I'VE JOINED SLIMMING WORLD!

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: I'VE JOINED SLIMMING WORLD!

Postby aero280 » June 1st, 2018, 8:23 pm

Finally arrived home from two weeks in German hotels, and found that my weight has stayed the same. :) The walking helped though. :o
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby EmWilk » June 1st, 2018, 10:47 pm

Oooh well done EM and aero on the maintains!

I am going in the morning to weigh in... I really ought to stop shovelling this biryani into to face :oops:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 2nd, 2018, 6:55 am

Good luck em! I had to smile at your comments 're breaking your fast on the other thread. I work with quite a few people who observe the fast, it always seems cruel to eat in their presence.

I think aero deserves congratulations rather more than me. He's already reached his target!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 2nd, 2018, 9:29 am

Well, how very irritating... I put half a pound on?! Maybe last weekend did the damage as Monday to Friday have been well within plan. And I cut the carbs down from my usual amounts too. I think I can safely say goodbye to the hope of hitting target by the end of my countdown :|

Urgh, how annoying. I'll keep going though... blaahhh :rolleyes:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 2nd, 2018, 12:09 pm

EmWilk wrote:Well, how very irritating... I put half a pound on?! Maybe last weekend did the damage as Monday to Friday have been well within plan. And I cut the carbs down from my usual amounts too. I think I can safely say goodbye to the hope of hitting target by the end of my countdown :|

Urgh, how annoying. I'll keep going though... blaahhh :rolleyes:

You've maintained 0.5lb is not gaining weight. It's never going to be exactly the same number to the point, that's impossible. Stop being so critical and pat yourself on the back for what you have achieved. :tu:
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 2nd, 2018, 9:28 pm

0.5 is neither here nor there, I don't mind that. I'm more bothered that I've actually tried for 2 weeks and I'm still at the same place.

Having said that, I feel like I've tried but I guess 1-2 days of not trying followed by trying isn't the same ;)

Today wasn't an improvement on that theme :lol:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 2nd, 2018, 10:24 pm

I think you're right! That's my downfall too .. :rolleyes:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Well despite deserving the pain of the class, I've made the executive decision to stay at home and have a nice lazy morning! I weighed myself and I'm no different to last week so I can't be bothered.

I've eaten very off plan on Saturday including lots of bread. Big breakfast, lunch and a 3 course dinner out on Sunday. Takeaway on monday. Ate out Tuesday evening, including dessert and very loosely on plan the rest of the week and I'm still in the same place! Which makes me even more annoyed about the last 2 weeks results!

Anyhow, there's not too much planned this week to trip me up, other than a planned indian deli treat for my friends birthday so I shall see how it goes.

Back to basics as Gavin would be telling me right now if I was at the group and not sat at home with a (SW style) breakfast pitta, wholemeal of course :rolleyes:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 9th, 2018, 9:24 pm

:lol: ... I couldn't get there this week either. Next week we'll be glowing examples of sticking to plan :lol: :lol: :lol:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 9th, 2018, 10:49 pm

It's to be hoped! Good luck! Do you follow any slimming world instagrammers, EM? I find them good for inspiration, some of them but a lot are quite samey...
EmWilk
Registered

Postby icelesley » June 10th, 2018, 7:00 am

I don't go to meetings but I do use the menus and recipes in the magazine. This week I have lost three and a half pounds :bounce: :bounce:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 10th, 2018, 7:55 am

Well done icey! Your daily meals on the other thread always look very admirable.

No em, I haven't looked at those. I'm great at planning but my lifestyle is such that daily plans tend to change, making original plans totally impractical ... hence the often quick meals using whatever can be reached or bought quickly or eating something delicious and naughty offered by someone else :oops:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 10th, 2018, 1:00 pm

earthmaiden wrote:or eating something delicious and naughty offered by someone else

Ah but that's ok because everybody knows that food offered by someone else is syn free. It would be a sin to refused it because that would be rude :D ;)
Catherine
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 10th, 2018, 1:10 pm

icelesley wrote:I don't go to meetings but I do use the menus and recipes in the magazine. This week I have lost three and a half pounds :bounce: :bounce:

I might have to try that …. :tu: :tu: :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 16th, 2018, 9:39 am

Well, I wasn't a glowing example of sticking to the plan, as we'd hoped EM but I lost half a pound. So really, for the last month, despite having some very good weeks and some very bad weeks, I've stayed the same throughout.

It's my last week on the countdown next week and I wasn't planning on buying another but I might just. See how I feel.

Good luck EM, hope you've done ok and everyone else too.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm

EmWilk wrote:Well, I wasn't a glowing example of sticking to the plan, as we'd hoped EM but I lost half a pound. So really, for the last month, despite having some very good weeks and some very bad weeks, I've stayed the same throughout.

It's my last week on the countdown next week and I wasn't planning on buying another but I might just. See how I feel.

Good luck EM, hope you've done ok and everyone else too.

You have done and ARE doing well Em. This isn't a race and there are no wrongs or rights. Overall you have lost weight and you are not gaining any. It is ok to plateau for a bit, it is normal. The main thing is not to give up and regain the weight. BUT, even of you do you haven't failed, you are still you and you can lose again if you want to. The best success comes from steady slow weight loss. Don't be harsh on yourself and never stop having fun.
Catherine
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 16th, 2018, 2:26 pm

Well done EM! As Catherine says, slow but sure is the way and shows you must have been thinking about it as well as having a few treats.

I just haven't been able to get to any local group this week as the times clash with work, sleep or babysitting. I haven't weighed myself but having a countdown does make me stop and think so it helps even if I don't lose. Tonight there's a Costco buffet at work ...the worst thing really. I shall weigh myself on Monday.
earthmaiden
Registered

Previous

Return to The Coffee Shop