good morning +

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: good morning +

Postby Herbidacious » November 12th, 2019, 8:07 am

Same again this morming. I thought itw was rather cold though yesterday. I need to find my bag of scarves and gloves.

I am off to the Charterhouse Christmas fair at lunchtime today. I went yesterday, and really enjoyed it. Quite small, no tat, and you get to see bits of Charterhouse that you usually need to go on a tour to see (I think.)

I hope everyone has a good day.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 12th, 2019, 8:24 am

good morning, all.
overcast but bright with a promise of some sun later - and no rain for the rest of the day (there was a little earlier) - yippee!
after being lazy last week i'm going to yoga today - and we need some fruit but we will just have to have apples from the shed because i don't fancy going shopping today.
we have a new router. it works on a sim card. we are dispensing with our land line and internet provider as it is unreliable in wet and windy weather and the only calls we get on our landline now are from kevin, who insists he's not in india, and a woman who tells us that our computers have a virus - oh yes, and the dentist to remind us of our appointments. the latter will be notified.
the forecast for less than 5% chance of rain has just been proved inaccurate - they've already started getting it wrong for the day.
have a good day, everyone.

have you tried cutting yourself off mid sentence, herbi? i resorted to that, too. you can't do it that often and you have to do it while you are speaking otherwise it could be construed that you could have done it (nobody would dream of cutting themselves off when they'd actually got the chance to talk, surely!). or the excuse of breaking up if you use a mobile?
it was strange that my mother's calls were always much shorter when she phoned me and interminably long when it was our bill.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 12th, 2019, 8:33 am

She'd ring me back. She is always cutting herself off mid sentence by pressing the wrong button :) I don't think I could bring myself to do it anyway. I do fear she is deteriorating. The egocentrcity is getting extreme, but so is the repetition. Essentially, I had the same 'conversation' twice, last night, more or less in the same order. Poor mummy. Maybe it's (partly) because she is stressed. (She had to make four phone calls yesterday, and has the dentist coming and someone to give her a flu jab coming today...!) I fear this Friday will not be fun, but we shall see. Sometimes when one fears the worst, it's not so bad.

Last night I cooked while I had her on the phone, as you suggested, Scullion. A quite nice veg sausage, butter bean and various vegetables that needed eating up casserole, with red wine and dumplings resulted.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 12th, 2019, 8:41 am

good, maybe she'll get the idea that you have things you have to do other than just sitting and talking to her, - and it possibly lessens the stress of the conversation if you're partially distracted?

ps. i envy your trip to the charterhouse.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 12th, 2019, 8:44 am

She won't notice. I am usually on the computer when we are on the phone anyway. I don't want to offend or upset her.
I could tell her I am not going to ring every night, but I think she needs me to. There is a natural cut off point insofar that I ring her when I get home at 6.30ish and her carers usually arrive at 7.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 12th, 2019, 8:46 am

p.s. I won't be cooking like this very regularly! Was still after 7.30 before I got to sit down. Husband ate about half of it so not enough for both of us tonight :o
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 12th, 2019, 8:54 am

i think you may be a better daughter than i was. my mother definitely didn't get a call every day - i think even she would have run out of things to say!
scullion
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 12th, 2019, 12:11 pm

It is always difficult dealing with aging parents.
My mother god bless her was the nicest person you could wish to meet
Sadly she suffered terribly with rheumatoid arthritis and spent many years in pain but never once moaned about is orsaid "why me"
Towards the end she developed dementia &b would call me at 2.00-3.00 o'clock in the morning & say she needed me urgently,
I would race over in my car to find her sitting up in bed & she would show me a newspaper article & say "read this it is ever so interesting.
I hadn't the heart to tell her off after all the love & care I received over many years
R.I.P,mum :hug: :hug:

On a happier note I made my hibernation hotel today, weather proofed it & put in a store of peanuts.
I would love it if a Hedgehog took up residence but unlikely as I have not seen one in years, sadly I think they will be extinct in the UK within 10 year's
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby scullion » November 12th, 2019, 1:27 pm

hickybank wrote:My mother god bless her was the nicest person you could wish to meet

so was my mum, to other people and my brother.
fortunately my brother (and other members of the family) saw the way she treated me and stood up for me on all fronts.
while were were on holiday, a few years before she died, she was absolutely shocking towards me, in front of some people to whom she had been the 'sweet-old-lady' shortly before. my brother whisked her away to her room saying it was time for bed while i stayed to have a bit of peace, to read my book and finish my drink (she even, stroppily, asked me why i wasn't going to bed, too, while she was being wheeled away). the other people came up to commiserate with me and check that i was ok. i had to point out that i was used to it and i was fine.
there are so many instances of her favouritism towards my brother and spite towards me that i realised a long time ago that some of us are just not the child our mothers wanted - which also works vise versa. i'm fine with that - when i think about it i feel a bit sad for her but i don't feel guilty and i don't miss her in the way that many miss their mothers.
i have a wonderful brother so she did something right!
scullion
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 12th, 2019, 2:00 pm

That sad Scully, in must have been worse when you were younger, as we get older we are perhaps although not always able to cope better with this kind behavior.
It's good you have brother who understands what you had to you up with & gives you the sort of love we all need.
I am not very good at writing this sort of thing, ( perhaps because I am a bloke) but I hope you can see where I am coming from :hug:
hickybank
Registered

Postby scullion » November 12th, 2019, 2:17 pm

yes, of course i can, no worries
- but when you are young it's what you are used to and seems the norm. it's only in comparison to others, as you get older, that you can see the injustice - and then realise it was never, really, your fault but her problem - and she may have lost out more than i did, in the end. (my dad was lovely, we got on swimmingly).
i cuddle my children, tell them i love them and they know they are both my favourite - and they never get a guilt trip if/when they phone - the lesson was learned young.
scullion
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 12th, 2019, 3:33 pm

This has made me think back to when I was younger, my Gran was always nasty to my mum & none of us liked her.
It was only later in life when I thought about it that there may have been a reason for this.
My gran had 4 sons & lost 2 of them in the second world war.
The second one died after peace was declared & he was waiting to be shipped home, he was a Chindit & had survived all the horror's of the Burma campaign.
I think now, how could anyone cope with such a loss & in those circumstances, so perhaps forgiveness is in order here
hickybank
Registered

Postby scullion » November 12th, 2019, 4:35 pm

hickybank wrote:my Gran was always nasty to my mum

why not to her remaining sons though? i think it could be that girls have more prominent guilt buttons than boys and mothers, from their own experience, know how to press them.
i think insight, self evaluation and behaviour modification are more useful than the need for forgiveness but those are probably a little more active and challenging for someone than, passively, hoping for/expecting forgiveness.
i hope i've succeeded, i have, on occasions, asked the kids for feedback!
scullion
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 12th, 2019, 4:58 pm

The other thing is that it's nearly always easier to 'do' other people's mums than it is your own. My two best friends both had extremely demanding mothers (one is still extant albeit doolally- friend, sadly, is no longer with us) but they were sweet as pie with me (and other friends of the friends). As has been said, they can appear to be harmless elderly ladies to people outside the family but get them on the phone to their daughters and they turn into Beelzebub.

It is often the daughters who bear the brunt, though we do have one friend whose mother (an undiagnosed alcoholic for much of her life) was fine with her two younger children (a son and daughter) but positively vindictive to the elder two (our friend- a bloke- and his eldest sister).
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 12th, 2019, 6:47 pm

My only thought & it is just a thought was, that as she had lost 2 sons in the war 'she looked on my mum as taking another away from her,although they did get married the year before war broke out, her other son never married
hickybank
Registered

Postby scullion » November 12th, 2019, 7:12 pm

ahh, daughter in law, there you go. they are rarely, if ever, good enough for the mothers of boys. my sister in law was always despised.
(possibly) fortunately i have never had a mother in law.
we were, however, really sad when our son and his long term partner split up this year - she is lovely.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 12th, 2019, 7:38 pm

My paternal grandma was horrid to my mother too. And she didn't like me much because she decided I was like my mother. She used to egg my sister on to be unkind to me. Silly woman. I hardened myself to it and her to protect myself, so she simply missed out on a loving grandchild.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 13th, 2019, 8:21 am

Morning. Bright and business like again.

Will be researching time travel at work today :)

Meeting friend, whom I have not seen for about 7 years, for dinner tonight. She was my flat mate in Oxford for two years (we were put together by the college, but it worked.) and is now an English lecturer at the univeristy in her home town, Athens. I am a little nervous.

I hope everyone has a good day
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 14th, 2019, 10:57 am

good morning, all.
raining now but a flash of sun earlier. we aren't predicted to see any more, only rain, until tomorrow mid morning.
my ip address landed on a banned member again, yesterday, so i was unable to log on when we got back from the flicks last night. really irritating.
nothing planned other than chutney making, today. my partner says i shouldn't tell our daughter - she thinks we have too much jam and chutney in the house - she's probably right but if you're given a bucket full of green tomatoes what do you do‽
what i would really like to do is go somewhere or see something i've never been/seen before but i've got other stuff to do. shame.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 14th, 2019, 4:47 pm

Well just went to get train to mother’s and all trains to Chesterfield etc cancelled. Agggh! Aggressive man had a go at me on a train on the way to St P too (I stood too close to him. He was very big.)

Going home to do some comfort genealogy.

Hope I can get a refund as Station staff said. Website implies I should have just waited until the issue cleared up. (flooding)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 15th, 2019, 8:28 am

Morning
Dull and damp. Basil had a mouse. I have unpaid leave today to go to my mother's. Was in a dilemma as to whether I should go in or not, but spend a good part of the night coughing, so I have come clean about it but said I would prefer to still take the day off. My mother's will now have to wait for a fortnight. She has asked her neighbour to get money out with her card. I did a Sainsbury's online shop for her last night.
Bit upset as I have now had two consecutive weeks of anxious build up to the visits that have come to nothing, and I will now have another the week after next :evil:
Unless my manager says I must go in, I shall try and do a few practical things (bedroom is a tip. Overflowing laundry basket with washing threatening to start marching down the stairs to the tune of the Sorcerer’s Apprentice. I may empty the damp-smelling built in wardrobe - the one with all my posh not often worn clothes in it - and stick the dehumidifier in there for a few hours) and also some writing (kind of practical too, I suppose.) I hope the problematic dinosaurs book doesn't come back from production...

Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 15th, 2019, 9:39 am

Take it as a gift from the gods Herbi! Enjoy just being at home :luv:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 15th, 2019, 10:02 am

It is only postponing the inevitable alas. And next time I won't have an excuse to go for just one day. I ha been looking forward to a clear run after next weekend through till Christmas. Ah well. As you say, a day to enjoy at home, and with no obligations or guilt attached for once.

I should get dressed really... :D
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 15th, 2019, 10:11 am

Agree with earthmaiden sometimes we all need that break, occasionally (very rarely) my brother would come down from Lincoln & give us a free weekend, it was like a holiday in the Bahama's to us.
Make the most of it :hug:
hickybank
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 15th, 2019, 10:20 am

Herbidacious wrote:I should get dressed really... :D

Be a devil and have a pyjama day- it's surprising how quickly you can learn to enjoy slovenly habits :lol: :lol: :lol:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 15th, 2019, 11:07 am

earthmaiden wrote:
Herbidacious wrote:I should get dressed really... :D

Be a devil and have a pyjama day- it's surprising how quickly you can learn to enjoy slovenly habits :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ann says this is me normally :lol: :lol: :lol:
hickybank
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 15th, 2019, 11:40 am

I think I shall take myself out for some lunch. And pick up ingredients to make lemon biscuits.

I have the bee and halloween versions of these:

https://www.nordicware.com/bakeware/cookie-stamps

They have been sitting on a shelf for at least 3 years unused. Not sure what recipe to use, so need to do some research.

Terry, one is allowed to be slovenly when one retires? (I am hoping...)

Washing load no. 1 done. About 5 to go :o
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 15th, 2019, 5:43 pm

Herbidacious wrote:Terry, one is allowed to be slovenly when one retires? (I am hoping...)

you are allowed to be slovenly before you retire, too.

good wellaftermorning, all.
dull and damp for most of the day except for the half hour when there was enough sun to bake some bread - i was amazed.
for some reason the site wouldn't load for me this morning.
i have made one lot of green tom relish - the recipe thinks it's a chutney but i think that it's not that grown up.
have a good evening, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 16th, 2019, 9:34 am

Morning. Quite sunny and bright out.

Not sure what we are doing today. I shall make biscuits though :)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 17th, 2019, 8:04 am

Morning. I have been up since 7.20. I woke early and thought, 'why don't I go and plant bulbs now before I run out of energy?' ... because it's very cold and misty out...? So stalling. I have prepped lemon biscuits though, somewhat. I am just waiting for the butter to come up to room temperature, having switched the heating on. (Just put in a bowl over warm water.)
I am determined to achieve things today, Yesterday was a complete wipe out in terms of low emergy and mood. I was ready to go back to bed an hour and a half after I got up. I am also going to (note, determined language which rpelaced 'going to try to' ;) ) photograph some things to put on eBay later. I have some outragaeous shoes which I have never worn (ordered from America and the wrong size, but really... 6 inch stilletos? I would never have worn them anyway. A moment of insanity, clearly, although, aesthetically speaking, I was in my right mind - they are stunning.) and a gorgeous silk velvet skirt which I cannot get into anymore, also unworn :o I now want a gorgeous silk velvet skirt which I can get into...

Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 18th, 2019, 8:24 am

Morning. Dull out, but it's supposed to be sunny for much of the day. I should take my camera in with me... I've not had a photo session since Lisbon, really. Not sure I have the energy for a lunch hour on my feet, though.
Nothing planned today other than work, of course, and putting together the melanzane parmigiana which I prepped last night. Oh I do need to post a pair of boots I sold on Ebay. I got £46! Surprised and pleased.

Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 18th, 2019, 9:37 am

good morning, all.
sunny. it promises to be uninterrupted sun for the rest of the day.
the first load of washing is on, bread will be baked outside and i may (or may not) start the next load of chutney. there are still two heaped colanders full of green tomatoes to deal with - and i was given a load of empty jars yesterday.
well done with the boots, herbi.
we had a pleasant breakfast at the blue bar, with our son, yesterday morning although it's a shame the beach cafe is closed for a few weeks - their breakfasts are much better.
have a glorious day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 18th, 2019, 10:39 am

Good morning all
The morning is quite bright but there’s cumulus cloud building up. Bread was made yesterday, washing is in the machine and OH is in the studio ... I have some U3A homework to do ... but first I need to pop out and get some de icer ... we’re running low and frost is forecast tonight and I have an early appointment tomorrow for a fasting blood test ...
Have a good day all
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 18th, 2019, 11:50 am

LOvely sunny day here to,
Checked my hedgehog/small rodent hibernation box today & food left just outside is disappearing, set up trail cam to check.
I also have Wrens in my hedge that are using it as a winter roost I think, as I saw two go in together yesterday early evening, gets me really excited, I love my wildlife.
hickybank
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 18th, 2019, 12:20 pm

Thsnk for the heads up about the frost, Suffs. Maybe I should put jackets on my artichokes and mimosa... (fig?) Or maybe not necessary...

I do hope you post trail cam pics, Terry. How lovely to have wrens.

I was wondering whether to get one of those nesting boxes with a camera in them for spring.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 19th, 2019, 8:19 am

Frosty and misty. I didn't put jackets on things. Just remembered, I should have brought the (potted) dahlias in? I think I need to get some bubble wrap for pots. Awkward re getting it home. Any good alternatives?
Not much on today, again. This is good.

I hope everyone's day goes well.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 19th, 2019, 8:23 am

good morning, all.
from a forecast of dry but overcast all day it has changed to heavy overcast and rain. it is also a bit breezy - what a difference a day makes - it was wall to wall sun yesterday.
two loaves were baked, three loads of washing done, no chutney - and coffee with a friend.
i am off to the farm in a bit. i had a late call (9pm) to see if i was free today. it suits me for something i'm doing with tomorrows group otherwise i would have declined and gone to yoga instead.
better head for the shower - and the coffee machine.
have a cosy day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 19th, 2019, 8:34 am

Freezing down here this morning, car white over & I have an early morning eye test, need to get out & defrost it :( :(
hickybank
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 20th, 2019, 8:12 am

Morning. Brightish here. No frost. edit: frost! Just not on the left hand side of the lawn which is all I can see unless I stand up! I ordered some pot jackets which I saw on offer. More expensive than bubble wrap but more convenient and, crucially, easier to get home by public transport

Not much planned today other than work.
Discovered that there is a drip coming through the kitchen ceiling from the bathroom, this morning. I think it's something leaking behind the tiles :( Not what I need at the moment, or in winter given it may mean no bathroom for a bit.

Last edited by Herbidacious on November 20th, 2019, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 20th, 2019, 8:27 am

good morning, all.
grey and windy - and the weather's not much better either, although the prediction of rain all day has been changed to dry with a hint of sun at midday and the rain coming in at nine tonight.
off to the farm in an hour - yesterday was a long day. by the time i got home from shopping and finished shopping and putting most of it away, cooking dinner etc i didn't sit down until nearly seven o'clock.
i went to the local bookers and found some of the burgers that we'd had at the blue bar so dinner was one of those - mine were deemed better - more salad etc and some of the green tom relish. blue need to pull their socks up
i suppose i'd better shift - i really don't want to go today - i think i'd rather go back to sleep.
scullion
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 20th, 2019, 8:43 am

A little grey here today, we are off to our indoor bowling this morning, something we really enjoy a little bit of exercise & meet up with friends.
It is my sister & brother in laws diamond wedding anniversary next year, she rang last night to see if we would like to celebrate it with on holiday with other family members.
So it looks like we are off to Jamaica next year, not our first choice of holiday but we get on great together & have countless holidays with them.
( brother & sister getting on well together, unheard of :lol: )
Apparently we are going the somewhere called Ocho Rio, anybody been there.?
Enjoy your day.
hickybank
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 20th, 2019, 9:40 am

Good morning all
Grey and damp here ... listening absolutely fascinated to R4 telling me how to make antimatter ... must try it later ... maybe it’s more complicated than it sounds .... hmm ... they’re giving a bit more detail and it seems to involve the Periodic Table which has always foxed me ... maybe I’d better go to tennis this morning and leave antimatter until I know a bit more about it ;)
Have a good day folks :ugeek:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 20th, 2019, 10:30 am

Meanwhile, I am doing time travel again.... ;)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 20th, 2019, 5:48 pm

hickybank wrote:Apparently we are going the somewhere called Ocho Rio, anybody been there.?

yes, i have.
we stopped there for a day from the cruise we went on with my mother in 2010 then returned for another week after the cruise had finished. it may have changed since but it was quite an experience.
on the day of the cruise ship stop we trundled into the town - on the way there my brother was asked if he wanted to buy some ganja - he declined, we carried on then he went off to buy some envelopes for the mother and to find the hotel we would be staying at the following week, while i stayed with the mother and her wheelchair, in the town square.
the paths - and road - were not designed for wheelchairs.
i was surprised how many cars there were, bouncing through the potholes, in the square and then driving round the man who decided to take a nap in the middle of the road. a policeman on a motorbike went to talk to him and he eventually got up and meandered, in a drunken fashion, on to the clock tower square and settled down for another nap close by us.
my brother came back about an hour later in a bit of a huff. he had been asked by a chap if he could help him and so had asked him if he knew where the hotel was. he had then been led all over the place culminating in being asked if he wanted to buy some ganja - he never got to find the hotel.

we stayed in a rather run down hotel that didn't look as if it had been updated since independence in the sixties (it was in this hotel where the previously mentioned verbal attack happened).
i've had a look at photos online and i'm almost certain it was the 'silver seas hotel' (there were a couple of photos of the rooms i recognised from nine years ago). it's the first time i'd encountered cockroaches (the hotel was good and sprayed insecticide every couple of nights! - not sure which was better).
the food was not brilliant, the rooms were more basic than the photos online had suggested but it was almost clean.
and the sound of the crickets at night was great - in both senses of the word - i recorded it on my phone - i was only thinking of it the other night, how strange.
after we had come back from spending a night with a friend in mandeville, half way through the week, my brother decided we weren't staying at that hotel any longer and we headed off to the rather more salubrious venue of the holiday inn in montego bay, for the last three nights.

there has been a lot of money loaned/invested in jamaica by the chinese so some of the (terrible) roads were being repaired - albeit piecemeal with the chance that the pothole fillings would be washed out with the next load of rain. driving over the middle of the island to mandeville it was really quite rough in places although the main road between ocho rios and montego bay was well tarmac'd.

as i said it was nine years ago and things might have changed but i wouldn't trust all of the photos you see online.
remember to bring back some blue mountain coffee beans - and have an ice cold can of 'ting' after a hot day. you can buy it in the world food aisle at tescos but it tastes better on its home turf.

hickybank wrote:( brother & sister getting on well together, unheard of )

i, too, get on very well with my brother.
scullion
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 20th, 2019, 9:38 pm

Thanks for the heads up Scully, we will be on our guard, we have been in some iffy situations over the years, (mugged in Morocco for a start)
We are staying at the RUI Ocho Rias hotel, it is down as 5 star & on the beach.
AS there will be a group of us I would expect most of the time we will be together most of the time.
Thanks
Terry
hickybank
Registered

Postby scullion » November 20th, 2019, 10:18 pm

i wish our mother had booked your hotel! unfortunately, after tasking me with finding hotels etc, the next day she went to a travel agent and we landed up with the one we got (i'm not sure the agent had spent as much time as i had looking at appropriate accommodation).
have a good holiday.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 21st, 2019, 8:08 am

Jamaica was in a state of disarray at one point, and I think still plagued with by gang activity. My Bajan priest friend was posted there for a while, and was very ahappy there (not least because preists were being attacked and killed.) He said that no one stopped at traffic lights (in case they were carjacked.) He's black so it's not like he stood out. But this was also probably over ten years ago, so might have improve. I am sure you will be ok in a group though. They wouldn't go if it weren't safe?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/dest ... sit-crime/

but
https://traveltips.usatoday.com/things- ... 02845.html
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 21st, 2019, 9:37 am

good morning, all.
wet and breezy - i think any difference to this, for the rest of the day, is only theoretical and hope-giver by the met office.
off for a sewing day with the 'girls' soon.
we were stopped for speeding on the transfer to montego bay.
as the policeman was taking down the details a black car motorcade whizzed past so my brother asked why the cop hadn't taken down their numbers - he said that they were probably politicians. my brother then dropped the name of the friend we had been to stay with and the policeman immediately tore up the ticket and said 'enjoy your holiday'. we still wonder if he was working off his own bat.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 21st, 2019, 10:11 am

Good morning
Grey, cold, but so far dry here

Had a sort of duvet day yesterday, I was exhausted, but need to go back to putting the kitchen and bathroom back together today Done most of the heavy lifting so can potter on

Ocho Rios must be a lovely location but doesn’t look like my kind of resort

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby hickybank » November 21st, 2019, 10:24 am

StokeySue wrote:Good morning
Grey, cold, but so far dry here

Had a sort of duvet day yesterday, I was exhausted, but need to go back to putting the kitchen and bathroom back together today Done most of the heavy lifting so can potter on

Ocho Rios must be a lovely location but doesn’t look like my kind of resort

Have a good day everyone

As I Said Sue, not ours either but the occasion will make it worthwhile, but not cheap at £3,350

We were looking at India & Nepal for next year but that is now on the back boiler till the following year.
Have a good day everyone while I renew passports sort out holiday insurance :( :( :(
hickybank
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop