good morning +

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: good morning +

Postby scullion » February 12th, 2018, 10:00 am

good morning, all.
sunny. it may be a little chilly out there - the beeb says it's about 5°c - but i haven't been out.
the daffodils are beginning to come out in force. we have had the small flowered, creamy and deliciously fragrant narcissi out for the last month or more but i noticed more of the escapees at the sides of the roads and a field blooming, on the way to the meeting, yesterday. spring is on its way.
we went for a brief walk on the beach when i got back, yesterday. a couple of days sat around in the warmth made us feel like the need for some fresh air and a cold, onshore breeze. four or five lengths was enough to blow the cobwebs away before heading back for a mug of hot, chilli chocolate.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 12th, 2018, 10:18 am

Good morning
Definitely sunny and cold here, will change plans and walk along the river as it's going to be wet for most of the week, allegedly.
Although I had a walk yesterday I'm one of the youngest and nippiest of that group so it didn't stretch me
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » February 13th, 2018, 12:45 pm

good morning, all.
overcast and chilly. the beeb promises us no rain this afternoon.
we detoured into the blue bar for a hot chocolate before we got onto the beach . they would have stopped serving if we'd waited till we'd finished walking. it was much warmer - the wind had swung round to (from) the west, thank goodness. we only did about 4k but it's better than nothing.
i need to go and do some shopping sometime - maybe i'll leave it until tomorrow - it's not that urgent.

that should be good afternoon now - i got sidetracked.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 13th, 2018, 12:52 pm

Good afternoon
Git sidetracked by the Winter Olympics
Must go into the kitchen and cook stuff
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 13th, 2018, 2:19 pm

Cold windy and wet here. Glad I am inside.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » February 13th, 2018, 2:53 pm

blue sky and sunny now
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 13th, 2018, 2:56 pm

Good afternoon all :D

The Winter Olympics are 'very sidetracking' :rolleyes: :lol:

Glad you're walking that sort of distance Scully ... my knees aren't up to that yet .... building up slowly .... it's the slopes that are such a bu$$er ... you wouldn't think we'd have that sort of problem in Norfolk ... dratted terminal moraine :rolleyes:

We had soup then pancakes for lunch and will have savoury pancakes for supper. They're all made and I'll just have to fill them, fold them, sprinkle with grated cheese and warm through ........ open a tin of sweetcorn et voila! :hungry:

Now for more of those brave people hurling themselves around on ice .......

Enjoy yourselves folks! :D
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 13th, 2018, 3:08 pm

I'm off to bed. Wanted to hours ago but I've been waiting for my boss to phone me all day :( She's been busy.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 13th, 2018, 3:09 pm

Sleep tight Herbi :hug:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » February 13th, 2018, 3:28 pm

suffolk wrote:Glad you're walking that sort of distance Scully

the only effects left, really, are in my wrists and shoulder. i can't wait for those to go.
the original problem 'clicked' while in the sauna last year and has returned to the state it was in at the beginning of last year, before all the iatrogenic problems.
we measured that we were walking about 8km a day while in faro.

off for another walk now.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 13th, 2018, 3:34 pm

Enjoy :D :tu:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » February 14th, 2018, 7:53 am

Good morning, all.
It's blowing a hooley at the moment and showers are predicted for much of the day.
Off to the farm today - but maybe I'll phone before I set off just to make sure it's not another wasted journey!
Our walk, yesterday, was split in two. Realising the beach cafe would be closing we went for a coffee and warm up before returning to the chilly onshore wind to continue.
Have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 14th, 2018, 8:57 am

Good morning all :D
Dull damp and breezy here too ..... but as OH is in charge of supper :luv: there's not a lot I have to do other than play tennis, watch people sliding around on ice and pushing on with DD's cardi which is nearly finished .... the wool for the next project should arrive today or tomorrow ...
Have a good day folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 14th, 2018, 10:45 am

Good morning
Dry, cloudy, bright, so far but it's going to rain so I'll get out for a walk with birthday cards and veg to buy on the way
Otherwise just stuff to get on with
Have a goid day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 15th, 2018, 11:30 am

It's been very sunny here this morning. Clouding over a bit now. I've not needed the heating on, as the sitting room has been bathed in sunshine. Was thinking that my flu has saved me a lot of money in terms of food, but I am sure the savings have been more than eaten up increased fuel usage.

edit: I just put out the rubbish and recycling and was almost swept away by a wet blustery wind! I was going to go for a trail l walk today, but I think maybe not. Activity brought on coughing fit anyway.
Last edited by Herbidacious on February 15th, 2018, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 15th, 2018, 11:39 am

Herbidacious wrote:It's been very sunny here this morning. Clouding over a bit now.

Ditto
I overslept so jeed to get on, but might pop out while there is sun
Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 15th, 2018, 11:46 am

Brisk and bright is the best description of the day so far ........ washing almost spun ........ I was going to do some h*wk (just a little bit) today but OH has got stretchers and canvas and stuff all over the floor ...... I shall just get on with this cardi ...... on the home stretch now ..... timed well to coincide with the Winter Olympics :hi5:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » February 15th, 2018, 12:25 pm

good morning, all.
sunny-ish at the moment.
do i give something up for lent? maybe not - unless anyone can think of something that may be good for giving up - i have very few vices!
i have just had a delivery. kitchen and bathroom will now be devoid of slimy soap dishes and plastic pumps - i told you i wanted a couple of them!
a coffee is needed and a subtle signal has been sent.
i'm still waiting.
have a good afternoon, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 15th, 2018, 1:46 pm

The Sun came back. I went for a walk down the garden. Some signs of spring and a goldfinch, I think. Quite a few bees.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 15th, 2018, 4:06 pm

We had a sudden downpour, then the sun returned and I went for a walk in the cemetery park
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 15th, 2018, 9:44 pm

I so want to go out...!!

I don't think I am well enough to go to work tomorrow. I shall work from home though. I suppose I could pop down to Istanbul (shop) to test the waters.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » February 16th, 2018, 12:02 pm

good morning, all.
sunny.
i had a meeting to go to at half four yesterday afternoon. told my partner it would probably only last an hour. i was wrong. he texted at about seven to ask if i was ok. it finished (well, the person who had picked me up decided it was time for us to go) at a quarter to eight. jeeeez! it took hours for me to warm up after sitting in an unheated room. it didn't help that the powerpoint was visually boring, someone used the word pacific instead of specific and another said less when it should have been fewer - the last two did break the monotony for me though, nothing like a bit of irritation to refocus the attention.
a walk is definitely needed today.
as my favourite flavoured soap is no longer available from R&G i have decided to make my own. i sent off for the sodium hydroxide and perfume oils last night and will make some moulds to produce suitable 'bars' to fit yesterday's delivery (my partner was more impressed with the holders when they arrived than his mental picture from my description had allowed).
i have been listening to the story at the end of woman's hour. it was the last episode today. i shouted at the radio for its waffly and arcane conclusion - i'm sure it didn't tell what had really happened (or it was easily missed). my partner asked me who had done it, thinking that it was him not getting it either. i wish i hadn't bothered listening to it now.
i am becoming that grumpy old woman!
maybe i shouldn't have stayed up til an ungodly hour watching wobbly bottoms sliding on tea trays.
have a good day, everyone
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 16th, 2018, 12:45 pm

Good after morning all :D
The cupboards and fridges have been refilled.
The sun is shining.
Scully ... watch the Women's Snowboard Cross races today :shock: :bounce: The men's races were amazing.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 17th, 2018, 9:30 am

Gorgeous again here. It's the day of my play today :shock: A bit nervous and still not much voice.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 17th, 2018, 11:05 am

Good luck Herbi! I'm sure it will go well :hi5:

Slightly morning after the night before asI hosted book club last night, was good fun

Gloriously sunny again, so will go out for a walk before it clouds as promised

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 17th, 2018, 11:12 am

Herbi :tu: Enjoy :D

Blue skies and sunshine here and the birds have been singing very loudly ... and they're emptying the feeders at a rate of knots.
Watching the slipping and sliding today ... OH is chef so I have the day off ... he's even been shopping and brought me back some W'rose sushi for my lunch so I have no reason to go into the kitchen other than to make :mug: :luv:

Have a lovely day folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » February 18th, 2018, 1:19 pm

good whatever, all.
overcast and a bit drizzly - we may not go for a walk today.
we were up early (for us), yesterday, to get over to the seed swap. another successful one. i've come back with, probably, more things than i have space for but as there were lots of seeds left over i won't feel guilty. i'm hoping that the possible changes at 'garden organics' won't effect the supply of free heritage seeds that they send us.
it has just occurred to me that i may have given the seeds i saved from some of last year's crops to the swap without keeping some back - silly me! - i'll get some back next year if that is the case.
have a good afternoon, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 18th, 2018, 4:03 pm

It was nice earlier today. V tired after last night so didn't wake up until 9.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 19th, 2018, 8:01 am

Morning. A bit dull and damp here, but I rather like the light.

I just looked up and there is a squirrel sitting on the fence staring at me intently :)

Back to work today. Huge backlog and threat of the owner doing his rounds and interviewing every member of staff (or at least some departments. I wonder if he goes round accounts?) Not sure I am up to it. He has an ability to find your epistemic Achilles heal. If you are an expert about x he will find the one nugget of knowledge that you don't know about x. (He'll probably ask me about Heidegger or Derrida. Or ask a searching question on Kant (whom I should know something about but can remember little beyond the Categorical Imperative.)) He also talks more at you than with you. You are lucky if it's not a humiliating experience. If he's not interested in what you are doing, he is not interested in you and will move on swiftly. This is possibly even worse. I was hoping I'd still have a sufficiently bad voice to try and put it off until I ma feeling more intelligent but I think I have voice enough back, although it's all baritone vocal fry.

Ah well.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 19th, 2018, 9:13 am

Herbi, festoon yourself with tissues reeking of Olbas Oil ......... that'll cut short the time he wants to spend anywhere near you unless he's a masochist and wants to catch a a lurgy. ;)

It's very wet outside ... not pouring with rain, just that very fine misty rain that soaks everything ... my iphone says humidity is 93% ... looks more like 110% from here :rolleyes:

One more sleeve to set in DD's cardi then all I have to do is buy the buttons when I go into the city tomorrow and it's done. She has a job interview today ... a job with an agricultural company and she would love it ... fingers crossed everyone :tu:

― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 19th, 2018, 10:26 am

I used to cough on the train up to my parents' to try and keep a double seat to myself. (This works better on women than men, interestingly.) Now one is lucky to get any seat! It was/so far is ok. I was catastrophizing a little.

Good luck to your daughter, Suffolk!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » February 19th, 2018, 12:46 pm

good aftermorning, all.
overcast with little breeze.
i have a dentist apt this afternoon and will go and buy some fresh potting compost in the same trip. i have the feeling that my pine nut tree is not liking the old compost it was shoved in so i'll optimise the chances of the next ones i plant (plus i need a load of fresh for planting seeds anyway).
coffee is drunk, better get a shift on.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 19th, 2018, 12:51 pm

She feels that the interview went well ... liked the people and the job sounds right up her street, a mix of practical tasks plus some office stuff and lots of face to face and phone stuff with customers ... her to a 'T'. They seem to like the fact that she comes from a farming background and turned up in smart practical clothing rather than smart office suit type clothes. . She should hear next week. Fingers very crossed.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » February 20th, 2018, 10:12 am

good morning, all.
sunny with birdsong.
quick trip upcountry happening today - maybe i should start packing some stuff! i think we're aiming to leave by midday.
i'm probably going to be very close to sue for a bit, tomorrow. let me know if you'll be free for a coffee mid afternoon!
better scoot.
have a grand day, everyone
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 20th, 2018, 10:16 am

No sun here ... not a hint of it ... wet, soggy and still out there.
I've got a trip into the city at lunchtime and some salmon to cook for supper ... otherwise I have nothing planned.
Have a good trip Scully and a good day all :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 20th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Good morning
Decided I heeded to get some laundry started before I sat down with my second :mug: so feeling quite virtuous, I also changed the bed (hard to wash the sheets without) and sorted out the chaos in the bottom of the wardrobe.
Feeling virtuous, but more to do

Rained gently all day yesterday, not as forecast, brightening at last

Scully, yes tomorrow afternoon actually the best time this week for me, pm me or text me with details :wave:
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » February 21st, 2018, 8:33 am

good morning, all.
overcast in south oxfordshire with a bit of sun trying to peek through.
a thing to do early this afternoon followed by a short walk for a coffee and a natter at a nearby café.
the kettle has boiled but the excuse has been made that he doesn't know the kitchen - excuse rating = poor/cdb.
i suppose i had better do it even though i've known the kitchen for the same amount of time.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 21st, 2018, 10:25 am

Good morning
Fairly overcast here but not too cold
Will finish the tidying when I wake up fully
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 21st, 2018, 12:36 pm

It was bright first thing. I think Friday is going to be nice. Might be a camera at lunch time day for me if I have the energy!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » February 22nd, 2018, 10:05 am

good morning, all.
overcast and still.
heading home soon.
a very good outcome from yesterday's meeting followed by a good natter, coffee and cake in a tiny, interesting café (good call, sue).
it then took us nearly two hours just to escape the metropolis and get to the m25. i am surprised that the roads aren't littered with the corpses of cyclists and bikers in the way that the roadkill on more rural ones consists of foxes, pheasants and badgers etc.
i have been given the hint that we need to leave - but i would like a coffee.
have a lazy day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 22nd, 2018, 10:52 am

The day started off grey and miserable, but has brightened up a bit and the blackbirds are tucking into chopped apple and porridge oats on the lawn.
We were down to the heel of a stale loaf, so I've just made a couple of loaves of wholemeal soda bread to have with our lunch and while they were baking I made the tomatoey sauce to have with our meatballs and pasta for supper so am feeling very virtuous.
Have a good journey home Scully ... tomorrow we will be getting in supplies and battening down the hatches in readiness for the arrival of The Beast from the East this weekend ........... looks like you in the west may escape this one :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » February 23rd, 2018, 7:28 am

Good morning, all.
Bright and breezy with a bit of chill.
Off to see if I can join an organic gardening course that started a coup!e of weeks ago, this morning, down near porthleven. I'd better head into the shower - and put coffee on.
Have a cozy day everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 23rd, 2018, 8:31 am

Good luck Scully ... hope you get on the course :)
Some food shopping is planned, a trip to the garden centre for bird food and to see what supports are available for the clematis which was dislodged in the storm the other week. We've not been there since the farm shop closed ... it'll be interesting ...
It's almost the weekend ... have a good day folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 23rd, 2018, 10:09 am

Good morning
Was great to neet up with scully, dmshame about the journey though might be worth reviewing the route
Didn't post yesterday, went on a long walk with the walking group then met friends for drinks and Thai food.
Need to get on abit as my friend is coming later and we are going out for tapas to celebrate her birthday
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Previous

Return to The Coffee Shop