good morning +

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: good morning +

Postby scullion » August 21st, 2019, 2:54 pm

good aftermorning, all.
sunny with a fresh breeze.
we had brunch down at the beach café - a treat of our son. then i had a trip into the city to chaperone a friend who had a pip appeal.
tonight we are back into town for a meal (care of the proceeds from a youtube vid) and tomorrow's treat, by the upcountry young, is a cream tea and play at enys gardens.
we will recover from the social whirl next week.
the beach was full of people, sat behind barriers, with their backs to the sea. people are funny! they might as well have had a load of sand delivered to their home and done the same thing there.
just because there are lifeguards it doesn't mean the parents should abrogate responsibility for the children.
have a good afternoon, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Seatallan » August 21st, 2019, 5:23 pm

Hope your friend's appeal was successful Scully :)

Bet friend appreciated having you there for moral support.
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby scullion » August 22nd, 2019, 8:48 am

good morning, all.
overcast at the moment but no prediction of rain and set more fair for this afternoon and evening.
she was successful. under the new rules, her mobility allowance, previously awarded for life, was going to be taken away. she only needed two points and they decided it was justified. she's treating me to lunch on saturday.
we are having a fusion breakfast - croissant, strawberry jam and clotted cream. i have been calling it a 'cream tea breakfast' but i suppose it should just be 'cream breakfast'. there seems to be less in the pot of cream than i previously thought - hmm - i wonder who that could have been! i may have to send him up to the village.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 22nd, 2019, 8:59 am

Bright and sunny today. 25 degree max forecast. But the next few days... summer is being reissued, probably a limited edition. 29 on Sunday! (Maybe.) Not sure that all that housework that needs doing will be done. It would be criminal not to make the most of the sunshine, wouldn't it?

Your cream tea breakfast sounds amazing, Scully :)

I am starving. Didn't have proper dinner last night. I may take myself out for lunch.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Seatallan » August 22nd, 2019, 12:24 pm

Glad the appeal was successful Scully. Did she get the daily living component too? I'm sure she's very happy to have the mobility component restored especially if she has a Blue Badge and/or Motability vehicle. :tu:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 23rd, 2019, 6:13 am

Good morning all :D

Great result Scully :tu:

Just such a shame that folk have to go through all that stress :rolleyes:
A quieter day planned today after two hectic ones ... but I need to make a hair appointment and also pop down to the Boots in the village to pick up my regular prescription ... I requested it be dispensed early as it was due while were in Cornwall ... they’ve obviously dispensed it very early :D

Have a good day all :D
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 23rd, 2019, 10:36 am

Sunny here. Temperature to go up to 26 by the end of the day. I am getting my hair cut early evening :shock: I think about 6 inches off. (I really don't like going to the hairdresser's hence the :shock: )

Last edited by Herbidacious on August 24th, 2019, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » August 24th, 2019, 8:43 am

Good morning, all.
Sunny with a bit of breeze.
I haven’t been to a hairdresser since 1995. I just get friends to cut mine. It turns out just as good and usually more like I want it and less like the hairdresser does.
Off to lunch at midday.
Went round to a friend’s, after the upcountry young headed off to the other side of their family, to fix her sewing machine. I had a text saying ‘help!’ the day before. Her sewing machine had gone clunk. It seemed to be running ok after a good clean and a little oil so helped make a few changes to a dess she was making and showed her how to use the machine to make buttonholes and use the blind hem stitch. Lunch was had out on her craft room balcony (oh to have a craft room!) then a walk with the dog in the woods. I couldn’t help dozing on the sofa when I got home. Fortunately dinner was a pre-made chilli.
Have a good and day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 24th, 2019, 9:25 am

Good morning all :D

It was over 28C in the garden yesterday ... goodness knows what it’ll get to today .... I’ve been out there watering early in preparation.

I’m expecting a quiet weekend reading in the shade in the garden ... DS is doing production stuff here https://www.mauiwauievents.co.uk/mauiwauifestival (a really brilliant festival like they used to be) and then he’s dashing to Ipswich to be sound engineer for part of the last night of Ed Sheeran’s ‘Homecoming’ as his friends won the competition to be the support act http://caswellofficial.com/

DD lives near to the park where ES is performing all weekend so she’s expecting to be unable to get onto the roads so she’s going to laze in her garden .... hope she does ... she works incredibly hard.

It’s all happening in Suffolk this weekend 8-)
Enjoy yourselves everyone :D
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 24th, 2019, 9:50 am

Cloudy start but pretty hot now already here. Forecast for 29 top temperature. Just put a load of washing out. Hopefully it will dry before the barbecues start. One more in the machine, another one (or two) to go. I have a huge backlog of household stuff to do having not been home for three consecutive weekends. Hoping to rest a bit too though this weekend. Last weekend really took it out of me.

Who is ES, Suffs?
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 24th, 2019, 10:02 am

Having spent the week in East Anglia I feel as though I have got Ed Sheeran coming out of my ears because of this weekend's concert! I didn't even know he was a Suffolk lad before that. I was avidly watching Look East each evening to see the series on farming filmed in the village where I grew up. I managed to catch yesterday's on i player from Wiltshire - they interviewed three generations and it was a delight to see the father of the family still going strong in his 90's, the first time I've seen him in over 50 years but instantly recognisable. Modern technology is a wonderful thing!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 24th, 2019, 10:09 am

ES = Ed Sheeran MBE ... probably the biggest popular music sensation this country has had since the last one ;) or possibly since the Beatles ...
Huuuuuuuuuge international star ... writes all his own stuff and writes for other acts too .., lives just down the road from my old home and went to my and DS’s old school ... not my sort of thing (nor DS’s but hey it’s paid work eh) and by all accounts a nice enough lad ... you may have seen his Heinz tomato ketchup ad on tv :lol:

He’s determined to spread his success around Suffolk ... Ipswich has had a bad image since the awful serial killings and he wants to perk it all up a bit so is performing for four nights in the most rundown area and has given local bands the opportunity to support him. He also gives loads of clothes and stuff to local charity shops and lets the local press know so that the fans can buy them and the charities can benefit.

He’s a bit naive but a good lad.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Sheeran
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 24th, 2019, 10:19 am

Ah sorry I didn't read your post properly. My ability to multitask is getting worse and worse. I do know who he is, of course. Hard not to ;)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 24th, 2019, 10:26 am

EM his song ‘Castle on the Hill’ is about where all us local youngsters played and ‘hung out’ , my generation, then my son and his mates, and then ES

https://genius.com/Ed-sheeran-castle-on-the-hill-lyrics

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Framlingham_Castle ... one of the UKs best castles and really quite unknown ... the scene of so many family picnics and romantic interludes ;)
Last edited by suffolk on August 24th, 2019, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 24th, 2019, 10:43 am

:luv: I have been there. The song seems very apt!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » August 25th, 2019, 7:42 am

Good morning, all.
Overcast at the moment. We had a short, unpredicted shower, last night - it may save me having to water today.
Nothing planned for today other than the cleaning of the extractor I bought while we were away. I will need to get some hamerite. I think some noonoo smothered it in oil rather than do a proper job.
Have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 25th, 2019, 10:31 am

Good morning all

Focaccia proving and beans and an almost marrow picked. It was still a small courgette yesterday ... that’s what watering does to them ... I’ll chunk it and roast with onions to go with our Barnsley chops tonight.

Now I really must see those buttons on ... but first I’ll pop upstairs and turn the blinds the other way to keep the afternoon sun out of our bedroom.

Have a lovely day folks :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » August 25th, 2019, 10:59 am

I taught Ed Sheeran’s stage manager the double bass, His name is Matt Caley and he lives up the road and was in my daughter’s class at school. Dad was a pretty good opera singer but has been struck down with MS. They are a lovely family.

https://www.instantencore.com/contribut ... Id=5028688
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby scullion » August 26th, 2019, 9:26 am

good morning, all.
bright with some cloud. we are being given full sun later.
if it had not been a bank holiday i would have phoned the dentist by now. the cherry stone incident is having further ramifications. i don't think i can wait for the appointment in october.
on a better note. it seems we have coffee elves. my partner said that he 'found' my cup of coffee in the kitchen. what treat should i put out for them in return‽
the sun will be cooking shakshouka for our dinner tonight.
our son will not.
have a grand day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Seatallan » August 26th, 2019, 11:37 am

Ouch Scully! Sounds like the dentist does indeed beckon... :hug:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 26th, 2019, 11:39 am

Good afternoon
Hot and sunny here, trying to raise the enthusiasm to go and find some food having been fed by a friend overs the weekend proper

I would assume that coffee elves subsist entirely on those little Lotus biscuits?

Hope the tooth holds up scullion

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » August 26th, 2019, 12:14 pm

We’re compromised By the Bank Holiday too. Our very elderly dog is going downhill rapidly. He’s 16 and has been getting thinner and thinner but is still eating and drinking well. The trouble is he is a lurcher and has very long legs and is finding standing up more and more difficult, I decided this morning the time has come but all our local vet practices use private companies over the weekend, nights and Bank Holiday at double or even treble the price. I need someone to come and euthanase him here, preferably the vet he knows. He’s not in any pain though as far as I can see although the hot weather isn’t helping. I hate it when this happens but all the usual “he’s had a good life” cliches apply.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 26th, 2019, 12:28 pm

That’s a shame PP, I remember a similar situation many years ag with Sam cat
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 26th, 2019, 12:55 pm

Oh PP :hug:. I hope you will be able to nurse and love him for another night then get the nice vet.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » August 26th, 2019, 4:29 pm

Awww, such a difficult decision PP ….and having met him, I know what a character he is … hopefully you can all hold on for another day :hug: :hug: :hug:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Seatallan » August 26th, 2019, 5:17 pm

So sorry PP- I do hope things go as smoothly as they can do.... :hug: :hug:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 26th, 2019, 5:46 pm

So sorry, PP :hug: :hug:
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Busybee » August 26th, 2019, 6:30 pm

So sorry PP, I hope you can all hold on another day. :hug: :hug:

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 27th, 2019, 7:25 am

Morning. Very pleasant outside. We are promised 33 today. Nothing planned today, other than work, and I aim to try and keep it that way. (Was still wake at 4am this morning.) Keeping fingers crossed that dinosaur expert gets back to me with not too many changed needed...

I hope everyone's day goes as well as it can do.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » August 27th, 2019, 8:17 am

good morning, all.
bit of sun, bit of cloud.
i have an emergency appointment at lunchtime. i could go to yoga beforehand but i don't think it would be distracting enough. if there's one thing i don't need, it's to sit and think how (that bit of) my body feels at the moment!
i think my partner has put bread out in the garden to cook. he may be lucky and get enough sun but it may take a little longer than usual.
have the best possible day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 27th, 2019, 8:38 am

Good morning
He’d definitely have enough sun here scully! Day 3 of the mini heat wave

Hope the dentist can sort things out easily, and you are restored to normal

Hope PP and dog manage to see the splendid vet for the best possible outcome. :hug:

Just a day of doing ordinary stuff here, have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » August 27th, 2019, 11:26 am

dentist phoned up to offer me a quarter past ten apt. xrays taken, money paid but nothing else. it's a case of wait and see. meanwhile it will, probably, continue to be cocodamol for supper.
scullion
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » August 27th, 2019, 5:32 pm

I am just back from the vet’s. We decided that I would take Ozzie in the back of the car. He was up for it too. Younger son and I cuddled him at the end which was very quick. And now of course we feel like murderers. And yes it was the right thing.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 27th, 2019, 5:39 pm

Pepper Pig, sorry it had to be done, but seems it went as well as it could. Good that your son was with you :hug: :hug: :hug:
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby slimpersoninside » August 27th, 2019, 6:24 pm

Sorry Pepper. It's a horrible thing to have to do even though we know it's the right thing to do. Hope you and son feel better about it soon :hug: .
slimpersoninside
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 27th, 2019, 6:32 pm

So glad you got that last night together. I think there's a nice party going on in doggie heaven tonight. :hug: :hug: :hug:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 27th, 2019, 7:31 pm

Oh, pp. :hug: :hug:
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » August 27th, 2019, 8:06 pm

Thanks all, much appreciated. I lost it when my son had left the surgery to go to football and a chap with a cat in the waiting room who was listening to me and the receptionist started welling up.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Busybee » August 27th, 2019, 9:11 pm

PP :hug:

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby Seatallan » August 28th, 2019, 12:00 pm

Oh PP....it's such a hard, hard thing to do no matter how right it is...so sorry.... :hug:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby miss mouse » August 28th, 2019, 12:41 pm

scullion wrote: meanwhile it will, probably, continue to be cocodamol for supper.

scullion, chew a clove, it sounds silly but does work. Oil of cloves is used in fillings.

Pepper Pig wrote:And now of course we feel like murderers. And yes it was the right thing.

We felt just the same when we took the cat on his last trip. Awful as it is it is the right thing to do.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 28th, 2019, 1:11 pm

Good afternoon

My sympathy PP ... it’s a difficult but very loving decision ... one I’ve taken a few times now ... it never gets any easier. :(

I’ve collected the car .. the bill was slightly less than the quote 8-)

I’ve just made a fish pie for supper ... some fish pie mix plus prawns from the market ... a creamy parsley sauce made from the poaching milk and a topping of buttery Desiree mash. I do like a good fish pie. :chops:

Now I’ll find the knitting ...

Have a good day all :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 28th, 2019, 2:11 pm

The last time I had a tooth out, I was given oil of cloves by the dentist. Unfortunately, applying it, as directed, resulted in burning agony, so use with caution. I have never liked cloves...

I made my first batch of roast tomato sauce (well roasted the tomatoes at any rate - still needs to go through the press thing,) last night. Also discovered four olives on my tree :) Second time in 19 years of ownership, lalthough it flowers a lot every year. Maybe it's because I was dicussing potting it on...

Work is going slowly today. I am so very sleepy in spite of a surprisingly good night's sleep. I suppose it's a bit close outside. I must focus.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby smitch » August 28th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Pepper Pig wrote:Thanks all, much appreciated. I lost it when my son had left the surgery to go to football and a chap with a cat in the waiting room who was listening to me and the receptionist started welling up.

I remember last summer when we lost one of our guinea pigs then had to have our elderly rat put to sleep within a week of each other. In fact, the day we had the rat PTS, we were also collecting the guinea pig's ashes. We know the everyone at the vets really well as we're there a lot- one of the receptionists put her call on hold to say how sorry she was about Boris (the guinea pig, he was a staff favourite) and I just lost it. The other receptionist plus the lovely nurse who was helping us were also in floods of tears and I was shown into one of the consultation rooms to get my composure back. Was an awful situation but everyone there was so nice and kind.

It is never an easy decision even when it is the right thing to do. Hope you're feeling a bit better today :hug:
smitch
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » August 28th, 2019, 2:55 pm

so sorry to read this PP, never an easy time :hug: :hug: :hug:

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » August 28th, 2019, 3:12 pm

Thanks all. Had another little weep when I saw my son’s Instagram post this morning. (If you do Insta he’s josh_snap). It must have been so hard for him too but he was very brave.

Not sure how much OH has taken in. He hasn’t asked about Ozzie so I suppose that exempts endless explaining.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby scullion » August 29th, 2019, 9:17 am

good morning, all.
sunny at the moment. it deluged yesterday morning and was bright by the evening.
it's never easy doing the right thing by your pet, even though you know it is for their best you still feel guilt.
was at the farm yesterday although most of the time was spent out in the minibus with my group between the farm and a friend of mine's near helston to pick up some glaze/pottery stuff.
nothing planned although i have to get some shopping, sometime.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 30th, 2019, 7:36 am

Morning. A pleasant, bright, if rather cloudy one.

I am off to Brussels later. A little nervous (as I always am when travelling - especially on my own) but not too bad.

Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Oat » August 30th, 2019, 8:24 am

Morning everyone
Sat in the caravan in a field in Jedburgh, pouring down and very windy, but the heating is on and the view is lovely and I have :mug: Think we will stay in :D .
Oat
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 30th, 2019, 8:53 am

Good morning

Enjoy Brussels Herbi ... an interesting place ... I prefer Bruges ... more ‘intimate’ and I love the canals and architecture ... but Brussels is livelier :D

Enjoy the view Oat 8-)

I’ve found some ‘old’ birthday vouchers :shock: I shall head down to TKMaxx ... I could do with a new ‘everyday handbag’ of some description. Then I shall collect my prescription and do a quick shop at Wrose. Home for lunch then catch the bus into the city to go to the market for meat, fruit and veg and get a haircut
... its all go here :lol:

Have a good day all :wave:
Last edited by suffolk on August 30th, 2019, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
suffolk
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop