I'VE JOINED SLIMMING WORLD!

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: I'VE JOINED SLIMMING WORLD!

Postby aero280 » June 1st, 2018, 8:23 pm

Finally arrived home from two weeks in German hotels, and found that my weight has stayed the same. :) The walking helped though. :o
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby EmWilk » June 1st, 2018, 10:47 pm

Oooh well done EM and aero on the maintains!

I am going in the morning to weigh in... I really ought to stop shovelling this biryani into to face :oops:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 2nd, 2018, 6:55 am

Good luck em! I had to smile at your comments 're breaking your fast on the other thread. I work with quite a few people who observe the fast, it always seems cruel to eat in their presence.

I think aero deserves congratulations rather more than me. He's already reached his target!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 2nd, 2018, 9:29 am

Well, how very irritating... I put half a pound on?! Maybe last weekend did the damage as Monday to Friday have been well within plan. And I cut the carbs down from my usual amounts too. I think I can safely say goodbye to the hope of hitting target by the end of my countdown :|

Urgh, how annoying. I'll keep going though... blaahhh :rolleyes:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 2nd, 2018, 12:09 pm

EmWilk wrote:Well, how very irritating... I put half a pound on?! Maybe last weekend did the damage as Monday to Friday have been well within plan. And I cut the carbs down from my usual amounts too. I think I can safely say goodbye to the hope of hitting target by the end of my countdown :|

Urgh, how annoying. I'll keep going though... blaahhh :rolleyes:

You've maintained 0.5lb is not gaining weight. It's never going to be exactly the same number to the point, that's impossible. Stop being so critical and pat yourself on the back for what you have achieved. :tu:
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 2nd, 2018, 9:28 pm

0.5 is neither here nor there, I don't mind that. I'm more bothered that I've actually tried for 2 weeks and I'm still at the same place.

Having said that, I feel like I've tried but I guess 1-2 days of not trying followed by trying isn't the same ;)

Today wasn't an improvement on that theme :lol:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 2nd, 2018, 10:24 pm

I think you're right! That's my downfall too .. :rolleyes:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Well despite deserving the pain of the class, I've made the executive decision to stay at home and have a nice lazy morning! I weighed myself and I'm no different to last week so I can't be bothered.

I've eaten very off plan on Saturday including lots of bread. Big breakfast, lunch and a 3 course dinner out on Sunday. Takeaway on monday. Ate out Tuesday evening, including dessert and very loosely on plan the rest of the week and I'm still in the same place! Which makes me even more annoyed about the last 2 weeks results!

Anyhow, there's not too much planned this week to trip me up, other than a planned indian deli treat for my friends birthday so I shall see how it goes.

Back to basics as Gavin would be telling me right now if I was at the group and not sat at home with a (SW style) breakfast pitta, wholemeal of course :rolleyes:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 9th, 2018, 9:24 pm

:lol: ... I couldn't get there this week either. Next week we'll be glowing examples of sticking to plan :lol: :lol: :lol:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 9th, 2018, 10:49 pm

It's to be hoped! Good luck! Do you follow any slimming world instagrammers, EM? I find them good for inspiration, some of them but a lot are quite samey...
EmWilk
Registered

Postby icelesley » June 10th, 2018, 7:00 am

I don't go to meetings but I do use the menus and recipes in the magazine. This week I have lost three and a half pounds :bounce: :bounce:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 10th, 2018, 7:55 am

Well done icey! Your daily meals on the other thread always look very admirable.

No em, I haven't looked at those. I'm great at planning but my lifestyle is such that daily plans tend to change, making original plans totally impractical ... hence the often quick meals using whatever can be reached or bought quickly or eating something delicious and naughty offered by someone else :oops:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 10th, 2018, 1:00 pm

earthmaiden wrote:or eating something delicious and naughty offered by someone else

Ah but that's ok because everybody knows that food offered by someone else is syn free. It would be a sin to refused it because that would be rude :D ;)
Catherine
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 10th, 2018, 1:10 pm

icelesley wrote:I don't go to meetings but I do use the menus and recipes in the magazine. This week I have lost three and a half pounds :bounce: :bounce:

I might have to try that …. :tu: :tu: :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 16th, 2018, 9:39 am

Well, I wasn't a glowing example of sticking to the plan, as we'd hoped EM but I lost half a pound. So really, for the last month, despite having some very good weeks and some very bad weeks, I've stayed the same throughout.

It's my last week on the countdown next week and I wasn't planning on buying another but I might just. See how I feel.

Good luck EM, hope you've done ok and everyone else too.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm

EmWilk wrote:Well, I wasn't a glowing example of sticking to the plan, as we'd hoped EM but I lost half a pound. So really, for the last month, despite having some very good weeks and some very bad weeks, I've stayed the same throughout.

It's my last week on the countdown next week and I wasn't planning on buying another but I might just. See how I feel.

Good luck EM, hope you've done ok and everyone else too.

You have done and ARE doing well Em. This isn't a race and there are no wrongs or rights. Overall you have lost weight and you are not gaining any. It is ok to plateau for a bit, it is normal. The main thing is not to give up and regain the weight. BUT, even of you do you haven't failed, you are still you and you can lose again if you want to. The best success comes from steady slow weight loss. Don't be harsh on yourself and never stop having fun.
Catherine
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 16th, 2018, 2:26 pm

Well done EM! As Catherine says, slow but sure is the way and shows you must have been thinking about it as well as having a few treats.

I just haven't been able to get to any local group this week as the times clash with work, sleep or babysitting. I haven't weighed myself but having a countdown does make me stop and think so it helps even if I don't lose. Tonight there's a Costco buffet at work ...the worst thing really. I shall weigh myself on Monday.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 2nd, 2018, 10:27 am

After our time in London last week and over indulging a bit I had been dreading getting on the scales, but braved them this morning....... :o :o :o :o Still loosing...... :o :o now lost nearly 9 kg. Nurse is over the moon with my chlorestorel levels and does not want to see me until next year. I also have 14 weeks of no alcohol under my belt. Feeling rather smug...... :D
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby EmWilk » July 7th, 2018, 7:25 pm

I've missed the last 3 weeks so I had 3 weeks worth of damage to face... I've put on 1.5lbs which isn't so bad in the grand scheme but still that bit further from target.

I need a renewed spirit and I feel like I've got it actually. But I've got my birthday tomorrow :?
I really want a good week to kick start me again but it'll have to start from Monday this week.

9.5lbs to go. It shouldn't even be a question as to whether I can do it in the remaining 5 weeks of my countdown. But I know it will be.

The group leader says that I should definitely be losing 2lbs a week even if I've not got much to lose. I think I've only lost 2+lbs in a week 3 times over the last 6 months!!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 14th, 2018, 6:05 pm

14 days on and really had been putting off going anywhere near the scales ! Succumbed today and amazed to see I have now (4 months today since I gave up alcohol) lost 10kg - Have not really been counting calories so it all has to be about the abstaining from booze plus some work around the garden. Summer has made us eat less meat and more veg from the garden so I guess that may have some bearing on it. I have missed a meal here and there over the past 3 weeks due to lifes busyness.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 14th, 2018, 9:37 pm

We'll done Zosh! I expect to manage to get back to SW the week after next. I can tell I've put on a ton so will have to get with it in the next couple of weeks!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » July 15th, 2018, 8:43 am

Amazing Zosh, that's really good... you must feel fab! I wish I drank a lot so I could give it up and see the effects :lol:

This last week I had 2 days "off" Saturday and Sunday for my birthday and then I hammered the plan, keeping the SAS log which is an extra tool given by the consultant.

The only "breaches" to the plan were a meal out on Thursday where I had a Thai mixed starter, a fairly healthy main and 2 beers. And then Friday when work got me a birthday cake and I had a big slab.

I thought the on and off days would balance each other out for a maintain so was pleased to find out I lost 2.5lb and got my 1.5 stone award.

7lb to go for first target.
Then another 6lb to take me to 10st but not sure whether I'll go for that yet. Post-leo my hips are wider, etc so I don't know whether this frame would suit 10st. I'll decide WHEN I get to the first goal!

Good luck EM, hope you're pleasantly surprised when you go back!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 15th, 2018, 8:56 am

Thanks ladies,

Gosh you are both 'EM's' hadn't realised that until now ! Keep at it, this hot weather should help, what with loss of appetite and lots of water to drink.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 16th, 2018, 9:14 am

Thanks em. I have just stepped onto the scales for the first time in a while and it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. I should be able to get down to at least where I was by the time I go back.

Big congrats on your 1.5 stone award! I think we get used to looking larger and feel we don't want to go down to sizes we haven't been in a good while. In actual fact, if it is still a healthy weight it would look great (and there really isn't any reason why a baby should make hips grow). I think you should reserve judgement until you get there. The only time people started to say I looked too thin was when I managed to get down to 8 stone (I am only 5' 3" tall). I have a way to go before I reach that dilemma again :oops:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby aero280 » July 16th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Congraulations on losing all that! :)
aero280
Site Admin

Postby aero280 » July 16th, 2018, 1:01 pm

This was related by a friend. He was discussing slimming, around the water cooler...

A girl was complaining that she had come home from work and had a shower. Then she weighed herself. She then was thirsty and "had a big glass of water". Then she weighed herself again for some reason. "I found that I had put on weight. I shouldn't have, because there's no calories in water, is there?"
aero280
Site Admin

Postby dennispc » July 16th, 2018, 3:00 pm

That made me smile aero280.

I posted a question on 'what have you baked today' and repeat it here as there might be more traffic.

Would a pyrex dish with dough in it taken from a fridge at 5C, cope with being put into a hot oven at 230C? Thanks.
Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Postby dennispc » July 16th, 2018, 3:23 pm

:oops: Doh, wrong thread. It was meant to be in Chatterbox - I'll have another go.
Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 27th, 2018, 10:28 am

Back to SW today. First time since 1st June with lots of naughty things since then :oops:. I'd put on 4lb which could have been worse.
The lady who has lost 5 stone is now 1lb off 6 stone. She's just back from a cruise and stuck to her guns all the way through. She looks amazing and has so much more vitality. A real example to sluggards like me. Would love my final total to be 6 stone.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 27th, 2018, 12:11 pm

I am just wondering how much she weighd when she joined? Or is that an indiscrete question?
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 27th, 2018, 3:06 pm

I don't know, but she was a very large lady.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » July 27th, 2018, 4:54 pm

I went last week and had maintained which, considering the food is eaten that week, was about right.

I'm hoping for a loss tomorrow, even though I had KFC last night :oops: and pizza at some point :oops: :oops:

Well done EM, you enjoyed yourself on hols and 4lbs is perfectly acceptable!

I have 6lbs to go... it sounds so minimal but it's taking some time.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby EmWilk » July 28th, 2018, 9:13 pm

Hmmmm.... maintain. Need to get my backside in gear!!

Maybe I need to move to some SP days.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 28th, 2018, 9:36 pm

Better than gaining! Well done.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » August 2nd, 2018, 9:20 pm

Zosherooney wrote:After our time in London last week and over indulging a bit I had been dreading getting on the scales, but braved them this morning....... :o :o :o :o Still loosing...... :o :o now lost nearly 9 kg. Nurse is over the moon with my chlorestorel levels and does not want to see me until next year. I also have 14 weeks of no alcohol under my belt. Feeling rather smug...... :D

BRAVO! :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel:

:kneel:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 2nd, 2018, 10:41 pm

Slight update, worryingly, I seem to have developed recently, a craving for sweet stuff, I was always a savoury gal....

I also made the fatal mistake of shopping when ravenously hungry..... :o
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 19th, 2018, 11:20 pm

I lost 2lbs the other week and then maintained the week after.
Since then, I've lost definitely been off plan during my week off (had booked a holiday week from SW too) so I have a week to undo the damage and hopefully lose a touch more. 4 weeks til holiday, 5lbs to go (from last weigh in).

We have no shopping in... tomorrow will be tough!!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 20th, 2018, 10:45 pm

Good luck em!

I had lost the 4lbs put on two weeks before last week but had to miss this week due to work/sleep/childcare and will miss this week too :rolleyes: . I'd like to think I could lose 8lbs or more before going again ... it's not really happening at the moment!
earthmaiden
Registered

Previous

Return to The Coffee Shop