What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby EmWilk » October 5th, 2018, 6:31 am

Wednesday was porridge with chopped pear and banana for breakfast
Lunch was leftover chicken, halloumi, rice, etc.
Tea was bacon, veggie sausage, egg, tomato, mushrooms and beans.

Yesterday, I had a bacon, tomato and mushroom breakfast butty for breakfast.
Jacket potatoes with ins crunch and sone soup for lunch.
Wet out for tea and ha a massive flat iron steak, chips, mushroom, tomato and salad. Had a walk to a dessert place afterwards and got takeaway of Belgian waffle, nutella, fererro rocher and hazelnut ice cream. Boidea why I felt so indulgent :lol: it was lovely!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » October 8th, 2018, 10:03 am

Happy Monday all :rolleyes:

Nice weekend albeit quiet. Thursday night in San Juan with OH had a fab dinner. Shared - cured tuna in a sort of lemongrass broth, duck dumplings, ‘carne frita’ Which was AMAZING - pork belly that was tender but crispy at the same time. We were still a bit peckish so had a bowl of noodle soup that had mofongo (classic Puerto Rican mashed plantain kind of dumpling) and crispy chicken. Also utterly delicious.

After my awful eye appointment I had a selection of sushi. Dinner was on my own as OH had left. I decided to be glam and have a glass of prosecco at the swish hotel bar. They gave me a selection of little snacks so that ended up being dinner!

Got home at lunchtime on Saturday and had a tuna sweet corn salad. Dinner was mahi with a load of roasted veg. Yesterday (after a nice long run) I had meetings all morning - on a Sunday :scared: :scared: so had a burger to cheer myself up. Went for a walk late afternoon with some friends and ended up at a beach bar. Their children had food that included chips so my dinner was a beer and a few chips. Worrying trend appearing here :shock:
Rocky
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 8th, 2018, 10:36 am

Yesterday was dippy egg and toastie soldiers for breakfast.

A bowl of potato, leek and butterbean soup made with the stock from cooking the green gammon hock for lunch

Supper was local pork chops and two bulbs of fennel (quartered) seared in butter and then braised in a splash of white wine in the new saute pan. When done I took the chops and fennel from the pan and kept them warm while I added a teaspoon of Dijon mustard, some capers and a good tablespoon of creme fraiche while some (prepacked) gnocchi cooked ... the gnocchi were then finished in the creamy sauce ... it was all delicious :chops:
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 8th, 2018, 12:14 pm

Thought I'd try to remember the last couple of days. Nothing as lovely as other Wildies - it was a busy weekend!
Sat was toast made into a banana sandwich for breakfast, a buffet lunch out - various salads, roll, cold chicken, slither of quiche, prawns on bread (a bit odd, like untoasted bruschetta). 2 nice biscuits as couldn't be bothered to queue for pudding. Supper was remainder from the previous day - cous cous, smoked trout, beetroot and tomato. Fruit.

Yesterday I was out again, a slice of fruit cake mid morning, hoola hoops and a banana at lunchtime as I was too busy supervising a group to get any of the nice soup :cry:. Supper was Aldi's spinach, feta and pine nut pie :chops: with jacket sweet potato and baked tomatoes. Fruit & yogurt afterwards.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby aero280 » October 8th, 2018, 2:10 pm

Sitting in John Lewis with a slice of chocolate cake and a cappuccino. Waiting for my appointed time to go next door to the Apple Store to see if they can fix my iPad. It lost its WiFi this morning and no amount of resetting and restarting makes it work. :( It’s only five years old. We have resurrected the 9 year old one to do some basic stuff on for the time being.
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby EmWilk » October 8th, 2018, 7:20 pm

Friday was a bacon, mushroom and tomato sandwich for breakfast.
Lunch was chicken salad and soup.
Tea was a very late chippy tea... fish, peas and gravy - how very northern!

Saturday, we went for one of the breakfast stands at a local place so fruit, yoghurt, granola, croissant, ham, frittata, breakfast bap, smoothie shot, a flapjack and lots of coffee!
Obviously no lunch!!
But I treated myself to a thai takeaway for one at night... som tam salad (which was so spicy, I couldn't actually eat it!), sticky rice and a mixed starter platter for one... beautiful chicken satay, amazing fish cake, average spring roll and a better than average sweetcorn cake and minced chicken toast and the most beautiful pork skewer I've ever tasted!

Yesterday, I had a sausage and egg pitta for breakfast.
A pear and a soreen mini loaf in the afternoon.
Out for tea and had grilled chicken breast and prawns with chips and salad.

Today... 2 cereal bars and a banana.
Lunch was a subway tuna salad and some baked crisps
Tea has just been chicken breast with roasted veg and rigatoni. Very nice.

Now to stay away from the snacks!!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 9th, 2018, 8:19 pm

Did they sort the iPad aero? You've reminded me I've got a voucher for tea and cake in JL to use up!

Yesterday was porridge and bananafor breakfast. Fish fingers and salad for lunch. Mince mixed with veg & pasta for supper with fruit & yogurt afterwards.
Today: porridge again. Lunch out was Sun dried tomato and feta quiche with salads.
Later was a small chocolate bar. Supper the remainder of the mince with rice and spinach. Ice cream afterwards.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby aero280 » October 9th, 2018, 10:15 pm

iPad is dead. The wifi bit has failed and it needs a repair. :(

The repair is a complete new circuit board at £266, or a like for like replacement at the same price. However I can get a new modern one for £319, and Apple offer a trade-in price for my broken one of £125. So a no-brainer. It's a new one for an effective price of £194.

I made some cheese rolls yesterday and we have been eating them today. Just a sheet of pastry covered in grated cheese, a bit of paprika, rolled up, cut in slices like a chelsea bun, then egg washed and baked. I tried them a week ago with grated cheddar and they were bland. The latest lot were made with Doddington cheese, which I've found to really suits being baked.
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 10th, 2018, 8:50 am

Last night I had to cook for the three of us, knowing that we were all going to have to eat at different times for various reasons.

I pre-roasted chunks of butternut squash and pan fried some sausage meat in mini meatballs. I mixed some creme fraiche with seasoning, chopped basil and grated gruyere and left it all in the fridge. Then just topped pre-cut squares of puff pastry with the cheese base and other bits before baking, as required.

I also made a ragu yesterday so dinner tonight will be spag bol which will be nice and easy!

Lunch out today in the northern quarter in Manchester for a team work event.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 10th, 2018, 9:28 am

Supper on Monday was linguine with all sorts of bits and bobs ... a couple of anchovy fillets, a shallot, some spring onions, two large Swiss chard leaves, capers and lots of little Sungold cherry tomatoes ... soooooo delicious.

Yesterday lunch was a corned beef and homemade tomato and courgette chutney.

OH made a delicious chicken korma-ish curry with naan bread for supper. :chops:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Rocky » October 11th, 2018, 9:32 am

That sounds like a very good solution OMCO - and delicious!

On Monday I had lemon chicken with loads of veg. Tuesday I roasted butternut squash and sprinkled feta on and had that with meatballs and brocolli (OMCO’s sausage ones sound better). Out last night with a chum whose OH is also away. I had mahi beautifully cooked with a delicately spiced tomato / onion concoction with chips and salad.

It was roti Wednesday yesterday but I didn’t have a chance to eat mine so that will form dinner in some form...
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 11th, 2018, 10:09 am

Actually I think yours sounds lovely Rocky! I love butternut squash and feta together.

I've been feeling absolutely shattered lately and keep going a bit light headed. I'm not sure if it's something to do with anaemia/low iron in pregnancy but I'm going to have lunch in Starbucks downstairs and treat myself to a chocolate brownie. I think I need to sugar to keep me going today! Bearing in mind I can't have any caffeine :td:

I was supposed to be out for dinner for a friends birthday tonight but I'm not sure I can stay up for it :shock: If I don't end up going then I might defrost some beef and barley casserole which I know is in the freezer and have it with some greens.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 12th, 2018, 9:04 am

We had some pre-frozen pastries this morning from the supermarket. I cooked some a few weeks ago, following the instructions on the packet, and the bottom was under cooked and the top burnt. I cooked them on a rack this time so the heat could circulate underneath and all the syrup collapsed through the bottom and they broke apart. There are three left so i'll attempt once more before consigning them to the 'never buy again' list :D

Lunch will be something with eggs...omelette or fritatta.

Dinner is a family favourite..chicken with white wine, cream, tarragon, pancetta, peas and leeks. With potatoes of some description and some green beans on the side.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Catherine » October 12th, 2018, 11:08 am

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:Dinner is a family favourite..chicken with white wine, cream, tarragon, pancetta, peas and leeks. With potatoes of some description and some green beans on the side.

I often make very similar to this for my nephews. They prefer it with rice
Catherine
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 12th, 2018, 5:52 pm

2 small bacon sarnies around 10.15 a bag of sweet potato crisps - should have been chilli and lemon but were devoid of flavouring. Now ravenous for my fillet of brill with Pink Fir Apples and some leeks and carrot batons.

I bought a preflavoured roast in a bag ckx. (RTC) and I will stick it in the oven with the fish later.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 12th, 2018, 6:20 pm

Catherine wrote:I often make very similar to this for my nephews. They prefer it with rice

I borrowed your idea and did white rice along with the planned pink fir apple potatoes roasted in their skins...both went down very well but DD definitely ate more rice! :tu:
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 12th, 2018, 7:49 pm

I think I've had a variation on the cereal bar/fruit salad/porridge breakfasts every day this week. Oh, I tell I lie, one day had a sausage, mushroom and tomato omelette in a pitta.

Tuesday lunch was chicken and veg.
Tea was a mezze for one which included all sorts of goodies but healthy... falafel, hummus, halloumi, lots of veg, roast aubergine, tsatziki, an aubergine and tomato dip, wholemeal pitta, roasted cherry tomatoes. Lovely!

Wednesday, lunch was leftover mezze.
Out for tea with my friend. Had potato, spinach and bacon topped with poached egg to start. Rump steak and chips for main. Chocolate brownie and ice cream for afters.

Thursday, sushi and baked crisps for lunch.
A Mexican quorn concoction with rice for tea.

Today, leftover Mexican quorn and rice, crisps and fruit salad for lunch.
I've cooked a ham with an Asian style basting so I had a couple of thick slices with stir fried carrots, mange tout and cabbage with a fried egg.

A decent week of eating for a change!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 13th, 2018, 9:28 am

We had a totally gastronomic week because we enjoyed my birthday present treat to Maison Pic in Valence. A 2 night package with 2 dinners, first in the bistro and seco in the *** restaurant and 2 wonderfull breakfasts.

The later waiter served eith in the room or the lounge.Everything made in-house and apart form the jams pastries, yogurt and fruit there were eggs served anyway you wanted, platter of charcuterie and another of cheeses and if you didn't want it all it was offered as a take-away!

The main event was the Harmony menu - her it is in English which is not the best transaltion ever. It was so beautiful and original while being so subtle. I had the apple dessert and Mr R had the fig one
https://www.anne-sophie-pic.com/en/cont ... restaurant

On the way there and back we had lunches in smallish restaurants all new to us while visiting wine producers to stock up the cellar.
as was the lovely lunch we had on Wednesday - grilled gambas in a starter protion a shared cheese platter and a lovely Breton sable biscuit with white chocolate mousse and fresh rasberries.

last night we went simple at home with moules frites and panna cotta.
Lunch will be the rest of the mussels made into chowder and supper is quenelles de brochet with sauce nantua - thanks to the butcher who had them for the first time this autumn.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 14th, 2018, 10:43 am

That all sounds wonderful Rats :D

Our Friday supper was a casserole of Shin of Beef, with red wine and juniper berries, buttered 'spring' greens and creamy mashed potatoes with lots of chopped chives from the garden stirred through.

Yesterday's supper was toad in the hole with lots of fried onions dolloped around the sausages after the batter had been poured into the hot oil.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » October 14th, 2018, 11:12 am

Oooh, that toad sounds seriously fab..... :hungry: :hungry: :chops: :chops:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 14th, 2018, 1:20 pm

Our butcher had quenelles de brochet in yesterday so the chowder was moved forwards to lunch and we had the quenelles last evening folowed by an apple streudel from the frezzer afterwards,

Today we had Provencal roast pork with garlic pommes puree, buttered savoy cabbage, HM sage and onion stuffing and balsamic cherry tomatoes. Some cheese and then bahama bananas and rum raisin ice cream.

There is a bit of chowder left for supper tonight.

Forward planning means we can have bubble and squeak with a fresh egg tomorrow for lunch!
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 14th, 2018, 1:46 pm

We've had one of my best friends, her husband and 3 kids staying this weekend and I'm so pooped :D Had a great time though.

We let the children make their own pizzas last night followed by fruit salad. I'm not remotely embarrassed to say we ordered a very delicious Thai take away for the adults when the children were asleep. Dessert was cheese, fruit, truffles.

Breakfast was a combination of cereal, fruit salad, yoghurt, pastries, bacon and egg oat cakes and bananas.

Heading to the village Sunday market to grab a few things and maybe get a hot chocolate at one of the places on the square. Dinner will be beef stroganoff with rice.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 14th, 2018, 11:37 pm

Sounds like everyone's having good food! Boring day for me today really...

Porridge with sliced apple, pear and a drizzle of chocolate syrup for breakfast
Took Leo to a soft play place (good grief :terrified: ) and got lunch at the terrible (although totally suitable for a soft play place) cafe... a jacket potato (literally a microwaved potato cut into 4), beans, lettuce, tomato and cucumber. No butter, no seasoning, no dressing! Ah well, good for the diet at least!
Some popchips later on.
Tea was pork and mushroom kinda stroganoff with rice, cabbage and peas.
A cereal bar later on.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 15th, 2018, 7:45 am

Yesterday’s supper was a pork shoulder joint, rubbed with fennel seeds and roasted, with baked baby beets, buttered Swiss chard, creamy roasted garlicky mashed Maris Pipers and a gravy made with the roasting pan juices and a splash of white wine. It was delicious. :chops: OH had second helpings of the mash :lol: :tu:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 15th, 2018, 8:45 am

Yogurt and berries, or just berries for breakfast

Yesterday's mash and cabbage to be turned into bubble and squeak cakes with a fried egg on top for lunch.

The rest of the pork with the stuffing and apple made into a pie filling probably with some chips. Follwed by apple and calvados compote afterwards.

Suffs i do envy you the baby beets :drool:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 15th, 2018, 9:24 am

Ratatouille wrote:Suffs i do envy you the baby beets

They were lovely ... I see this morning that the one remaining one has disappeared ... washer up's perks :lol:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby nursemimi » October 16th, 2018, 2:15 pm

toast for breakfast this morning and coffee'
Dinner tonight is ham and beans with home made corn bread :hungry:

Mimi
nursemimi
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 16th, 2018, 6:50 pm

For the last few days I've been eating up the chilli I made last week in the evenings. Tonight I had a girolle omelette with smoked garlic and caciocavallo.

Satruday lunch was a shared ego mayo sandwich and a shared mushroom 'sausage' roll at Kew Gardens, followed by a piece of cake.
Sunday lunch was a very thin pizza and white chocolate mousse with orange sauce (Ask) the mousse was frozen. Not sure it was supposed to be :? For dinner I just had porridge with a tiny bit of single cream and a combination of demererra and soft dark brown sugar.

I think I may have a dessert tonight, although I shouldn't. I ended up just having a Slimfast bar and a banana today - not to diet, but because I didn't fancy food but had dodgy blood sugar levels. Plus just got stuck on a train between stations for 60 mins.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 16th, 2018, 10:42 pm

Not too good eating the last 2 days, especially in the evenings. Nothing terrible but not enough really, no snacks...

Yesterday, I had veggie sausage, tomato and mushroom pitta for breakfast
Lunch was leftover stroganoff, rice and veg.
Couldn't be bothered with tea so late on, I had some quorn nuggets and bbq sauce.

Today, yoghurt, banana and granola for breakfast
Lunch was chicken, half a pouch of spicy rice, roast tomatoes and mange tout.
Very late tea of mushroom, tomato and cheese omelette.
What a blummin stressful day today!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » October 17th, 2018, 10:50 am

Can’t believe it’s a week since I updated. OH was away until Monday so weekend eating wasn’t particularly exciting - had a lovely jerk chicken wrap one day and a tuna quiche one evening. This week had pasta and pesto on Monday. Went out for a quick drink with a colleague last night..... and got home at 11 :oops: Better food day today!
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 17th, 2018, 12:16 pm

I stir fried the rest of the paork joint with hoisin and wok vegetables and served it on egg fried rice last evening for supper. Then we had pancakes filled with apple compote.

Today toast and marmalade was had for breakfast.
Eggs Benedict for lunch followed by grapes
Supper will be wild mushroom risotto and a Breton Far - I've got a lot of eggs to use.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 17th, 2018, 3:22 pm

Yesterday was a shocking food day so the less said about that the better! We have made banana bread (not for me, I cant stand them) and chocolate brownies which contained maltesers over the last few days, and both went down very well.

Breakfast was cereal and lunch was sandwiches, fruit and crisps bought from the deli between primary school visits and tours :shock: :scared:

We're making jambalaya for dinner with chicken, chorizo and prawns.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 17th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Today, I had a cereal bar and a banana for breakfast.
Another cereal bar later on.
Lunch was the rest of the chicken, rice and roast tomatoes.
Tea has just been a nice all day breakfast including bubble and squeak cakes.
I probably ought to eat some fruit... not reeeeaally what I fancy though... :rolleyes:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 18th, 2018, 10:26 am

Oh dear, I've lost track again ... delving into my memory ... here goes ...

Monday's supper was Nasi Goreng made with the remains of the roast pork

Tuesday was a smoked gammon hock with leeks, carrots, celery, baby potatoes and parsley sauce ... followed by a 99 each from the ice cream van which has starting coming around here on Tuesdays :rolleyes: :lol:

Wednesday's supper was 3 mustard pork stroganoff https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/col ... e-mustards as discussed on the Pork Tenderloin thread. Rather than the rice suggested we had it with tagliatelle :chops:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 18th, 2018, 7:33 pm

Cereal and fruit for breakfast.

Lunch was swede, potato, celeriac and apple soup...with a hint of cider and cream as well as the stock. With a few nuggets of stilton sprinkled on top of the soup, plus a chunk of crusty bread.

Dinner was stir fried veg with soy/sesame oil/oyster sauce etc with rice served with grilled pork steaks with a chilli, sesame and crushed schezuan peppercorn rub.

We’ve shared a mini portion of sticky toffee pudding from the freezer for dessert.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Catherine » October 18th, 2018, 8:54 pm

suffolk wrote:Tuesday was a smoked gammon hock with leeks, carrots, celery, baby potatoes and parsley sauce ... followed by a 99 each from the ice cream van which has starting coming around here on Tuesdays

The ice cream van round here never misses a day, even christmas day :o
Catherine
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 19th, 2018, 8:51 am

Last night we had lamb chops boulanger with lots of buttered spinach and the rest of the Far afterwrads.

This morning himself had some linseed bread toast and HM strawberry jam.

I'm just going down to make celery and apple soup for lunch and I have some lovely ripe plums which "must" be eaten.
There is a piece of undyed smoked haddock thawing for a kedgeree tonight. Faiselle and berries afterwards.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 19th, 2018, 9:28 am

The past week or so has been a bit disorganised, resulting in a lot of quick 'egg and beans' type meals, fish and chips one evening and grabbed sandwiches :oops:. I have the ingredients ready to make a nice fish stew for my night shifts. I forgot to get any passata though and only have one tin of tomatoes so it will be made after I've been shopping.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby nursemimi » October 19th, 2018, 6:34 pm

Breakfast was scrambled eggs and toast.
Lunch was a tomato, onion and feta salad with white balsamic drizzled on top :hungry:
Dinner tonight is pork steaks slow cooked in a homemade curry sauce with basmati rice and broccoli

Mimi
nursemimi
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 19th, 2018, 7:43 pm

Yesterday, I only got to eat breakfast at around 11:30 which was bubble and squeak, veggie sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes.
So I thought I didn't need lunch and just had apple, pear and tangerine instead.
I was blummin hungry by tea time!
Had butternut squash, chickpea and spinach curry, rice, makeshift naan using a wholemeal pitta and a mini falafel.

Today, I have ballsed up my good diet week by having cereal bar x 2 and a banana for breakfast and then a veggie subway sub and crisps for lunch :rolleyes:
Now wondering what to have for tea... maybe just the last of the curry and try to avoid the crisps and chocolate which have appeared in the cupboard :?: ;)
Could do with a bit more veg really.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » October 19th, 2018, 11:27 pm

EM - I’ve had a disorganized week too so a bit of a shocker food wise - good from a diet point of view :lol: There was a celebration at work on Wednesday so only got home late and missed dinner again. I had meetings from 7:30 - 3 so missed a sensible time to have lunch yesterday. Just as I opened fridge to get lunch out, boss came back from v stressful meeting and needed to debrief so suddenly it was 6. Got home and roasted a bit of veg. OH had a frozen pizza :oops: . I missed breakfast today to get to work early. Lunch was quickly at home of leftover roasted veg on way to the airport. Off for a week for my brother’s wedding so am overnighting in San Juan on my own (OH coming in a few days) and staying in a hotel with rubbish looking food and a bit in the middle of nowhere. Think I’ll be best going with something Puerto Rican so I will probably go for shrimp mofongo. Meet mum and sister in DC tomorrow for a couple of days then off to Alabama for the wedding.
Rocky
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 20th, 2018, 11:03 am

Thursday's supper was a saffron, sage and roasted butternut squash risotto :chops:

Yesterday's supper was fresh mackerel fillets, spiced with cayenne, coriander, cumin and lemon and grilled, served with a warm and lemony potato salad and baby gem lettuce.

Tonight we'll be having chicken thighs roasted with the last of the tomatoes from the garden and bits of preserved lemon, served with herby wholegrain rice and then everything dressed with some lemony salsa verde that I've just made, along with some green beans.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 20th, 2018, 12:30 pm

We had toasted crumpets and honey after the market.

Lunch was Accras , hot pepper sauce followed by grapes.

Supper is to be posh mac n' cheese and tarte au citron with some raspberries
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 20th, 2018, 1:17 pm

Nice and organised yesterday.

Quark and fruit for breakfast with a spiced biscuit from Ikea

Cheese and cucumber sandwich for lunch.

Lovely fish stew with rice and spinach for supper

.. and a banana during the night (working).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 21st, 2018, 3:16 pm

Shared antipasti starter and funghi & truffle pizza at Gusto for a birthday last night.

Lovely pastries and fruit from Booths this morning. A few snacky bits nicked off daughters plate at a go karting party earlier.

Birthday no.3 of the weekend is at our favourite local Indian restaurant. The birthday girl is 7 and has chosen curry :D Good. I’m in the mood for biryani I think and OH has got his sights set on their chilli prawns which is a scorcher of a dish. DD will have one of their children’s curry’s.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 21st, 2018, 7:15 pm

Yesterday, after weigh in (lost 4.5lb - pow!), I had bacon and egg on a bagel thin.
Lunch was a long, casual one with my friend and Leo out at one of our favourites. I had thick cut ham and cheese on a wodge of toast, roasted cherry toms, salad, crisps and coleslaw. The a piece of carrot cake.
We had a takeaway from a new (to us) place which is tiny but was sooo packed, I couldn't believe it! A line of grills and tandoors were smoking away with about 10 chefs manning them! I had chicken breast with spiced rice and it came with hummus, salsa and a spicy mayo. We also had a fatayer topped with za'atar.

Today, very late I had a seeded bagel thin.
Later, a packet of wheat crunchies and a flat white.
Tea has been super... Butternut squash and quorn pieces risotto with roasted courgettes.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » October 22nd, 2018, 12:49 pm

Woo Hoo Em - really well done!

Eating still a bit erratic. Travelled on Saturday. Missed breakfast. Arrived in DC to be told the family was at an Apple shop getting phones fixed so first five hours of holiday spent in a shopping mall attending to iPhones :shock: We did stop at PF Changs and shared Hokies noodles, spicy beef with green beans, a chicken dish and wok charred sprouts. Sprouts had pineapple in them :sprout: By the time we got to my sister’s house no one was really hungry so we had a glass of wine and a few crisps.

Yesterday lunch was fab - at a bit of a rustic crab restaurant. Shared a half dozen crabs between four of us which was hugely messy. Then shared some amazing crab cakes and salad. Then went to watch a live NFL game and had an amazing pretzel. And that was it. Not sure on today. Morning sightseeing in DC so grab something en route. It is v v cold here (compared to home) so it involves soup!
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 22nd, 2018, 1:23 pm

Lucky you Rocky. We had some of the best food in America when we visited DC. Well done Em!!!

We had lunch with friends yesterday - really nice pate, pulled pork with a chilli sauce with green beans and boulager potatoes. The HM florentines with icecream.

I made a vat of roasted pumpkin, tomatoes and red onions soup this morning which will do for two lunches.
Tonight is to be a veal roast with baby potatoes cooked around it. I have got some parsnips which I will probably throw in with them. a blueberry and apple crumble has been ordered - fine as the oven will be on anyway.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 22nd, 2018, 2:52 pm

Supper yesterday was local thick Barnsley lamb chops, panfried crispy and caramelised on the outside and soft and pink inside ... with mint jelly, leek and potato dauphinoise and buttered 'spring' cabbage and gravy made with pan juices. :chops:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » October 22nd, 2018, 4:16 pm

Oooh, Suffs, once again your Sunday tea sounds wonderful! I love Barnsley chops (and so does Mr S). :chops:

Brought back some particularly wonderful salt-marsh ones from the Lakes (which we had with samphire and new spuds).
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop