
Rocky
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » April 17th, 2018, 2:33 pm

I could probably live on ice-cream....if it weren´t so darned expensive over here :scared:
Not a huge fan of cakes, puddings, etc. Probably because that´s what I lived on for the first 15 years of my life!
Yesterday´s lunch was a little more frugal. I had some veggie hamburgers in the freezer - probably been there since the Ice Age :oops: - so I decided to use them up. Then some YMCA potatoes which were tarted up with a bit of cream, herbs and cheese. Then I had some (a) mustard greens and (b) beetroot leaves in the fridge; I´d used them for Saturday´s spectacle, so I stir-fried with ginger, onion and fresh green chiles. Yum!!
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 17th, 2018, 6:28 pm

I've been good today ! Decided to introduce my system to Psyllium so stirred 2 T spoons into some mango fruit juice and water around 10ish. left it 45 mins and then ate 2 slices of honeydew melon and also sipped at most of a pint of water until 12.45 when I had a wheat thin with celery and salad cheese and a bit of HM mayo. Washed down with some HM stock and cauli stalks cut into match sticks with a bit of seasoning. It was cold so I needed warming up !

Supper is a treat of chx, bacon and shroom pie a small rice stuffed pepper and some healthy stir fried veg.

I'm giving myself a house point for not being naughty at all today. :D
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby liketocook » April 17th, 2018, 6:46 pm

Zosh - my Dad was told to avoid melons & mangoes (& bananas) as well as fruit juices generally when he was diagnosed with type 2. If he was having them they were to be eaten as part of a meal rather than by themselves.
liketocook
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 17th, 2018, 8:33 pm

OOoooo err, had not heard that and I did do a lot of research.... will ask the nurse on Friday.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby liketocook » April 17th, 2018, 9:13 pm

Zosherooney wrote:OOoooo err, had not heard that and I did do a lot of research.... will ask the nurse on Friday.

Hopefully you can get good advice/support as thinking changes all the time. :) I think the fruit cautions are because some are very high GI so hit your system fast and can cause sugar spikes.
liketocook
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 18th, 2018, 10:04 am

Had a lovely and simple dinner last night of grilled lamb kebabs, savoury vegetable rice, griddled baby courgettes, a tomato and red onion salad and minted yoghurt.

Lunch will probably be flaked salmon and prawns, either in a salad or a fritatta. I had friends round yesterday afternoon and one bought a chocolate cake so I might have some of that to finish it off.

Dinner will be pork fillet in a crushed fennel seed/chilli flake/peppercorn/garlic seasoning etc rub which will either be grilled or bbq'd. Plus some grilled corn, new potatoes, more of the griddled baby courgettes and maybe some salad bits and pieces. I might make some lime and basil mayo if I have time later too.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 18th, 2018, 2:01 pm

We had an excellent evening with friends. He is another who has to be very careful of what he eats and his wife is really being creative trying to make his food interesting.

Starter was a lovely HM gazpacho. Man course wwes milk which he can eat and goatas chicken breast poached with lemon juice and masses of chopped fresh herbs. She served it with Vichy carrots and steam new potatoes with more herbs and some butter for those of us who are allowed.
Cheese which included ewes milk ones which he can eat.
Dessert was a delicious honey cake with a fresh ornage salad flavoured with orange flower water.
We had our usual croissants and coffee this morning and an egg and watercress roll for lunch.
I'm just off to put some lamb chops and potatoes to cook slowly in the oven and we'll have those with fresh peas and broad beans, We'll fiinish the Far I made on Monday.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 18th, 2018, 5:27 pm

A better day for me today.

Breakfast - muesli and cranberry juice.
Lunch - I was going to have beans on toast but had leftover garlic bread in the fridge so dipped that in my beans instead.
Dinner - I am craving veggies, so am just cooking new potatoes with carrots, green beans and sweetcorn to be eaten with tinned salmon and all mixed with mayonnaise. Dessert will be a lemon Greek yoghurt.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 19th, 2018, 9:21 am

Ratatouille wrote:Dessert was a delicious honey cake with a fresh ornage salad flavoured with orange flower water.

That sounds wonderful.

This morning I had yoghurt, a sprinkling of granola, some mixed berries and a drizzle of honey.

Lunch will be prawns and smoked salmon in marie rose sauce with rocket, watercress and a couple of seeded crackers.

I might cook bbq'd tandoori chicken for dinner tonight if I get home early enough to marinade the meat for a few hours first. If so it'll be served with some rice and possibly a Gujurati spring greens recipe I've had my eye on.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 19th, 2018, 2:11 pm

We had friends for lunch today. See Chaterbox!

Starter was Eggs Connaught (blast from the past)
Main ; Chicken , asparagus and local ham roulade with chive cream, extra asparagus and new potatoes
Cheese - Munster, Morbier and Bresse bleu
Dessert Mary Berry's lemon and ginger cheese cake with fresh raspberries and blueberries.
This was a huge huge hit - there is none left!

We may have some supper but i kind of doubt it :lol: :lol:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 19th, 2018, 5:00 pm

Breakfast - muesli with a small banana and orange juice.

Lunch - a little leftover curried mayonnaise salmon in a piece of white baguette.

Dinner - oven roasted sliced new potatoes with onions, a Linda McCartney veggie burger with mozzarella filling and more baguette than I could eat! The burger was big enough! Eaten with ketchup, sweet chilli sauce and English mustard.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby miss mouse » April 19th, 2018, 6:22 pm

Ratatouille wrote:We had friends for lunch today.

Eating people is wrong. I am shocked.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 20th, 2018, 6:47 am

TeresaFoodie wrote:Linda McCartney veggie burger with mozzarella

My OH is obsessed with these. They are good I think but when you have a freezer with an 8 box buffer of them, it gets a bit much ;)

We've been in Cardiff a couple of days...
We had a breakfast stand before we set off on Wednesday at one of our fave places. I was brilliant... fruit, ham, cheese, granola, yoghurt, croissant, flapjack, smoothie, fritatta AND a bacon, sausage and egg barm.

We obviously didn't have lunch!

Tea in card off bay was a lovely South indian Hyderabadi chicken curry dish after some interesting veggie starters.

Yesterday, I had veggie breakfast at a lovely place outside in the sunshine. Sourdough toast... 1 with tomato hummus, 1 with avocado, both topped with pesto roasted tomatoes, poached eggs and chilli
Late lunch of small bits at an Indian street food cafe... masala dosa, samosa chaat, batata vada all shared and OH also had a chicken wrap.
Late, late tea at wahaca. I had tortilla and guacamole, pork tacos, cabbage and kohlrabi slaw.

Brekkie this morning in the hotel before trudging back.

I have an awards night tonight and don't think I'll fit in my dress :oops:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby icelesley » April 20th, 2018, 6:53 am

Breakfast: bite size shredded wheat
Lunch: ham sandwich thin
Dinner: BBQ mix of meats with salad followed by strawberries and cream
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 20th, 2018, 10:01 am

I love the sound of the sourdough toast breakfast. And the lemon ginger cheesecake :chops:

Sadly on Tuesday we didn't have dinner at the barbecue place as OH had to work so I had a Jamaican patty from the freezer instead :(

Wednesday was roti for lunch and gypsy eggs for dinner. Haven't had that meal in years. V nice. Yesterday I was interviewing people all day so only managed about two bites of my rocket and avocado salad. Dinner was with friends and was a lovely piece of mahi with rice n peas and veg.

OH is at a conference this weekend so I will do some random eating no doubt. Going to try to find a nice bit of fish to form the basis of whatever I have tonight.
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 20th, 2018, 11:17 am

Breakfast was a mushroom, chorizo and basil omelette with a little bit of hot sauce. I let Lilia make the smoothies this morning using her plastic knife to chop the fruit she wanted. It was very nice, whatever it had in it!

Lunch is going to be greek salad and a packet of baked pea snacks which were being given out for free in the train station.

I think we might get the garden paella stand out tonight and the paella will use up what we've got in...a couple of chicken thighs, diced chorizo, prawns, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms etc. I might try to pick up some mussles from the fishmongers if I do a poets later and get there before they close.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 20th, 2018, 7:04 pm

I have been working all my waking hours since Tuesday apart from preparing scrambled egg (still eating those amazing French neighbours' ones) or bread and butter, or scooping trifle into a bowl. I have not lost weight...
I had a banana, a small pot of porridge for breakfast and an 'American cheese cake flavoured kitkat' (?!) this morning. (v hungry dinner, having finally left the house for a photography class was just a small sandwich in Costa)
Missed lunch. Too busy to leave my desk.
Dinner was delicious, totally inauthentic pizza with sweetcorn, Quorn bacon, chipotle paste, some French tomato sauce, lots of herbs, lots of cheese (mozarella and Emmental) smoked paprika and a spray of liquid smoke. I followed this with pink flavoured Angel Delight :) Or was it instant Whip? It was Instant Whip-like in texture. It was nostalgic artificial deliciousness, whatever it was!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 21st, 2018, 12:55 pm

We ended up meeting a group of friends in a pub beer garden after work last night so the paella didn’t happen. Playing hide and seek in the pubs maze in the garden was great fun for all the children (and big children) :D Various snacky things ordered...halloumi ‘chips’, olives, breads and dips, sticky sausages with red onion jam, pistachios etc.

We decided to make the paella for brunch this morning and had it topped with poached eggs. A bit weird but it tasted delicious!

We have friends coming round later this evening and I think I’m just going to do a few anti pasti platters and some salads and possibly some arancini. They’ll have eaten earlier anyway so it’s just to go with cocktails and wine.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 21st, 2018, 1:23 pm

Yesterday we were meant to be doing useful things but with a poorly pussycat to see to thngs got a bit out of kilter.
Yogurt with berries for himself.
Lunch was the reamining roulade sliced and serve with a lambs lettuce salad and a potato celery and apple mix with a bit of myo.
Supper was mac n'cheese maison with extra baked cherry tomatoes followed by mixed berries.

Today it was the usual Saturday peanut butter and toast.
Lunch was HM asparagus soup with a cheese scone from the freezer
Tonight is to be veal Valentino. Escallops with morel mushrooms and asparagus in a white wine sauce. Courgette and potato pancakes,
Tarte au citron for pud
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Catherine » April 21st, 2018, 1:56 pm

Ratatouille wrote:Tonight is to be veal Valentino. Escallops with morel mushrooms and asparagus in a white wine sauce. Courgette and potato pancakes

That sounds delicious
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 21st, 2018, 3:57 pm

I missed breakfast because halfway through the night I woke up hungry and ate the knobby end off my fresh baguette. :oops:

Lunch was the rest of the knobby end with mushroom pate, aubergine pickle and cucumber followed by lemon Greek yoghurt, my last one, must get some more of those! :chops:

I'll have dinner after the footy on BBC1. For the footy I have treated myself to a bottle of dry cider and have some ice cubes on the go. I managed to resist buying crisps or nuts to go with the cider. :tu: Dinner will be toasted crumpets with scrambled egg, mushrooms and baked beans. A proper girlie Saturday night in with the footy! Haven't done this for a while! :bounce:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » April 21st, 2018, 6:09 pm

miss mouse wrote:
Ratatouille wrote:We had friends for lunch today.

Eating people is wrong. I am shocked.

You beat me to it mm .... I was going to say that I love children, but couldn't eat a whole one ;) :O :D :hungry:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop