What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby earthmaiden » March 12th, 2018, 10:21 pm

I've decided I'm coming back to this thread - perhaps it will help me keep good habits :). Starting with today:

Breakfast: Quark with chopped fresh fruit (satsuma, pear, apple, banana)
Lunch: mixed salad of veg found in fridge and tuna with low cal mayo
Snack: satsuma
Supper: Diet Coke chicken with noodles
Oodles of coffee as usual and a token amount of water :oops:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 12th, 2018, 11:12 pm

Have a lovely bit of time off Rocky, you definitely deserve it!

I had an alpen light bar for breakfast and coffee.
Lunch was chicken salad and minestrone soup.
Another alpen light bar and a satsuma.
Tea was also sourdough pizza and wedges. OH was making and he's not afraid to double carb in the face of slimming world :lol: (not that he's doing SW, despite managing to lose more weight than me purely by me not buying junk for the house :rolleyes: )
EmWilk
Registered

Postby aero280 » March 12th, 2018, 11:35 pm

We had cauliflower cheese for supper. It was the second serving from the dis. I made a large one yesterday for lunch. The smaller serving of the leftovers today was enhanced with bacon.
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby suffolk » March 13th, 2018, 7:48 am

Yesterday's meals did not go according to plan :rolleyes:
Yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, a cold roastlamb on whole meal sandwich and carrot sticks for lunch was sort of okish , but then, just as I was getting hungry late afternoonish OH arrived home with some M&S pistachio and almond cookies :shock: after a couple of those I was totally unable to eat my supper. I nibbled on a couple of cold sausages later ... a small baked potato and some green beans may be turned into a frittata for lunch.
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 13th, 2018, 8:56 am

I had a mini egg on a crust of french stick and was still hungry so had a mug of cereal - felt replete !

Lunch was a large pear chopped up and slices and crumbles of gorgonzola then microwaved :chops:

Supper was a chicken and mushroom risotto with HM stock... :chops: :chops:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Rocky » March 13th, 2018, 10:55 am

After a long walk with the borrowed dog and then a two hour run and a play in the sea with the dog, was famished for lunch so had a bacon and egg burger. Exactly what I wanted and :chops: :chops:

I didn't then really fancy too much meat in the evening so went the stir fry and noodles route. I tossed the pork slices in flour and seasoning and briefly seared then cooked a load of veg and threw in a variety of sauces and then chucked the pork back in and it all thickened. I wish I had taken note of what I had done because it was bloomin lovely but never to be repeated :(

Not sure what plans are for lunch today but probably out. Being at home in the day is a bit depressing as we are still completely boarded up so the house is dark. For dinner we have been invited to the little local barbecue place to say thanks for looking after the dog. The baby back ribs will be hard to resist but they also do amazing jerk chicken - which given how much pork I've had might be the better option....
Rocky
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » March 13th, 2018, 12:30 pm

Rocky it’s always the way that the best dishes are the ones with a dash of this and that you can never replicate again :aww: :D .

Some of you might have read my thread about going more plant based in the way that I eat. If all goes to plan, today could be a fully vegan day :tu: . Mid morning I had a sausage sarnie using Linda McCartney sausages . Really liked them and would Definitely buy again. I grilled some tomatoes to go with them and brown sauce, an essential ingredient in sausage sandwiches , washed down with a glass of orange juice.

For dinner I’ve got a vegan pizza from a brand called Wicked , topped with caponata and salsa verde. I bought some vegan chees so might grate some on top before cooking . If I’m hungry later, vegan Ben and Jerry’s is in the freezer
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 13th, 2018, 12:44 pm

I was late getting up and at it today, so breakfast was just coffee again :oops:

I've made a quinoa salad to have with a frittata of leftovers for lunch ... OH is having the carrot and cumin soup I made yesterday.

Supper will be homemade chicken and leek pie with some curly kale ... we don't usually have potatoes if the meal contains pastry.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 13th, 2018, 2:00 pm

Breakfast was a smoothie made with overnight oats in almond milk with dates, hazelnuts, apple and raspberries.

Lunch was a spinach, potato and halloumi frittata with some rocket.

I may have a handful of paprika kikos shortly.

Dinner will be Jamie Oliver’s spicy sausage pasta.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 13th, 2018, 2:46 pm

Things went badly astray yesterday.

Lunch was as planned avocado and bacon on toast. I made a fresh fruit salad for supper and I had what I thought, and was labelled, as lamb shoulder, When I went to cook it it turned out to be belly pork :oops: :oops: So there is still a shoulder of lamb , marked belly pork in the freezer :? We instead and I made some had a veal escallop with mushrooms and cream and brandy sauce and I made rostis and fresh beetroot to go with it.

I scored the pork and put it in the oven with some herbs and a glass of white wine and left it to cook on a low heat for 4 hours. I'll finish it off tonight but that's my planning done for this week.

For lunch today we had beetroot and goat's cheese salad and a bit of the fruit salad.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 13th, 2018, 3:25 pm

Things have gone weird here where food and appetite are concerned thanks to this horrible cold. I managed a bowl of cauliflower and chick pea soup late morning and have just topped a shop bought cheese and garlic frozen pizza with a bit more garlic, grated cheese, Scotch bonnets and loads of sliced mushrooms. I'll pop that in the oven if and when my belly rumbles! Funny that blocked nose and sinuses seems to equal no appetite. Thank God it shouldn't last too much longer!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 13th, 2018, 9:49 pm

It's fun when you get a surprise from the freezer isn't it!

Today:
Breakfast: small amount of porridge made with water & lots of fruit
Lunch: Large salad and small jacket potato.
Snack: Satsuma
Supper: Harira (A kind of Moroccan soup made from pulses and veg adapted from a SW recipe - very nice)
Mug of of Options hot chocolate.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 14th, 2018, 8:07 am

Breakfast: bite size shredded wheat
Lunch: ham salad sandwich thin
Dinner: mixed grill followed by a yoghurt.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » March 14th, 2018, 11:31 am

Breakfast was coconut yoghurt with a bowl of fruit bIt of a weird day as I've got my nail appointment at 12.30 but luckily just around the corner from where I live. I've got some leftover veggie sausages so might make a quick sandwich out of them before I go. Dinner is going to be Thai green veg curry with egg fried rice. I might try some tofu with it too
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 14th, 2018, 12:29 pm

Granola for breakfast.

I've just had a crumpet and will have an apple and an orange in a while.

I've got some chicken legs and thighs to brown in the big le crueset pot and i'll add some wine, stock, herbs and the usual casserole type veg. I've also got a celeriac from last weeks veg box as well as the last of the kale to use up too.

Neighbours bought us one of the tasting selection boxes from Hotel Chocolat as a thank you so we may have one of those each afterwards. There are two of each individual bar so there'll be no fighting over the sea salt one :D
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 14th, 2018, 1:53 pm

Breakfast this morning was a small bowl of Waitrose Bircher Muesli with skimmed milk ... and lots of :mug: :mug: :mug:
Lunch was a crusty wholemeal roll with a couple of slices of pressed ox tongue and English mustard.
Supper will be a mushroom risotto and braised chicory .
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 14th, 2018, 8:03 pm

Today was:
Breakfast - none but had one of those nice caramel flavoured biscuits at the hairdressers :chops: :chops:
Lunch: jacket potato and tuna with sweet corn in M&S (they didn't give me one of those nice little biscuits with my coffee :( - I have noticed they have become a bit stingy with them lately. I nearly asked for one but thought it would save calories if I didn't!)
Snack: 0% fat lemon yogurt
Supper: A sort of kedgeree with spinach added
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 14th, 2018, 9:43 pm

EM they were giving 2 out at the m&s near me just after Christmas. They were Xmas tree shaped to be fair!

Yesterday, alpen light bar and fruit salad for breakfast.
Spiced chicken skewers, chips and salad for lunch.
Tea was likely based on the stocky sesame chicken posted on the SW group. Served with noodles mixed with loads of veg.

Today, I had a bacon roll and a cappuccino for breakfast.
Leftover chicken, noodles and veg for lunch and fruit salad (which was supposed to be for breakfast :oops: )
Alpen light bar and a fererro rocher.
Tea has just been veggie sausage, roast veg and tomato pasta.

Have so much work today but can't face the laptop at this hour for the 4th night in a row... meeting with the CEO tomorrow too. I don't see it going well!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 15th, 2018, 7:06 am

Egg on toast for brekkie

Lunch was a pita bread with smoked saus and cheese melted inside :chops:

Supper was my fave, lamb, courgette, yogurt, dill and mint. I served it with a mix of pearled spelt, black rice, and crozets all cooked in HM stock. Very Lush !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 15th, 2018, 7:30 am

You lot put me to shame with your exotic sounding meals! I still have no appetite and just about managed to finish a large bag of salt and vinegar Walker's crisps yesterday and only because I could taste them. Must do better today!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 15th, 2018, 11:20 am

Sorry you are feeling so poorly, Tezza.

My food was not exotic at all. |I had a cinnamon protein porridge pot and a banana for breakfast, pret baguette sandwich with avocado, black olive tapenade etc. Not quite as nice as it sounded, but it's always a treat to have a sandwich for me. I also had a naughty (not low fat etc.) strawberry yogurt, two lemon shortbread biscuits, a piece of Toblerone mid afternoon, and some chocolate tiffin around 6.30! No dinner as out late (and thus terrible cramp last night and this morning. Got me up though. Very speedily...)

I am eating too much and eating to much sugar at the moment.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 15th, 2018, 12:23 pm

Breakfast was granola and a berry smoothie.

Lunch was a large seeded cracker with turkey, cream cheese and a few salad leaves.

Dinner will be something with courgettes. Possibly papardelle with courgette ribbons, lemon, basil, pecorino, cream and a some pine nuts. We have some pork escalopes so I may flatten them and cook with some sage and serve that sliced on the pasta too.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 15th, 2018, 1:21 pm

Breakfast was muesli

lunch was the leftover mushroom risotto

Supper will be a sort of pasta, courgette, pepper, tomato, olive, pesto concoction.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 15th, 2018, 2:34 pm

I only fancied grapefruit tea with a squeeze of lemon juice for breakfast. It woke me up!

Lunch was a bowl of new potatoes, broccoli and butter! Healthy...not!

A mystery pie is defrosting to be had with spuds, peas and gravy and a good dollop of mustard. Yum.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 15th, 2018, 7:27 pm

I thin potatoes broccoli and butter sounds quite healthy. Could do with a bit more protein, but lots of vitamins and a few minerals in there. I reckon you can eat what you want if you are not well :)

I had porridge for breakfast with honey and cinnamon
lunch was a Pret chilli soup followed by a naughty yoghurt
dinner is vegetarian chilli with cheese!
I've also had a banana and a lemon shortbread biscuit.
I am going to cut out the sugary snacks next week, including naughty yoghurts. This (current) way fatness lies.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 15th, 2018, 8:50 pm

Em - so that's where the M&S biscuits are going!
Looking forward to hearing what was in the pie Tezza :lol: .

Breakfast: Quark with chopped up fresh fruit
Lunch: Smoothie made from various fruits & veg
Snack: banana
Supper: The remains of Tuesday's soup with some Baxters hearty veg soup, spinach and parmesan added which worked out rather well. Then 0% fat lemon yogurt.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 16th, 2018, 7:50 am

The pie was chicken and mushroom and was lurverly! :grin: My dad's got another couple of pies lined up for me this weekend when he visits. Yippee!

Today will be a surprise food wise as my mum is taking me to Sainsbury's for essentials and invariably we end up having coffee and crosswords in their cafe, but their latte and soft drinks machines have been out of action for some weeks so I'll try and persuade her that we should try Morrison's for a change. Their cafe is usually good. A full English brunch could be on the cards. :chops:

I think I have shifted this cold, by the way. The bedside toilet roll has gone back into my shower room. Good riddance! :lol:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 16th, 2018, 10:40 am

Glad you're feeling better Tezza!

Last night we didn't have the pasta in the end. Instead I cooked tikka baked cod fillets with bombay potatoes and a medley of lightly spiced courgettes, peas and spinach.

Breakfast this morning was a shared smoothie and some cereal.

Lunch will probably be from pret or Leon at the station.

Dinner will be sang choi bao. I fear Lilia will make quite a mess with that! :rolleyes: :lol:
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Rocky » March 16th, 2018, 11:07 am

Hello all from San Juan. OH leaves today for a work trip to Moscow ( :scared: ) via here and the :luv: surprised me by coming here a few days early and bringing me with him :bounce: :bounce: The most exciting thing is hot showers but some lovely food too..

On Wednesday we arrived just in time for lunch and shared a roasted tomato, basil and crispy Parma ham tartine and a rocket and Parmesan salad. Dinner wasa seafood tartare followed by a deconstructed mofongo (based on mashed plantains which sounds gross but isn't) We both had work to do yesterday but managed to do it sitting by the pool. Lunch was a shared mini pizza (amazing!), short rib sliders and rocket salad. Dinner was out at a restaurant that is part of our favourite restaurant groups. There are (I think) three original chefs who started the business in Miami nd it is based on quirky takes on small plates. One of them is Puerto Rican d has recently opened a restaurant here :chops: :chops:

So last night we shared short rib gyoza, a fish tartar in a massive bowl into which they poured a 'watermelon soup', kimchee fried rice and something else I can't remember :oops:

OH leaves shortly and I have to go to the optician but don't go home until tomorrow so will ensure to have some nice food. Going to have some sort of green juice for breakfast....
Rocky
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 16th, 2018, 3:13 pm

Lovely treat Rocky :D :tu: Enjoy 8-)

Breakfast today didn't happen.

Lunch was a beautifully ripe avocado with some crabsticks

Supper will be a 'breakfast' of bacon, sausage, black pudding, tomato, egg, a few baked beans and some delicious 'dripping' chips :oops:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 16th, 2018, 3:46 pm

I skipped breakfast, too much going on with locked out neighbour so I settled for a hot cross bun with marmalade and a mug of Earl Grey in Sainsbury's cafe.

I'll probably have red pepper soup for dinner with lots of green beans, maybe some chick peas, maybe some grated Cheddar, hmm...and then there's a bit of garlic bread in the freezer, although am going on a long-ish journey with dad driving tomorrow and don't want to stink his car out!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 16th, 2018, 8:03 pm

banana for breakfast
Pret falafel, avocado, beetroot mush etc salad
naughty lemon yoghurt
Ikea cinnamon rolls
Can't decided what to have for dinner, if indeed to have any in view of the rolls. I've been eating as if I am trying to put on weight.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 16th, 2018, 9:04 pm

Rocky - what a treat!
Herbie - just sometimes a treat is what you need!

Breakfast: Quark & chopped up fresh fruit
Lunch: fruit & veg smoothie
Snacks: Banana & satsuma
Dinner: Fishcakes made the other night, lots of veg (and I still haven't finished the bag of spinach!) and a little rice. Followed by 0% fat lemon yogurt
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 17th, 2018, 1:51 pm

Yesterday we or rather he missed breakfast but had some fresh orange juice

Lunch was egg salad rolls because we have so many eggs and they are delicious. Pear aftewards.

Supper was a fish steaks ( coley and therefore sustainable) baked on a bed of sliced tomatoes then topped with aioli and flashed under the grill. Served with steamed spinach, Dessert was tart au citron

We had peanut butter and spelt bread toast after the market.
Lunch was Provencal fish soup - from the fish merchant in the market - with croutons, rouille and gruyere cheese. Samm espresso with a square of chilli chocolate afterwards.
Supper is to be asparagus risotto then a big bowl of strawberries with sugar - no cream.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 17th, 2018, 2:04 pm

I went to the farm shop yesterday and a cote de boeuf caught my eye so that will be tomorrow.
J will cook it with parsnip and potato cakes and salsify au gratin.

Today was the fishmonger so I have a gurnard, cut into steaks, plus a handful each of cockles and mussels.
I feel Tomasina Miers' Catalan fish stew coming on.

Life would be so much easier if they were not in opposite directions from the house.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 17th, 2018, 2:48 pm

I ended up having some gnocchi stuffed with pesto which I bought from Lidl the other week. I had it with butter, garlic seasoning, pine nuts and shaved parmesan.
I had left overs fried, with garlic seasoning again, lots of black pepper, bay thyme and lemon seasoning and toasted pine nuts. Had it with grated parmesan and a drizzle of lemon oil. That was quite a fancy and filling lunch for me! (Especially as I also had a little ginger sponge pudding I found in the freezer... with clotted cream. I was very hungry for some reason!)

What did I say about not eating a lot of carbs??!!

Will have a light dinner. Maybe something eggy (inspired by Rats.)
Last edited by Herbidacious on March 17th, 2018, 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 17th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Feeling very hungry after reading about peanut butter on toast and ginger sponge pud but will hate myself if I can't keep up a reasonably healthy diet at least until Monday! It's easier on work days which I am on at the moment.

Breakfast: Quark & chopped assorted fruit
Lunch: Fruit & veg smoothie
Snack: banana
Supper: Birds Eye cod in butter sauce with rice and peas
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 17th, 2018, 9:18 pm

Dinner ended up being a slice of talaggani (spelling?) cheese baked with Italian mixed herbs, paparika, a drizzle of smoked olvie oil and finished off with a squeeze of fresh lemon. As a cheese it was rather bland. I think I'd rather go with halloumi.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 17th, 2018, 10:43 pm

I naughtily skipped breakfast then had some minestrone with two new potatoes and green beans for lunch.

Been chatting most of the afternoon / evening with various people. Couldn't be bothered to cook so finished off a packet of sesame ryvita with peanut butter and redcurrant jam.

What is it with peanut butter on here at the moment? :chops:

Must do even better tomorrow!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 18th, 2018, 8:47 am

Yesterday's breakfast was muesli and skimmed milk.
Lunch didn't happen as I was cooking and picking all day, although I have to admit a pack of reduced hot cross buns seems to have disappeared :?
For supper OH made a delicious chicken and spinach curry with some W'rose keema naan and homemade raita. He's getting quite good at the cooking lark ;)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 18th, 2018, 10:52 am

Breakfast: toast and marmalade
Lunch Beans on toast
Dinner: roast chicken, roast potatoes, creamed cauliflower (I found a small portion in the freezer that needed using up), spinach ( the last few leaves to use up), steamed carrots and kale, roast parsnip (one lonely one left in the veg draw) stuffing and gravy followed by strawberries and cream. It sounds alot of veg bit some are just one portion to use up split between two of us.
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 18th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Breakfast was yogurt and strawberries.
Lunch, with guest was:
HM Cervelle de canut and tapenade with toasts for apero.
Smoked and fresh salmon rilettes garnished with asparagus spears and rye bread toast
Veal Marengo with spelt and herb risotto
Cheese
Passion cake

We have plenty of cervelle to nibbl on this evening and some passion cake as well.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 18th, 2018, 5:22 pm

We went to a brilliant 20s prohibition party last night, the cocktails, music, singers and dancing were fantastic. A group of us ended up going for a late night curry afterwards and I had a lamb saag with peshwari naan.

We had Mexican baked eggs for brunch with some sourdough toast.

Fruit smoothie mid afternoon.

We’ve got Nigel Slaters slow cooked pork rib ragu pootling away on the hob which we’ll have with some pappardelle shortly.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 18th, 2018, 8:07 pm

Today I had some little cinammon rolls for 'breakfast'. No lunch. I inhaled a lot of maramalade fumes though.
Dijony, garlicky, cauli cheese with spicy, lemony (sorry about all the 'y's. Need some better, dedicated adjectives) breadcrumbs and pine nuts for dinner.
I am going to have marmalade on bread and butter in a bit.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 18th, 2018, 8:22 pm

earthmaiden wrote: ... will hate myself if I can't keep up a reasonably healthy diet at least until Monday!

Oh well! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Breakfast: Quark with assorted chopped fruit
Lunch: someone at work treated us to Costco pizza and I had 3 slices :oops: . We had had a cr*p day and it was heavenly.
Supper: A sweet and sour Mugshot

Love the sound of the party OMCO! You've all had lovely things today, :chops: :chops:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 18th, 2018, 11:49 pm

EM, your SW friendly meals have put me to shame all week so 3 slices of pizza is nothing!
Emma, the party sounds ace!

Thursday, a beige buffet was provided at the all day meeting and there were lots of cakes too!
Tea was fish and chips... from the chippy :oops:

Friday was the last day in our old offices so we had training all morning on the new office processes, etc. We had provided breakfast for all but because I was busy setting up and presenting, I didn't actually manage to eat.
However, we also provided lunch (I don't organise anyhing without food :lol: ) and that was fab. Really lovely sandwiches, pasta, crisps, spicy lentil soup, fruit and cakes.
I had a team meal in the evening and we went for indian. The food was standard but the company was great. I have a new person, a person joined from another dept and a returning member to the group plus the existing guys so it was nice to get everyone together.

Yesterday... mushrooms, egg and tomato on toast.
Lunch was a shared Costa cheese and tomato toastie and coffee.
Tea was a 'healthy' takeaway from the local health shack place... chicken, steak and halloumi with salad in a wholemeal pitta with sweet potato fries and a spicy tomato relish.

Today, I had veggie breakfast at a cafe in town and then shared the remaining half of Leo's waffles and strawberries with my sister.
A bit of leftover veggie pasta in the afternoon.
Tea was made by OH and was mozzarella burger, chips and beans... sometimes it's gotta be one of them!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 19th, 2018, 6:34 am

I skipped brekkie yesterday because I wanted to enjoy my roast.... but when it got to 1.30 I could not help but try the savoury egg custard that come out of the oven with a snippet of dried french stick.... The marinated roast pork, lemon glazed carrot and swede, tato layered with garlic and tarragon and yorkie was delish ! Mocha B&B pudding with belgian choc. sauce half an hour after was lush with a glass of cotes du layon :cocktail: :chops:

That was enough for me yesterday so I am a bit ready for todays brekkie now. The main reason that the oven went on was that we thought we would be baking sourdough but it is taking a lot longer to rise so we may be lucky to have freshly baked bread for lunch if we are lucky.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 19th, 2018, 9:15 am

Yesterday was a disastrous day of just picking at what needed to be eaten in the fridge including a slice of pizza and some tomato soup at random times during the day.

This morning has been lots of mushrooms on half a toasted naan with Marmite.

Lunch is planned to be tomato soup. I may sprinkle with grated Cheddar.

Dinner is planned to be toad in the hole with green beans.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 19th, 2018, 12:50 pm

Breakfast: Bitesize shredded wheat and a splash of milk
Lunch: Chicken and stuffing sandwich thin
Dinner: chicken salad and new potatoes followed by raspberries and cream
icelesley
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 19th, 2018, 8:32 pm

tortilla-less burrito for lunch!
Dinner was this:

dinner.jpg

Potato with Italian herbs and sweet smoked paprika, Comté and an egg. Inspired by Diane Henry. It did actually come off the baking tray in one piece.

Marmalade time soon... (Maybe)
Herbidacious
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop