good morning +

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: good morning +

Postby Herbidacious » October 17th, 2017, 2:18 pm

It went 'weird' again at about 1pm, but brightened up now.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 17th, 2017, 2:32 pm

Herbidacious wrote:It went 'weird' again at about 1pm, but brightened up now.

I got a pic, also on Chatterbox. That's the sun :o

Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 18th, 2017, 7:18 am

Darkish but normal darkish probably as raining steadily this morning. Was hoping to get to the station before that started. Time to go....
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 18th, 2017, 8:34 am

Good morning all :D
Dull, overcast, dampish here ... not attractive :(
Getting ready for tennis ....
Have a good day all :D
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 18th, 2017, 8:38 am

Good morning
We seem to have had a good shower overnight, looks like there is more to come
Should wash the sand out of the atmosphere anyway
Medical appointment tonight so day of doing "stuff" before I go out and have a wander round Oxford Street en route
Have a good day, stay dry
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » October 19th, 2017, 12:33 pm

good aftermorning, all.
wet and windy - the sort of day you want to watch a sunny film on the box - i might indulge in the last montalbano this afternoon.
was up and out early for the farm yesterday, where some fettling of casts was performed and other playing with mud. one of the guys decided to make a car, which turned into making a boat - which ended up like the rocks that the boat had been wrecked on - the clay went back into the bag.
have a cozy afternoon, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby cooksalot » October 21st, 2017, 9:34 am

Morning everyone! Hurricane Brian seems to making his presence felt in South London this morning. Big gusts of wind and intermittent rain. Happily the shopping is done so I may just flop with a book all day!
Hope everyone has a good day.
cooksalot
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 21st, 2017, 9:54 am

Good morning
Brian not doing much in N London yet but it's clouding
Had a day of mending things and clearing up the mess I made when I knocked a bottle of soy onto a tempered glass plate, surprising the bottle survived, but the plate split into a hundred little ribbons of glass
I also fixed my coffee grinder, glued an earring, put the pad back on my head phones (very tricky, fortunately someone left good instructions on Amazon), removed the damaged hook from a bra (will replace today) and spoke severely to the fridge which was making funny noises.
Visit to the farmer's market then more of the same I think
Have a good day, and stay away from Brian
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 21st, 2017, 10:04 am

No sign of Brian here in Norfolk, although I think we were only promised a glancing blow anyway. We currently have wall to wall blue sky and a brisk breeze at the moment. I've done as much h*wk as I intend to do, put undies in the wash and deconstructed a game bird (see my new thread re roast pheasant). Now I have some veg to prep and then a library book to attend to ...
Have a nice day folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » October 21st, 2017, 10:27 am

good morning, all.
keeping away from brian is not an option. we have fiftyish mile an hour winds at the moment - although there is sun - so that's all good (to quote ian fletcher).
i have the remains of the brambly harvest to turn into spicy apple chutney. i say remains because a badger or other large animal has had the windfalls and the low growing fruit (our apple trees are on a dwarfing rootstock - easier to pick on a slope) and left us with what was out of its reach. that should be the job for the day.
the only tree left to harvest is the granny smith, that won't be ready for nearly a month. i think the fruit will be out of reach for the scrumper - unless the wind brings them down.
the other two musts for today are to record the radio this afternoon and watch qualifying tonight.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby miss mouse » October 21st, 2017, 4:21 pm

Brian still very energetic in NW London and North Essex friend says the same. What a busy boy he is.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 21st, 2017, 4:30 pm

Think in Norfolk we're now getting a tiny taste of what Brian has to offer ...
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 22nd, 2017, 7:25 am

Bright and breezy here after high winds yesterday. I am off into town for a tour around 55 Broadway. I wonder if they will let us on the roof given it's still a bit windy. I do hope so.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 22nd, 2017, 7:40 am

A bright sunny one here with a gentle breeze wafting thru the trees. No visible damage after Brian a few cherry tree twigs that will be good for kindling.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 22nd, 2017, 8:02 am

How lovely to sit in bed with my coffee this morning and nod in agreement with every word Mary Beard said on A Point of View :D a promising start to the day.
Hope you all have a good day :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 22nd, 2017, 8:16 am

Good morning
Grey and much cooler here
Not sure what I'll do today, obviously got loads of stuff I can get on with but want to work in a walk
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » October 22nd, 2017, 10:14 am

good morning, all.
weather - changeable but at least the wind is back down to the normal breeziness.
i have been asked to do a daytime check on the local young's new kitten for the next couple of weeks - that will be such a hardship.
i have a load of nuts to smoke but i'm not sure if it's going to stay dry enough, today, to do them. i may have to do it in the porch with the door open. we're getting smoked nut withdrawal symptoms.
(thinking - i need a coffee, i need a coffee - i'm sure it'll work soon.)
have a calm day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » October 23rd, 2017, 11:27 am

good morning, all.
cloudy and damp.
off to the beach for a gentle walk after coffee.
tonight - a talk about soil at the organic gardening group meeting.
have a grand day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » October 23rd, 2017, 11:52 am

suffolk wrote:Good morning all :D
How lovely to sit in bed with my coffee this morning and nod in agreement with every word Mary Beard said on A Point of View :D a promising start to the day.
Hope you all have a good day :D

I was in total agreement with her on the fact that she is emailed and asked for advice and doesn't receive so much as a thank you for her trouble.
I think that people should think of emails in the same way as a letter or a phone call - if you are sent one you should respond. I make a point of always responding to any email that has been sent to me personally - I ignore those sort of Mail chimp ones as they are just a blanket email.
I receive literally hundreds of emails, through my work, every week and I respond to every one of them. It doesn't take very long to say - not for me thank you. The number of emails I get from people saying - thank you so much for responding even if it was to say no.
Manners take very little time and I think email etiquette should be taught in school.
Right, getting off my soap box now! :wave:
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby scullion » October 24th, 2017, 9:43 am

good morning, all.
overcast.
i have been offered a coffee but it hasn't materialised yet. my partner has been distracted by drill bits.
today's jobs are playing with a kitten, putting on washing, putting away last night's shopping and maybe some hswk - that looks like the right order of importance to me.
i will have to iplayer mary beard, i find her such a breath of fresh air - and sensibility.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 24th, 2017, 9:56 am

Dull and a bit damp here.
Just watching a robin fossicking around in the Clematis Freckles on the front trellis fence, just by the robin-type nest box we put there this time last year ........ we can see it from the sofa .... it'd be nice next year if he/she moves in :bounce:
Enjoy the kitten Scully and have a good day all :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 24th, 2017, 10:10 am

Good morning
Kittens and robins sound more interesting than the laundry and floor scrubbing I need to tackle today and tomorrow BUT the reason I need to do it is because I will be far too busy enjoying myself from tomorrow afternoon for several days

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 24th, 2017, 10:26 am

StokeySue wrote:Good morning
Kittens and robins sound more interesting than the laundry and floor scrubbing I need to tackle today and tomorrow BUT the reason I need to do it is because I will be far too busy enjoying myself from tomorrow afternoon for several days

Sue you seem to have seamlessly migrated into retirement mode ;) :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby scullion » October 25th, 2017, 7:52 am

dull, grey and windless - and the weather, too.
off to the farm in a little while, after i've finished my coffee. let's see if i managed to work the timer plug last week, which had no instructions and was not the easiest i've ever seen. if the moulds are dry i was successful.
have a cosy day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 25th, 2017, 8:49 am

Good morning
We have sun currently!
A few things to do but out for a curry with old friends later
Things like timer plugs often reduce me to :evil: language, though I have a new kitchen timer that is so simple it is a joy
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 25th, 2017, 8:57 am

An overcast start to the day has been followed by torrential rain and then blue sky and white fluffies ... I suppose the weather people will say it's changeable.
I need a small secondhand set of bookshelves for the studio ... Freecycle here I come ......
Have a good day folks. :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » October 26th, 2017, 11:08 am

good morning, all.
brightly overcast. the sun came out yesterday and gave us a very pleasant day where things made could be left out to dry in the sunshine.
i can't find one of my screens that i need for tomorrow - so my partner is making one for me, to fit the spare squeegee i have. they have their uses at times, don't they‽‽ although i think it may be that he bought more wood than he needed for a recent project and it's a case of guilt mitigation - and the fact that the machinery is out and available - toys for boys. i'm still very grateful whatever the motive. he'll still be getting leftover chilli for dinner though.
quiz night tonight.
have a good aftermorning, all.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 26th, 2017, 11:19 am

Good after morning all :D

I'm a little confused ... a package I was expecting from an Amazon supplier arrived this morning via Yodel ... however I'd had an email from Amazon telling me it was coming via Royal Mail and would arrive tomorrow ........ I've asked for an explanation :?

It feels chillier today ...

Have a good day folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » October 27th, 2017, 7:36 am

good morning, all.
i can't tell if it's overcast or still a bit dark - i haven't looked out yet and the blind is only partly open. it's meant to be quite sunny today.
i'm off to do a workshop for some friends. the fact that my partner has made a screen for me means that i can show them how to stretch the organza onto it which wouldn't have happened if i had been able to find the other one. there's a niggling feeling at the back of my mind that someone, some years ago, borrowed it and didn't returned it. the squeegee is the expensive part to have lost. let's hope it's in a place that i haven't been able to look at the moment.
it's low tide a bit before five tonight - we will probably go for a walk on the beach in the sunshine.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 27th, 2017, 8:04 am

It's a glorious morning ... DD has sent me a photo of her view from part of the garden where she works ... the sunrise over the Orwell Estuary ....... doesn't get much better 8-)
I'm just having a quick slurp of :mug: before I set off to see my physio again about these special exercises for my knee ... :mug:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 27th, 2017, 9:05 am

Morning we had thick fog earlier but the sun is out now and the sky is blue :tu:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 27th, 2017, 9:32 am

It's beautiful here. Sunny, beautiful light and lovely autumn colours to illuminate. If only I didn't have to spend the day in the office...
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » October 28th, 2017, 11:35 am

good aftermorning, all.
overcast with a sprinkling of overcast.
don't you just love it when someone has done an afternoon workshop then goes on to tell you how to do that same thing 'right'- that you spent a whole term learning how to do and then have used the skill for decades? jeeeez! (and brings the wrong stuff when you've given them a precise list).
see one, do one, teach one, huh? (- forgetting the see one).
it's a bit like when my partner taught himself to juggle from a book called 'juggling for the complete klutz'. showed him how i'd learned (in the playground) - and he told me i was doing it wrong - i relearned to the way he was doing it. he got further on in the book and said sorry to me because i had been doing a more advanced variation (i then found it difficult to go back to how i used to do it).
rant over.
have a lovely day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 28th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Good after morning all :D

Heartfelt empathy and lots of commiserations Scully :rolleyes:

Sounds as if we have similar weather here, with a touch of blustery as well ......... and chillier than it's been since last winter Brrrrrrrrrr!!!

Food shop done at the farm shop ... today's supper menu has been created around the tub of out of date hummus OH brought home yesterday. It involves lamb, yoghurt, aubergine and pittas with a dollop of pomegranate molasses a drizzle of honey and a scattering of fresh coriander and toasted almonds.

I think this afternoon will involve sitting on the sofa doing my knee exercises and knitting .... I can do them both at the same time :hi5:

Have a nice day folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby nursemimi » October 28th, 2017, 1:56 pm

morning :wave: I have a a lovely lie in this morning. Am up now and have coffee in hand. Will head to the grocers in
a bit. The children and mother in law are coming for dinner tommorow night so some housework is called for. But the sun is shining and no wind so far but it is quite chilly out.

Mimi
nursemimi
Registered

Postby scullion » October 29th, 2017, 11:16 am

good morning, all.
overcast with a breeze from the north.
i have not felt the benefit from the time shift.
i was woken up by a vomiting cat at six, cleared up, then lay awake for ages. by the time i woke up (just over half an hour ago) my partner had been to and come back from newquay.
mind you, i suppose it would have been half eleven that i would have woken at (again).
scullion
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 30th, 2017, 9:38 am

Good morning everybody :wave:

Those of you who I am FB friends with will know that I have had a pretty busy weekend 8-)

Saturday was my sister's anniversary meal and the present I had made for her was delightfully received and now has pride of place in their garden. It was lovely catching up with her family and friends who I have got to know over the years. :bounce: :tu: :tu:

Yesterday I was at a 3 hours Zumbathon in aid of Cancer charities, organised by my Zumba instructor. An amazing afternoon and almost everyone who went dressed up for the occasion .. there are photos of me and my friend on fb, but I don't know how to get them on here, or on to the wildies fb group :aww: :? ... (unless someone can post an idiot guide ;) :oops: ) .. I really enjoyed dressing up as a zombie tart and although I didn't manage to dance ALL afternoon, I did come home exhausted. I think I lost a couple of pounds in weight as even after a chocolate brownie, I got home lighter than when I left ! :bounce:

I off to Zumba soon and then a quiet afternoon before my Fitsteps class this evening ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby scullion » October 30th, 2017, 10:26 am

Good morning, all.
Sunny. Hopefully the builder is getting on with the next job on the list!
I have bought another pair of sheepskin boots, off eBay, to rep!ace my lovely blue ones which got ruined while reed cutting at the begining of the year. £30 including postage and almost new as opposed to £145 new (or cheaper if I got a pair of seconds up at the factory in newquay - but not that cheap).
Nothing planned for today - but a coffee would be good before I contemplate anything else.
Have a glorious day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 30th, 2017, 10:49 am

Had a look at the St Ives webcams and it does look lovely down there today Scully. 8-) Here it's been a bit of everything except frost so far today.
The bathroom and I have both had had a good scrub today and sufficient unto the day and all that ... so I'll have a :mug: and write a shopping list for my trip into the city on Wednesday, then I'll find myself something nice to do in the studio ;)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » October 30th, 2017, 11:11 am

this is a better view of what we're getting now - https://www.gwelanmor.com/surfcam - a better camera than the sn'ives harbour one.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 30th, 2017, 11:34 am

Are you sure there's not a blue filter on that one Scully? The sand looks a lot greyer than at Porthmeor http://www.aspects-holidays.co.uk/st-iv ... eor-webcam
;)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » October 30th, 2017, 11:52 am

it may have a slight one but the porthmeor one has quite a golden cast to it ( i've just compared the whites of a springer).
the sand is also a different colour due to the larger quantity of tin ore mixed in along this part of the coast. i know there's only about ten miles difference but the drift direction and beach orientation make a difference to where the heavier minerals move (or stay). porthtowan looks even more grey and the beach to the left of the stream at aggie even more still - where a friend had the rights to remove sand and stream out the tin.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » October 31st, 2017, 10:29 am

good morning, all.
sunny/overcast with a prediction of dry.
coffee finished - i suppose i'd better get on and do stuff. this means that the hswk should be done - but i'm trying to avoid it as usual - i'm sure i can find some different stuff to do.
have a spooky day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 31st, 2017, 10:33 am

Good Morning, we are forecast a dry day for once, but it is very chilly.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 31st, 2017, 1:10 pm

Good after morning :D
I seem to have spent the morning on admin ... re-booking Specsavers, paying for half of our next holiday and booking tickets for Mme Butterfly :luv: It all seems to have taken a silly amount of time, but at least it's done.
To make up for the time 'lost' we've decided to send out for a takeaway for supper ... I've checked Hygiene Ratings online and we're going to try a different takeaway ... nothing wrong with our usual one but just fancy a change of menu ...
Have a good afternoon folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 1st, 2017, 10:44 am

Good morning
Bright and sunny here at the moment
Arrived back from Bristol absolutely shattered on Monday night, fell asleep on the sofa so early I missed dinner
Yesterday I raced out to join a trip to The House of Illustration in King's Cross, where we saw two exhibitions, Lucinda Rogers and Gerald Scarfe
They'd commissioned her to draw scenes of Ridley Road market in Dalston (Hackney) which was fascinating as we are locals. The Scarfe was excellent, mainly his video and costume designs
Shattered again of course!

Not sure what to do today, could do with some tidying up inside and out

Here's a reminder of Lucinda Rogers early work for the Independent, her market drawings are more impressionistic

Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » November 2nd, 2017, 8:48 am

Awake! For morning in the bowl of night has flung the stone that puts the stars to flight.
Due to be a bit sunny, today, with not much of a breeze.
The lazy boy (cat who spends 25 out of every 24 hours asleep on our bed) returned, last night, after a three day absence. He had a sort of milky smell about him - we don't give our cats milk - maybe someone else's bed is more inviting.
Some shopping is needed sometime soon; my partner is suffering from fruit withdrawal symptoms.
Have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 2nd, 2017, 9:07 am

Good morning
I think we had a little fog, but clearing now
I ended up having a duvet day yesterday, the tiredness from the weekend plus the virus (sore throat + muscle ache) that was circulated at the tournament pole axed me
Better today, so will potter on steadily, was planning to re-do outdoor pots for winter but may not get time until Monday

Good to hear the wanderer has returned scully

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 2nd, 2017, 9:41 am

A day walking around the city carrying a bag of shopping has taken its toll on my 'other' knee ... not the one that gives way with no warning, but the other one that got strained? whilst hobbling around with my broken foot. The pain on standing after sitting for a while is :shock: It wears off after a few steps and is just a bit sore and stiff ... I told the physio about it when I saw him the other day; he said that there's a bit of arthritic wear and tear but nothing surprising ... he's pretty sure it's just strained ligaments ... oh well ... as I've said in the past, knees have several design flaws :rolleyes: I blame Ma ... she had awful knees as she got older ... and my paternal grandma's weren't much better ... no hope for mine then :rolleyes:
Sue ... OH won't go into crowded places or public transport without first applying a squirt or two of First Defence.
Spicy parsnip soup and an oxtail casserole to make ............... have a good day folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 3rd, 2017, 8:47 am

Good morning
It's sunny outside but the local weather has just warned us that it is foggy in most of London

Suffolk, I don't think First Defence would help, it's not a cold (no rhinitis). I've noticed before that minor illnesses are common post tournament, I think it's a combination of tiredness and constant hand shaking, I'll make liberal use of hand gel in future.

Need to go shopping, start cooking, clear up and do a little walking

Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop