good morning +

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: good morning +

Postby StokeySue » November 13th, 2018, 10:12 am

Good morning.
We have sun again so I will walk to the builder’s merchant and buy a piece of plywood to be fitted to my doorstep tomorrow

The various things required for tomorrow should all arrive today, but at least the shelves are due between 16.00 and 19.00 and everything else will probably turn up around 11.30, as that’s when Royal Mail turns up

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 13th, 2018, 1:03 pm

Good after morning :D

I've been into the city on the bus for a dental check up ... no probs, a quick clean and polish then to the market fish stall for a crab and a few other bits and bobs and home again.

Hope everyone else is having a good day ... bright sunshine here if a bit nippier than of late.

Enjoy yourselves everyone :D
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 13th, 2018, 5:29 pm

I got back from the timber merchant a little before 3, and the shelves, due after 4 were in the porch. Excellent

I have everything I ordered except the light bulbs, and they will probably arrive tomorrow, when this place gets repaired
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » November 14th, 2018, 7:52 am

good morning, all.
the sun is only just above the horizon but is behind all the stuff in the way (ie. trees and land) at the moment. it's then predicted to be out all day - which is good, as the garage door will be fitted today.
off to the farm in an hour or so where i hope that one of the people i asked to turn the tiles, last week, has done it otherwise they will have to be dampened off again. if they aren't flipped while drying they curl up and don't lie flat.
have a glorious day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 14th, 2018, 8:08 am

The sunrise was a bit pink? But it looks like it's going to be nice today.
Lunch with colleagues today. We are going to try Terroni's on Clerkenwell Road (Italian deli.) Not done this before. Our favourite and stalwart, The Three Kings on Clerkenwell Green, has not been doing food for months due to a refit, and they told me not starting again now until the New Year :(
Will be packing tonight. Paris tomorrow! I don't know why I am nervous. It should be quite straight forward. I shall have Friday on my own then husband should be joining me from Germany.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 14th, 2018, 8:23 am

Good morning
We had a wonderful sunrise but it’s quite cloudy now

Today is the day the new handy man comes round to be handy. Nervous / looking forward
Among other things he will assemble the new TV bench, current one has done well for £8.99 from Ikea but it’s really too low for current set up, I end up crocking my neck

History club tonight

Enjoy Paris Herbi

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 14th, 2018, 9:22 am

StokeySue wrote:We had a wonderful sunrise

Yes, same here- it was stunning when I went to the gym first thing.

Herbi, have a fab time! :wave:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 14th, 2018, 10:55 am

Hello all :D

Good sunrise here too ... lots of pink 8-)
Resting my toe today ... apart from a bit of light cooking and sweeping etc ... OH has told me not to move the pots on the terrace as I had intended ... it's a bit slippy and he doesn't want to come home and find me sprawled out flat on my face (or on anything else either).

Enjoy Paris Herbi ... it's a bit special for OH et moi :luv:

Hope the handy man lives up to his name Sue :D

Hoping for flat tiles Scully :tu:

Enjoy your day folks :D

Have a lovely day folks
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 14th, 2018, 11:22 am

Thanks all! I should get there early evening tomorrow, and might nip over to the Bon Marche food hall (15 minutes walk away) for some provisions, as it opens till late on Thursdays :)

Aw Suffs :D My parents had a short second honeymoon there the year after they married - c. 1961. (First one was a weekend in the Bourton-on-the-Water!)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 15th, 2018, 8:09 am

Good morning. A bit overcaste here right now, but a glimmer of sun behind the clouds.

I think I am ready for my trip. I am in work this morning, then catching an early afternoon train.

The cats have been locked in. Basil has now stopped patting the doors and has been sitting like this for a good 15 minutes:

IMG_8359.JPG

(Will be getting those window frames painted soon...)

He is not best happy.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 15th, 2018, 8:41 am

What a sweetie Herbi!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 15th, 2018, 9:55 am

Good morning
I’m sure Basil will get over it Herbii, have a good time in Paris, I see sun is forecast for the weekend

Overcast but dry and bright here
I intend to make it to the backgammon evening I never get to tonight, after the handyman returns to fit the grab rail over the bath - he will return, all his tools are here
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » November 15th, 2018, 10:32 am

good morning, all.
sunny at the moment with a bit of a breeze. no rain predicted.
StokeySue wrote:the handyman [...] will return, all his tools are here

a friend of ours was building in some wardrobes for us, many moons ago. he left his tools in our bedroom and after a couple of days didn't turn up again - we waited and tried to get in touch but it turned out that he'd gone to india for a month. we got a another friend to finish the job.
i am waiting in, today, for the delivery of a sink. it was new, on eBay, and has saved me two thirds of the cheapest price i could find on the internet. happy bunny.
i will need to do a load of hswk while i wait. not happy bunny.
maybe a coffee will give the task a lift - i may have to make it myself as the coffilepathy doesn't seem to be working.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 15th, 2018, 10:58 am

Good morning all :D

Dry but overcast here ... I don't normally protect the Swiss chard over winter but when we had the Beast from the East I bought a mini polytunnel/cloche affair for the early lettuce ... we're forecast a very cold spell coming up and the chard is cropping really well at the moment so I've put it over them ... hopefully we'll get even more winter pickings than usual.

Must pop out to the PO and grab some bits and bobs from W'rose ... have a good day folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 15th, 2018, 11:01 am

Basil will indeed get over it, and he will be safe. And he will also keep me awake for two nights when I get back, and me extra beggy on the food front :D And then I am going away again in two weeks :o (I don't know what possessed me. And if I had gone to Germany the weekend after I could have missed the office party too! Sowieso...)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 15th, 2018, 5:06 pm

scullion wrote:i am waiting in, today, for the delivery of a sink. it was new, on eBay, and has saved me two thirds of the cheapest price i could find on the internet. happy bunny.

sink arrived broken by courier. very sad bunny.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 15th, 2018, 6:20 pm

:rolleyes: :cry: :cocktail: :cocktail:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » November 16th, 2018, 12:49 pm

good aftermorning, all.
overcast and breezy but dry.
not a great deal on today but as i bought ground almonds when i went shopping, the other day, a lemon polenta cake is whispering "make me".
thai green curry has been requested for dinner (the lidl 'vitasia' paste, that comes in on an asian special week and in a tub like mae ploy, doesn't contain shrimp).
i didn't get to gather the foxglove seeds, suffolk, however i will be lifting and potting up a few young plants that have decided to grow in one of my raised beds. i noticed them when i went to pick some green in snow and rocket last night. you should get flowers on them next year . remind me when you're down?
have a good afternoon, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 16th, 2018, 8:20 pm

Oh no, Scully! That’s awful. Will you get any compensation?
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 17th, 2018, 1:32 am

no, we got a refund from the vendor. unfortunately for them they have to follow it up and/or take the hit. we felt really bad for them.
there's another on eBay with no bids which would be even cheaper but it's in diss and collect only - which is rather a long way from us.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 17th, 2018, 8:31 am

Oh Scully ... so near and yet so far ... frustrating ...
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 17th, 2018, 8:48 am

Morning.

Had a really good day yesterday. Went to the Palais Garnier - Opera house- first to look around, it is really quite splendiferous. Best €11 I have spent in a long time :) Did a lot of walking in spite of using the Metro a lot. Chalked up about 15km according to phone. Managed to go to 3 ‘food halls’ and a Monoprix! (Partly to look for a specific mustard for cat sitter. It’s proving surprisingly hard to find.) and walked through the Jardins de Luxembourg (a favourite haunt) to get to Le Bon Marché which was nice.
Husband is here now. He’s very miserable. Brexit things are making his work is work a waking nightmare. Will have to make sure he is properly distracted.
The sun is out after yesterday’s mask of cloud :)

I hope everyone has a lovely Saturday!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 17th, 2018, 11:32 am

good morning, all.
overcast and breezy.
yes, shame, but that's life. the cheapest i've found for one, otherwise, is £120. which would make them the same sort of price if you consider the cost of car use if i drove up to collect it. oh well.
i made the polenta cake yesterday. i made a bit of a boo-boo on the amount of polenta so had to adjust up the other ingredients - i think i'll be giving half of the cake to the local young. i also made it very 'juicy' - it may be difficult removing their half from the springform bottom.
a discussion was had, last night, about the extra slice my partner had sneaked while making a drink in the evening. rather than the very skinny sliver he insisted he'd cut he had to finally admit (by his own, drawn estimation of the first slice i'd cut for him (and me) that the sneaky slice was at least equal to the first slice. i don't mind if he wants to eat cake but i do want him to be aware of the quantity - and point out that he will probably ask me not to make cake cos he'll just eat it - so i would then miss out. i am much better at willpower - cake would last a lot longer if he didn't have access to it.
maybe i should hide all the knives.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 17th, 2018, 12:18 pm

I find portioning and freezing cake can be a way of helping folk with weak willpower : ;) : if you can get at the cake before they’ve found it ... and if there’s enough room in the freezer ...

Im chuffed ... one of the places I get my knitting yarns has a one day online sale ... I’ve prdered enough for a jumper pattern that DD likes for a tenner delivered. Just as well ... OH’s jumper is nearly finished ...

Sun shining here ... OH is at work for the next several days solid ... Father Christmas arrives there tomorrow and that will cause a rush on kitchenware ... apparently ...

Have a nice day folks
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » November 17th, 2018, 1:40 pm

suffolk wrote:Just as well ... OH’s jumper is nearly finished ...

i could always find knitting for you - idle hands etc!

i have just bought the sink, plus waste kit, plus delivery for £130 - cheaper than i thought but not as cheap as the one which arrived broken.
scullion
Registered

Postby Amber » November 17th, 2018, 10:08 pm

Herbidacious wrote:Will have to make sure he is properly distracted.

Ooh La la ;) :D !
Amber
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 18th, 2018, 8:08 am

Ha ha amber! I don’t think that is going to work, but perhaps I should have tried... :)
He is very miserable and unfocussed. Kind of spoiling things a bit... :( it’s hard to be happy when the one you love is not...

We might go to Deux Magots (sp?) for breakfast/coffeee this morning, then I am not sure what. I need to set off for the station at about 2.30.

Ihope evryone’s day goes ok.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 18th, 2018, 8:47 am

good morning, all.
it's meant to be sunny all day but hasn't 'got it's hat on yet' (what a stupid line).
i'm off to a ceramics (and glass) meeting soon - so i won't see much of the sun. on the way i'll be dropping off cake and my partner - i think it may be obvious which will be consumed and which will be digging/crawling in a loft.
better go and put the kettle on as i'm running out of time - and heat up some leftovers for lunch.
have a glorious day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 18th, 2018, 8:59 am

A bright and sunny morning here ... we’ve been watching a small flock of starlings who’ve been grouping up and flying off then reappearing for the past hour of so .., not a bad way to pass the morning ... for them and us ... but we have the added perk of :mug: :mug:
Memories of watching morning sparrows having a dust bath by the Seine on a bright November morning ... bliss :luv: its the little things ....

Have a sunny day folks 8-)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 18th, 2018, 10:50 am

Good morning
Need to get it in this sun
Just some routine stuff to do, shopping and so on. Must plant a pack of tulips that are still hanging round
Quiet day today as quite busy this week

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » November 19th, 2018, 10:55 am

good morning, all.
the sun is coming out and a couple of loads of washing need to go on. i don't want them drying indoors if possible so i'd better get a move on.
nothing much else planned.
the talk and workshop, yesterday, was really good and very entertaining, it was this guy.
have a lovely day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 19th, 2018, 11:17 am

Good morning
We have rain clearing, probably just slowly enough that I will have to leave the house in waterproofs at 1 o’clock but won’t need them once I get off the bus

Lovely ceramics scully

Hospital appointment this afternoon, backgammon tonight

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 19th, 2018, 11:18 am

Good morning folks :D
Absolutely gooooooorgeous Scully :luv:
Smart meter engineer due here between 8-12 ... he/she has 45 mins. This is their second appointment ... they didn’t turn up last time .... if this is a repeat they won’t be getting another chance ....
It’s turned quite chilly here ... the heating has switched on. A little of the hedgehog food was eaten last night ... the first time for a few days ...
Enjoy your day folks :)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 19th, 2018, 11:41 am

Morning. Drizzly and quite breezy here. I am working from home today. Tree man is coming back to grind out the stump... Trying not to get distracted by my Paris pics (or the slightly clingy, but very happy cats.) I have philosophy to do.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 19th, 2018, 12:01 pm

No smart meter engineer has arrived .....steam is coming out of my ears ....
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 19th, 2018, 12:15 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I bet Suffs! That's SO annoying....
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 19th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Theyve had their chance ... they’ll have to wait now until it’s compulsory :twisted:

OH had cleared access in the garage twice for them now.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 19th, 2018, 1:28 pm

Oh no Suffs! Actually it's cause for celebration - you should get another £30!! When you consider that we are just two people in different parts of the country who have generated at least £90 worth of missed appointment payments (one of mine when I didn't have an appointment) it us somewhat worrying to think how our utility payments are being spent. You will remember that I am now waiting until it is compulsory. Meanwhile, I get text messages nearly every week saying that the meter fitters are in my area and I can just press a button to make an appointment. :evil:. You may have that joy to come.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » November 19th, 2018, 4:59 pm

StokeySue wrote:Must plant a pack of tulips that are still hanging round

I have just planted the last of my tulips ... I bought some white and an almost black kind. Then in a flash of inspiration, decided to use a largish, pale blue pot that I bought in the Summer - with an almost black heuchera, surrounded by white cyclamen and a silver grey spikey kind of plant and underplanted with the tulips.... then half way through this rambling story, realised I have put a picture and narrative on facebook :rolleyes: :oops: ;) :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 19th, 2018, 7:00 pm

eek I have loads (at least a hundred) to do. (Plus garlic.) This weekend perhaps.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 19th, 2018, 10:43 pm

I just saw we have snow forecast for tomorrow??!! And I have not mulched my artichokes yet! I wish I had noticed this earlier. I am farily confident that it won't snow though...

edit. Just nipped out an put some fleece 'jackets' on some of them. Not sure if I did it properly, as I couldn't find a torch. I brought the little one in doors.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 20th, 2018, 12:01 am

Wouldn’t be surprised if we had a few snow flurries, got in at 11.30; there was a bit of sleet that turned to rain as it got heavier
Felt very cold too :sball:
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » November 20th, 2018, 8:27 am

good morning, all.
the sun is coming out but it's rather chilly at the moment.
yoga this morning and a bit of vacuum wielding later.
nothing starts without a cup of coffee, though.
have a lovely day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 20th, 2018, 9:43 am

The forecast says lowest 3 degrees, feels like 0. Question is, does it feel like 0 to the artichoke plants?!

Dull and drizzly here.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 20th, 2018, 9:47 am

Good morning
Wet and quite dark here
Might try to tackle my email inbox, it seems to have got very full, probably just Black Friday promotions but I need to fire up the desktop and have a proper sort out
Got some laundry too
Not very exciting but more backgammon tonight I think

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » November 21st, 2018, 8:17 am

good morning, all.
the sun is making its way up by the look of it (it may be more obvious by the time i finish typing) and it's a bit chilly - according to the met it's 1°c out there at the moment.
off to the farm in a mo so i'd better get a wiggle on.
we (well prob my partner as i'll be working) also have a meeting with an electrician later, too.
need coffee.
have a cosy day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 21st, 2018, 9:52 am

Morning. Dull here buyt a glimmer of pinkish light on the horizon, which is odd given it's 9.51.
I came down with a cold yesterday - I must have sneezed over a 100 times - so at home today. Can't really afford the time off, but feeling very grotty and don't want to end up having more time off. I ought to do some writing... I think I am compos mentis enough for that.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 21st, 2018, 10:30 am

Bright sunshine here, but chilly ... please keep those germs to yourself Herbi :plink: ;) hope you're feeling better soon.
I've been busy already this morning and the car insurance renewal is sorted and the certificate printed :tu:
There's a load in the washing machine and some leftovers in the fridge to make supper if needed ... I have a meeting in the city this afternoon and not sure what time I'll be back.
Have a good day folks :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 21st, 2018, 10:51 am

Good morning
No great plans for today, and slept quite late
Will potter on slowly
Got laundry and ironing to do, was thinking of going shopping, but not sure I am in the mood. If I change my mind I can pop up to Tottenham Hale which is not far and doesn’t take long
Should have gone to bed earlier, not bouncing!
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 22nd, 2018, 9:08 am

Morning. Quite a frost outside this morning.

Hot water pressure down so only had a trickle of a shower. Wondering whether to call a boiler person in. Thames Water is not showing any issues in the immediate area. I guess I should ask neighbours first. I was going to go back into work, but still coldsome and headachy and this may need fixing. I shall ask if I can work from home (missed all the trains that will get be in at a decent time anyway) :shock: Been asking this too much lately.
Herbidacious
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop