What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Pepper Pig » January 17th, 2018, 5:15 pm

Our central heating has packed up so SW can go hang. Sausages, cauliflower cheese and jacket potatoes tonight. Followed by gooseberry crumble. That should warm us until the plumber arrives tomorrow.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 17th, 2018, 5:24 pm

Sounds delicious, pp.

I cooked up onions and garlic last night, then spotted something else that needed eating up. Not sure what to do with them.

I had a chilli nacho bake for lunch.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby smitch » January 17th, 2018, 7:38 pm

Breakfast was a pastry and decaf coffee. Felt the beginnings of yet another migraine today, 3rd one in 10 days so also took a tablet and was ok.

Dinner was a boring sandwich and some fruit. Tea was fab, I booked a 50% off deal at a bar in town that I hadn’t eaten at before. I had tofu katsu curry which was lovely, I’ll definitely go back there.

No idea about tomorrow. Oldest rat is at the vets all day, her ear infection seems to have made a comeback. We’ll be dropping them off at 8am and not collecting them till after work so will be home late. We seem to be at the vet all the time at the moment :( At least her daughter has recovered from the respiratory problem she had over Christmas.
smitch
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 17th, 2018, 7:49 pm

Oooh PP even the thought of the heating packing up makes me miserable! Your tea sounds fab.

This morning, I didn't even make it through the door at work before being collared for one thing or another and before i knew it, it was lunch time. I had jacket potato, beans and salad.

Tea is set to be steak and veg stir fried and served with noodles. Maybe a fried egg too. The excitement!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 17th, 2018, 9:25 pm

Pepper Pig wrote:Our central heating has packed up so SW can go hang. Sausages, cauliflower cheese and jacket potatoes tonight. Followed by gooseberry crumble. That should warm us until the plumber arrives tomorrow.

Oh goodness PP I couldn't cope with that. My electric blanket would be on and I'd be snuggled under the duet with a good book on the kindle. I really struggle in the cold weather and often go blue which freaks most people out. You dinner should give a belly hug if nothing else, though I personally can't stand cauliflower cheese. A proper crumble always hits the spot
Catherine
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 18th, 2018, 7:30 am

Hope you get it sorted today PP. Layer up in the meantime and hopefully you’ve got some crumble leftovers!

We’ve been up half the night with a sick toddler...showers at 2am aren’t fun, neither is the crazy wind causing a power cut and setting off the burglar alarm when the power came back on at 4am.

So far today I’ve had cereal and coffee. The cereal was a couple of hours ago so I may have some toast soon.

Carbonara for dinner tonight for us and DD will be on the bananas/rice/apples/toast diet for today.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 18th, 2018, 10:27 am

Yesterday we had blue cheese and peartoasties followed by clementines and dates for lunch.

Supper was Lyonnaise chicken parcels with broccoli then a prune apricot and fig Far Breton - I adore Far.

Lunch today will be an onion tarte tatin - I want to try a recipe from Saveurs. Ive got fish for fish cakes w and parsley sauce. Plenty of far left :drool: hich I will serve with parrmesan fennel
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 18th, 2018, 1:52 pm

That sounds like a dreadful night, OMCO. Sorry to hear about your little one. I hope they are feeling a bit better today.

We used to have a burglar alarm, but decided to stop using it, and thought it was properly disconnected until one night (after our BT land line came back on after a six week period of being inoperative) it started emitting at high pitched wail at 1am. Because we were no longer subscribed to the company, they would do nothing to help. We ended up paying hundreds to get some unaffiliated person to disconnect it in the small hours. Meanwhile we'd been taking turns to stand on step ladders holding pillows etc over it to try to damped the ear-damaging noise.

So you have my sympathy and empathy!

I am working at home today trying to tackle Mansfield Park. Everything has been making me feel a bit sick for the last six days, so I didn't enjoy my vegetarian sausage and aioli sandwich as much as I'd hoped. Last night was a retro (veggie) mince and onions with peas affair.

Tonight I need to eat up an M&S cauliflower cheese which I bought on Sunday, as standby meal, not envisaging it need to be eaten up quite so quickly. This has happened a lot lately. Have supermarkets shortened their shelf lives again, or have I just slipped into a time warp? Some of us don't have time to shop more than once a week...
Last edited by Herbidacious on January 18th, 2018, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 18th, 2018, 2:59 pm

OMCO So sorry I kind of missed your post and I didn't sympathise. I do now :hug: I'm afraid little people never ever choose convenient times to throw up (or down)

There is only one house in the hameau that has a burglar alarm and it is rarely lived in since our friends died the key
and the concierge company used to ring us at all hours . We finally told the company we simply couldn't take the responsibiliy- especially as we got no thanks from the remaining family.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 18th, 2018, 4:18 pm

Sorry to hear all that OMCO
I can't think of anything interesting I've eaten
Oh yes 0 I made a veggie shepherd's pie for a my fast day, it was very good and I have another for my next fast day (and two more in the freezer)
Also been eating herring salad :chops:

Book club tonight so just nibbles or pizza,
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Rocky » January 19th, 2018, 10:29 am

Hope Lilia's fully recovered!

On Monday I had a meeting that didn't end until 7:30 :( so we had a Chinese takeaway - roast pork noodles, beef and broc and hot n sour soup. Delicious. It not rely Monday food! Tuesday was omlette and salad. Wednesday OH was out and I had salmon and roasted veg. Last night he had pasta and pesto with bacon, cherry toms and courgette and I had some of the sauce with roasted local sweet potato (that is bright pink on the outside and white on the inside). Not sure tonight. I usually finish at 1 on Friday but am so extraordinarily busy that won't happen so I will stay on and then try a long run home - meaning shopping in the local shop which limits choose. Possibly tilapia fillets as fish n chips
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 19th, 2018, 1:30 pm

Porridge for Mr R for breakfast,

Marseilles fish soup with rouille crutons and cheese for lunch and I baked a sherry and almond cake for DD's arrival.

Tonight some friends are coming round for drinks and then we are having duck confit with Sarladaise potatoes and broccoli. Follwed by creme brulee and cheese for those who need/want it. I am trying to provide food they love and can't get at home.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 19th, 2018, 6:07 pm

Book club nibbles turned out to be ham and cheese croquettes and cheese and crackers :tu:

Today is a fast day
I made soup based on a Giada de Lauentiis recipe, shallots, bulb fennel, lettuce, green peas and a pinch of fennel seed. Very good
Supper will be a second veggie shepherd's pie and perhaps a side veg, I have leeks and courgettes
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Gruney » January 19th, 2018, 6:55 pm

Tonight, I'll be having part two of a Mike Robinson recipe, involving gammon shanks, lots of sliced red onions and Grannie Smiths, honey and whole mustard - pot roasted in a bottle of strong cider, with rather a lot of double cream stirred in at the end. Absolutely superb.
Gruney
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 19th, 2018, 9:23 pm

Poor Lilia, hope she's ok now.

Yesterday, I had leftover noodles for lunch. An alpen bar and a tangerine.
Went to visit grandad in hospital last night straight from work so only got home at half 8. OH had decided he could wait no longer :rolleyes: And decided to make tea....... for himself :twisted: uncharacteristically selfish of him I thought. So I sulked and then eventually had a bowl of weetabix about half 10.

Today, I had porridge and apple for breakfast.
Offsite meeting and went a bit wild and got fish n chips which was quite nice.
Have just had leftover veg and noodles for tea with a salmon fillet. Still feel hungry actually but I daren't eat after all that fish n chips :lol: actually I might have an alpen bar and a brew while I carry on with a mountain of work :rolleyes:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby icelesley » January 20th, 2018, 8:06 am

Breakfast: toast and marmalade
Lunch: poached egg on a muffin
Dinner: cheese salad for me and as it is OH's 70th birthday he is having a big juicy rump steak with all the trimmings followed by a fruit salad and cream. All washed down with a bottle of Malbec :chops:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 20th, 2018, 11:52 pm

Bacon and egg barm this morning with a cappuccino and then an earl grey.
Nothing then til around 5 when I had a leftover salmon fillet on its own which there was no plans for. Thought it'd see me through til I made my tea after little fella was in bed.
Tea was pork bulgogi with vegetable fried rice (well, a healthy SW adapted version anyway).

My tummy feels and sounds like a washing machine at the moment... I am hoping it's just louder than normal digestion :?
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » January 21st, 2018, 11:29 am

Happy birthday Ice's OH.

Ended up doing the quiz on Friday so had fish and chips. Yesterday (after a morning on the beach with a gorgeous dog we are looking after :luv: )had a child's portion on chicken curry with chips for lunch. OH was out with clients at night so made the garden veggie pie from BBC GoodFood. More beach fun with the pup this morning and out again for lunch so possibly fish tacos. OH is out again tonight and I'm feeling a bit uninspired....
Rocky
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 21st, 2018, 12:42 pm

Most of our intakes yesterday comprised of lunchtime lagers and cheese and onion crisps. Never doing that again. I feel ropey as!

Dad bought a chicken and mushroom pie for our dinner which we had with new potatoes and veg.

I couldn't face breakfast, head far too foggy, I don't even know how i managed the hour drive home without throwing up! I am now toying with the idea of making veg chilli and having it on a veg hot dog in a bun later on but right now i am not sure i could start cooking onions etc! :sprout:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cooksalot » January 21st, 2018, 8:32 pm

Don’t often post here but really enjoyed our meals today! Scrambled egg on granary toast for breakfast, Sunday dinner was large dry martini to start, duck legs, apple compote, roasted sweet potato and spinach. Bananas, sugar, cream topped with chopped walnuts and cinnamon for pudding. Tonight we just had leek and potato soup with a small but perfectly formed lump of Stilton afterwards. Now pondering whether I need a brandy for my digestion!
cooksalot
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 21st, 2018, 8:57 pm

Got a streaming cold and overslept
Brunch was a frittata with loads of veg and a bit of cheese

Snack was a pear
Dinner was a Burmese coconut chicken curry with basmati rice
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 21st, 2018, 9:11 pm

cooksalot wrote:Now pondering whether I need a brandy for my digestion!

Oh yeah, definitely. Medicinal brandy needs no pondering
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 21st, 2018, 9:35 pm

Hope you're recovered Tezza :lol:

Went for breakfast today and managed to make it SW friendly... fat free yoghurt followed by bacon, veggie sausage, fried egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans and hash brown.

A banana and an alpen bar mid afternoon.

Tea has been a red onion/peppers/garlic/basil tomatoey sauce and pasta made into a bake with a ball of lingering mozzarella served with a couple of veggie sausages.

May just have a cuppa and another alpen bar in bed and an early night... I've snoozed off 3 times today :oops:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 21st, 2018, 10:47 pm

I had deep fried mozzarella sticks for lunch :shock:
mushroom risotto with comte and parmesan for dinner. This was a souped up ready meal I had bought as a stand by but I thought I had better eat it. I was going to make soubise (or what Delia calls soubise - rice, onions, cream and cheese) until I noticed its use before date.
I have also eaten rather a lot of chocolate. But nothing else... :?
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 22nd, 2018, 8:01 am

We had some wonderful meals in France last week. I had one of the best steaks ever with a roquefort sauce.... Mmmm

French onion soup, cheese, pate, bread for a long slow lunch. Then a small bowl of cassoulet and chips for supper. I bought the tin in France, they are mostly well done and a good item to have in the cupboard on standby.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 23rd, 2018, 5:07 pm

Not had a chance to update for nearly a week...DD fine after 24 hours and the burglar alarm has been behaving itself!

We met friends at the pub on Friday and fed all the little ones. Later we had a pile of very spicy sticky chicken wings as we built a toy kitchen after DD had gone to bed.

Steak and stilton sandwiches on Saturday with salad.

We had a 3rd birthday party on Sunday for daughter and niece. Cheese board, marmalade ham, various pate and terrine, mini wraps, salads, breads, an enormous fruit platter served on a three tier cake stand. Plus an ‘Elsa’ from Frozen cake which we made for them.

Leftovers for dinner last night.

Tonight I’ve made meatloaf with sweet potato fries, some veg and ketchup. Must have ketchup with meatloaf!
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 23rd, 2018, 8:50 pm

Poached egg on toast for brekkie, pate for him and cheese for me on bread and crisp bread with an endive salad. Supper was a chicken ham and (m'room soup sauce) pie roasties, leeks, cauli and roasties and sweet potatos too. Just about to snaffle a piece of mince meat tart with a glass of cotes du layon - MMMmmm!
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 24th, 2018, 9:45 am

Herbidacious wrote:We used to have a burglar alarm, but decided to stop using it, and thought it was properly disconnected until one night (after our BT land line came back on after a six week period of being inoperative) it started emitting at high pitched wail at 1am. Because we were no longer subscribed to the company, they would do nothing to help. We ended up paying hundreds to get some unaffiliated person to disconnect it in the small hours. Meanwhile we'd been taking turns to stand on step ladders holding pillows etc over it to try to damped the ear-damaging noise.

Meant to say yesterday herbi - that sounds horrendous! We seem to get quite a lot of short lived power cuts in bad weather and it always sets our alarm off.

We've got lamb leg steaks for dinner tonight. There is also one large tomato, some feta, a butternut squash, a leek and some mushrooms. Plus potatoes, onions, and lots in the pantry and freezer. There are a handful of dried apricots left from Sunday's cheese platter so i've just done a quick search and decided on this...

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/241 ... cot-tagine

Really need to do a big shop in the next few days.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Rocky » January 24th, 2018, 10:37 am

Lovely sounding food.

OH was out for work Saturday, Sunday and Monday :( I think I covered Saturday in my last update... Sunday I had toad in the hole. Monday was a veggie curry with roasted roots rather than rice. Last night was great. I have a couple of short term colleagues who are disaster recovery experts and great fun. We all went to a place that is very popular with BV Islanders on a Tuesday - a tiny bar at the front turned out to be a bit like the tardis with a huge outdoor area outside with about 8 massive barbecues being feverishly worked. We shared baby back ribs, chicken and shrimp with sides of rice n peas, coleslaw and corn. It was very good.

Today is roti Wednesday at work :chef: and I think maybe veggie chilli for dinner.
Rocky
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 24th, 2018, 10:52 am

Monday I did a fast day
Lunch was the fennel soup and dinner was smoked haddock with cauli mash, broccoliband leeks.
Yesterday was toast, then a fishcake for lunch with green beans and sweet potato
Dinner was the rest of the curry with rice and a bit of salad
No idea about today, not sure how much I can taste through the tail end of my cold

BBQ place sounds great Rocky, not a London thing though
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 24th, 2018, 5:54 pm

It was very stressful OMCO. It was on a work night too.

Patchy food this week. I had really rather delicious mushrooms and dolcelatte on sour dough toast for lunch on Monday. (Apologies if I already mentioned this. It really as very nice) I was almost comatose as a result of the bread all afternoon!
I had a butternut squash and cheese with smoked paprika concoction for dinner.
Tuesday lunch was Pret soup and a bowl of cereal. No dinner as out doing writery thing.
Today I lunch at the newly opened Coach on Ray st. (ex Racine chap) I had posh tomatoes in creme fraiche with parsley, basil chives and tarragon... on toast. Similarly sleepy but surprisingly not as bad considering this was on top of not sleeping much last night. I also had a not too sweet petit pot au chocolat which had a layer of pleasingly tangy creme fraiche on top.
Tonight no dinner as another writing thingy, plus high cal lunch. Although I do have some rather good M&S Cornish butter and some ready made potato farls though so I might...)

I so need to diet... :(
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 24th, 2018, 9:22 pm

Monday was left over pasta for lunch
Skirt steak, chips, veg and pepper sauce for tea (made with quark which was beautifully unsplit until about 10 seconds before putting it on my plate).

Tuesday, half a banana butty for breakfast- didn't get chance to eat the other half.
All day meeting at the terribly old fashioned venue again so another round of gammon, jacket and extra veg. If nothing else, that place keeps me fairly healthy! I resisted all pastries and biscuits of which there were ridiculous amounts.
Tea was something I keep seeing plastered all over Instagram thanks to following some SW 'inspirational' members :? A KFC style fakeaway... it was actually really good. Spiced breaded chicken (baked) using wholemeal breadcrumbs, oven baked fries, bbq beans and gravy made by cooking an onion and garlic clove in chicken stock with lots of herbs & spices, blended then thickened with cornflour. Really decent!

Today, I woke up at the crack of dawn and couldn't stop the room spinning... I have no idea why but I was sick as a dog because of it. Possibly labyrinthitis... i had it once before and its the only thing i can liken it too.
Anyway, I had a very late start once I'd managed to keep my balance and eaten something... a veggie sausage, mushroom, tomato and fried egg roll.
At work I had an apple, tangerine and an emergency mugshot.
I've made linguine with bacon, mushroom, pea and cream cheese for tea with some roasted courgettes and cherry toms. Very nice too.

Still a little dizzy but nowhere near as bad. Yoghurt, brew and bed I think.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 24th, 2018, 11:26 pm

ooh Em that (dizzyness, not food!) sounds horrid. I hope it goes away soon.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 25th, 2018, 9:45 am

I think dinner tonight will involve mushrooms!

IMG_5183.jpg

I am thinking cream - or creme fraiche if I can be bothered to go to the shops to get some - smoked paprika, fresh herbs sort of thing.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 25th, 2018, 1:05 pm

Greek yogurt and blood orange segments for breakfast.
The other half od last night's pork, sage onion and apple pie with coleslaw for lunch followed by some munster cheese and a clementine.
Supper is due to be macn' cheese with salad then apple and raisin compote with caramel ice-cream to finish.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 25th, 2018, 6:43 pm

EmWilk wrote:Today, I woke up at the crack of dawn and couldn't stop the room spinning... I have no idea why but I was sick as a dog because of it

Emma will you please go and see you GP and ask for a neuro MRI referral
Catherine
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 25th, 2018, 10:07 pm

I ended up having barbecue sauced jackfruit which Sainsbury's were selling as a vegan alternative to pulled pork??! Obviously had to try it.

It wasn't horrid. The texture seemed a bit like a cross between pineapple and onion, but I am still very hungry. Not much protein in it (I vaguely thought it had quite a bit in it.) I am not quite sure why it's so trendy.

edit: apparently it's the seeds that have lots of protein in them.

Lunch was a baked potato with cheese, sweetcorn and various herbs and spice. Not had one for months and months and not had one at home for a year or two.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 25th, 2018, 10:10 pm

I fancied some tinned grapefruit earlier until I realised it was in light syrup. Before I'd realised that I'd opened it and then opened what I thought was tinned rice pudding but turned out is was custard. I really should go back to Specsavers! :lol: So I had some of that but would have had cornflakes but have run out....

I have eaten some leftover chicken and mushroom pasta and a wedge of bread pudding. Lots of herbal tea which I chilled with lemon juice. I think before I brush my teeth another small bite of bread pudding is on the cards.

Tomorrow I will focus on fruit and veg instead of carbs! I am inspired to use up some low fat yoghurt with mushrooms now actually. :chops:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby smitch » January 25th, 2018, 10:29 pm

Herbidacious wrote:I ended up having barbecue sauced jackfruit which Sainsbury's were selling as a vegan alternative to pulled pork??! Obviously had to try it.

It wasn't horrid. The texture seemed a bit like a cross between pineapple and onion, but I am still very hungry. Not much protein in it (I vaguely thought it had quite a bit in it.) I am not quite sure why it's so trendy.

edit: apparently it's the seeds that have lots of protein in them.

Lunch was a baked potato with cheese, sweetcorn and various herbs and spice. Not had one for months and months and not had one at home for a year or two.

I wasn’t keen on the Sainsburys jackfruit. I’ve enjoyed it when I made my own though and when I’ve had it from vegan food stalls. Did you shred it or leave the chunks whole?

Meant to add my food. Nothing very exciting at the moment. I accidentally left the freezer door slightly open on Sunday and we didn’t notice until yesterday morning. We’ve had to throw the entire contents away and it was really full :cry: :cry: The fridge is now too warm, so had to chuck some stuff from there too. The rest of the food is staying at the in laws until we get sorted. Fingers crossed it was just iced up from getting too hot and we’ll get the fridge down to temperature tomorrow. We’ve also discovered yet another damp patch in the kitchen, seems to be one disaster after another at the moment :(

Anyway, breakfast was a toastie from Costa after yet another trip to the vets. Dinner was soup and a roll. Tea has been pasta with veggie pasta sauce from a jar.

We’re going out tomorrow to drink some nice (chilled :rolleyes:) beer and eat some nice food at a vegan food fair in Manchester. Some good traders are going so I’m looking forward to it :tu:
smitch
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 25th, 2018, 11:24 pm

I just ate it as it was. It sort of shredded as I cut into it. It was fine, but it's no meat substitute either in terms of nutrition or being filling, and it didn't taste spectacularly nice (well it just tasted of the sauce, really) and the texture wasn't particularly nice either, so I didn't really think it was worth bothering with.

I've never had pulled pork so I have no craving for a vegan version of it! but I am always up for trying something new.

Oh no re your freezer. A young friend of mine told me that her mother had been gradually stocking up her spare fridge freezer in the garage before Christmas, preparing lots of things in advance for big family meals. Then her adult son coming home, and being brought up to be environmentally aware/save energy etc., spotted that there was nothing in the fridge part, and so turned it off...

I fear we have damp behind a built in wardrobe. I am trying to summon up the courage and energy to get something done about it. I suppose it will have to be ripped out. There's nothing to see, but I can smell it, and there was some broken guttering outside down that wall that we didn't notice for ages.

Your vegan fair sounds fun!

I am really hungry but it's too late to eat more...
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » January 26th, 2018, 10:12 am

OH wasn't well on Wednesday so didn't eat his roti so I had it yesterday for lunch :chops:

For dinner we had fish and chips using tilapia with some mushy and normal peas.

Lunch will be a salad at work with something a bit more substantial as want to try to run 15 miles when I get out. We are going to a Burns night tonight which being daily intolerant will mean I eat quite lightly :(

EmWilk - hope you're ok?
Rocky
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 26th, 2018, 7:08 pm

Herb, did you grow this mushrooms yourself ? I could not quite work out the photo ?

We have a sea bass each for supper, I plan to serve them with sauted (baked) potato and stir fry veg.

I have taken the fat end of a leg of lamb out of the DF, there is too much for us but I plan to chop some off and put the rest back in the DF for another time. I also plan to make a pork meatloaf - romanian style as per Hairy Bikers only they made meatballs.

Brekkie was a poached egg on toast and lunch was half a croque monsieur and some HM quiche and a small salad of endive and sp. onion.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 26th, 2018, 7:49 pm

Porridge for himself
Lunch was our favourite sandwiches. Cheese watercress and Marmite, followed by apple compote'
Supper was three fish pie and steamed spinach followed by Bahama bananas - bananas quartered and sauteed in butter and lime juice then fambeed in dark rum.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 26th, 2018, 10:08 pm

Copious cups of tea, mashed avocado on toast for lunch, dinner a veggie sausage with onions in baguette, just had a handful of mixed nuts and dried fruit.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 26th, 2018, 10:28 pm

Catherine wrote:Emma will you please go and see you GP and ask for a neuro MRI referral

I will Catherine.

I feel fine now but it was too strange to ignore.

Thursday, alpen bar and fruit in the morning.
Lunch was leftover pasta, veg and salad.
Tea was a a SW style full English... what a proper slimming worlder I've turned into.

Bacon and veggie sausage butty for breakfast.
Soup and sandwich for lunch (not the plan but they'd run out of jackets)
Tea has been a mozzarella burger without the bun, topped with a fried egg, chips and salad.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 27th, 2018, 8:25 am

Just about to dive into apple and blueberry porridge with chopped pears, three of them! I've noticed I get very un-hungry days and then days where I was up wanting to eat a scabby horse!

On today's menu Covent Garden broccoli, pea and pesto soup with baguette then later on some sort of boiled egg, pea and sweetcorn curry. Using up scraps in the fridge and freezer! :tu:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 27th, 2018, 1:12 pm

I am pleasantly digesting my egg curry, the first that I have attempted and I followed no recipe! So things I had went in. My last bag of frozen mire poix, handful of frozen peas, smoked paprika, ground cumin, shopped green finger chillies (loads!) curry paste (shop bought), I had no tomatoes so added a squirt of ketchup, splash water, half a large tub of low fat yoghurt, salt, garam masala and two hard boiled eggs which I cooked last night. I dipped in my penultimate half of small baguette. All washed down with piping hot Lady Grey with fresh lemon juice in it. Yum! Will make again, and apart from the eggs, both of which I snaffled, there is a healthy sized portion of the sauce leftover!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » January 27th, 2018, 1:43 pm

Breakfast was porridge with plum puree and Greek yoghurt.
Lunch was smoked haddock with a boiled egg and a slice of homemade wholemeal.
Dinner looks like Delia's chicken Basque style ( sans the oranges)
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 27th, 2018, 10:53 pm

My belly has been rumbling since 9pm, probably because of that walk I did earlier, plus too much playing with kittens, so just caved in to two sesame Ryvita sandwiched with mushroom Pateole and Marmite and another two sandwiched with crunchy peanut butter and blackcurrant jam. Yummy! It needed a black coffee for washing it's loveliness down the hatch but it's far too late for caffeine.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » January 28th, 2018, 7:35 pm

Breakfast was porridge with golden syrup and Greek yoghurt.
Lunch was scrambled egg on toast with mushrooms.

Dinner was Thomasina Miers' Catalan fish stew.
I have made it several times before but today wasn't the best I have done.
I used rock salmon, mussels and clams. It was a bit under seasoned and I possibly just didn't reduce it enough.
It all went though, can't have been that bad.
WWordsworth
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop