good morning +

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: good morning +

Postby PatsyMFagan » April 14th, 2017, 11:46 am

Hooray, we now have lines of communication :bounce: :tu: ... at least I have done an hour in the garden while I waited for someone to pay the leckie bill ;) ... It is quite dull here this morning but dry, so I had no excuse .. have dug a hole ready for relocation of a poorly camellia that has never flowered.. and turned a bit more earth over which got the blackbirds and robin all excited ;) :lol:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » April 14th, 2017, 11:50 am

Good afternoon everyone ... in the absence of the opportunity to noodle with you lot I've had a very productive morning. As I'll be driving to MIL's tomorrow evening I'm going to have a lazy afternoon today ... I shall get on with my new knitting project :D

I may make some hot cross buns tomorrow morning to take to MIL's.

Have a peaceful day folks :D
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » April 16th, 2017, 10:38 am

good morning, all.
the sun is shining so i'll put on a load of washing ready to go out on the line when we get back from lunch.
as it's the last reggae roots roast of the year, at the eco park, we're taking advantage of it.
we seem to have eaten out rather a lot over the past few days - well, thursday, friday and then again today - i'm not complaining.
coffee's here, all's right with the (my) world.
have a glorious day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 16th, 2017, 10:51 am

Good morning
Having a pottering day
Just unpacked a load of LED bulbs to fit them, and discovered I have ordered E27 not E14 fir the living room. Still, the rest look goid
Enjoy the reggae roast
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 16th, 2017, 10:59 am

I have not had a hot cross bun all year !!! But we have had a fridge full of s'market food which Mr. Z acquired a few days ago so we have been eating very well. In the haul was a savoury and salt brined chicken, which we had not seen before, it is very tasty and moist.

Nice day today, just about to hang out some hand washing, dish washer needs emptying, my brave little soldier seems to be lacking in energy after lugging logs and has flopped on the bed. :rolleyes:

There has not been much on TV this Easter, we have been doing catchup on recorded stuff.

Watership Down is on later, better get the tissues ready :cry: :cry: :cry:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby scullion » April 16th, 2017, 2:38 pm

we haven't had hot cross buns since christmas, i think - or was it back in february? not at easter, anyway.
scullion
Registered

Postby Seatallan » April 16th, 2017, 3:32 pm

scullion wrote:we haven't had hot cross buns since christmas

Zosherooney wrote:Watership Down is on later, better get the tissues ready

There's a joke in there somewhere! :D
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 16th, 2017, 10:50 pm

Sea... :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby scullion » April 17th, 2017, 7:52 am

Good morning, all.
There's weather out there but as I'm still in bed and the blind is shut I can only see that it's light.
Nothing planned for today. We need some shopping but as nowhere (other than the rather more expensive and 'only for essentials' village shop) will be open we'll have to wait for tomorrow for some fruit etc.
A coffee would go down well but my partner's still asleep.
Have a grand day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » April 17th, 2017, 8:15 am

Good morning ..a dull one here today. It will be a very quiet day for me today AS I AM STILL ALMOST TOTALLY DEAF. I am getting very cross with this as it has now been nearly 4 weeks. Antibiotics finished yesterday, but Dr said to continue with the steroid nasal spray.. :(
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Rainbow » April 17th, 2017, 8:27 am

Good morning - well, evening here really! Sorry to hear the ear problem continues, Patsy. Are you seeing the Dr again soon?
We've had lovely weather all over Easter - sunny and about 22ºC :D Supposed to be warmer for the next few days, but the nights are quite cold - down to about 12ºC :o but it is autumn, I suppose!
Rainbow
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » April 17th, 2017, 8:40 am

I will go back to the Dr in a week or so .. I think I have to see if the antibiotics work first. Reading up on Eustachian Ear Dysfunction, I am apparently, meant to try to 'pop' my ears by holding my nose and gently blowing, as you do in a plane, however, that has never worked for me (ever) :( I keep trying and I can certainly feel my ear-drum moving slightly in my left ear. However, just tried my hearing aids again - can get nothing out of the left one. :( :?

Sounds like our weather is pretty much the same at the moment Rainbow ;) It's brightening up a bit here. :bounce:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 17th, 2017, 9:08 am

but the nights are quite cold - down to about 12ºC :o but it is autumn, I suppose!

You are lucky ! 12 is our daytime temps !!!!!!

Sorry to hear you are still DEAF Patsy........ WE WILL JUST HAVE TO SHOUT !!!!!
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 17th, 2017, 10:38 am

Good morning
Pat :hug: I have a minor defect in my Eustachian tubes and have to pop them a lot when flying. Holding my nose and blowing does nothing for me but holding my nose and swallowing does the trick, I do take a small amount of water usually but it can be done without it
Yet another bright but overcast day today, we had a tiny spatter of rain in the night just enough to mark my clean windows
Backgammon tonight, really must get some decluttering and laundry done first.
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » April 17th, 2017, 10:40 am

StokeySue wrote: have a minor defect in my Eustachian tubes and have to pop them a lot when flying. Holding my nose and blowing does nothing for me but holding my nose and swallowing does the trick, I do take a small amount of water usually but it can be done without it

Oooh, I'll give that a go - thanks Sue :tu:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby scullion » April 18th, 2017, 9:31 am

good morning, all.
sunshine at the moment.
we were woken up by the kerry sets being partaken of by the jackdaws on the roof. they still haven't realised that the chimney is off limit. why can't we be woken up by nightingales‽‽‽
i need to head out to do some shopping in a little while - there has been no fruit in the house for a couple of days, milk has run out and i think we're half way through the last pack of coffee.
i am aiming to have another go at dosa, tonight. the dosa mix was made up yesterday so hopefully it'll be fermented enough by dinner time.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 18th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Good afternoon
Went out to U3A coffee meeting, interesting talk about HOST, an organisation that gives overseas students a bit of experience of British life. The Vietnamese student who spoke to us was stunned to discover toast and jam :D

It's a lovely sunny day but with a cool wind
Will continue the tidy up when I've digested the election news
Good luck with the dosa Scullion!
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » April 19th, 2017, 7:31 am

Good morning all :D
It's good to visit friends and family but it's very good to be back home. :D
Today I'll have to find some food for supper, play tennis and prick out tomatoes, probably but not necessarily in that order.
Have a good day folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 19th, 2017, 8:13 am

Good morning
Wall to wall sunshine again here, but I think it's darn chilly out there.
Not sure what to do, I did my back shifting several times my own weight in books on Monday, thought I'd been really careful and done it in small sections. Only muscles so won't take too long to clear up I hope.
I suppose a gentle swim might be an idea.
I've an idea that doing your back by flinging yourself into early retirement activity is pretty much a rite of passage :lol:
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » April 19th, 2017, 8:39 am

good morning, all.
sunshine here, too. the beeb forecast changed late last night from being sunny for the foreseeable future to being sunny/cloudy and rainy/cloudy for the next week or so. the breeze will be coming from a different direction, every day, for the next seven days, too.
i think, that now the beeb has stopped using the met office for the weather forecast, they have started using a wheel of fortune instead.
hope your back feels better soon, sue. my partner has been in the same state for a couple of days, although he says he may just be guarding now.
my partner threw himself into another master's when he retired (even earlier than you).
i potted on tomatoes for a second time on sunday, they'll soon be big enough to plant in permanent positions both in and out.
off up to the village in a couple of hours.
have a good day, everyone
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » April 20th, 2017, 8:17 am

good morning, all.
sunny and blue at the moment.
our son has joined the world of adults and picked up the keys to their 'new' house, the purchase of which was completed yesterday. the mortgage is going to be a third of the rent he's paying at the moment.
maybe we'll be able to reunite with him, soon, the stuff of his that still resides here.
we are already being groomed for a cleaning/painting fest.
have a lovely day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 20th, 2017, 9:17 am

Good morning all
Bright but cloudy here and likely to stay that way
Back feels a lot better today though still have a couple of muscles that are sore, really must start doing more core strength exercise when it's done, still quite a few books to shift both discarding and relocating. Have managed to start putting stuff back into the big bookcase in the study / spare room which feels like a milestone
Will potter on today, if back not enjoying it I might clean all my brass a nd pewter as I can do that sitting at the table. Backgammon tonight.
Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 20th, 2017, 11:39 am

Did I miss something Sue, what have you done ???

Grey and very drizzley here. Just got back from town, busy there !!! Now I need to put it all away. The fluffs have got the right idea, a duvet day ! I might join them later, early start and this wretched bug and I'm flagging....
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby scullion » April 21st, 2017, 9:01 am

good morning, all.
another beautifully, sunny day with a slight breeze.
counting back, it seems we haven't had rain for a couple of weeks and we are now having to water stuff outside, at the community garden. having said that it'll probably downpour tomorrow (although i doubt it would be enough to do anything other than wet the surface).
we went to have a look at a cottage in a village (hamlet) just outside of perranporth, yesterday. a place with amazing potential which would probably need total gutting, back to the stone and cob before lime washing and putting the innards back in. good height ceilings for a cottage of its age - and a cloam oven, with its original door, in one of the chimneys - which also had a straight-up view of the sky.
it's advertised at 150k but it would need as much again, if not more, to bring it back to a habitable condition - but it will make a beautiful home once done. there was a lot of interests as of course the estate agents photos look better than reality (as they always do).
have a glorious day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » April 21st, 2017, 9:43 am

That's exactly the sort of project OH wants to take on :terrified:
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby cooksalot » April 21st, 2017, 10:53 am

Morning folks (just!). Had my hair done this morning and feel very pleased with it. I decided to stop colouring it last year when I became 60. It is now an interesting shade of salt and pepper au naturel - no regrets!
cooksalot
Registered

Postby scullion » April 21st, 2017, 11:29 am

Meganthemog wrote:That's exactly the sort of project OH wants to take on :terrified:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 55054.html

there you go, it may not have anything else but it does have an openreach line. i wish i had the cash to do it up. it's also a cash purchase only due to the amount of work needed - not mundic or japanese knotweed (a problem further up the valley towards cocks) - according to the young man from the estate agent.
good sized garden, too.
scullion
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 22nd, 2017, 6:47 am

That's a helluva project Scull, in my younger years but not now...... looks lovely inside all that natural stone.

Cooksalot, join the silver surfers ! My natural colour is white ! I get accused of dying it that colour !!!!!

Sun is appearing in spite of the weather forecast.....
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby scullion » April 22nd, 2017, 8:25 am

good morning, all.
overcast but bright at the moment, no hint of rain.
yes, a bigger project than i could afford. i think someone had started it, stripped off all the plaster seen the condition of the woodwork etc and realised they couldn't afford to carry on, maybe if my premium bonds came up...

it's pretty cat's fourteenth birthday, today. she's made it to two years after her boob op, which the vet said was the usual amount of time they survive so as of tomorrow she's quids in. i bought her a pack of wet food pouches for her birthday.
off out now.
scullion
Registered

Postby Seatallan » April 22nd, 2017, 9:44 am

scullion wrote:it's pretty cat's fourteenth birthday, today.

:luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

It's our Boppet's birthday tomorrow! He'll be having tuna carpaccio for his tea (he likes it seared in the griddle pan, raw in the middle and cut on an angle... :rolleyes: ) and he has new micies and a catnip fish waiting for him.
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby cooksalot » April 22nd, 2017, 10:08 am

Zosherooney wrote:Cooksalot, join the silver surfers ! My natural colour is white ! I get accused of dying it that colour !!!!!

Wow, pure white hair is lovely! My Mum had beautiful silver white hair with some very dark bits at the nape of her neck. "Fraid I take after my father who was salt and pepper until the end.
cooksalot
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 22nd, 2017, 11:23 am

Love the cottage Scullion, slightly reminiscent of one I know in France
Zosh's hair does look great, my hair was an untidy looking pinstripe for a long time, so I coloured it, but now I have proper natural highlights so I too leave the colour alone

Current hair (not sure if you will be able to see this scully, as it's Instagram)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BS1Zt5igzqt/?taken-at=252284001

Have a good day, looking for lower back friendly things to do here, might just go for a gentle walk
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » April 22nd, 2017, 4:13 pm

i have found a way to see it! if i highlight and copy/paste this section - https://www.instagram.com/p/BS1Zt5igzqt/ - of the link into a new tab it gets me there - but not if i click on that amended link in this post , how strange.
i am going naturally blonde, too, in a way that people keep asking me whether i've had it dyed.
i point out that i haven't been to a hairdresser since 1995 so i'm unlikely to pay someone to dye it!
i'm going white 'top down' - the further towards my neck the less white there is so it looks a bit like alternative highlights.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » April 23rd, 2017, 8:33 am

good morning, all.
sunshine flickering through the blind. it's predicted to be another lovely day. my partner has gone off to do the watering.
we had the potatoes, dug from the poly tunnel, last night. they were rather good - succulent and tasty. small ones will be saved from thursday's digging.
nothing planned for today other than maybe making seitan sausages and a long hot soak in the bath. showers aren't quite the same.
i finished watching a tv series 'the halcyon', recorded a while ago, last night and discovered that itv have dropped the four subsequent series planned to be filmed. this is such a shame. it had the same producer as 'downton' and was equally as polished. why they have decided to drop this and keep 'the good karma hospital' is a mystery to me. i can only think that they've done it on the price of the set/venue (which for 'the halcyon' was amazing when you realise it wasn't an actual hotel) rather than the merit of the programme.
oops, got distracted for an hour!
have a grand day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 23rd, 2017, 9:30 am

Good morning
See you defeated Instagram Scullion, it's an odd thing, there's protection to stop you isolating the photo, I've tried a couple of ways, usually easy on Android.
I did the big bathroom session yesterday, used nearly every unguent in the place
Grooming the cat who is moulting and just broke off to cheer David Weir over the finish line :bounce: :bounce:
Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » April 23rd, 2017, 9:36 am

scullion wrote:i finished watching a tv series 'the halcyon', recorded a while ago, last night and discovered that itv have dropped the four subsequent series planned to be filmed. this is such a shame. it had the same producer as 'downton' and was equally as polished. why they have decided to drop this and keep 'the good karma hospital' is a mystery to me. i can only think that they've done it on the price of the set/venue (which for 'the halcyon' was amazing when you realise it wasn't an actual hotel) rather than the merit of the programme

Yes I enjoyed The Halcyon too Scully and couldn't understand why no furthers series were going to be made .. and also I never quite ''got' The Good Karma Hospital.. it just never rang true to me. Amanda Redman's character especially. :(

I have today to myself .. I look forward to these days, because although I live alone, somehow, I get quite involved with things during the week. Today I plan to test my recently sharpened shears on my box hedging/balls, some overgrown ivy too, interspersed with coffee (soon) and regular tea later.
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby scullion » April 24th, 2017, 9:17 am

good morning, all.
bright with sun peeping through the mainly cloudy sky. a little rain is predicted for later - a necessity as we haven't had rain for over two weeks (three according to my partner, who's on watering duty at the moment).
nothing planned for today but a bit of hswk is being contemplated - or rather the avoidance of it is being contemplated.
the seitan sausages were made (and some eaten) yesterday. my partner said he hadn't realised how much he'd missed them. i haven't made them for a while as my usual source of the yeast flakes had closed down a while back and i had been a bit lax on going elsewhere.
when i started the dry mix i realised that i didn't have any gram flour - an unusual occurrence - so i substituted rice flour to no real discernible difference.
in our house they are given the rather unfortunate name of t..d sausages due to the way i seal the mix in long, homemade, 'boil in the bag' strips to steam them. the twists between the sausages is what gives them the title - that and the colour.
we had homemade horseradish sauce to go with them (plus some of the jersey royals and home and community garden purple sprouting).
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » April 24th, 2017, 9:46 am

Overcast here, with occasional spots of rain but not enough to do any good. It seems that we're going to have to endure the sound of pneumatic drills shortly; Men at Work signs have been put on the pavement outside our house ........... they drew lines on the pavement shortly after we moved here in 2011 :?

On a different but related theme, according to Npower we use 20% less gas and leccie than other similar households in similar houses. Not sure how we manage that but we are very pleased with ourselves. :tutu: It can't just be down to the windup solar powered radio can it? ;)

I must clean the bathroom. I must clean the bathroom. I must clean the bathroom. I must ........................... :rolleyes:

― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 24th, 2017, 10:10 am

Good morning
Overcast here too
Back on the decluttering and tidying up , treating my back gently
Progress was made yesterday, I have a whole shelf empty in the linen cupboard :D
The living room is a green sea of bags
It's astonishing how dirty bookcases are when you take a wet cloth to them, most of it seems to be soot, presumably diesel :shock: rather worrying
Need to go to the shop and then get onto Freecycle too
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cooksalot » April 25th, 2017, 6:31 am

Morning All! We have had visitors for the past couple of days. They are back off to Canada today so I think I will be mostly changing beds and washing duvet covers today! Amazing how exhausting sitting around and chatting can be... :lol:
cooksalot
Registered

Postby scullion » April 25th, 2017, 7:13 am

good morning, all.
sun with blue sky. yesterday's forecast promised us rain for a large part of the day. they've changed their minds.
meeting a friend in the café at morrisons, in pool, this morning. i will be opening up the poly tunnel on the way there and may well leave the watering system on while i'm drinking coffee. i'll also pick some salad on the way back.
have a good day, everyone
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 25th, 2017, 7:56 am

Good morning
Brilliant sunshine, hot through glass here
Carol-on-the-BBC keeps warning us that the sun will pass and cold rain take over, there are signs of signs of drought in Hertfordshire, the Colne is dry :(
Must do some laundry
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » April 25th, 2017, 10:14 am

We've had several snow showers and quite a few sunny spells - I just walked back from the village and was quite warm and had
to undo my coat zip and loosen my light scarf so it can't be that cold.
Now I need to make some pastry for that S&K pie OH has been lusting after ....
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 26th, 2017, 5:30 am

My back lawn is sporting quite a significant frost this morning ! It's too early to tell if the fruit tree blossom has suffered. My tommy and cuc. plants have been huddling on the fireplace as it is still warm from last night.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » April 26th, 2017, 8:21 am

Have abandoned the idea of tennis this morning ... I daren't start the car in case I get stranded again ... it's booked in at a specialist garage tomorrow ... if I can get it there ... as it's outside the city and not on a bus route I'm taking a couple of books to read and will wait until it's fixed .......... I may be gone some time ........... :rolleyes:
I could walk to tennis, but we're getting some heavy showers and I don't want to get drenched ............ and I've had an increasing urge to make some Chelsea buns ... today may be the day .............
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » April 26th, 2017, 8:49 am

good morning, all.
sunny.
we had a bit of rain last night (hooray) so my partner needs only to water inside this morning.
nothing on the cards today other than one of us has to be here to receive a parcel for our son - it seems they've tried to deliver it a couple of times to him to no avail - my partner went there, early yesterday, to wait but they'd already been (which is why he usually gets stuff delivered here).
have a grand day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 26th, 2017, 8:59 am

Good morning
The rain seems to have passed us by so far, but there's a block of clouds suggest something might happen, though the forecast is only 23% for rain
It was forecast for last night and today but I've a nasty feeling it might happen tomorrow while I'm on my first walk with the walking group
Better get on
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cooksalot » April 26th, 2017, 10:45 am

Morning all! Freezing cold here-feels like winter is back with a vengeance.....Have a good day and wrap up warm!
cooksalot
Registered

Postby scullion » April 27th, 2017, 8:37 am

good morning, all.
sunny/cloudy with less than 5% chance of rain.
a fault has been uncovered in our son's new house - it may be expensive. there is a feeling of doom and gloom hanging around. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't as bad as my partner is imagining - he's not renowned for his optimism.
a bit of hswk is needed today - none has been done for a while.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 28th, 2017, 8:13 am

Grey so far here
Was so tired after yesterday's walk I was a bit worried about my fitness, but muscles happy this morning, in fact aching back much better. Think it was just being out all day that tired me.
Quite a bit of local walking to do today, including twice up the hill so keeping it up
Scullion, hope the structural issues turn out to be resolvable, and not too expensive
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop