good morning +

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: good morning +

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 7th, 2018, 12:40 pm

scullion wrote:montbretia is a bit of a pernicious weed down here. Hard to dig up, hard to kill and invasive. It may look pretty for a little while but it competes everything else out of existence.
I can spare kilos of the corms!

I usually don't mind plants putting roots down in my garden uninvited, however I have to draw the line at montbretia, especially the 'wild' kind that I am currently waging war with .. Vinca Major is another immigrant that has escaped from next door's garden ! :scared: :td: Hibiscus is another matter altogether though ;) :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 8th, 2018, 7:10 am

Cool cloudy and bright here. Still hitting quite high temperatures around mid afternoon in this neck of the woods. 18 predicted today, 20, tomorrow. Still not got rid of my tomato plants, but knee a bit painful for physical labour, still.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 8th, 2018, 9:20 am

Good morning all :D

Sunny and mild with a milky sky ... think we're in for a warm day. OH has gone to work ... not usually one of his days but a colleague is on holiday and they've deliveries today and tomorrow so they need him in.

I've got a small load in the machine but otherwise we're up to date with laundry. Supper will be a sort of Pasta puttanesca but with added tomatoes to help use up the last of the one that have ripened indoors ... only a couple of pounds left .... so today will mainly be finishing off the jacket ... very pleased with the way it's looking so far :tu:

Have a lovely day folks :D
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 8th, 2018, 10:30 am

Good morning (just)
Cloudy but dry and warmish here too - forecast feature clouds with headlamps

Done all my laundry too Suffolk, including a wool wash which always makes me nervous. Everything has come out well though
Just some ironing left and various little errands to run.
Have a good day everyne
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » October 9th, 2018, 8:13 am

good morning, all.
sunny.
better get going or i'll be late for yoga - how lady of leisure does that sound‽ (the computer changed that to pleasure!).
see you later.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 9th, 2018, 8:20 am

Good morning
Sunny here too :)

Need to get on and be ready to pack

Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 9th, 2018, 9:06 am

A few other things happened which got in the way of completely finishing the jacket so that'll be today's 'job' :D

We're considering a takeaway this evening ... a brochure through the letterbox this morning says a new place has opened up within our range for free delivery and it offers 'traditional Chinese dishes' so we may try it out just for the heck of it.

Have a good day folks :D

Edited to say: Have just read some online reviews ... we will not be having a takeaway from there! :shock:

We may get one from elsewhere ... or OH says he may cook something ...
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » October 10th, 2018, 6:58 am

good morning, all.
darkish at the moment but the sun will be here soon (hopefully).
lovely and sunny yesterday - i left the washing out last night as, by the time we got home, it was damp again.
hopefully the fence will be finished today. it was delayed, yesterday, by a chat with a furniture maker and a rock.
i'm at the farm in an hour or so but will be holding posts straight later.
now, i need a coffee.
have a glorious day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » October 11th, 2018, 8:02 am

good morning, all.
wet cat. the prediction is for rain all morning and dry from about midday on.
we are off on a mission down the lizard this morning. it's a shame we don't have yesterday's weather.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 11th, 2018, 8:30 am

Hope the mission is successful and enjoyable Scully. My experience of the Lizard has been of almost invariable dampness ... with the exception of some lovely days at Coverack. :D

We're heading south to visit DD as she has a day off work while her car's in the garage having some bits and bobs done.

Have a lovely day folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » October 12th, 2018, 9:32 am

good morning, all.
it's a bit wet and windy out there to say the least.
i'm not going south just to get wet and wind swept - although it may be preferable as there is a ton of hswk to be avoided.
the trip down the lizard was very good - we learned what we needed and came back with some lumps of granite. the rain stopped before we got to helston and the sun came out. you have been unfortunate with your trips down there, suffolk; i can honestly say that i can't remember it raining when i've been - but then i suppose i can pick my day!
my promised coffee hasn't materialised yet.
have a cosy day everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 12th, 2018, 9:59 am

We still love the Lizard Scully ... the sunny spells more than make up for the sea frets and rain 8-)

Hope all hatches are well battened ... radio travel reports make it sound a bit grim down there as well as up in west Scotland.

Big casserole being made ... lots of it will be frozen ... the rest will be for supper tonight. Then I'm going in the studio.

Have a good day folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » October 12th, 2018, 10:46 am

It's been blowing a hooley all night here - my BIL's fence has been blown down - OH said it probably wasn't put up properly :lol:
Forecast is pretty grim for the next 48 hours so apart from going down to the front to see the waves with GS later, I will be snugging in for the duration.
We were near Helston last month for the funeral of a great friend - she missed her 90th birthday by just a couple of months. Her late husband's great grandfather was Borough Surveyor and suggested that the pond in Coronation Park in Helston be built. Both of them are scattered on the pond.
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby scullion » October 13th, 2018, 10:10 am

good morning, all.
it's still blowing with nearly sixty mile an hour gusts but is predicted to decrease soon-ish. it's still raining.
i didn't go out yesterday. i may have to go and see how many of the bramleys have been blown down - before the badger gets them - and collect up the chestnuts. we have actually got a descent crop this year - i think the squirrel may have bit the dust (hooray!).
my partner went out - the fence is still standing (another hooray).
we had my take on 'blue bar' nachos for dinner last night - it felt like cold weather comfort food.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » October 14th, 2018, 11:00 am

good morning, all.
we have some blue sky - and stillness (comparatively - i count ten mile an hour as still).
i am going to the interment of a friend, later this afternoon, followed by a visit to another who is very ill in hospital. one of those days.
we are supposed to take cake or scones to the former but as there is always more taken than can be eaten i'm thinking that i'll take a jar of jam to go with any scones taken - i would take cream, too, but there are a couple of judgemental (or should i say evangelical?) vegans who will be going.
they may have only been vegan for five years but they are still 'better' than someone who has been vegetarian for over fifty - oh well.
have a good day, everyone
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 14th, 2018, 11:54 am

May the saints preserve us :lol: from evangelism of all sorts .... especially at that sort of event Scully :rolleyes:
Best thoughts for your poorly friend.

It looks nice down your way ... the rain has reached East Anglia ... no wind, just the very wet penetrating sort of rain. I knew it was coming so went out earlier to pick chard and herbs for supper before it arrived :)

Apart from picking veg and peeling spuds I've been in the studio this morning ... now it needs to be left for a while, so knitting in front of whatever's on the telly is likely.

Have a lovely day folks. :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » October 15th, 2018, 9:03 am

good morning, all.
the sun is out.
a gate will be hung today.
i need to go shopping but i may leave that until tomorrow - we can always eat apples and chestnuts for a day!
have a good day, everyone
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 15th, 2018, 9:22 am

Good morning all :)

This morning is drear and damp ... everything is dripping.

OH has been to the shop for milk ... I could've sworn there was some in the garage fridge :rolleyes:

Have a good day folks :)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Previous

Return to The Coffee Shop