What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby EmWilk » February 8th, 2018, 1:09 am

Your weekend sounds nice Emma. Hope your cooker gets sorted tezza!

Yesterday, I started with another migraine** and struggled to eat although I tried a but of the leftover pasta. I ate tea though... gammon, jacket spud, peas, sweet corn, tomatoes.

Today, I was at a business awards day where I had to present (with 2 other colleagues) to 3 separate panels which was so stressful, made worse by our CEO turning up and announcing he wanted to do one of the presentations with just me and we'd just freestyle it :scared:
They all went fine but it didn't help the migraine which was still trying to push through and they didn't even feed us! So we ended up at a McDonald's across the road! It was actually ok.

Tea has been a ham salad sandwich and soup. OH is poorly but at least I feel a bit better.

* Catherine, before you say it! I have called the doctors, next appointment is 27th Feb!!! But I can call on Friday for newly released appointments :rolleyes: so I'll do that.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » February 8th, 2018, 1:30 am

EmWilk wrote:Catherine, before you say it! I have called the doctors, next appointment is 27th Feb!!! But I can call on Friday for newly released appointments so I'll do that.

Ha I was - I'm sure it is nothing but well it is the first sign if it is something sinister and if I can do anything to raise awareness then I will.
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 8th, 2018, 10:12 am

This morning has been a large helping of cornflakes to keep me going through physio, washed down with peppermint tea. I'll take a satsuma and a banana with me.

The rest of today's feasting depends on the status of my dicky oven....
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 8th, 2018, 12:15 pm

Tezza, is the hob not working ???

I have a pizza out of the fridge and have requested that Mr. Z. sort it for lunch..... Not sure how much I will have but there are some strong flavours there.

Supper will be another ding dinner as I don't have the energy to get motivated.

EM sorry to hear that you are plagued by another migraine.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 8th, 2018, 3:26 pm

Hope you're feeling better Emma.

Sunflower seed and honey bread toasted this morning with butter and jam. Lunch was a poached egg with spinach and a potato hash.

Dinner will be salmon en croute with a spinach cream sauce. OH wants braised fennel which I don't like but there's also a January king cabbage, courgettes, peas, tenderstem broccoli and leeks so we'll have a combination of steamed veg with a herb butter maybe.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 8th, 2018, 10:42 pm

Oven update. Mum came round earlier and I showed her the knackered hob and oven, neither of which were working, switched the main wall electricity point and ta-da! It came on! So I think somebody has come round and fiddled with a main fuse somewhere.

Lunch was jacket potato, cheese, beans and salad, dinner has been leftover pizza with coleslaw and half a bag of liquorice twists - oink.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 8th, 2018, 11:06 pm

What a blummin miserable day... it has been the grimmest weather for my grandad's funeral. His sister and family must be brought the scottish weather down with them.

I had some toast this morning.
An alpen bar before we left.
I was really hungry by the time we got to the bit after - not sure what you call it. Wake? - so I had some cheese and onion pie and a couple of sandwiches. Then a couple more later on!
Cannot be bothered this evening so haven't had anything to eat. Will probably wake up starving in the morning. At least I'm not working.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 9th, 2018, 8:16 am

Em - sorry to hear about the weather for your grandad's funeral. :hug:December 2000 my nan's grave flooded and the council had to pump it out with very noisy machinery while we stood there looking on, but we still managed to place flowers on her coffin amidst the chaos. British weather, eh? I am sure your grandad still received a very respectful 'goodbye' considering, as did my nan, and wake food is not normally anything to write home about, even if you do feel up to eating it. I hope you catch up with your food today. :hug:

Aunt is coming to accompany me to the job centre at midday and is treating me to lunch in town, so what to have for breakfast? I fancy egg on toast actually. Then let's see how the rest of the day goes. I am defrosting veg chilli which I could have with garlic bread later on. Hmmm, decisions...
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 9th, 2018, 11:29 am

I hope you manage to eat today Emma :hug:

I think dinner tonight will be toad in the hole but I might pimp it up a bit with roasted red onion wedges as well as sausages within the batter and a small amount of chopped thyme and rosemary in the batter too. I was thinking of serving it with rumbledethumps and an extra veg. Plus gravy, of course.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 9th, 2018, 10:04 pm

Fried egg on toast for brekkie

Bit of pizza, carpaccio of octopus, and the last bit of quiche with slaw and tato salad for lunch

Tagine of lamb for supper.

EM your appetite will return and food is a great comforter.. :luv:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 9th, 2018, 10:17 pm

Slightly better today food wise!

Veggie sausage butty for breakfast.
An alpen bar and a mug shot at some point.
Veggie curry and rice for tea.
Oooh I've been all veggie today. And yesterday I think.

Tezza, the water pump scenario sounds awful :(
As the coffin was carried from church to the car, it was absolutely chucking it down. Bro, cousin and 2 uncles were drenched through with rain dripping off their hair and noses. My brother said he didn't feel a drop but I still felt for them... brrrr! Today's been lovely though - typical!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 9th, 2018, 10:54 pm

A lovely veggie day Em! :tu: Put that nasty weather behind you as sod's law and enjoy happier weather and happy memories.

After my cornflakes and banana breakfast, my aunt treated me to lunch in Luton's hustly bustly indoor market on the way to the job centre. We ate here.

http://lutonindoormarket.co.uk/index.ph ... an-center/

We had rice and peas cooked in coconut milk, a west Indian veggie pattie, a fried dumpling and a dish of spinach cooked with cabbage and lots of sliced chilli. It was glorious, loads of it and there was a hot chilli sauce on each table. Lovely!

Dinner was Marmite, cherry tomatoes and baked beans on toast.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 10th, 2018, 10:50 am

Cornflakes topped with natural yoghurt.

Lunch will be fish finger, mayonnaise and chopped gherkin in a mini baguette.

Chilli for dinner later on.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby smitch » February 10th, 2018, 11:51 am

Yesterday, breakfast was a rhubarb and custard pastry from Pollen bakery with a coffee :chops: I went out for dinner to a Lebanese place near our office and had veggie mousakka, with bread and rice, was lovely although very filling!

Didn’t bother with tea, was still full from earlier and I was feeling very anxious about starting introducing my two pairs of rats. They spent the night in a small carrier and this morning have been upgraded to a hamster cage. They’re all snuggled up together like they’ve known each other forever :luv:

Anyway, to celebrate, we had a cooked veggie breakfast this morning with facon rashers, sausages, black pudding & mashed potato cakes, toast, mushrooms and a fried egg. Doubt I’ll want anything else until tea time!
smitch
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 10th, 2018, 1:57 pm

AS I mentioned, on Wednesday I bought an amazingly cheap organic chicken. No room in the freezer so roasted it for supper withsweet potatoes, parsnips and redonions underneath and a cauliflower rice to go with it.

Thursday: Porridge for him who eats it
Lunch was chicken sandwiches with a fresh pear afterwards
Supper was a Kashmiri chicken curry with poppadoms, raitas and chutney and plain rice.
Roasted pineapple quarters afterwards

Friday. Brioche toast and marmalade for breakfast
Lunch was a cheese ham and tomato toastie
Supper was individual chicken, leek and mushroom pies with beetroot and braised endives. Pain perdu with caramel icecream afterwards

Today - toasted muffins and some of yesterday's made marmalade after the market - I am pleased with the marmalade.
Lunch was chicken caesaer salad and a couple of clementines
Supper tonight is to be mushroom omelette and chips then tarte au citron
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 10th, 2018, 4:48 pm

I've come on here to try and interest myself in food. I am totally off it. Yesterday I had a slice of bread and butter and two spoonfuls of 'soubise'. So far today, some white chocolate buttons. My husband bought me a ready-made cauliflower cheese so I shall try and have that later.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 10th, 2018, 8:20 pm

I hope it works Herb! Before I started posting on here I knew I wasn't eating enough in quantity or quality but now I feel inspired every single day to eat well, so good luck with it!

My chick pea and sweetcorn chilli was served with some new potatoes roasted in a little oil and dried thyme. Made a nice change from bread or rice.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 10th, 2018, 9:46 pm

Oh, I hope you've eaten more today herb, yesterday's menu makes mine sound like a feast!

Veggie sausage and egg butty this morning.
Noodles, mange tout, broccoli, baby corn, coriander, mint and spring onions dressed, whilst hot, with chilli oil, soy sauce, vinegar from a jar of pickled ginger and sesame oil. Steaming hot and perfect before swimming.
A brew and an alpen bar afterwards.
A giant fish finger, chips and beans for tea.

Just gonna make me another cuppa I think.

I'm determined not to fall asleep whilst writing the meal plan tonight - that's obviously how exciting our meals are :lol:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » February 11th, 2018, 1:19 am

Yesterday was hoping to leave work at lunctime so hadn't taken anything in in the end. Had a meeting that finished at 4.... Ran 8 miles home and suggested to OH we got out to the West Indian curry place :chops:
This morning had usual miso brekkie. OH left for the UK at lunchtime (first time we have properly been apart since hurricane and feeling a bit :( Went and joined a friend for lunch and had fish and salad. Had to work all afternoon (REALLY not impressed with post hurricane working even though I am delighted my job is now all about the recovery effort..,) Dinner has been roasted parsnips and gravy :shock:
Rocky
Registered

Postby icelesley » February 11th, 2018, 12:51 pm

Breakfast: Toasted cheese muffin
Lunch: beans on toast
Dinner: Roast chicken, roast potatoes, steamed sprouts and carrots with roast parsnips and roast potatoes and gravy followed by strawberries and blueberries with cream
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 11th, 2018, 1:53 pm

I’ve had a Rachel’s orange rice pudding today. Been sleeping on and off (two hours on half an hour off) since 8pm last night. I think this might be flu. Will try and eat something later. At least my taste buds seem to be coming back online!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » February 11th, 2018, 5:06 pm

Hope you're feeling ok Herbi.

Had a parsnip and gravy sarnie for breakfast after a run. Lunch is about to be fish fingers and brocolli - slightly random.

I found a lovely tuna steak earlier so will marinate that and have it with a roasted portobello mushroom - and something....
Rocky
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 11th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Get well soon Herb!

Breakfast was porridge with chopped pear but I was still hungry so had two sesame ryvitas with peanut butter and blackcurrent jam.

Lunch was mushroom omelette with side salad and Pepsi Max which I couldn't finish so took the plastic cup to the car, placed it on the seat while I organised the shopping in the boot of the car, forgot it was there and sat on it! Soggy me, soggy car seat!

Dinner was odd on account of my oven has stopped working again! So neighbour cooked some broccoli and green beans for me, I made some Smash and served with cold baked beans and a cold vegetable pakora. That oven had better be fixed tomorrow! I mean it's not the end of the world but without being able to properly cook I am like a bear with a sore head.

I have a piece of my mum's birthday cake in the fridge which I may just have to tackle in a bit!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 11th, 2018, 7:36 pm

Half a slice of toast with naughty spread. Romanian meatloaf, split butterbeans with onion and dill and a pitta bread for lunch and pizza for supper. Appetite is down :tu: :tu: :tu: to this cold I have, Herb. I am sleeping a lot too. The body's best defence system. Another 3 hours this avo.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 11th, 2018, 7:48 pm

I did fall asleep whilst doing the meal list :rolleyes: but I've done it now and been shopping for everything I need.

Today, I made porridge and for some bizarre reason decided to mix a yoghurt in. Urgh, so bad. I actually binned it :oops: and then made a grill up instead... bacon, veggie sausage party, grilled tomatoes, egg and potato waffle :oops:
Nothing after that until tea. Well apart from the ridiculous amount of chilli lemon potato grills I bought whilst shopping. They're my favourite crisps, I knew I shouldn't have bought them.
Tea has been a good one... 5 spice gammon with noodles and lots of veg.

Hope everyone is better soon.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 11th, 2018, 8:10 pm

Thanks I have to say I feel really dreadful and this is day 4 . I suspect it’s flu.

I made myself a slice of soggy pizza toast for dinner. Er, in the microwave, hence soggy. I didn’t want to have to stand and watch it under the grill. I was slightly craving Italian flavours after watching something about Sicily last night. (I want to go now.) The flavours were nice (I have some tiny tins of tomato - Languedoc? sauce i always pick up in France), the texture, less so.

Em how are you feeling? Porridge appeals to me. Maybe tomorrow (without yoghurt!... it could have worked. I don’t think your instincts were off.)

Parsnip and gravy sandwich. Sounds good to me, Rocky. In fact everyone seems to be eating unusual combos today!

What’s ‘naughty spread’, Zosh?!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 11th, 2018, 9:13 pm

Oh herb, I feel so bad for you. Is your husband back in Germany? Have you got someone looking after you? Sorry for turning into your mother.

I'm feeling fine thanks. Went to the docs this morning about the dizziness/headache and all is fine. And have decided that I never once in my 32 years saw my grandad do anything other than smile (even when he cried at everything cos he was such a big softie!) so I need to get my act together and stop moping about.

The yoghurt/porridge combo was not one I want to repeat. Your soggy pizza toast doesn't make me feel like you're getting what you need to help you recover :?

I forgot, I found some Thai red chicken steamed bao style buns in Morrison's reduced from 2.50 to 0.13! :o a pack of 6. So I bought them. Things like that with meat in are not my thing at all so I awaited OHs verdict and he said they were good so I picked at one. Not bad actually but very heavy on the lemongrass so that's all I can taste now.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 11th, 2018, 9:50 pm

Ooooh now I’m craving a bao bun!

Breakfast yesterday was supposed to be omelettes but we only had 2 eggs between 3 of us so we ended up with a frittata with spinach, peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms.

Some salad and prawns at in-laws golf club place after a swim. The out for FILs birthday..I had grilled octopus and a chicken dish with a butter and saffron sauce so rich that I could barely eat half of it.

Fruit and cereal this morning. A few chips nicked off Lilia’s plate at a kids party. Then later a roast sharing board at the pub for a friends birthday. The beef rib and sirloin were excellent but Yorkshire’s so overdone they were crumbly! Such a shame when the best bit isn’t great.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 11th, 2018, 11:19 pm

Herb, naughty spread is a jar of that sweet custard-like spread that must be very very bad for you!

Keep warm and hydrated in your current state, get lots of quality sleep :tu:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 12th, 2018, 11:23 am

Glad you've been given the all clear, Em. I think a bit of moping is ok, but it's not much fun.

Lovely day here. The sun is streaming in through the windows. Trying not to think about all the fun things I could be doing in it, especially as if I were not ill, I would be at work :)

My husband filled the fridge with lots of food I really don't want before he returned to Germany, bless him.

I am intrigued about your spread, Zosh. Is it from your trip to France?
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 12th, 2018, 1:34 pm

We were out for lunch yesterday. The main course was salmon cooked with very lemony leeks served with new potatoes. I thought it was rather nice but Mr R has taken a late and sudden dislike to salmon so he was not very happy. He cheered up when the cheese arrived and the dessert was a rathe soggy cake thing with whole almonds which took a bit of munching.

We had a bowl of the chicken, veg and lentil soup I made on Saturady with some fresh baguette for supper.

He had porridge for breakfast. WE finished off the soup for lunch and I turned yesterday's bread into garlic bread to go with it, I lovely pear afterwards.
Supper is going to be boulanger lamb chops with buttered savoy cabbage and pineapple upside down cake with the rest of a fresh pineapple.

Zosh you don't by any chance mean Nutella do you?
I'm glad you have the all clear Em and I hope you feel better soon Herbie.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 12th, 2018, 4:23 pm

My oven and hob have been on and off again today, so when it decided to perk up I boiled two eggs and cooked some fish fingers for sandwiches and a veggie burger and some broccoli and carrots.

Breakfast was cornflakes and a banana.

Lunch was a slice of granary with half an avocado, the aforementioned veggie burger and coleslaw.

With coffee I had the remains of my slice of mum's birthday cake which was an iced madeira.

Not sure on dinner yet. The oven dictates!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 12th, 2018, 6:03 pm

Tezza, this is tongue in cheek (both my posting it and, I think, the article), but this article is about a friend's of a friend's take on no cooker ;)

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 47291.html
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 12th, 2018, 8:44 pm

That's quite interesting actually. I did wonder earlier if I could pour boiling water on frozen peas and let them sit for a bit before eating. I mean they are cooked already aren't they? The other methods seem to make sense as if they would work. Only one way to find out I suppose.

When dinner time came round my oven was working so I reheated my broccoli and carrot in a pasta and sauce mix. Dessert was going to be a Cadbury's crème egg but I couldn't be bothered to go out and buy one.

The oven switch on the wall should be being changed tomorrow so that'll be that problem solved.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Catherine » February 12th, 2018, 9:45 pm

TeresaFoodie wrote:Lunch was mushroom omelette with side salad and Pepsi Max which I couldn't finish so took the plastic cup to the car, placed it on the seat while I organised the shopping in the boot of the car, forgot it was there and sat on it! Soggy me, soggy car seat

Oh dear, you should have given it to your mum to hold.

Can you get the loan of a slow cooker? you can make loads of suitable food in that
Catherine
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 12th, 2018, 10:15 pm

Oh dear, dinner didn’t go that well.
I decided to make some pasta with (standby bought) tomato sauce.
Put the sauce to simmer, added some s-d tom paste, herbs, then decided to add capers. Tasted it. It tasted mouldy. It’s probably ok, I thought, but just in case... I don’t want to be be vomiting sick as well as ill sick.

Tom sauce mark II. Another jar of Dolmio. This one bigger so a bit wasteful, but this is not a time to bother about that. Added s-d tom paste, herbs and salt. I thought, well tomorrow, the leftovers may taste too salty. I don’t know what my taste buds are like, but now it tastes ok (ok a bit mouldy. Probably the herbs, and my sense of taste being weird. I know the herbs are not mouldy.)

Added sauce to pasta, tasted it. And it's way too salty! Taste buds change from one minute to the next it would seem. While doing all this, I managed to spill a lot of stuff all over the cooker which husband had cleaned for me, and then I accidentally left the whole thing on a simmer mat for two hours after I had eaten.

So the diagnosis is lack of common sense, lack of co-ordination, lack of memory, and fluctuating taste-bud function.

I may stick to cereal tomorrow.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Amber » February 12th, 2018, 10:30 pm

I’ve been out of action with a ‘lurgy’ for over three weeks - my taste buds have been very odd. I’ve been living on a (very unhealthy) diet of ikea kaviar on buttered crackers, and tinned grapefruit.
I think when you’re ill eating anything is a bonus. :D
Amber
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 13th, 2018, 2:00 pm

Neighbour downstairs actually has a slow cooker he is happy for me to use but I do tend to forget about it! And I have one in storage, it's just finding it!

Breakfast today was mushrooms on toast.

Lunch egg mayonnaise sandwich and a satsuma.

Tonight I thought it would be a flipping good idea to have pancakes!

Edited to add: I ate a bowl of coconut kulfi this afternoon, so as I planned on sweet pancakes for dinner, I will save those as a Valentine's treat to myself tomorrow instead, and tonight had veg chilli and garlic bread. More kulfi may follow later! Loving the stuff!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Catherine » February 13th, 2018, 7:39 pm

Amber wrote:I think when you’re ill eating anything is a bonus.

Quite agree Amber. Hope you and Herby feel better soon. I think when you are feeling so under the weather you should not worry about what you eat, just eat whatever takes your fancy as and when.
Catherine
Registered

Postby miss mouse » February 13th, 2018, 7:47 pm

Catherine wrote:I think when you are feeling so under the weather you should not worry about what you eat, just eat whatever takes your fancy as and when.

Yes, I agree. If your body demands a doughnut or boiled egg or bag of popcorn that is what you need and eat. I cannot fathom these dictated diets.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 13th, 2018, 7:55 pm

Lunch was beetroot and goats cheese salad.

Supper was boudin blanc with morilles, a roquefort sauce, provencal tomotoes and potato galettes. Morello cherry and rum filled pancakes afterwards, they were yum!
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 13th, 2018, 9:59 pm

Sorry to hear that some have been feeling under the weather, hope everyone is back to their best soon x

Quite a greedy day today. Although it’s been a very busy one so maybe all those calories were required :rolleyes:

Cereal and fruit for breakfast. Lilia requested a ‘face’ of fruit which she loves. This was supposed to be a princess...my fruit art skills are really quite impressive ;) :D

Shared sausage sandwich mid morning out.

A savoury and a sweet pancake late afternoon.

A few spoonfuls of her blueberry porridge early evening.

Thai prawn laksa this evening.
Attachments
DDD03B00-A48E-4592-AD1A-9AC1342CADA2.jpeg
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 13th, 2018, 10:18 pm

Rats & Herb, I have only just seen your Q. No, not Nutella, it's like a spreadable gunk that tastes like the cream in a custard cream biscuit but it comes in a jar, I think I got it from M'sons. It is extra lush ! :chops:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby cooksalot » February 13th, 2018, 10:21 pm

I made pancakes for dinner tonight - the first time for ages! We had one with spread with butter and grated cheddar, Then a couple with Roquefort and creme fraiche. Then one with sugar and lemon for pud. Gorgeous! Bit stuffed though...
Lunch was pretty good too, avocado and bacon salad with toasted pine nuts. Breakfast was a bit boring though, just toast and honey.
cooksalot
Registered

Postby smitch » February 13th, 2018, 10:31 pm

Was starving this morning so breakfast was a toastie from Costa and a coffee. Dinner was a rubbish Sainsbury’s sandwich with some hula hoops and some raspberries. I don’t like mayo on sandwiches but the mayo free veggie sandwiches all contained mustard, which I’m allergic to :rolleyes:

Tea was a vaguely Spanish stew with tomatoes, chickpeas and lots of smoked paprika. I added spinach leaves at the end :chops: Too full for pancakes, hopefully we’ll have them later in the week. Just had a cup of decaf tea and a slice of the blood orange loaf cake I made at the weekend, really tasty!

No idea about breakfast tomorrow but dinner will be leftover stew. We had hoped to go to Bundobust for tea but they’ve started taking bookings for anyone now, not just groups of 6 or more o it is full :( Booked Pho instead, I refuse to go anywhere with an overpriced Valentines menu and the food is nice there. I didn’t want to end up walking all over trying to find somewhere with a table so glad to be sorted! Probably a few beers afterwards tooM
smitch
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 14th, 2018, 2:17 pm

Still not made it to Bundobust Smitch, but I do really want to try it.

Cereal for breakfast. Lunch was half a wrap filled with grated carrot and cheddar, some humous and sliced peppers. Plus a small tub of pickled cabbage and carrot mix and a smoothie.

Dinner will be spicy lamb kebabs with some griddled halloumi. Possibly a salad of rocket, walnuts, pomegranate. Need to shop on way home.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby smitch » February 14th, 2018, 2:39 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:Still not made it to Bundobust Smitch, but I do really want to try it.

It is worth a visit, especially now you can book. I haven't been since they slightly changed their menu. They've taken one of our favourite dishes off though :cry:
smitch
Registered

Postby Amber » February 14th, 2018, 9:23 pm

Smitch mentioned earlier a toastie from Costa; Costa’s bacon sandwich is one of my favourites ever!
If only they did room service...... ;) :D
Amber
Registered

Postby Rocky » February 15th, 2018, 12:32 am

OMCO - that can't be Lilia - she looks like she is about to do her GCSEs!

Last night I had roasted sproute and a sweet potato with spicy tomato sauce. This evening I bought a tiny chicken pie and had that with roasted veg. Usually eat well when OH is away but not this time. Tomorrow I have a work dinner which I am dreading. Meant to have another one on Friday but have made my excuses so must plan something extra nice to cover the two days....
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 15th, 2018, 1:24 pm

Rocky wrote:OMCO - that can't be Lilia - she looks like she is about to do her GCSEs!

I know Rocky, and she's only just turned 3! :scared:

I'm feeling all out of sorts today and haven't really wanted to eat much. I've attempted a bit of soup from the lunch trolley but it wasn't great! We're supposed to be having homemade salmon, spinach, pea and lemon fish cakes tonight with tartare sauce and some veg or salad. Will see if we still fancy it later.

I bought both of the Katie Quinn Davies books this week second hand, as they'd been on my list for ages. (Of What Katy Ate blog fame). I've had a quick flick through and there are some interesting looking recipes and general tweaks to dishes which I hadn't considered before. I'm looking forward to trying some of the coming weeks. The photography is wonderful which makes them good for general flicking through with a cup of tea.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop