good morning +

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: good morning +

Postby StokeySue » December 20th, 2017, 10:56 am

Good morning, I too have loads to do but currently can't be bothered
Must get on though
Damp but not very cold here, need to check when it's not raining and pop to the picture framer to collect a picture
Then various other things to do before going for an eye treatment
Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 20th, 2017, 11:21 am

Good morning all :D
You should be so lucky Scully ... last night my ex tried to rearrange my schedule for me :x ........ and he has had nothing to do with my Christmas for 25 years!!!
Oh well ... onwards and upwards .......... hold on tight folks ........ it's nearly here :lol:
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » December 20th, 2017, 11:36 am

Very mizzley and wet out there, not liking it at all. Wuzzle has come in with muddy legs, refuelled and gone out again. Scrumpy is again.... in the airing cupboard and Gridge is behind my shoe rack in the wardrobe. That may be because the hoover came out briefly this morning. We are going back to wood burning tonight as we are now down to coal dust....

We have decided not to go to the pub for singing of carols on Friday as it gets so flipping hot and Mr. Z. doesn't do singing well. It sounds as though it will be packed anyway.

My glass panel arrived late last night and I keep going and looking at it, it is very lush, it is in the garage leaning against the wall. We just have to keep it safe until next June !

Better get on with the construction of a Moussaka for Saturday's supper - so much better when the flavours mingle !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 20th, 2017, 12:27 pm

scullion wrote: my time schedule sounds as if it's being rearranged so as to be inconvenient for me.

That sounds familiar ... it has already happened several times to me and will probably happen again before the big day :rolleyes: . I have just remembered that I had an agreement with my children that we would do what we liked at Christmas but that we would have a 'family day out' each summer. It worked well until we acquired a whole new side of the family who are very kind and include us in things (including giving presents when we had agreed not to) and a young child. I find myself longing for either peace and quiet or a childhood Christmas at home with all the darling relatives who are long gone, i.e. MY family. I expect they were thinking the same thing back in the day :lol:.

suffolk wrote:Oh well ... onwards and upwards .......... hold on tight folks ........ it's nearly here :lol:

Ain't it just! I've just got to work out what on earth to do about desserts and I've done everything I intend doing (apart from a massive tidy up). I just phoned the people I need to visit and they are busy today :bounce: :bounce: . I am popping in after work on Saturday (which is when I was going to shop for bread and desserts but I think there is enough room in the freezer for bread). Every year at this time I think I could do with a small extra freezer but don't for the rest of the year :rolleyes:

Your glass panel sounds lovely Zosh ... bet you can't wait for June!

Time for a quick trip to supermarkets .. I suppose I should really consider what I am going to eat between now and Christmas Day, I had forgotten about that.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » December 21st, 2017, 9:20 am

Good morning, all.
Overcast, reasonably warm again and small breeze.
A bit of shopping needs doing then onion bhaji making followed by a Christmas meal with a bunch of friends. we are eating Indian. I made Bombay potatoes yesterday afternoon.
We spent a while playing with the kitten after picking up our daughter from the station, last night. I think all the playmates distracted him from his food. I can't decide whether my partner will be happy or sad to relinquish his playtime, when the young get back tomorrow.
Have a calm day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 21st, 2017, 9:32 am

Heading south to nurse the sick ... DS has 'flu pretty badly and passed out on the kitchen floor yesterday ... his cat was most perturbed. I'm taking paracetemol, aspirin and soft drinks. He says he can't keep food down so won't bother with anything other than dry biscuits.
Glad I had the jab.
We're with him for Christmas and it's his birthday tomorrow ... :rolleyes:
Have a good day folks.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 21st, 2017, 12:16 pm

Good noon
Late on parade, always doss around after an eye treatment but don't feel bad today apart from a slight cold
:hug: :hug: and best wishes for your DS suffs
Need to take my reverse advent calendar stuff to the food bank, was going to walk but might take the bus
Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » December 22nd, 2017, 6:50 am

Its still dark..... but I know it's raining because Scrumpy has come back in wet.... It isn't cold but just very damp. Must go and let the Ckx. out when it gets light. Ethel has chosen the wrong time of year to go into moult.... :? But she is still laying....ATM
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 22nd, 2017, 9:34 am

Good morning
Yesterday ended up as a duvet day, didn't leave the house due to the combined effects of the medical treatment and fighting a cold
Much better today, and it's not actually raining so activity will be resumed, though I think I might use the bus more than I usually would
There's a Christmas fair in the park, so I'll see if I feel up to it, it will still be there tomorrow

Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » December 22nd, 2017, 9:59 am

Good morning, all.
Rather dull looking out there and i don't know if the regular ticking is rain dripping from the eves - or the tide clock in the hall.
Due to a very late night we are all still in bed - I think it's safe to say that I'm the only one awake.
There's a theory that were going down to the beach for lunch but at this rate we'd be lucky to get 'afternoon tea'.
Shopping still needed as I didn't go, again, yesterday.
Would it be fair to start, gently, waking my partner and dropping hints of coffee making if it was his fault we didn't get to bed at a civilized time?
Have a serene day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 22nd, 2017, 10:22 am

Good morning all :D Here you are Scully :mug:
OH is in 'Turkey Hell' today ... he'll be bringing home my last minute bits and pieces .... I can't be doing with any more shopping .... apart from anything else the bdooly trolley-pushing bu$$ers my knee .... it's the torque .... apparently .... I've a good mind to challenge Dyson to design one that works properly ..........
Some washing and baking to be done today, and supper to be cobbled together out of whatever I can find ...........
Have a good day folks ... serene would be good, but unlikely :lol:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 22nd, 2017, 10:45 am

I think you probably want a car designer for the trolley suffs, Alec Issigonis would have been the man
My nomination for the next Dyson project is the dishwasher, much as I love my washer dosher I'm sure it would be possible to come up with with a better arrangement of racks and sprays, in particular one that accommodates a miscellany of serving and kitchen dishes and bowls easily and gets them clean right into the depths :idea:
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 22nd, 2017, 10:54 am

I was thinking about the 'ball' thing instead of wheels .....
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » December 24th, 2017, 11:46 am

good morning, all.
overcast - well, weather the same as it has been for the last week or so, really.
nothing much to do today other than assemble some stockings for the young, make a couple of indian dishes for tomorrow and some veg prep (sprouts and carrots) for boxing day. the fake baileys and gin tea was made yesterday - priorities eh‽‽
have a grand christmas eve, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 24th, 2017, 11:54 am

Just about to set off to son's place ... the car is loaded and OH is almost ready . :D ....... have a wonderful Christmas everyone
:hug: :cocktail: :cocktail: :wave: :xtree:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 24th, 2017, 11:57 am

suffolk wrote:I was thinking about the 'ball' thing instead of wheels .....

I'd forgotten the ball barrow was a Dyson.. they'd need to do a fair but of remodelling as the vandals would have great fun puncturing the balls

I am pottering around, wrapping last presents and vacuuming pine needles, will then tart myself up before I go out

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » December 27th, 2017, 11:27 am

good morning, all.
bright with the odd glimpse of sun and a bit of a breeze.
today will include some bedding washing. when getting home and heading for bed at an ungodly hour i found that pretty cat, in her confusion had had a wee on our bed. fortunately, having had a similar scenario with a previous elderly cat, there are a couple of good mattress protectors in use so the mattress was 'uncontaminated' and dry, and the old, stored and clean, duvet was brought into play. the cat was banned from the bedroom. i should really get a move on and take advantage of the dry and breeziness outside.
hope you all had a grand christmas.
have a relaxing day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 27th, 2017, 11:39 am

Dry breeziness ??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Very wet, windy and dark here ... washing will be draped around radiators so that we have some clean clothes to wear when we visit MIL for New Year :D
OH has set off to W'rose to get supplies of mentholyptus type sweets so that I can breathe ... just a headcold, nothing like DS's flu, but feeling drained nevertheless.
We were entertained as we drank our :mug: in bed yesterday morning by DS's resident housemouse who seemed most perturbed that we were in the spare bedroom ... apparently his elderly cat is scared of it, but given that he only has one upper fang, even if he did catch it all he could do is give it a suck so ..... :lol: Think a trap will be set.
Just looked out of the window ... we have white stuff ......... flippin 'eck :rolleyes:
Enjoy your day folks :lol:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 27th, 2017, 12:22 pm

Good noon
The mice have had a quiet Christmas here, perhaps the gathering was elsewhere
It's wet and miserable here too, the weather forecast says cold but sunny by 13:00, I think it is optimistic

It must be said that one of the compensations of not having a cat is that I can open and close doors and arrange bedding to suit myself and not the feline. The bed and bedding had a deep clean when I was briefly sleeping in the spare room to escape noise and moth spray

Soup making day here. Oriental style stock made from the duck carcase, lentil soup in progress to use up other leftovers
Have a good day everyone!
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » December 27th, 2017, 12:36 pm

It snowed briefly earlier, but now it's just a steady, determined drizzle. Basil (cat) keeps going out, coming in wet, and walking on as many things as possible that I'd rather he didn't with wet paws. I dry him. He goes out again. Repeat. He's just found a fleecy blanket I brought downstairs (it's cold and draughty after my mother's tropically (but without the moisture, alas, so maybe more Saharan) hot house) and is possing and purring away on it :D Possibly a little too ecstatically :shock:

Trying to decide whether to go out or not. Second hand bookshop up the road was my thinking...
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » December 27th, 2017, 5:07 pm

StokeySue wrote:The mice have had a quiet Christmas here, perhaps the gathering was elsewhere

They have moved to my larder unit/electric meter cupboard ... And they are expert mountaineers, scaling the wire shelves of my pull out unit. I have had to move all packet food out of their reach and bin the stuff they have already feasted from :( For the last couple of weeks, I have been putting down lots of rat/mouse poison and I think they have invited the neighbourhood mice to join their party as the bait dish is emptied every night ! :o I can't stop them coming up through the gap where the electric cable comes up along the wall but they can't get out into the kitchen, so I will just have to hope that they eventually succumb to the poison, or move on when they realise the source of food has been removed ! ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby miss mouse » December 27th, 2017, 5:31 pm

PatsyMFagan wrote:they are expert mountaineers, scaling the wire shelves

Mice can do everything, jump, swim, squeeze through impossible gaps.

Could you deal with mousetraps? Have a dedicated pair of rubber gloves to clear them straight into the bin or should they go into the waste food caddy? Bait is argued between chocolate and peanut butter. I am open to suggestions from others who know better.

Ugghhh. Mice. Utterly disgusting. I feel quite ill now.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » December 27th, 2017, 5:38 pm

Ugh, no, couldn't deal with mousetraps, only the humane one that they seem to escape from .. :rolleyes:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby scullion » December 28th, 2017, 9:04 am

Good morning, all.
Dry, bright but chill.
we're heading for a quick walk on the beach, in an hour or so, followed by lunch at the blue bar.
The upcountry young head back later today -hopefully it'll be less icy by the time they leave but the forecast isn't indicating that. They can always stay another night.
Have a cosy day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 28th, 2017, 9:46 am

Good morning
Cold and bright here too
Looking west there's a stiff frost even here in the city, but the yard is ice free, so my herbs can enjoy the sun
Will go for a walk soonish
Have a good day everyone, stay warm and think twice about driving
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 28th, 2017, 10:43 am

Drippy nose and stuffed up head here ... I have Vicks on my chest and Olbas on my tissues ... I'll try not to breathe in your direction :rolleyes:
Gammon is simmering to be glazed and baked later ... that'll give us lots of cold cuts until we leave on NY Eve to go to MIL's. As Bro gave us a bag of baking potatoes on Boxing Day and I made a batch of cole slaw yesterday we won't starve :lol:
We have bright skies and a hard frost here ... the bluetits and their chums are all over the feeders in the garden and the blackbirds are hoovering up their favourite porridge oats.
I'm staying indoors in the warm.
Have a good day folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby smitch » December 28th, 2017, 10:52 am

Morning all. OH has gone back to work so just me and the animals today. All 4 rats have been out for an explore and the guinea pigs are asking for food every time I go downstairs. Poppy (ill rat on Christmas Day) is doing much better on the new antibiotic. She enjoyed some left over curry for breakfast today :shock:

The plumber from the water company turned up much earlier than expected to fix (yet another) leak in the kitchen so I answered the door in my dressing gown :oops:

Have decided to start watching Peaky Blinders as several people have recommended it to me. Gonna be a lazy day I think.

Hope everyone has a good day!
smitch
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » December 28th, 2017, 11:37 am

suffolk wrote:I have Vicks on my chest and Olbas on my tissues

Vicks on the soles of your feet is supposed to help too :) :tu:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 28th, 2017, 12:27 pm

PatsyMFagan wrote:
suffolk wrote:I have Vicks on my chest and Olbas on my tissues

Vicks on the soles of your feet is supposed to help too :) :tu:

Really? :shock: Well ... I'll have to give it a go ........ I'll report back tomorrow ...
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby nursemimi » December 28th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Morning. It is cold windy here. hubby and i have lingering colds. Must do some housework
today but would rather just linger on here with you lot. :D

Mimi
nursemimi
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 28th, 2017, 1:28 pm

nursemimi wrote: hubby and i have lingering colds.

Snap! Must be one of those internet viruses ;)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby nursemimi » December 28th, 2017, 1:42 pm

Lol. Could be!!!!

Mimi
nursemimi
Registered

Postby scullion » December 29th, 2017, 12:46 pm

good aftermorning, all.
bright and windy, getting even windier tonight.
it's the time of year to start girding the loins for doing the tax returns - i will have to put up with the grumbling and cursing that afflicts my partner for the next few weeks.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » December 30th, 2017, 12:02 pm

good morning, all.
last night's wind has subsided a bit - returning in strength later, and it's a bit dull at the moment. my partner has been out to check for damage.
i woke early, decided it wasn't time to get up yet so had a bit of a read, went back to sleep and woke up again shortly before ten thirty. i am on the last cadfael book. the only one i've not read in this binge is the second as the file was corrupted. i have seen two of the tv adaptations, years ago, and thought them quite good but as usual the books are better.
one coffee has been drunk and when my partner had forgotten what he came in to ask me i asked if it was to get me another coffee. duly delivered he still can't remember what the question was - obviously not that important.
have a lovely day collecting your six goose eggs, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 30th, 2017, 1:37 pm

Good afternoon
Been out collecting the food for NYE
No goose eggs tbough
Just the supermarket to do now but having coffee first
I walked through the cemetery park and we obviously had a lot of rain overnight but alternating now between sun and cloud with a really blustery wind
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » December 31st, 2017, 9:08 am

Good morning, all.
Swans will be swimming later on this afternoon but it's bright and dry at the moment.
I need to go shopping. Fruit, salad stuff, cat food and litter, dishwasher tablets and a few other necessities are ... needed.
Have a grand day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 31st, 2017, 9:20 am

Good morning
We had a load more rain overnight, but brightening well now though I think there's a wind
Will potter on, just need to tidy the spare room before my guest arrived
Enjoy the last day of 2017
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 31st, 2017, 10:21 am

Good morning all and a Happy New Year when it arrives :D

Just about to set off for S. Lincs if the floods don't get in the way ........ we've had so much rain we may need an ark :shock:

Have a good one all :cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » January 1st, 2018, 12:15 pm

good morning, all.
sunny at the moment.
we had very heavy hail last night. half way through the accumulation slid off the roof. i've heard it do that once or twice before - the sound is really interesting, it's a sort of 'swoosh' noise.
i weighed myself for the first time in months, yesterday. the plant from little shop of horrors won over audrey hepburn last year. i'm hoping the latter can fight back this year!
as it was bucketing down shortly after i got back from shopping my partner left it until very late to bring up the shopping so the job of putting away is in progress. the best part of one or the bags of oranges was put into it's (human), transitional receptacle as soon as it was bought up. fruit doesn't last long in this house.
scullion
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 1st, 2018, 12:18 pm

We have had very heavy showers here bot there is some blue stuff on the way, I can just see it on the horizon. Mr. Scrump is sat on the bed behind me and I can hear him biting his back leg claws - he doesn't half make a racket !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby scullion » January 2nd, 2018, 10:10 am

good morning, all.
dull with the promise of dullness, wind and rain.
the car goes off for a big service and mot in a a little while - i haven't inquired how my partner's getting back - it may be by bike. there's nothing in that village that would keep him occupied for the time unless he sits it out in the mechanics office with his laptop, drinking coffee and chatting with the mechanic's wife. i think i may just have worked it out!
i have just asked. he says last time he was loaned a car but his intention this time is what i had guessed. he likes chatting with young women.
i now have to get my own coffee.
i think i may have to hunt out the ud music played in the radio 4 programme which is on at the moment. the music i listened to while in labour was played by munir bashir

oops, forgot to 'submit'. the radio programme was the lyse duocete one, on at 9am.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 2nd, 2018, 10:28 am

Good luck with the car, hope they don't find anything unexpectedly expensive

An ordinary grey day here, need to do a bit of tidying up and sorting out, need various bits of house maintenance done, book hair, tooth and hearing appointments and so on. Think I'll fire up the big PC and just sort out my diary

Out to see a friend's refurbishments and have NY get together later

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » January 2nd, 2018, 10:46 am

unfortunately it may be - the abs is faulty.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 2nd, 2018, 10:47 am

It's raining quite heavily here. My last day at home... husband has just left for the airport, wheezing like a TARDIS and very miserable.
Not sure what to do with myself. I feel very disinclined to go out in this rain.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 2nd, 2018, 11:12 am

Pouring here now Herbi, the bin men look very miserable out in it
Just catch up on reading or TV maybe?
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 3rd, 2018, 9:41 am

Good morning
Quite bright here at the moment but the wind is still quite fierce
Need to go to collect a picture from the framers but not trying to carry a big picture in a gale, this week. Also if I wait my neighbour may be around and I can borrow a trolley
Lots of bits to get on with
Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cooksalot » January 3rd, 2018, 9:44 am

Good morning! Very fierce wind and rain in S London last night. Had to use my earplugs. Still blowey here too, Sue, but at least it’s dry. Thankfully not much to do today. Christmas tree is already down. I just need to tidy away the last of the decorations.
Have a great day, everyone!
cooksalot
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 3rd, 2018, 9:52 am

Back at work. Yes still a bit breezy! Amazed my train wasn't cancelled...
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 3rd, 2018, 11:43 am

Still stormy here in East Anglia :shock:
Decorations are down with the exception of the little robin who will say out until Twelfth Night.
A good cleaning session is intended ........ for tomorrow ;)
Have a good day folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 4th, 2018, 10:38 am

Good morning
The weather is extremely changeable, currently thinking of raining
Think today is the day to remove the decorations : and start the clean up
Have a good day
Sue