good morning +

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: good morning +

Postby suffolk » January 10th, 2020, 5:53 pm

I’ve walked barefoot most of my life and still do. Like Scully I used to walk to school barefoot on tarmac roads in the summer (loved making footprints in patches of warm tar) and played in fields and farmyards with bare feet. Now I’m barefoot most of the time and frequently garden barefoot (to the despair of OH who doesn’t understand why walking through the ‘wilderness’ doesn’t result in thorns in my feet). I have no shoes on at the moment. I’ve been told it’s probably contributed to my flat feet and that occasional painful condition Scully will know the name of. But that’s all
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 10th, 2020, 6:21 pm

You may well be right Sue, I can only go by what I am told, I know it only affects the base of my foot, my toes heel & arch are not affected, it only feels skin deep.
Whatever it is it's bloody annoying when all you want is a good night's sleep.
Fingers crossed for tonight.
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby Rainbow » January 11th, 2020, 2:34 am

I agree it would be good to get a second opinion - a podiatrist would be more informed about foot problems than a GP, I would think. Can't do any harm, anyway :D :hug:
Rainbow
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 11th, 2020, 9:45 am

Morning. Very late up, and I could have slept longer :o

Husband is off to mother's - brother's en route shortly.
Will start the marmalade off later today i.e. boil the oranges. Need to find some jars first. not sure what else to do with my day other than lots of laundry. I do need to do those last few bulbs but it's not very nice out. Dull and windy.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » January 11th, 2020, 10:45 am

good morning, all.
damp and breezy.
nothing planned here
it was too overcast to see the eclipse, here, last night, as it was for the solar eclipse at the end of the last millennium.
we did have a good walk on the beach, yesterday, though.
there's probably a metre of sand missing which means you can't even get to 'black rock' (less than a third of the length of the beach) let alone round to chapel.
we stopped and chatted to a young woman with a dog which was digging a hole on one of the ridges (the beach is often subject to deep troughs and ridges which you have to navigate like a maze). the dog was really going for it not only digging down but backing up to clear the area that had built up behind it. it just kept on and on and after about fifteen minutes of digging what looked like a grave and digging up three sand eels we thought it may have got down to a level that was 'far enough' and we all decided to move on. she said that she had never seen the dog get tired of doing it.
it's the first time I've seen sand eels dug up without a shovel. they look like eels but are about six inches or so long with beautiful silvery ventral and greenish silvery dorsal sides. i removed one of the dug up ones to put into one of the troughs, where it disappeared, in fractions of a second, back into the sand under the water.
we adjourned for coffee at the beach café.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 11th, 2020, 11:46 am

I didn't even know there was a lunar eclipse last night. Oh well. Another three this year.

The last solar one, yes cloudy, but the birds still stopped singing. I was working for a vile company at the time. My foul boss and thus her brown nosing assitant refused to go outside to experience is as it was all a load of nonsense. I nipped out. It was eerie.

Your walk sounds rather magical, Scully.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 11th, 2020, 12:22 pm

Good noon
I didn’t see the eclipse, but got a great view of the full “wolf” moon rising over the terrace opposite very early, after which the clouds went from pleasingly decorative to obliterating everything in sight. Was very bright for a few minutes

It’s cloudy but bright here at the moment, not doing much but sorting laundry etc. as I finally feel a bit better but I’m not pushing my luck this time, treating myself as convalescent until the lurgy has definitely departed 100%, I’ve had enough of it my tonsils are still enlarged and uncomfortable

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 11th, 2020, 1:03 pm

Good after morning all

Never seen a sand eel except from a distance disappearing down a wading bird's gullet Scully ... deep envy :mrgreen:

Didn't see the eclipse either ... too cloudy ... but I saw the Wolf moon the night before when I was awake coughing. :lol:
Hope you and I both feel much better soon Sue :D

A slow start today as I'm still coughing and everything takes so much energy ... but I have cleaned the bathroom :tu:
OH is at home and has done the shopping and is in charge of supper ... I have been told I'm in charge of the sofa and the knitting.

Have a good day all
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 11th, 2020, 3:21 pm

5 minutes before the eclipse it was clear then in came the clouds.
Came back after a night out to find my PC had crashed, I have spent all day with someone who knows what they are doing to get it up and running again what a pain :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Lost some stuff but not checked everything yet, given up for today as I was starting to lose my rag
Not a good day for me
hickybank
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 11th, 2020, 6:53 pm

Oh no, Terry. That must be very annoying and upsetting.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby hickybank » January 11th, 2020, 7:27 pm

You bet, it is still not set up as before & you get familiar with your PCs lay out & I am not very tech minded, been a stressful day
hickybank
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 11th, 2020, 11:13 pm

The fan is struggling on mine. I have been trying to do back ups just in case. I haveo ne done. I need to take it to the laptop doctor's (but which one...?) It's probably clogged up with cat hair.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 12th, 2020, 9:39 am

Morning. The sun is out right now. I plan to start mamrmalade making off, then plant out remaining bulbs, more marmalade making, then possibly walk down to the big supermarket . Too much for a Sunday really.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » January 12th, 2020, 11:38 am

good morning, all.
sunny - it may be a two loaf day.
i should do a backup - this keeps reminding me that i haven't done one for seventy something days.
my jobs for today are making mango chutney (they were at the cheap end at lidl the other day), getting washing done and hopefully getting the tax return finished.
i wonder how many of those will get done as we'll probably fancy a walk on the beach too - although it would have to be after low tide.
have a glorious day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 12th, 2020, 11:39 am

Good morning
My pc needs sorting out, but I think everything is backed up

I was planning on going for a little walk in the sun but the sun keeps hiding behind the cloud, suppose I’ll go anyway

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 12th, 2020, 12:07 pm

Good morning all.
It’s grey here with a blustery and chilly wind. Apparently we have worse to come.
I’ve filled the bird feeders but am so tired from coughing ... I’m going to spend the afternoon dozing on the sofa. OH is at work but is finishing early and says he’ll go to W’rose for pizza and salad for supper. We had planned a roast but I don’t have the oomph. My chest is squeaking and creaking like an old farm gate. I’m getting p’eed off with it.
Hope everyone else is having a lovely day.
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 12th, 2020, 12:32 pm

It was very windy here all night, Suffs. Perhaps it's moving northwards. There was a bit of sunshine here, earlier and, as I was sitting on my chemistry lab stool shredding orange peel, I was bathed in sunlight for a while. If my thumb hadn't been hurting this would have been a form of bliss.

I am sorry your cough is lingering. I still have a bit of one from the cold at the beginning of November. It was still a hacking cough just before Christmas. These things can take ages to get rid of, but maybe the doctor's if not done already? Creaking lungs doesn't sound good.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 12th, 2020, 12:58 pm

It’s just congestion loosening up (sorry if that’s a bit yuk) ... pretty certain there’s no infection. I’m not feverish so there’s no point in going to the doc. :)
suffolk
Registered

Postby Busybee » January 12th, 2020, 1:32 pm

Those of a delicate nature look away now - I’m sure you know the difference Suffs but is the yuk green or clear?

I’ve no cough, only the lingering fatigue, OH has a real hacking dry non productive cough. Normally I’d suggest a trip to the GP by now but I think we will leave it another week and see.

I’m back to the orthopaedic consultant tomorrow, surgery on my ankle is being discussed. The thought of plates and pins now fills me with dread but I do want to be able to walk distances pain free. I only went to the GP to discuss maybe physio, it seems to have escalated to surgery very quickly. I will say it is still very swollen nine months on.

Heavy rain first thing but blue skies now.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 12th, 2020, 1:38 pm

Busybee ... it’s fine ... it’s totally clear :D Thanks for enquiring tho :hug:
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » January 12th, 2020, 2:05 pm

BB, very much hope you don't require surgery but if that's what it takes to get you back to normal.... :hug:

Hope the remaining cold sufferers are back to normal soon. It was a nasty bug wasn't it? My best friend is still coughing weeks later.
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 12th, 2020, 2:45 pm

Get better soon
Here only an occasional cough, but fatigue, sore throat earache etc. However just been fo for a short walk in the sun which doesn’t seem to have done any harm
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » January 13th, 2020, 10:25 am

good morning, all.
overcast and rather breezy - the rain arrives this afternoon, according to the forecast.
yesterday - didn't get a walk done, didn't get washing done, nagged my partner to get his tax forms done so i could do mine (the figures for mine were given late in the evening - so i didn't get that done) but did prep the mango for its overnight 'sogg' in sugar.
it was a one loaf day so the dough for the second loaf meant that we had pizza for dinner.
today - washing, tax return and mango chutney - again!
have a cosy day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 13th, 2020, 11:05 am

Good morning
Plans changed, friend stuck in hospital so going to visit her, that will get me my walk, as it's a distance from the tube station

Better get a move on, must wash my hair before I go

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 13th, 2020, 12:13 pm

Good noontime all

Sue ... the fatigue is the worst bit ... even worse than the coughing ... I’ve popped down to Wrose in the car and am now exhausted :rolleyes:

Hope your friend isn’t stuck in hospital too long.

On a different note I’ve just taken delivery of a Bravissimo bralet ... it produces a very different shape from the ubiquitous underwired ‘apple dumplings’ .... more like the less obtrusive chest of a 20’s Flapper ... but incredibly comfortable :D

Keep your hatches battened Scully.

Have a good day all
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » January 13th, 2020, 12:37 pm

the wind has started increasing here.
my partner is going up to help wedge our son's fence that looks decidedly shaky (according to his 'lodger'). it will need a proper repair - but not today!
tax return done - hoorah!
i won't be putting washing on the line.
scullion
Registered

Postby miss mouse » January 13th, 2020, 12:59 pm

suffolk wrote:the fatigue is the worst bit

I have that, awful isn't it.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 13th, 2020, 2:21 pm

miss mouse wrote:
suffolk wrote:the fatigue is the worst bit

I have that, awful isn't it.

It’s horrid ... there’s so much I want to do, but within a little while I’m exhausted and need a rest ... then I sit on the sofa and fall asleep. :rolleyes:
suffolk
Registered

Postby miss mouse » January 13th, 2020, 2:41 pm

I am pottering around doing bits of jobs for however long I can then flopping again.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 13th, 2020, 2:51 pm

I’ve been doing a few essential hsewk-type things and prepping our meal in the morning then resting until it’s time to assemble and cook supper.
suffolk
Registered

Postby Busybee » January 13th, 2020, 2:58 pm

We are the same, I started on the 13th December. OH a few days behind me, we can’t seem to get going. I had plans for today, hospital appointment ( I now need an urgent MRI - it’s the first time I’ve actually seen the consultant who expressed surprise that I hadn’t had one already) then lunch out and then onto Tesco’s for a big shop - when you live in the sticks you tend to make good use of a trip into town. Well we had both had enough after the hospital appointment and the shopping will have to wait for another day.

The smallest job is enough for the day. I wonder when we will start to get some energy back.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 13th, 2020, 4:38 pm

If it's anything like the similar thing I had last winter you just need to take it slowly for a long time.

In the light of what we learned recently about well endowed women, wonder if your bralet will reduce your coughing Suffs ;).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 13th, 2020, 4:58 pm

I will report back EM :lol:
suffolk
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 13th, 2020, 5:12 pm

I can’t get on with Bravissimo at all and I dislike their hype. Yes they do big cup sizes but their all round sizes ain’t large enough for this girl.

The bralet reviews aren’t great.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 13th, 2020, 5:14 pm

BB. Online shopping is your friend. Or are you so far into the sticks you don’t qualify?
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Busybee » January 13th, 2020, 5:26 pm

Pepper Pig wrote:BB. Online shopping is your friend. Or are you so far into the sticks you don’t qualify?

We can get Waitrose to deliver, to be honest I’m so tired I can’t think straight and it hadn’t crossed my mind. Thanks for reminding me.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby Seatallan » January 13th, 2020, 5:45 pm

earthmaiden wrote:If it's anything like the similar thing I had last winter you just need to take it slowly for a long time.

Absolutely. We had it this time last year and it took weeks before we properly got our energy back.
Seatallan
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 13th, 2020, 5:59 pm

Goodness PP you didn’t seem that huge last time I saw you ... you’d have to be ginormous for the bras Bravissimo stock not to be big enough for you. Strictly between ourselves, I’m currently in a 36H but my all round bust measurement is 46”. I was confused when I first came across Bravissimo, until I went for a fitting and discovered that the 36” part of the measurement refers to the underbust band size and they stock up to a 40 JJ”.

The first bralets they stocked were not well reviewed but they’ve got quite a few more in stock now and this one is really comfortable and looks good under the top I’m wearing. I’m very pleased.
Last edited by suffolk on January 13th, 2020, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suffolk
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 13th, 2020, 6:10 pm

I went for a fitting and was told, in no uncertain terms, that I was a 44 EE and perhaps I would like to look at a certain shop that specialised in bras for West Indian ladies. They were horribly snooty.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 13th, 2020, 6:14 pm

That couldn’t have been in a Bravissimo shop ... they don’t measure you ... not ever ... they do it by eye and try several bras to see which is right for you.

See here https://www.bravissimo.com/bra-fitting-guide/

I will bet good money that you don’t have a 44” under bust measurement. ;)
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » January 14th, 2020, 8:10 am

good morning, all.
dark and breezy - it's working it's way up to wet and windy for later in the day.
i has a training day, today. yet another week i miss yoga, i haven't been able to get there since a couple of weeks before christmas. the good thing about it is that they're held close to a big shop where i can go and get myself some new knickers on the way home. many of them are going into fall-y-down mode (thankfully i rarely ever wear anything other than jeans) and are destined for the compost bin.
keep snug.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 14th, 2020, 8:17 am

Suffs, it was here albeit ten years ago.

https://www.bravissimo.com/shops/london-covent-garden/
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 14th, 2020, 8:45 am

Good morning all :D

Pp I am flabbergasted!!! :o That sounded like an appalling experience I had with an M&S bra fitter when I left in tears. Since then I’ve been using Bravissimo for 10/15 years and despite at one stage being a 26 dress size I have always been treated, at fittings and during phone consultations, with respect and made to feel good about myself and my ‘assets’. Can I suggest you revisit them; I’m sure you’ll have a much improved experience.
And while we’re on the subject of underpinnings, good luck with the knicker buying Scully ... despite my antipathy towards M&S bras, I buy my knickers from nowhere else ... thankfully I don’t need the services of a fitter for those. :lol:
Good luck with the weather folks :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 14th, 2020, 9:05 am

I had an awful experience in M&S too, not only was the consultant unpleasant, she also sold me 2 bras with cups too large. I'm happy to go there without the 'help' of a consultant though. A friend goes to a Bravissimo shop and has nothing but glowing reports. I think many of us were put off fitters when young. A girl at boarding school used to do a brilliant skit of her first visit, with mother, to get a bra in a department store somewhere in the Lake District. She was shown the correct way to get into a strange position and lower herself into the cups before fiddling with the hooks behind her back. Needless to say, she has never, in over 50 years done it that way :lol:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 14th, 2020, 10:25 am

Good morning
I read a thing in a paper, it seems M&S fitters are notorious, they get less than a full day training and don’t really know what they are doing

I had a fitting with a proper fitter, but the bra I ended up with wasn’t that comfortable - not her fault, it was the right size but stiff and with a very narrow band under the bust, like wearing cheese wire. So knowing my size I went and tried on M&S bras until I found one that was comfortable, then ordered a few when I’d worn it for a few weeks and was sure. Tedious

We had a bit of Brendan last night, wind but not that much water. Walking back home the wind was horrible but it was drizzling, it felt like sleet on my face as the wind made it sting.

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 14th, 2020, 12:52 pm

The storm was pretty bad - or seemed to be - in my neck of the woods last night. Husband came in looking like a drowned rat and the curtain in the sitting room was billowing inwards. This is partly because teh French Windows won't shut properly. I really need to find a carpenter/handy man in to shave them down asap. There is more of the same promised later today. I am wearing a smart dress for the theatre tonight, but basically an anorak to go with it (or not). Seasalt claim their rain coats are tested in Cornish horizontal rain...
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 14th, 2020, 1:11 pm

Suffs, next time I can get away I will give Bravissimo another go. OH is going through a bad patch at the moment and although I have daughter cover for Friday I don’t think I’ll be able to fit a visit in as I’m off on the Behind the scenes at Borough Market tour. There’s always half term, and I do need some comfortable bras.

Has anyone ever done this?

https://app.anyguide.com/tours/a-taste- ... ket-london
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Seatallan » January 14th, 2020, 1:22 pm

StokeySue wrote:Good morning
I read a thing in a paper, it seems M&S fitters are notorious, they get less than a full day training and don’t really know what they are doing

I had a fitting with a proper fitter, but the bra I ended up with wasn’t that comfortable - not her fault, it was the right size but stiff and with a very narrow band under the bust, like wearing cheese wire. So knowing my size I went and tried on M&S bras until I found one that was comfortable, then ordered a few when I’d worn it for a few weeks and was sure. Tedious

We had a bit of Brendan last night, wind but not that much water. Walking back home the wind was horrible but it was drizzling, it felt like sleet on my face as the wind made it sting.

Have a good day everyone

Ironically, I've had several very positive experiences with M&S bra fittings and always buy my bras (and pants) from them. I may just have been lucky with what used to be my local store but I've always found the 'Nork Ladies' very friendly, knowledgeable and pleasant. :)

Brendan blew a hooley here yesterday afternoon/evening and it's still blustery and showery.

PP, sorry Mr PP isn't so good at present. It can't be easy..... :hug: :hug:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 14th, 2020, 1:24 pm

It looks wonderful PP. Far better than bra shopping! :hug:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 14th, 2020, 1:37 pm

Seatallan thank you. I think I’m going to get him to the GP again as all sorts of things are currently confusing him. Am hoping it will be a UTI but need to check.

Suffice to say he has developed an urgent need for Euthymol toothpaste which he last used forty years ago. He keeps escaping to the local chemist who don’t stock it and coming back with Colgate! I asked at the pharmacy at the GP and they said they didn’t stock it either. In the end I bought a pack of 3 from Amazon (at great expense) and gave them to him at the end of last week. On Sunday he announced he was off to the chemist to buy some Euthymol!!!! The subsequent house search eventually revealed one tube. He didn’t like this and got very shouty and a bit physical.

Last night he told me he would be out this morning as he had toothpaste and shaving cream to buy . . . .
Pepper Pig
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop