good morning +

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: good morning +

Postby Herbidacious » August 30th, 2019, 9:43 am

I need to go back to Bruges, Suffs. I didn't really enjoy it, but it was right at the end of the holiday, last time. (First time was on a coach day trip from Oxford in the '90s, so, having been up since 4am, I was too zomboid to appreciate, or indeed even remember it much.) Marseilles once suffered a similar end of holiday, not happy, fate.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 30th, 2019, 9:45 am

Good morning
Up with the lark (well, by my standards), some ironing done, been and had my hooves trimmed

Bit more ironing, then packing and off for the weekend

Have a good trip Herbi and a good weekend everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 30th, 2019, 9:59 am

thanks!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » August 30th, 2019, 11:21 am

good morning, all.
overcast and a little ominous at the moment but we are predicted sun later.
i've been out in the garden stripping the unnecessary bits from the tomato plants to let air and sun in. my own fault - i planted them too close together in a bed with lots of worm compost in. they produced rather a lot of leaf.
off shopping in a little while.
have a good afternoon, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 30th, 2019, 6:55 pm

:)

F9667D5B-7571-45D6-B689-DD699D109AD0.jpeg
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 30th, 2019, 7:17 pm

:lol:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » August 31st, 2019, 8:28 am

Good morning :wave: Surely I can't be the only one awake at this time of day ;) I usually wake about 6.30 but stay in bed until about 8 .. I am currently tip-toeing around daughter (who is staying with me at the moment) and who is sooooooo grumpy in the mornings .. I know she is under a lot of stress at the moment with her dad's funeral getting closer and the ongoing problem with the flooding in her flat (still not being addressed by the council !!! :evil: ), but I am learning just to keep quiet and say nothing :rolleyes: :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 31st, 2019, 8:34 am

Good morning
Up and eaten a hotel breakfast:)

Wind is getting up here in Warwickshire but will be indoors playing most of the day

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 31st, 2019, 8:55 am

Very wise Pat! Baby books should warn us that the joys of motherhood bound back like a continual boomerang for life :lol: :lol: :lol:. (love 'em really!).

Hope you do well today Sue!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » August 31st, 2019, 8:57 am

good morning, all.
overcast and damp.
off to st austell in a little while. the computer changed it to st austere - pretty observant of it!
maybe it isn't the taste of brussels that people dislike but the fact that they appear like that to them.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 31st, 2019, 9:05 am

Good morning all :D

Just regaling OH with a verbatim account of the Jeremy Vine interview yesterday lunchtime with a Twitcher called Dick who was talking about the sighting of a rare Brown Booby in St Ives Bay ... radio gold ... I was driving when I heard it ... priceless. :lol:

I bought myself a lovely new leather bag yesterday with some old birthday vouchers ... I’m not normally a ‘posh handbag’ sort of person and this is the most expensive bag I’ve ever owned but a real classic saddlebag style tan leather ... love it. Just going to apply some of the Belvoir leather balsam that I use on the big leather pouffes ... it’ll protect the surface from greasy fingers etc and keep it soft. Very chuffed 8-)

Enjoy your weekend folks :D
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 31st, 2019, 11:05 am

I was awake at 7 Brussels time but didn’t get up till 8. Currently sitting having a drink in order to charge my phone. Quite important as forgot to bring ticket print outs.

Contemplating what to do next. I have about three hours left.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » August 31st, 2019, 7:44 pm

suffolk wrote:Just regaling OH with a verbatim account of the Jeremy Vine interview yesterday lunchtime with a Twitcher called Dick who was talking about the sighting of a rare Brown Booby in St Ives Bay ... radio gold ... I was driving when I heard it ... priceless.

My birdie daughter says that the last part of this is true ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 31st, 2019, 9:44 pm

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » September 1st, 2019, 8:01 am

Morning. Been up since 7.45. V tired but I suppose very quickly went onto Belgian time.

I had a good day, I think. Not very happy with photos, though :shock: Would like to go back with a bit more time and some company.

Nice out today, here. Bright but a bit cloudy. No plans beyond food shopping and eating lunch (and anap.)

I hope everyone has a good day.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » September 1st, 2019, 9:47 am

good morning, all.
sunny.
my partner is on bread duty. one of them will be black olive and sun-dried tomato.
off to a meeting this afternoon and a training day, tomorrow; i may have to spend both standing up - it lessens the pain.
have a glorious day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 1st, 2019, 10:47 am

Good morning
A nice sunny day in Royal Leamington Spa
Lost a match already, but it was fun, next competition starts at noon

Not necessarily looking forward to the journey home later

Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 1st, 2019, 12:17 pm

Good after-noon all

An ‘interesting’ morning (see Cbox) ... and I managed to fit in a bit of studio time ... now I’ve had lunch ... chatted to DD and prepped supper.

Now for a quieter afternoon ... holding down the sofa with some knitting.

Have a good afternoon all
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » September 2nd, 2019, 7:16 am

You did have an 'interesting' morning, Suffs. Hopefully the little boy is back home now.

Teh bread soudns nice, Scullion.

Sue I hope the journey wasn't too bad. Sunday train travel is not the best, assuming you are training it. Engineering works this weekend too?

Bright and I suspect a bit chilly this morning. Fine autumnal weather if you are ready for autumn... :)

Not much planned today other than work. Good as it was a struggle to get up and rather tired. I should be working from home tomorrow though as I am expecting a delivery of a chair of dubious taste.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 2nd, 2019, 8:21 am

SCULLY SAYS Good morning!

She’s not able to sign in at the moment as she’s getting the ‘banned due to your IP address’ message .... Ive alerted the Mods etc and hopefully it’ll be sorted soon ... in the meantime, she’s not ignoring us. Hope she’s not having to fill the time up with h*sewk :shock:
Last edited by suffolk on September 2nd, 2019, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » September 3rd, 2019, 6:56 am

Morning. Dull and grey here. I am working from home, so could have had a bit of a lie in, but of course woke up at 5.45 and couldn't get back to sleep (really upsetting dream.) So early start and maybe early knocking off, although I am never sure if I am really allowed to do this, and there is always the danger that if I nip up for a nap at 4, I will get an email from my manager.

I am having a chair delivered.

Will try to fit in a few household/garden bits and bobs in my breaks. It usually works out well.

Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » September 3rd, 2019, 7:52 am

Good morning, all.
Sunny-ish.
Yoga followed by a quick walk down to the dentist to see if they can squeeze me in again. Popping pills for another month and a half isn’t my idea of fun.
Better shift.
Have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 3rd, 2019, 11:07 am

Good after-morning .... just

I'm back from the garage ... again .... the car needs a bit more money spending on it .... again .... the fan won't work ... it won't blow any cool (or hot) air at me or at the windscreen .... Grrrrrr ... it's reached the stage in it's life where it's not really worth spending money on it ... I had planned to replace it in the spring ... that may have to happen sooner rather than later, but I'll have to get this fixed as there's not time to sort out another car before we drive down to Cornwall ... :rolleyes: that's not something to rush. Anyway, it's going into the garage on Thursday morning to be mended ... then it'll get a stern talking to :whip2:

DS says he knows someone who might be interested in it 'cos he needs a car with a huge boot for carting his big bass drum about ... one thing my car has is a huge boot ...

Hope everone's had a better morning and that the day improves for all of us ...
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 3rd, 2019, 11:32 am

Good morning
Herbi, journey to and from Leamington on Chiltern rail was fine, 1h 19m each way only a minute or two off. The only thing is Chiltern don’t have luggage stowage apart from overhead racks, I didn’t think my case would fit (though I later saw cases the same size up there) and I didn’t fancy lifting it myself. Then I got on the Overground to come home and there were proper luggage racks, :?

Sometimes Suffolk I’m happy not to have to bother with motor vehicles any more

Good luck with the dentist scullion

Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » September 4th, 2019, 7:47 am

Glad your jounrrney was ok, Sue. It always takes about an hour longer coming back from Sheffield on a Sunday. Urgh. I will have to be going up again in a fortnight.

Damp and dull here this morming. It's been raining. Basil came in rather wet having meowed at me and scratched my nose wanting to get out at 6.45. (I rolled over.)

Optician's today. I feel my eyesight has deterioriated. -10, here I come? Near vision has also got worse, although having the myopia corrected properly does seem to help that.

I should cook tonight. I have not cooked properly for ages. Not sure what though. I found a comedy courgette - marrow sized - yesterday (how could I have missed it? The foliage of the plant is no longer really in the pot and it was a bit camouflaged, I suppose.) but not sure if it will be nice. It's not what I fancy anyway really.

Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » September 4th, 2019, 9:25 am

good morning, all.
sunny at the moment.
as it poured last night i won't have to do any watering.
dentist at midday. i'll be popping pills at eleven thirty so i can actually open my mouth.
it seems that our childhood of cracking hazelnuts with our teeth may have taken its toll - my brother is at the dentist today, too, with a similar problem although he adds the uncapping of beer bottles with his teeth, when young, as a contributing factor. sibling rivalry has some long term effects!
my list of 'don'ts' concerning teeth now includes:
putting un-stoned cherries in your mouth,
biting threads rather than finding scissors,
nut cracking,
bottle opening,
eating sweets and potato (in all its guises) without brushing your teeth shortly after,
i'm discounting the more accidental insults that can't be foreseen.
i think it may be too late for taking my own advice!
have a good day, everyone
scullion
Registered

Postby Seatallan » September 4th, 2019, 9:43 am

Oh Scully, I do hope you feel better later.... :hug:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 4th, 2019, 9:48 am

Good morning all

Hoping to hear that you're painfree very soon Scully :hug: :plink:

The drizzle has stopped and the sun has come out ... I've been Live Chatting with the lovely Aspects staff as the Arrival Details for our holiday seem to be unavailable on our account ... she's popping a hard copy in the post and sorting out the IT bods. She has also waved a magic wand and says that the weather will be warm and sunny in Cornwall from 20th onwards :bounce:

Right ... it's a cooking day .... see you later .... have a good day all
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 4th, 2019, 9:52 am

Good morning
We’ve had rain too
No great plans for today, which is as well as I’ve got a cold, so will chunter on slowly

Good luck with the dentist scullion
Had a reminder that I’m due a visit to mine soon, but no obvious problems, touch wood. A crack in an incisor that had been there since I felt off a pony nearly 50 years earlier finally gave way a couple of years back and had to be crowned

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » September 4th, 2019, 1:58 pm

i am sort of pain free at the moment, thank goodness, but that may be partly from the fact that my jaw is still numb.
my fifteen minute emergency apt lasted about an hour. i am drilled, temporarily dressed, given antibiotics and an appointment for root canal treatment.
i'm pretty sure that this is the first lot of antibiotics i will have taken since 1982 - and only now because an infection in a bone is pretty tenacious and i don't want to go there.
i may take time out to have a nap while the face is still numb!
scullion
Registered

Postby Gruney » September 4th, 2019, 2:08 pm

You may well feel drowsy for as long as you are taking the antibiotics - I certainly did when I had a similar problem.
Gruney
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 4th, 2019, 2:12 pm

Oooooh Scully :hug:
Get well soon xx
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » September 4th, 2019, 5:07 pm

At least you're on the way to being pain-free Scully. Take care of yourself... :hug:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby scullion » September 4th, 2019, 5:48 pm

Gruney wrote:You may well feel drowsy for as long as you are taking the antibiotics - I certainly did when I had a similar problem.

i hadn't started taking them then, the need for a nap was due to not having a good night's sleep for a few days!
a half hour didn't make much of a dent, unfortunately.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » September 5th, 2019, 9:01 am

good morning, all.
sunny. the first loaf of bread has just gone outside.
nothing planned for today.
our son has taken a lease on a studio 'flat' in north kensington. it's little over the size of our living room and is extortionately expensive - at least four times his mortgage down here and eight hundred times the price i was paying for a flat share in a posh part of kensington forty years ago. barmy.
hopefully the face will feel better later today. i'm convincing myself that it's already heading that way even though it woke me up at half five.
the coffee elves are still good housemates.
have a grand day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » September 6th, 2019, 7:15 am

Morning.

Feels a bit chilly this morning and weather forecast says not higher than 17 today and some rain. Will probably be needing a jacket/light coat today and might have to contemplate tights soon :( Will certainly be putting strappy tops away for winter bar a few or Lisbon (just in case it's warm enough to need them.)

Not enough sleep last night, but trusty warm milk (and nutmeg) seemd to do the trick in the end c.2.30am.

Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 6th, 2019, 9:06 am

Good morning
Walked to Islington along the New River path yesterday, and the wooded section definitely had that lovely nutty autumnal smell.

Feels quite chilly today. Will have to do some stuff soon to keep warm!

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » September 6th, 2019, 10:42 am

good morning, all.
overcast and breezy.
glad i got some washing done yesterday - and my partner cooked enough bread to last a couple of days, until the next lot of forecast sun - if the bread lasts that long.
not a lot happening today.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » September 7th, 2019, 8:46 am

good morning, all.
sunny at the moment.
indoor tomato ripening is in process. i am taking them off the plants as they begin to change colour to give the others a chance.
other than possible dinner at our son's tonight (or tomorrow) there's nothing planned - apart from going up to the village to get milk. my coffee is rather devoid of it, this morning.
the forecast has just changed to say that we've got 50% chance of rain in an hour or so - i blame the butterflies!
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 7th, 2019, 11:40 am

Good morning all ...

Temperatures here are promised to be back up in the mid 20s next week so I'll leave the toms where they are at the moment ... I'll get them indoors the following week so they can ripen while we're away.

There have been rather a lot of butterflies around this year ... you may well be onto something Scully ;)

Have a good day all :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » September 8th, 2019, 9:07 am

good morning, all.
sunny, bread baking day.
the chilli at our son's, last night, was gorgeous. it contained a quarter of a carolina reaper, the rest of it was chopped into sour cream - nice. as well as the heat there's an amazing amount of flavour in the 'reaper'. i have come home with the few seeds that were in the fruit for next year.
have a lazy sunday, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 8th, 2019, 9:24 am

Good morning all ... that chilli sounds good :chops:

We have a sunny morning with white fluffies ...a bit chilly but ‘they're’ promising warmer weather to come.

I know we’ve not had this year’s holiday yet but this morning we booked another week in Cornwall for the beginning of June... 8-)

I’ve also been out and chopped back the waving branches of the grapevine and made a casserole to pop in the oven this afternoon.

Now I’ll catch up with the Archers while I sew on some buttons :D

Have a good Sunday everyone :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby Gruney » September 8th, 2019, 9:38 am

I'm just off for a walk on the Common - daughter's visiting this afternoon to bring my birthday present - I'll be making something not too tricky with salmon fillets. https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s ... ction=view I'm away next month, for a fortnight on Skye - I've been many times before, and am really looking forward to it.
Gruney
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 8th, 2019, 9:44 am

Oh Gruney do have a lovely time ... give our love to Skye and bring lots of photos back :D
We’re off to Cornwall in 12 days :bounce:
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 8th, 2019, 10:02 am

Good morning
Quite sunny here today, so far
I did quite a good walk round the wetlands centre yesterday, so might do a bit less today, was lovely late afternoon early evening
Off to Yorkshire next weekend, rain threatened. Looks like we have some good trips coming up
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Busybee » September 8th, 2019, 12:26 pm

Sue, is this your trip to Scarborough?

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 8th, 2019, 12:34 pm

Yes, we are all booked - house to share, 3 restaurants for the 3 nights starting with East Coast Diner for Friday food

Might need suggestions for wet weather activities, have some suggested walks
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » September 8th, 2019, 12:42 pm

There’s quite a good museum here if you like steam engines and old fashioned organs. It’s on a caravan park and looks very unlikely but is tremendous fun,

https://www.scarboroughfaircollection.com/
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » September 8th, 2019, 12:43 pm

For walks Bempton Cliffs to Filey is fab. (Finishing with fish and chips at Ingham’s).
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » September 9th, 2019, 7:49 am

Ooh I would so like to go to the East Cost. Had all my childhood holidays in Scarborough or Bridlington.
My mother's next door neighbours regularly go on day trips to Bridlington from Sheffield. It used to be treated like a mammoth expedition when we went, taking 3 hours to get htere :) My mother never driving over 50 mph, and a stop off at the Little Chef.
I hope the weather's not too bad. I have a freind who used to camp near n Bridlington in November... but she is a northerner ;) (made of hard stuff!)

Dull, grey and cold here with rain forecast today. Shooting on high road and lots of streets blocked off.

Off to a talk at the Conway Hall this evening.

I hope everyone's day goes well.
Herbidacious
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop