[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - good morning +

good morning +

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: good morning +

Postby scullion » February 24th, 2020, 12:07 pm

we went for the 11s - we didn't want wifi connectivity and the strips wouldn't have been appropriate for us.
the cat who was freaked out by it first of all is coming round to the idea that it isn't out to get her and will watch it from a couple of feet away now rather than leaving the house. the other cat has always just looked at it from the sofa with mild indifference.
i did notice a row of muddy paw prints over it the other day so maybe someone has decided to show it who is master - while it's static.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » February 24th, 2020, 12:18 pm

scullion
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 24th, 2020, 12:31 pm

When I win the lottery and move to a house with more floorspace I might get one!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » February 24th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Yes. What Scully said. I use it between times - my lovely cleaner comes on Thursdays and is very good at hoovering. I send it round on Sundays once I've taken OH to church (or beforehand if we're entertaining). As we are on three floors it takes a while (and it doesn't do stairs).
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 24th, 2020, 5:05 pm

What fun!

I have part two of my photographing people course tongiht. I spent a chunk of yesterday morning doing the homework - 'take portraits of friends and family'. A little nervous about feedback tonight. She didn't say whether or not we were allowed to edit them. I did a bit (made some of them monochrome and brought out some detail.)

Scully, I think your jostaberry cuttings are ready to go in pots of compost now. Will do this next weekend. Anyone else want any? I did five, but can do more. They grow to be very big bushes though.
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." Albert Camus
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » February 24th, 2020, 5:43 pm

i was wondering if it would be easier to post them, in a plastic bag, inside a jiffy bag, bare rooted? i know we are meant to be coming up to the smoke sometime but that is at the mercy of our young and no date has been set so far!
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 25th, 2020, 8:31 am

I could try. How many did you want? I could send a couple as an experiment to see if they will survive. Will research best way to package.

Just been down the garden - primarily to put bird food out. It's cold and intermittently sunny, but I believe we have rain later (just for a change). The bottom half of the garden is no longer a lake (although my poor potted dwarf cherry seems to be still surrounded by a tiny one of it's own) but too sodden to walk down in ordinary shoes. I wanted to check on the rhubarb. I'd like to have a go at forcing some. From 50ft away it looks like it's getting big already, though. Although I have several (too many) plants, so some might still only just be poking up. I wish I'd got round to dividing them...
More bulbs are coming up than I feared weren't ( ;) ) The wild garlic is beginning to appear. The mimosa is now flowering (but possibly a few days till in full fluff mode). The flowering plum is flowering.
In short, early spring...

Very tired after photography. Was on my feet for a lot of the three hours, and developed a spitting headache from all the flashes going off. Writing tonight... Might make myself go out for lunch (with a notebook and pen) to get in the writing frame of mind.

I hope everyone has a good day.
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." Albert Camus
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 25th, 2020, 8:52 am

Good morning all :D

I find milk cartons a useful way of packaging growing plants ... cut the top so it hinges ... put the rootball compost etc into the carton and pack around it with wads of newspaper ... replace the top and tape down. Wrap and mark Fragile and This Way Up. The plants seem to arrive in damaged so far.

We seem to have had a confluence of tea and bedlinen :rolleyes: That’s given me at least two jobs for the morning ...

Our blue sky has disappeared and it doesn’t look as if the washing will be on the line today ... it’ll be draped on the racks in the study.

Have a good day all :D
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » February 25th, 2020, 1:18 pm

good aftermorning, all.
overcast with patches of sun and rain - and a rising breeze.
i'll have as many as you want to give me!
i think bubble wrap and a jiffy bag would be fine. the important bit is to preserve the roots and unless a crusher machine is used they should survive. they won't be forced through a letterbox at this end so i would have no qualms about sending them this way - rooted plants in plastic bags at supermarkets get much rougher treatment than the postal service would give.
the talk on dye plants (and other natural dye sources...) was quite interesting if a little lightweight - i was surprised that she didn't mention onion skins!. there were only two men of the usual gardening group there (surprise, surprise) and a lot of women who are not usual members of the group and who i didn't recognise.
the speaker said that she ran courses - there was quite a few murmers after this 'news' so why was i the only one who asked the price? quite a few turned round to thank me for doing that with one saying that the rest of them were a bit too 'british' about asking about money! mad - if someone is selling you need to know the price - and if you are selling you need to ask for your fee.
nothing planned for today other than pancakes.
have a good afternoon, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » February 26th, 2020, 8:02 am

good morning, all.
sunny at the moment. bread dough was made last night as it's predicted to be full sun this afternoon - and if that doesn't happen there's full sun tomorrow afternoon.
better shift, i'm off to the farm in an hour.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 26th, 2020, 8:23 am

Morning. Bright and sunny. I wish it would stay like this, but the forecast for the rest of the week isn't brilliant.

We hare having a room lunch today (first one in 14 months - the young ones don't seem to want to have lunch with us oldies aka people over 40.) It's to welcome a new (to us) person who came to sit in our room a few weeks ago. I feel a bit badly for this guy, who has been employed to enter data into a system we are switching to. I think he's quite chatty, but the rhythm of conversation and the topics discussed I sense are not his kind of chat. We tend to talk in bursts, and then often about quite bizarre things (often sparked off by weird stuff we read while doing research) rather than chit chat. It may just be a case of his not having got to know us yet, but I fear he is a bit excluded. Perhaps today's lunch will help.

Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 27th, 2020, 7:56 am

Morning. Darkish and raining steadily.
Theater tonight. The Visit at the National. 3.5 hours. Kushner (who adapted the Dürrenmatt) is not known for his brevity ;) It will be interesting to see Hugo Weaving on the stage, I guess. Leslie Manville I have seen in other things.
I hoep everyone has a good day.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » February 27th, 2020, 11:45 am

good morning, all.
dry and bright with a forecast of full sun for the rest of the afternoon.
bread will be baked and i think the fence may be repaired today.
the jackdaws are hammering on the roof/chimney.
have a good afternoon, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 27th, 2020, 2:30 pm

Clearly I need to move to Cornwall... it's sunny here now, but tomorrow looks pretty bad (I have the day off.) Saturday rather wet too.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » February 28th, 2020, 10:48 am

good morning, all.
yesterday was a two loaf day - today is definitely not. like, probably, the rest of the country we have a yellow weather warning of rain.
i was supposed to go to a sewing meeting with 'the girls' today but i think i have a few other, more pressing, things to do - when i make the effort and get round to them - which means that they're probably not that pressing, rather things i just aught to do.
the fence was viewed, yesterday, and the broken bits removed but the repair will probably done when there's a little less wind and rain - we went for a quick hot chocolate down at the blue bar instead.
I'm putting off procrastinating until another day.
have a cosy day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 28th, 2020, 11:30 am

It's pretty unpleasant here. Rain and wind. I have taken the day off to catch up on rest and basically have some time to myself. I went down the garden to assess the 'flood'. It's ankle deep still in parts. I dragged the potted cherry out of its own personal pool and put a dustbin over some of the rhubarb to force. I fear the very big pots I bought to pot the cherries on are not big enough. Wide but not sufficiently deep. Maybe it doesn’t matter. Wide might even be good?
Anyway it was 'orrible.
But christened my rather attractive new Turtle mat that I bought for the sitting room. I can't get out through the back door at the moment so had to go through the sitting room door... which is risky as it's very swollen with rain and there is always the risk I won’t be able to lock it (One of the bolts won’t go in at the bottom as it is, leaving a 3mm gap for the wind. Waiting for a dry spell to get it fixed.)
Not sure what I am going to do with the rest of the day. I seem to have whiled away the morning. Done lots of little chores though, but nothing that will make a noticeable difference. Not inclined to go out. Maybe some writing, and scan more photos for photo book for mother’s 92nd. Reboil marmalade?! (Or at least put it in the cupboard.) reorganize food cupboards? :?
I hope everyone’s day is going well.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 28th, 2020, 11:50 am

Good morning all

Dull and damp here ... OH is at work and missed the excitement of a load of those freestanding steel mesh panels that are erected around building sites being delivered to the empty house next door (the one which had the storm damage a couple of weeks ago). The garden fence has been floundering precariously since last winter and one of the daughters turned up and deconstructed part of it at the beginning of the week ... does the arrival of the steel mesh fencing panels indicate that the planned repairs /improvements prior to putting the place on the market are about to take place or is it going to continue to drag on? ... it's a year now since the elderly owner died. I'll let you know when something happens ... I'm sure you're on tenterhooks :lol:

Melanzane parmigiana for supper has been assembled and bread rolls to eat with it are proving ...

Hope everyone's hatches are firmly battened again :hug:

Have a good day :D
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 28th, 2020, 11:57 am

Good morning
I didn’t go on my planned walk yesterday, as I woke up and it was snowing and I was so tired I felt groggy. So I stayed home though it turned into a lovely sunny day

Will be going out soon as meeting friends for a Thai lunch, but it’s very wet out there. And I’ve lost my lovely beanie hat that keeps my hair on in wild weather and matches my mac and scarf. It may turn up, as I was pretty sure I’d worn it all the way home but I can’t find it, despite a good tidy up

Have a good afternoon everyone
StokeySue
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 28th, 2020, 12:44 pm

Wet here again after a beautiful sunny day yesterday, we managed to get out to a nature reserve at Ham Wall for a couple of hours.
My moan today is aimed at BT who have been supplying my broadband telephone & TV.
I decided that I was paying too much £53 so in process of swapping to sky same package £37.
Got the inevitable call from BT today, usual crap, sorry to here you are leaving, we can offer you the same package for £33.
So I said I range twice last year to see if you could do it cheaper & both times was told no.
He said it is because your TV package is out of contract,
I said, when I asked I was told as I was still in contract there would be a £200 penalty to leave.
He said your are in contract for broadband & landline but the TV package ended 12 months ago and we do not inform you of this.
So for the last 12 months I have been paying £20 a month over the odds.
I told him that was a disgrace and there was no way now I would go back to BT.
End of call
I have been told they will charge me £7.50 a month to keep my Email address with them, I feel another argument brewing
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 28th, 2020, 1:34 pm

BT are terrible. In the past they have: let us build up credit of many hundreds by taking too high a direct debit. Getting it back was like getting blood out of a stone. Took months.
More recently, they charged me for a new hub to replace the faulty very old one which they had promised was free, and put up my direct debit as this one off charge was perceived to be a regular thing. I contacted them online and they initially refused to refund me the £100 for the hub or change the dd. Eventually extracted a promise to do this, but a couple of months later they still hadn't done either, and we were in more credit than necessary because of the excessive dd. Another conversation ended with a manager doing the equivalent of slamming the phone down on me. We did get the £100 refund in the end, and the dd lowered, but I think we are still too much in credit. Need to check.
I would like to change my email provider too because BT are carp (and iPhone doesn't like them), but not prepared to pay the £7.50 'rent' on the address. Wasn't this rip off in the news lately? Or was it in Which? Magazine?
Terry, if you switch do you still have to pay BT line rental?
Sorry I am a bit ranty today... :?
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » February 28th, 2020, 1:49 pm

I think it’s being investigated by OFCOM Herbi.There was something about it on the Wednesday lunchtime news.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bil ... iders.html
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 28th, 2020, 1:54 pm

Herby.
No the £37 includes line rental,
Watch this space as \I am expecting problems.
hickybank
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 28th, 2020, 2:59 pm

Virgin aren't great either. Going back to Hickybank's initial complaint, it angers me greatly that these contracts (whoever they're with) go on for about a year at a 'reduced' price and then after the year is up, the firms can revert to the 'normal' charge without any communication or reminder being sent to the customer. If one makes a note of the date and phones at the appropriate time one ;) can usually get another reduction after copious haggling and sales pitch trying to add new products. Of course, they hope you won't make a note of the date or question your bill and make shed loads of money that way. I have considered writing to my MP about it and encouraging others to do the same. At very least there should be a communication. On our local Facebook page several people discussed Virgin's costs and called to haggle. Each got down to a different final figure (and not because of differing packages). It is scandalous, I expect to be quoted a fair price without having all this fuss.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » February 29th, 2020, 10:15 am

good morning, all.
sunny at the moment and somewhat breezy.
we cancelled our broadband server and phone line a few months ago as there were weeks of having no service due to weather damage. we now have a 4/5g router (it uses a phone sim card on a monthly 'goody bag') and our mobiles. we save £20 a month, have a far faster download/upload speed and don't get any of the unwanted calls to a landline now - which seemed like the only ones we got on the landline anyway. we don't have cable tv - there's already too much to watch on terrestrial.
nothing on the cards but maybe watching the formula e later - and i really should go to do a fruit and veg shop sometime but i may leave that 'til monday.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 29th, 2020, 11:06 am

Good morning all :D
I’ve just done the fruit and veg etc shop ... I’ll lob some over your way Scully ... you can put the kettle on ... im in desperate need of a :mug:

I think we probably need to investigate our tv/broadband/phone supplier ... we have Virgin cable (it was here when we came) and have absolutely no complaints except the price. If we didn’t have the Virgin cable tv we’d have to get a tv aerial as this house doesn’t have one. We also cannot get DAB radio except via cable as reception here is very poor. Also OH’s mobile phone is antediluvian and also not Smart so he would probably need to upgrade. We only have the bog standard Virgin tv package ... no Netflix etc ... the basics seem to suit us.

Anyway ... I’ll finish this coffee (cheers Scully ;) ) and unload the shopping ...

Have a good day folks ... stay dry and warm.
suffolk
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » February 29th, 2020, 11:56 am

Netflix isn’t part of Virgin Suffs. It’s a subscription add-on if you have a Smart TV. We have it because my son has it and you can add a certain number of people to your Netflix account. Same with Amazon Prime.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 29th, 2020, 12:00 pm

Yes .... but we could subscribe to Netflix and add it to our package via Virgin but haven’t done so.
suffolk
Registered

Postby miss mouse » February 29th, 2020, 1:08 pm

miss mouse
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 29th, 2020, 1:10 pm

I’ve beaten them down a few times, but it sneaks back up again ... I’ll probably have another go when I get a round tuit ;)
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 29th, 2020, 2:46 pm

You need to note when the end of the contract is due and haggle immediately. Shocking that one has to do that but the savings are huge.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 29th, 2020, 4:00 pm

Got it EM ... we moved in during August so presumably it’ll be then ... id better check the account online . :tu:
suffolk
Registered

Postby patpoyntz » February 29th, 2020, 7:23 pm

We have been pleased with plusnet, but recently the charges seem to have increased. OH rang them and they said our contract had ended and they had sent an em telling us...neither of us have seen that!...however a bit of negotiating and now our payment is just over half what is was lately. You just have to be prepared to give up hours of your time to talk to them!
patpoyntz
Registered

Postby miss mouse » March 1st, 2020, 7:47 am

miss mouse
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 1st, 2020, 8:25 am

My changeover date is 11th March, lets see how smoothly it goes, or not.

Lovely day so far, need to get out in the garden as I have 30 feet of Privet hedge to grub out, it is shared with my neighbour but she lives on her own so guess who will be doing all the hard work.
The plus side is the ground is sodden which should help in the removal.
hickybank
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 1st, 2020, 8:38 am

Yes lovely here too. I accidentally got up rather erly and have been pootling around tidying the hall (quietly) and trying to work out how to use my Christmas present - a manual speedlite for my camera.

The plan today was to go to Croydon Airport, which has it's monthly open day today. Not sure how interesting this will be, but won't know unless I go!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croydon_Airport
Might brave Ikea for some nice Swedish cheese while we are in the area , if we do go....might be better going somehwere a bit more outdoorsy considering the rather splendid weather forecast. This is all husband-dependent though. He's still asleep.

I have gardening to do too. The water levels have risen since Friday morning's 5 or so inches measurement.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 1st, 2020, 8:50 am

I didn't know you could still visit the aerodrome, Herbi (or even that any of it was still there!). My father was a child during the 20s & 30s, they lived nearby and he loved to watch the planes. I have his collection of photos and postcards from the time.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » March 1st, 2020, 9:32 am

good morning, all.
bright and not raining (at the moment) although the prediction is for just about everything other than snow.
i have a meeting this afternoon but nothing else planned.
as we didn't go anywhere yesterday i'm down to emergency milk (a carton of skimmed - tastes better than semi skimmed or whole uht).
coffilepathy doesn't seem to be working yet.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 1st, 2020, 9:49 am

Good morning all
Bright and breezy here ... a quiet day at home today ... just some bread to make and potatoes to peel. I shall also investigate the progress of the white sprouting broccoli when I go out there to pick parsley for a sauce.
Plenty of coffee here Scully ... help yourself :mug: :mug: :mug:
Have a good day all
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » March 1st, 2020, 10:36 am

Good morning
We too have sun
I looked at one of my pots yesterday, it had 3 dying pansies in it, I was a bit worried about it as all the other pansies are fine, and I was sure I’d put bulbs in there too.
When I looked carefully in the sunshine there were bulbs coming up, but everything was swarming with greenfly. Aphids in February! I removed the pansy foliage and rubbed them off the new shoots. Can’t remember what kind of bulbs they are though.

Have a good day
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 1st, 2020, 9:14 pm

Ended up going to a wildlife centre instead of Croydon airport. It seemed a shame not to be outdoors. Cute otters (gadzillions of small children...), and lunch in a country pub. Will definitely do CA at some point though.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby musselsandfries » March 1st, 2020, 10:09 pm

Croydon Airport is really good, most of the volunteer guides are human encyclopaedias, with great stories. Took Goddaughter when she was 15 and she became their youngest volunteer until university.
musselsandfries
Registered

Postby scullion » March 2nd, 2020, 7:50 am

good morning, all.
sunny at the moment - i think we are due rain this afternoon.
busy day, today. trip over to camborne then up to bodmin this morning. this afternoon, i have to wait in for someone to come and measure up for some granite and, this evening, a talk on wild pollinators and honey bee foraging preferences. the person uses something called dna metabarcoding to find which plants are visited. - sounds interesting.
i have coffee.
have a grand day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 2nd, 2020, 8:09 am

Dark and full here. Might be drizzling. My eyesigth doesn't seem to be very good this momring. Headache related maybe.

Basil has seemed very out of sorts for the last few days. Being not obssessed with food is not a good sign. We are booked in to discuss with the operation with the vet on Thursday. At this rate we may be taking Basil with us :(

Herbidacious
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 2nd, 2020, 8:23 am

Sunny here, bowls this afternoon might try to grub i bit more hedge out if I can be arsed but probably :D not
hickybank
Registered

Postby StokeySue » March 2nd, 2020, 10:00 am

Good morning
Very average here at the moment, grey and it rained overnight
Out later, eye treatment then local history club, which could be a slightly awkward double
Need to do stuff first, did various awkward bits yesterday cleaning coffee machine and dishwasher, unblocking toilet ( not completely blocked but trying)
Have a good day everyone
StokeySue
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 3rd, 2020, 8:04 am

Bright start here & set to get better, will grub out a little more hedge then get to a nature reserve with the camera
Have a good day.
hickybank
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 3rd, 2020, 8:36 am

Yes lovely here too right now. 4 day headache seems to have shifted at last. Basil seemed a little brighter earlier, but this maybe wishful thinking. He's still not eating much. He shows interest, but then doesn't eat what I give him.

Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » March 3rd, 2020, 8:50 am

good morning, all.
brightening, with full sun patches later - bread. there will also be rain.
yoga in a bit.
our trip to camborne was eventful in a sad and undesirable way.
we parked in tesco's carpark, did a quick shop, my partner trundled off to do the thing we went over there for while i queued at the checkout. the woman in front of me was having difficulty at the till due to the fact that she had tesco vouchers on her phone ap that the scanner said she had already used. there seemed to be an impasse. i pointed out that if the vouchers weren't valid surely they would have disappeared from the ap.
after a bit i moved to a self checkout. it was only a minute or two later that i heard voices raised and the woman start to cry. she was led to another checkout to 'be calmed down' by one of the supervisors who still insisted that she wasn't due one of the vouchers (a stranger had already given her the equivalent of the voucher - pointed out by the supervisor - so what? - that wasn't the point!).
i asked the woman if she was ok - to which the supervisor said yes, she was - so i asked the woman again if she was ok. i left when she had said yes.
after putting the small bit of shopping in the car i went to join my partner - but couldn't. there were police tapes across the road from where i was and another line where my partner had been heading to, thirty or forty metres away.
police cars and ambulance were there and my first thought was that someone had been knocked over on the zebra crossing.
not having seen the tape and road block on the way in, my first thought was for my partner - a concern soon dispelled when i could see him outside the place he had gone to.
to pick up him, and the item we'd gone for, took a long detour in the car as the thing was too heavy to walk round by the walkable detour.
we learned, later, that a woman had been murdered in one of the cottages earlier in the morning.
the rest of the day was less eventful and the talk on bees and pollinators was really interesting. i will be waging a lesser war on the brambles in the garden as they are now one of the most important forage flowers for bees since the decline of white clover in 'improved' grassland.
better shift.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 3rd, 2020, 9:11 am

Good morning

Scully :hug: :hug: :hug: a very sad day ... ...

I'm glad you enjoyed the talk in the evening .... many days in my early childhood were spent in a meadow full of white clover ... one of my favourite books is HE Bates' The Country of White Clover ... so evocative of the English countryside of my youth. If Buds of May has put you off Bates' work, do try The Country of White Clover ... it's a very different book.

We have sunshine here and OH's backpack is stuffed with rhubarb for his colleagues ... DS is concerned for me should the present situation lead to panic buying and the breakdown of civil society. I have assured him that we will be able to exist on our supplies of rhubarb and white sprouting broccoli (to be followed by broad beans and gooseberries) for several months :lol:

Glad the head's better Herbi.

Have a good day all :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby hickybank » March 3rd, 2020, 9:32 am

Update, managed to grub out another 7 bushes before my stomach muscles said they had had enough, off to the butchers next then out to the natur. reserve
hickybank
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop