daffodils

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: daffodils

Postby Zosherooney » February 12th, 2018, 4:29 pm

IMG_0601.JPG
Taken this morning with the sun shining. This lot have been out now for nearly a month. I know, surprising isn't it ? Every time we have a frost they bend right over and are flat on the ground, as the day warms up they lift their heads. This cold snap has made them last much longer
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 12th, 2018, 4:36 pm

IMG_0609.JPG
The rockery bed with water feature.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 12th, 2018, 6:24 pm

Lovely Zosh! :luv:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » February 12th, 2018, 7:14 pm

Beautiful garden Zosh.
I have a few about to burst.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 12th, 2018, 7:17 pm

Lovely ... lots of light too. :D Your grass is looking very good :tu:
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 13th, 2018, 6:47 am

I do love my garden :luv: Thanks for your kind and complimentary comments. We only cut the grass Suff ! Whereas the lady at my other house has a man that comes around every 6/8 weeks and she gives him £600 a year and hers is a pocket handkerchief !!! :o
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 13th, 2018, 7:20 am

Well, we could have our own Wildie garden show and be proud! (as long as mine wasn't included :lol: ). Daffs looking wonderful Zosh, they must be an early variety. All the effort you put into your garden really pays off.

Suffs, a nice gift indeed. There are so many varieties from different places it is easy to see how people get hooked on spotting and collecting.

I'm really surprised that Sue hasn't seen any snowdrops, what a shame. There were loads in our local wild park just after Christmas and I seem to have seen them everywhere without trying this year.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 13th, 2018, 7:30 am

Zosh ... regular mowing with a well maintained mower is the best thing you can do for a lawn ... think yours is also showing the benefit of your milder southern climate :mrgreen:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 13th, 2018, 10:41 am

suffolk wrote:Sorry about the quality of the photo ... my phone camera can't cope with the low sunlight ... but these are some of our snowdrops and hellebores .......... no daffodils just yet, but there will be .......

That could be my garden Suffs .... I have had Iris Reticulata in one of my large pots (that also contains an Olive) for some time now ,... and I don't even remember planting them .. last year the same pot had fritillaries growing in it ! :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 26th, 2018, 12:45 pm

Our native-type daffodils (Narcissus pseudonarcissus) are coming into bloom this week ... the little Tete a tetes have been blooming about a fortnight.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 26th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Next week we'll take a trip to a place which is usually covered in wild narciss, My tete a tetes are past and gone but the dawrf tulips are now flowering in the balcony bowes.

pat I love it when Spring flowers pop up where you are least expecting them or forgot you had planted them!
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Busybee » March 26th, 2018, 1:07 pm

Tête-à-tête in the window box but that’s it so far. All the daffs and tulips are through but don’t look particularly close to flowering. It’s been a very cold spring here, but a good forecast this week so we may make a flower before Easter.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 26th, 2018, 2:39 pm

Mr. Z. cut some cherry blossom stems in the hope that they might enjoy the warmth inside and be in flower for Easter.

I also inherited some spiffing very lemon daffs, they are planted behind a bushy shrub so always pick some and bring them indoors , they are like 'switching a light on' !

I too, have a few snakes head fritillary - gorgeous flowers - so unusual
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 26th, 2018, 2:48 pm

Aren't they gorgeous Zosh ... when I was growing up a neighbouring farm had a meadow full of them ... the farmer was very protective of it and when he died it was given to the local Wildlife Trust ... gorgeous picture here http://www.suffolkwildlifetrust.org/res ... ary-meadow ... some years the meadow has many more flowers than in the photo.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 26th, 2018, 3:35 pm

suffolk wrote:Our native-type daffodils (Narcissus pseudonarcissus) are coming into bloom this week ... the little Tete a tetes have been blooming about a fortnight.

I planted about 100 of the 'native' daffs last year and several of them are in flower ... also a little clump of tete á tetes that were once in a pot ! ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 26th, 2018, 6:07 pm

Beautiful Suff, and so many of them ! I think I have about 4 !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 27th, 2018, 9:32 am

Increasing numbers of these determined things are coming up through the tarmac which was laid in 2016. Not sure if these ones are stinted or dwarf varieties. There are some full sized ones outside our house. Not sure if this is sad or optimistic!

IMG_5732.JPG
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Busybee » March 31st, 2018, 7:31 am

Spring has sprung...........I have one lonely daffodil out in the garden. The window box is now full of cheery tête-à-tête, and a couple of tulips look as if they are not far off blooming.

More importantly I saw my first lambs of the year, some farm/animal park places have had lambs earlier but these were the first out in the fields normal lambing type ones. Not bad considering sheep were still being dug out of snowdrifts ten days ago!

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 31st, 2018, 10:39 am

Lots of buds here - and some tête-à-tête which were out before the first lot of snow but are still going strong. There are such lovely daffs all around the town and hedgerows though. They are my favourite flower, I would far rather be given bunches of them than any more expensive flowers ... or tulips. Not seen any lambs yet even though out and about in an area where we might have seen them over the past couple of days.
earthmaiden
Registered

Previous

Return to The Coffee Shop