[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - good morning +

good morning +

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: good morning +

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 14th, 2020, 1:39 pm

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 14th, 2020, 1:44 pm

Sorry to hear things are a bit tough at the moment Pp ... that tour sounds like some grand ‘me’ time.

Be prepared for the recommended bra to fit ‘quite firmly’ around the rib cage to start with. It does ease but unless it’s a firm fit around, the bra will dig into your shoulders and cause back, neck and shoulder pain.
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 14th, 2020, 2:13 pm

I’ve heard that tour is good
I really should go to the Borough more

Sorry to hear Mr P is not doing so well, but a craving for Euthymol does have its humour Horrible stuff imho but does make you wonder if perhaps he has an off taste in his mouth, which could be a sign of underlying infection
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 14th, 2020, 2:22 pm

That’s a thought Sue. Thanks.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 14th, 2020, 3:00 pm

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Busybee » January 14th, 2020, 3:32 pm

I use a small place in a York, but she trained at Rigby and Peller. No tape measure in sight, all done by eye. Mine are all Prima Donna, certainly not cheap but last well. Although she all ways tells me off for not hand washing them - a cardinal sin in her eyes.

Have been going there ten plus years, she keeps comprehensive records of what you bought, size, colour etc so I sometimes give her a call, pay over the phone and she posts it out to me. Handy if I haven’t got a reason to go into town.

They certainly feel firm around the rib cage when first put on but soon ‘bed in’. Wouldn’t go back to anything else now. Knickers are from M &S, I didn’t realise that you could buy them anywhere else :lol:

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 14th, 2020, 3:52 pm

I buy my pants in Tesco . . .
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 14th, 2020, 3:56 pm

Lousy weather here today high winds & rain, really miserable.
Ehem, I will avert my eyes until this topic s over :oops: :oops: :oops:
Sometimes I am glad I am a bloke :lol: :lol:
Have a good day
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 14th, 2020, 4:04 pm

Where do you buy your pants then Hicky?
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 14th, 2020, 5:12 pm

hickybank
Registered

Postby Seatallan » January 14th, 2020, 5:44 pm

Oh Lordy PP.... the account of Mr PP and the toothpaste, etc, does sounds pretty horrid. So sorry.... :hug: :hug:

Deffo time for a GP consultation I think. It does sound like a UTI doesn't it?
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 14th, 2020, 6:00 pm

Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby slimpersoninside » January 14th, 2020, 9:07 pm

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time PP. Hope GP visit improves things.
slimpersoninside
Registered

Postby scullion » January 15th, 2020, 12:29 am

no longer buy knickers (or anything) from marks and sparks. haven't for a few decades.
i bought them from matalan, on the way home from the training day. to get them anywhere else i would have gone into town paid for a carpark, possibly got to a shop after closing time and got caught in the traffic queue for most of the way home - all of which would have made the grundies more expensive and my frustration level much higher.
the problem with bras is that if they fit snugly/firmly around the ribs when the lungs aren't fully inflated, like it is said you should, i can't breath in properly without feeling like my chest is being crushed. maybe i have big lungs!

ps. the knickers are probably made in the same factory as m&s's anyway!
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 15th, 2020, 10:08 am

Good morning
It has been very wet and windy here so far but is slowly drying and brightening, but still not looking pleasant out there

On a brighter note, I have the first jug of daffodils of the season :)

I never understand why it’s so hard to find bras with a reasonably wide band under the bust, if you are at all fleshy a thin band is bound to act like cheese wire

Have a good day everyone
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 15th, 2020, 10:20 am

Bras, M&S, knickers, France (a specific brand I like, that can be found in hypermarche and Monoprix. Nothing fancy or pretty!) or Amazon (again, a specific brand). It's taken me years to find ones I find comfy. Tights are still a problem, especially now Boots have stopped doing my favourite (if not very hard wearing) with cashmere ones.

I am feeling a bit soggy. It seems my shoes are not waterproof. Seasalt coat is though! Play was very good last night, but a late night for me, so tired.
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." Albert Camus
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 15th, 2020, 10:23 am

Good morning all

Our M&S is where I get off the bus in the city ... very convenient.

A bit of paperwork has been done and our holiday at the end of May paid for 8-) Today's supper is another 'easy' one of W'rose Chicken kievs, baby potatoes and the last of our frozen runner beans so there's not a lot to do except suck cough sweets and read. Not a sign of brightness out there and it's very wet underfoot, so apart from having topped up the bird feeders there's nothing likely to be done outside.

There's a very handsome magpie sitting on the tv aerial opposite ... I suspect he's watching the bluetits prospecting nest sites.

Have a good day all
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 15th, 2020, 10:24 am

Interesting observation Sue. After Suffs mentioned her recent purchase I looked online at the styles offered and noticed that they all had very wide bands beneath the bust. My first thought was that the band would be prone to doubling up with wear rather than staying flat. I have never had a wide band there, nor a cheese wire effect - except possibly with the skimpiest designs which are not really meant for continual everyday wear. I have plenty of flesh ;).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » January 15th, 2020, 10:55 am

good morning, all.
sunny - and should be for the rest of the day.
bread is baking, some more will go in the tube when this is out.
possibly going over to a friend's later this afternoon.
a few bits to do today but nothing pressing.
knickers are comfy, coffee in hand, what more can i ask‽
have a glorious day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 16th, 2020, 8:19 am

Mornig. It's not raining! The sky was a bit peachy-pink, moments ago. Now gold with fast moving clouds. Rain forecast for around the time I go home. I'd quite like to not wear a raincoat some time...

I anticipate having to accommodate a lot more philosophy feedback today. This bit of the process is, I suppose, bound to go through a lot more stages than is usual for a book, given a) the book's nature and b) the company's owners having expressed excitement about it (before having read it.)

Not a lot else on other than a man coming to look at our sticking doors. I hope he will take the job on. I daren't use the back door and the French windows have a large gap due to not being able to shut (or lock!) them properly.

I hope everyone has a good day.
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." Albert Camus
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 16th, 2020, 9:22 am

Good morning
It’s not raining here either but apparently it’s on it’s way :(

Got to get on with tidying up, going for a hearing test then to visit my friend in a convalescent home in Wimbledon. I never go to Wimbledon, if it’s not raining I’ll have a look around

Have a good day everyone
StokeySue
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 16th, 2020, 9:54 am

Not raining here either but cloudy, weekend forecast is good though with wall to wall sunshine on Sunday, lets wait and see.
hickybank
Registered

Postby scullion » January 17th, 2020, 8:01 am

good morning, all.
dark - another half hour till sunrise but the birds are singing so not raining - and a bit breezy.
the forecast says it's going to rain for most of the day but with a patch of full sun at eleven - and that it's raining now.
off for another training day. the one on tuesday was for giving their medication to service users.
it's something i have never done and am unlikely to do -although i was asked to be with someone who needed it last week. i pointed out that i hadn't had the training so was assigned to someone else. i won't rightly be able to do that again - even though the chap has said he was going to kill me - but i bet he says that to all the girls.
i must get going a little earlier as i hit the rush hour queue and arrived with two minutes to spare the other day (not that they started on the dot - and i wasn't the last to arrive).
fifteen minutes until sunrise.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 17th, 2020, 8:56 am

Good morning
We have a bit of sun, forecast says sunnier and drier but cooler In the SE today and it looks as if this is the case. We had enough wind overnight for the rain to hit the windows sideways
I’m off to Brighton, so I hope to see the sea in the sunshine
Have a good weekend everyone
StokeySue
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 17th, 2020, 10:12 am

Good morning ... :wave: We had torrential rain in the night ... my water feature (only a stream that goes nowhere ;) ) is overflowing onto the garden on either side :o It's now dry and sunny, so hope it keeps like this for the rest of the day. Off to Zumba soon, then later today, out for a meal with a zumba pal, then Pinewood Cinema to see Knives Out :tu:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Seatallan » January 17th, 2020, 10:17 am

Morning Wildies :wave:

We had rain too but rain has stopped and day is forecast to improve. May even have some sun later. We're going for a fell walk so fingers crossed! Catch you later :D
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 17th, 2020, 10:39 am

Good morning all
We have a lovely sunny morning here in Norfolk ... I wanted to go out and do stuff but when I start being active the cough starts again and I feel exhausted (sorry to keep going on about it ... you must be nearly as fed up with it as I am :oops: ).
OH is here today so I’m going to drive up to the garden centre and he’ll pop in and buy some bird food then he’ll do the same at Wrose, but for human food this time.
I have a complicated edging band to sort out for the jacket I’m knitting, so that’ll keep me occupied for the rest of the day.
Have a good day all :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 17th, 2020, 10:58 am

A little overcast here & chilly. like you Suffs I have been buying bird food this week, bought a 12.75Kg bag on QVC, my first shop with them so got £5 reduction, it came to £22.50, my biggest spend though is on Nyjer seed for the Gold Finches, trouble is so much goes to waste, the ground underneath is black with seed so I have just orderd two feeders with trays to try and contain it, so this month over £40 spent but think it is worth it.
I went out earlier took down the feeders to clean & refill I moved the feeder to a new position in the garden, within 2 minutes there were 6 Goldfinches on it, they must have been waiting for me to clear off
hickybank
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 17th, 2020, 11:56 am

Overcast here, but at least not raining... yet.

Hicky, you are lucky. I see goldfinches once or twice a year if that, and never more than one at a time. Niger seeds don't seem to attract them. I guess the population is small in my neck of the woods. Although of course, I am also at work most of the time so not clear what comes and what doesn't.
You've both reminded me, I am nearly out of seed too.

I think the bluetits are nesting in our house wall again. I was also contemplating getting a nesting box with camera this year, but not sure where to put it. (Or which one to get.)

V busy so far at work this morming - indexing a book. Finishing early to take Basil to the vet's for a progress assessment and another blood test, poor lamb.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » January 18th, 2020, 8:46 am

good morning, all.
we had hail and the temperature on the dashboard flashing an ice warning and three degrees on the way home yesterday afternoon. i think that's the coldest we've been so far this winter. i moved my clivia plants to a more sheltered place when i got home, just in case.
a prediction of full sun, today.
i will be in a darkened room watching pottery and glass films. why is it always sunny on this day, every january‽
my partner will be baking a loaf, out in the sun, and having a go at the potatoes that were on the jamie and jimmy show, last night.
our ip address landed on a banned board member's again last night, blocking me from signing in. sometimes, things performed in your own interest do not work.
at the training day, yesterday, on person centred support, we did a paired exercise that involved sitting opposite someone and copying a picture, pinned behind one partner and described by the other - without words. the first one where both people couldn't speak, the second where the drawer could ask questions but the describer couldn't answer with words. the thing i found interesting was that quite a number, including the person describing for me, couldn't transpose the image and so the resulting drawing was a mirror image of the one pinned to the wall (not that everyone got the pictures anyway!). ours were pretty damn close other than the transposition.
try it sometime - an interesting exercise.
have a glorious day, everyone
scullion
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 18th, 2020, 10:31 am

I have heard of similar exercises. I think we should all do more of them, especially when young.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » January 19th, 2020, 8:32 am

good morning, all.
brightening. the forecast is for day long, full sun.
my comment, yesterday, about film day always being sunny, was reiterated by at least three other people at the meeting.
there were some interesting films and lots of good things to eat. i am always amazed at the variety of food bought to meetings even when there are only a few attendees (there were probably around forty there yesterday, from as far away as exeter). the exception to the food variety was at the club's christmas 'do' (for learning disabled adults) when the spread consisted of a vast supply of sweet stuff, a few crisps and a few (meat) sausage rolls all - from packets. no help by carers to make anything, which seems a missed opportunity.
better move. we are off elsewhere.
sun is getting up, too.
have a glorious day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 19th, 2020, 8:56 am

Freezing but sunny here to today so we are off for a walk on the Quantocks, it should be a great walk, hopefully see some Deer, fingers crossed.
Have a good day
hickybank
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 19th, 2020, 9:02 am

Nice and sunny here and very frosty. Had about three hours sleep so feeling a bit grottsky, so wondering whether to make batch two of marmalade (as planned) or not. The oranges arrived just over a week ago. I am busy next Saturday.
I went into town yesterday and went on one of those Hidden London underground tours. A new one - Piccadilly Circus. Then a very nice lunch in Brindisa. I had a lovely time up to the point at which I had no energy left (just after lunch :o )
Not sure what to do with today, marmalade aside. Lots of washing. I should be out in the garden photographing sun on the frost right now. (But not dressed yet and don't fancy the cold.) I shall think of something. There may have to be a nap at some point.

Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 19th, 2020, 12:24 pm

770034BD-DB33-4657-A51E-4BC78C29840A.jpeg
Sunrise in Brighton was rather lovely
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Oat » January 19th, 2020, 4:11 pm

Lovely photo Sue
Oat
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 19th, 2020, 8:59 pm

It is indeed.

I have just spent over an hour slicing peel for Marmalade, the Sequel. Is there a machine/device that will do this?! My hand hurts.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 19th, 2020, 9:32 pm

I do mine in the Magimix first and then have another go by hand.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 19th, 2020, 10:08 pm

Lovely photo Sue.

I'm sure I've seen antique implements for shredding marmalade.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 20th, 2020, 8:26 am

Morning. Pretty sky again this morning. Quite a lot of cloud above but clear horizon. It's supposed to be bright and sunny today.

I found a machine (which is too expensive to buy unless I find one second hand) called a Pelamatic, but mixed reviews. Lakeland had a cheaper peeler but it has terrible reviews. It looks fun though. No idea if the single spiral of rind is the right thickness. Still I am not going to be doing this again this year.

Today I will be making the marmalade when I get home from work. This time, Delia-ish recipe (hard work - which aspect of it is now done - but less messy than whole orange version) with half white half, demerara.
We managed to polish off a whole jar in one week from the first batch :o It's not packed down as much when it’s home made, right?! :D

Last edited by Herbidacious on January 20th, 2020, 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » January 20th, 2020, 10:12 am

Good morning, all.
Sunny.
We are not at home so I doubt I’ll be brought a cup of coffee. My partner will avoid the machine as it has pre-sets and more choices than, I think, he can be bothered with.
My kin have gone to work so my partner is taking the dog for a gentle walk (a setter of unknown age but at the least thirteen) and I am tasked with making dinner for tonight.
Last nights dinner was early burns night. Veg haggis, mashed swede and carrots, mashed potatoes, cabbage and Brussels sprouts - and gravy. We were dished up with massive platefuls - I think I may go without until dinner tonight.
We like our marmalade ‘rustic’; which means I squeeze the oranges to remove the pips then the halves, with all the pulp and fruit get bunged through the fine blade in the food processor and into the pan. I don’t follow a recipe, put two thirds less sugar in than recipes say you should and it still comes out fine (well, chunky) and keeps ok.
Have another glorious day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » January 21st, 2020, 8:05 am

Good morning, all.
The sky is a little overcast at the moment, up here, though the forecast says it'll be sunny. It's going to be uncharacteristically rainy where we are going.
Better shift, we have a taxi in an hour and I haven't had a shower (or a coffee) yet.
Have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 21st, 2020, 8:18 am

Good morning
Bright here but much colder, I think there may have been a frost but hard to tell from in here.
No great plans for today, just getting on with stuff. Need to get some errands run and do stuff round the house.
Have a good trip scullion
Have a good day day everyone
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 21st, 2020, 8:39 am

Yes very frosty. Bright though. I currently have an electrician here to replace my flourescent tubes with leds. Fingers crossed... I have a delivery later (what people seem to refer to as a tallboy, these days but actually just slim, tallish drawers) so working from home :) Writing meet tonight...

Ok so return of the marmalade cock ups. This time it's not set. It does look like 'proper' marmalade though (used paler sugars.) I will give it till the weekend then reheat it if still not set enough. If all else fails I bought some powdered pectin. Damned if I know where I put it though! (Bought last week...)
Question is do I need to get new lids if I have to empty and re-bottle? Last lot were all bought in France. (And I thought I'd overbought...) Can be obtained quickly from Amazon though.

Ooh I could do with another coffee, but will have to wait.

Last edited by Herbidacious on January 21st, 2020, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 21st, 2020, 9:56 am

Good morning, frosty here to but overcast, off for a walk shortly to Ebbor Gorge, Cheddars baby sister, a lot better because no gift shops, guided tours, or coaches, looking forward to it as it has been on our to do list some time now, Cheers have a nice day
hickybank
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 21st, 2020, 11:22 am

Good morning all
A frosty morning with freezing fog here ... the back garden is full of bluetits, goldfinches, greenfinches, chaffinches, dunnocks, blackbirds, collared and city doves, house sparrows and a robin ... all tucking into the feeders and ground food. A pair of bluetits in the front garden have been hunting insects in the buddleja bush in front of the window and one sat on the windowsill for quite some time ... watching me? :lol:
Have a good day folks :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 21st, 2020, 12:28 pm

It's lovely out now, and the garden is full of birdsong.
I have just put some potatoes in the slow cooker - covered with olive oil, whole smoked garlic cloves (still trying to find a recipe that reatains the flavour...) and rosemary from the garden tucked in the gaps. An experiment in making confit potatoes.
Lights done. They show up any and all dirt :) (Less warm than other bulbs.)

In a parallel universe, Ebbor cheese would be ubiquitous, Hicky?!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 21st, 2020, 5:28 pm

Just back from our walk & what a walk it was, just under 7 miles but very strenuous the highlight at the end was the gorge, unfortunately it was late & we were loosing the sun, the way into the gorge was very steep & rocky with no path, as we were both tired, we decided the sensible thing to do was to bypass it back the carpark & revisit at a later date as it looked amazing.
We will have a bit of a rest then go out to eat as I cannot be bothered to cook.
night,night
hickybank
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 22nd, 2020, 8:13 am

Morning. Very dark and dull, but not raining. Forecast to be like this all day, and pretty much for the next few days until it rain is added to the mix on Monday :o

Nothing planned for today other than work. I need to do some cooking tonight. I got a box of tomato passata out of the freezer the night before last. I imagine it will still be ok. Not sure what to do with it. I got it out primarily because I need to make some space in the freezer. I was struggling to fit a small side plate in when making marmalade!

Herbidacious
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 22nd, 2020, 8:43 am

Morning Herby, if you are looking for inspiration I made this this week, we really enjoyed it
https://www.asdagoodliving.co.uk/food/r ... reen-beans
hickybank
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop