What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Rocky » May 18th, 2018, 10:41 am

That aubergine thing sounds delicious OMCO! We have a bank holiday this weekend so I'm determined to make something interesting!

Yesterday's food was a bit mixed. I had taken a salad to work but was never out of meetings long enough to eat it so the only thing consumed at work was a glass of rose :oops: to celebrate a birthday. Out for dinner with friends - annoyingly our fav local restaurant decided to do a pasta night and I'm not a huge pasta fan. I had a rice noodle dish with a piece of salmon. Better day today. Am completely undecided about dinner. Maybe steak....
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » May 18th, 2018, 12:10 pm

I didn't have much time yesterday but we had some Accras with HM hot sauce for lunch, floowed by strawberries
Supper was hm fish cakes from the freezer with parsley sauce and fresh spinach and the faiselle with raspberries made a bit naughty with a splash of framboise eau de vie.

Lunch was a hot dog each made with our butcher's Strasbourg sausage and lots of soft cooked onions. :drool: Just had a coffee and a square of 80% chocolate after.

For supper it will be Lyonaise chicken parcels with courgette gratin and some cherry pancakes afterwards.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 18th, 2018, 3:17 pm

Breakfast - left quite early for JC so took a plum, an apple and a Nutrigrain bar to nibble en hoof.

Lunch - a late one once home. Leftover chicken mulligatawny soup with added courgette dice and spinach.

Dinner - this will be pasta cooked with cubes of potato, shredded green cabbage and lots of chilli, garlic and parmesan. Blueberry Greek yoghurt for pud.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 18th, 2018, 7:57 pm

This diet's getting a bit samey but I know where I am with it!

Brunch: The remains of yesterday's salmon/veg dish with rice added. An apple.
Snack: banana
Supper: Turkey mince patties cooked as a tray bake with small pots & loads of other veg. Quark & berries.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 19th, 2018, 8:46 pm

Oh dear, me again.

Breakfast: fruit & quark
Lunch: rice salad. Satsuma
Supper: (thrown together after work so I could watch wedding highlights): Smash & baked beans, egg, leftover turkey patty pieces, mushrooms - all mixed together :oops: . Berries & quark.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 20th, 2018, 2:12 am

Breakfast - skipped the food side of things and had cranberry juice and coffee.

Lunch - more like brunch. A large wholemeal seeded crusty roll, Marmite, mayonnaise, cucumber, tomato, red little gem lettuce, lots of celery.

Dinner - a quick microwave meal of mushroom rice, baked beans, mushrooms and spinach.

Later - more celery (I'm addicted!) dipped in low fat salad cream.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Rocky » May 20th, 2018, 2:09 pm

On Friday we felt that steaks were a bit complicated :oops: so OH had a pizza and I had some roasted veg. Yesterday after a long run had chicken curry for lunch. Dinner was the steaks with prosciutto wrapped little spuds and spinach with roasted toms, red peppers and red onion.

Not sure on lunch today. Dinner is kale and cauliflower risotto - maybe with chicken.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » May 20th, 2018, 3:16 pm

Yesterday we were somewhat occupied with wedding and footie - well I was anyway ;)

For lunch we had a salad platter with cold meats, cottge cheese and salad bits with ice cream cones afterwards.
Supper was a mac n'cheese de chez nous - which means lots of extras. Fresh strawberries afterwards.

Today I reverted to my standby with stir fry fillet beef and asparagus - can't do it many times in the year. We had prawns Marie Rose in Scottish smoked salmon rolls with fresh rye bread to start. Followed by cheese and a nougat glace with fresh rasberries to finish.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 20th, 2018, 5:45 pm

Breakfast - an early start on decorating with family so no time for anything other than juice and coffee.

Lunch - we nibbled on almonds, freshly popped popcorn, refreshing water with lemon and cucumber slices.

Dinner - two fish cakes, two slices of garlic bread, leftover mushroom rice with baked beans and spinach. A small bowl of banana / blueberry ice cream.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » May 20th, 2018, 7:43 pm

Crikey, another week passed!

Have I eaten anything interesting in the week? Lunches, no. Teas... kimchi and ham fried rice; a sort-of ham, egg and chips - cubed ham, cubed spuds, halved cherry tomatoes all mixed and baked in a dish then topped with fried eggs; can't remember much else. I'll start from Friday:

Very umami soupy noodles with veg dumplings

Yesterday, started eating my breakfast of smoked salmon and cream cheese omelette with toast when I realised the bread was mouldy and threw it all out in protest/brattish behaviour
An iced latte and a mini soreen bar.
A quorn chicken salad sandwich (post shopping for new bread) with some chilli and lemon potato grills
Spicy Mexican shredded beef from the freezer with Mexican rice and a sweetcorn/tomato/coriander/lime salsa. Then frozen grapes and blueberries, sliced strawberries and a mini chocolate brownie with a small glass of wine. I was having a day off ;) :lol:

Today, quorn sausage, mushrooms and fried egg on toast.
A solo platter of hummus, olives, cucumber, peppers, baby corn, lemon and potato grills.... and a mugshot :?

Been out for tea and had grilled chicken and cajun prawns, chips, salad and coleslaw.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » May 20th, 2018, 8:32 pm

Yesterday... a zillion calorie peanut butter and caramel slice in a garden centre
some deep fried brie at around 3pm
dinner was Quorn Swedish non-meat balls in tomato sauce with cheese, then pecan and bourbon tart from Waitorise (yum!)
today pea, soya bean and broad bean risotto with parmesan
sticky toffee pudding with honeycomb ice cream
garlicky pizza with spinch mushrooms and s-d tom paste
more pecan tart
What a piglet!
Was supposed to be having a barbecue and unfortunately I bought lots of supplies, but we were both too tired in the end. Next weekend...
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 20th, 2018, 9:02 pm

Ooh Herbie - I'd kill for that peanut butter slice and pecan tart!

Breakfast: Large apple
Lunch: Cheese scone with butter at farm shop cafe (which reminds me, the other pat of butter is still in my handbag!)
Supper: Turkey and rice loaf (a home made concoction which turned out rather well), stir fried veg, jacket potato with very low fat mayo. Quark & berries
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 20th, 2018, 10:35 pm

Are those Quorn non-meat balls any good?
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » May 21st, 2018, 7:07 am

I like them Tezza, but I also like the sausages and 'steaks' etc. I imagine if you like the other things, you will find the 'Swedish-style balls' (?!!!) acceptable. I don;t compare them to the real thing, of course. (I am not sure I have ever had the real thing, but if I had it would have been over 30 years ago.)

They are a good quickish standby dinner, if you have a jar of tomato sauce, for when you are too tired to cook but very hungry. I just bung the lot in the oven in a very small casserole dish, with some frozen peas and lots of herbs, garlic seasoning and a a few grinds of smoked paprika. Student food really?! :shock:

The jar of sauce I had was really rather good. Bought in France and came in a Bon Maman-shaped jar. Will have to try and find it again.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 21st, 2018, 7:17 am

I have never had actual meat balls either but have always liked the look of them in a sauce with spaghetti. I do like the idea of throwing these Quorn ones in the oven as you describe while my spaghetti is bubbling away. A good few Parmesan shavings should finish the dish. I'll add some to my shopping list. :tu:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » May 21st, 2018, 7:32 am

You could probably do it quicker In a microwave if you have one. Or just defrost and simmer in a sauce on the hob. I like to put things in the oven :)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 21st, 2018, 3:05 pm

I do use my microwave as often as I can as long as doesn't affect taste or appearance, both of which are essential if you are going to enjoy the eating! Saves electricity, washing up, etc. :tu:

No breakfast again for me today. Too hot and bothered and thirsty to feel hungry so plenty fluids satisfied me upon waking. Must be a hot weather thing.

Lunch - half a cheese and salad baguette in Sainsbury's cafe with my mum, half a bowl of chips. It didn't touch the sides.

Dinner - will be tray baked chicken drumsticks which have marinating overnight in curry a curry paste / yoghurt / coconut milk mix which I will sit on top of some leftover rice from last night which I probably won't bother heating up. If that wasn't coconutty enough, banana and coconut ice cream later. I'll buy some wafers to sandwich it in if my local stocks them. Ooh, I wonder if they sell that chocolate sauce that goes hard and crackly when it hits cold? Oink! :chops:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Rocky » May 21st, 2018, 7:10 pm

The risotto was really rather underwhelming last night annoyingly. Not sure where I went wrong.

Today is a bank holiday - Whit Monday so after a run and a bit of work we had an hour chatting on the beach with a beer and have just had some smoked salmon for lunch - watching the House of Lords make the decision to throw BVI and other territories under the bus. Dinner is going to be a traybake of chicken thighs with bacon, spuds and onion cooked with white wine, lemon and oregano. Probably with some brocoli.
Rocky
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 21st, 2018, 9:07 pm

Rocky - :hug:

Lunch: Chicken & salad roll. Banana
Afternoon: Borders lemon biscuits as friend came round for coffee
Supper: rice, veg and dry fried eggs. Quark & berries
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Rocky » May 21st, 2018, 9:45 pm

earthmaiden wrote:Rocky - :hug:

Lunch: Chicken & salad roll. Banana
Afternoon: Borders lemon biscuits as friend came round for coffee
Supper: rice, veg and dry fried eggs. Quark & berries

Thank you and apologies for being a moaning Minnie. The place is on its knees and this is just a further kick. Selfishly it just makes my (already hard) job harder. I'll be of fine character after all of this if the 'it is character building...' People are to be believed!

Hope everyone has had a good Monday. :hug:
Rocky
Registered

Postby EmWilk » May 21st, 2018, 9:47 pm

Rocky... :cry: it sounds very tough. But it also sounds like you're doing a fabulous job over there too :hug:

Today, I had fruit salad for breakfast.
More shredded spicy beef, rice and salsa for lunch
Tea has been very greedy... kfc style fake away of herby, spicy, breaded chicken breast pieces, oven baked chips, homemade baked beans and some cheapo southern style gravy from powder out of a tub :oops:
I've just had a chocolate mousse too.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby icelesley » May 22nd, 2018, 7:40 am

I haven't posted on here for a while :oops:
Breakfast:A bit of leftover chicken on toast
Lunch: Ham salad
Dinner : Pork loin chop stuffed with soft goats cheese and herbs on a bed of rice and roasted veg with steamed tenderstem broccoli followed by tirimisu
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » May 22nd, 2018, 9:36 am

We are trying to use things up before we leave for our week in London.

Breakfasts this week therefore are mostly yogurts with berries

Yesterday I made asparagus soup using the stalks of the asparagus I stir-fried on Sunday.
Supper was a small pork roast with HM sage and onion stuffing, fresh peas and potatoess cooked round the meat
Dessert was the frist apricots of the season poached in sweet white wine .

There is enough pork left for pork and stuffing sandwiches for lunch and a pork sage and apple pie which we will have have with some butter beans cooked with shallots and paprika in a little butter.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby MagicMarmite » May 22nd, 2018, 3:02 pm

I'm actually eating a half decent meal this evening, pork chop with apples, sweet potato mash and cauliflower cheese.
MagicMarmite
Registered

Postby Busybee » May 22nd, 2018, 3:14 pm

MagicMarmite wrote:I'm actually eating a half decent meal this evening, pork chop with apples, sweet potato mash and cauliflower cheese.

That sounds rather lovely MM.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 22nd, 2018, 3:37 pm

Breakfast - muesli with apple and mango juice.

Lunch - two slices of wholemeal seeded toast with Marmite topped with scrambled eggs. Banana coconut ice cream for a sweet treat.

Dinner - I will dine on a couple of fish cakes, a few new potatoes and a selection of veg on the side and a great big splodge of salad cream.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » May 22nd, 2018, 6:38 pm

breakfast was a banana
lunch, a Pret sweet potato avocado (not ripe! :sprout: ) and beetroot salad, with a couple of hard boiled eggs on the side
dinner: Covent Garden Fiery salsa and corn soup jazzed up with more corn, about 4 Manomasa olive and Manchego tortilla chips, some liquid smoke and a little grated cheddar.
I may finsih the pecan and bourbon tart, then I have one more little pudding to eat and that's it for a bit...?

I forewent cake at work today, but did have a little chocolate. Easy myself in (or out.)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Catherine » May 22nd, 2018, 6:39 pm

icelesley wrote:Dinner : Pork loin chop stuffed with soft goats cheese and herbs on a bed of rice and roasted veg with steamed tenderstem broccoli followed by tirimisu

Ooh that sounds nice. Going to do that for the kids
Catherine
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 22nd, 2018, 7:51 pm

Sometimes I just read through and decide who I'd like to dine with on here! Not me for sure ....
Breakfast: Quark & fruit
Lunch: Rice & veg salad.
Supper: sod the calories ... was so tired I had a macaroni cheese ready meal which was in the freezer with the addition of tomatoes and basil. Then berries & quark.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » May 22nd, 2018, 8:05 pm

Ha ha, EM, sod them indeed! Gotta be done sometimes.

Today, I had a banana butty for breakfast.
Strawberries, grapes and a fibre one bar.
Homemade baked beans on a jacket spud for lunch.
A pear.
Leek and chive dumplings, veggie noodles and kimchi for tea.
I really want something else but I don't know what...
EmWilk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 22nd, 2018, 8:42 pm

Leek and chive dumplings intrigue me! Do you make them yourself Em?
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » May 23rd, 2018, 12:33 am

Sadly, not these ones Tezza... they are from a large bag of frozen ones in my freezer which I buy from the Chinese shop... sooo tasty!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » May 23rd, 2018, 12:52 am

Yum to the dumplings and loving the sod the calories attitude. Someone was selling locally made curry paste so we have had a veggie curry with aubergine, broccoli, red pepper, courgette and mushrooms. :oops: Made way too much so that is lunch for us both sorted tomorrow.
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » May 23rd, 2018, 9:54 am

Hope everyone is well!

I can't recall what we've had in the last week really, although dinner last night was a squid and chorizo salad with a herb vinaigrette. and grilled lemon halves.

Lunch today is going to be flat bread stuffed with falafel, humous, gem lettuce, grated carrot and a drizzle of greek yoghurt.

Dinner is going to be a current favourite of red wine, cavolo nero and mushroom risotto topped with seared and sliced vension medallions. Not exactly warm weather food but I've got a real craving for it.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Catherine » May 23rd, 2018, 12:48 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:Dinner is going to be a current favourite of red wine, cavolo nero and mushroom risotto topped with seared and sliced vension medallions.

I did a red wine risotto for the kids recently with venison sausages. They loved it
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 23rd, 2018, 7:37 pm

Today I have been bad as in I haven't really eaten much!

No breakfast, just fluids. I then went to Sainsbury's with my mum, and while she needed her customary large skinny late, I was happy to whip round the store for a fortnightly shop.

Back home we cracked on building my wardrobe. I didn't even think of food until about 4pm when I ate a plum.

Dinner - two Young's fish cakes with new potatoes, savoy cabbage, baked beans, sweetcorn, coleslaw. A dark chocolate choc ice is on the cards in a bit.....
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » May 23rd, 2018, 8:18 pm

Not sure what I think to the sound of red wine risotto... Is it good? Not a red wine drinker so don't suppose it would be my thing.

Banana butty for breakfast
Lunch was leftover noodles with quorn chicken slices (sandwich stuff)
Fruit salad throughout the very busy day!
Tea is in the oven now... a ratatouille type pasta bake with some quorn sausages. I'm really hungry tonight!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 23rd, 2018, 10:22 pm

Those dumplings sound interesting em!

Breakfast: Quark & satsuma
Lunch: rice, corn & veg salad
Supper: another ready meal from the freezer :oops:. Veg lasagne. Quark with added sweetness & vanilla & stawberries to dip.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 24th, 2018, 6:29 am

My appetite caught up with me late last night. I nibbled half a dozen celery sticks dipped in hummus. So, breakfast will be fluids. I'll think about what's for lunch and dinner while I am having my hair cut.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Catherine » May 24th, 2018, 10:58 am

EmWilk wrote:Not sure what I think to the sound of red wine risotto... Is it good? Not a red wine drinker so don't suppose it would be my thing.

I'm not a red wine drinker either but it really isn't strong here. The kids like it and youngest is 8
Catherine
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » May 24th, 2018, 12:37 pm

Emma it's not strong of red wine, especially as the alcohol is mostly cooked off. We use beef stock and herbs too so the result is very savoury. Those dumplings you've mentioned do sound good! We've not had a trip to the Chinese supermarket in ages.

Breakfast was granola.

Lunch was some salad leaves, tomatoes, carrot and onion etc with a few spoonfuls of pesto pasta salad and a slice of thick cut ham from the deli.

Dinner will be something easy eaten in the garden. Lilia has a playhouse which OH and FIL built at the bottom of the garden. Unfortunately the cows and sheep have been eating the back of the roof, and what they can reach of the flower boxes, strawberry and tomato filled hanging baskets etc and it needs a touch up of paint inside so OH wants to get cracking on sorting it out.

So I might keep things simple with antipasti, bread and olives, manchego and quince etc. Possibly fruit salad afterwards.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 24th, 2018, 12:59 pm

Lunch - half a brown bread bake at home baguette stuffed with brie, cucumber, lettuce, tomato with two big fat celery sticks on the side. Dark chocolate choc ice and black coffee.

Dinner - will be sweet potato, butternut and coconut soup.

I was turning a lump of parmesan into shavings last night and am left with the rind which I have saved for my next soup but I am not sure it would add the right flavour to tonight's soup so I might save it for another day.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » May 24th, 2018, 9:27 pm

We sometimes get gifted red wine and as we don't drink it, I might give it a bash next time :tu:

Today... quorn sausage butty.
Leftover pasta bake for lunch and fruit salad.
Tea has been flat iron steak, broccoli, mushroom and tomatoes served with a bake of tomatoey veg and potato slices which I made last night with spare ratatouille.
Had a chocolate Fibre One bar tonight with a brew.
I hope all this sticking to plan pays off!!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » May 25th, 2018, 10:45 am

I really like red wine risotto :chops:

After quite a nice veggie curry on Tuesday things have gone a bit downhill. Had intended to go out on Wednesday but finished work too late so had some soup from the freezer.

Yesterday thousands of people marched in an organised protest against the UK ending at my office. Slightly stressful afternoon but all peaceful in the end. Some rather horrible banners though 'first you chain us, then don't sustain us, now you constrain us', 'enough colonial oppression' - so it could have turned nasty. Escaped at 7 met OH for a quick drink and then we got a Chinese takeaway - some nice noodles and beef and broccoli.

Out for lunch with a friend today who is leaving for good :( . I would say at least 2/3 of my friends have left since the hurricane. The place we are going does a really nice mahi mahi wrap. I feel like proving to OH (and myself) that I haven't become a tired person who can't be bothered so want to make something nice tonight - maybe fish tagine or a paella.

Happy Friday :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Rocky
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 25th, 2018, 11:01 am

Glad you are still managing to keep your chin up Rocky :(. At least you seem to have access to nice food, I think all busy people find it a struggle to make an effort to make nice meals every day so you do very well indeed.

A bit out of kilter here going from a day shift to night shift. Yesterday:
Around 10am: 1/2 apple & 1/2 banana with quark.
Mid afternoon - stir fried veg with Turkey & noodles added(& flavouring if course).
Early evening: the other half of the Apple & banana.
Middle of night: Rice salad containing corn & veg.
7am today before bed: hungry. Egg with Smash and Peppa Pig spaghetti. No more work for a few days so will be replenishing the larder.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 25th, 2018, 12:00 pm

Breakfast - just fruit juice. I have really got out of eating first thing! This happened to me several years ago. I didn't ever work out why. I'm eating okay for the rest of the day so am not worrying about it.

Lunch - a large bowl of leek and potato which I made from scratch this morning from RTC spuds and leeks obtained from Co-op last night. Easily enough there for four large portions. Not bad for just under £1!

Dinner - I think I'll make a big bowl of mixed salad with chickpeas and serve with garlic bread with mozzarella.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » May 25th, 2018, 7:45 pm

Rocky, you sound like you're really having a tough time... :hug:

I started today in Starbucks with a hazelnut latte and fruit toast. Can you believe that the fruit toast is 24 syns :o normal toast is only 12 max, what on earth must be in it?! Other than the fruit of course.

Anyway, that was before going to a meeting and the meeting was with someone who was fasting so i forewent lunch also and then had to rush back to the office for another meeting (which annoyingly got cancelled) so didn't get chance to eat anything other than an apple.
OH and I can't be bothered tonight so we're having quorn nuggets and wedges :lol:
Probably the worst food diary of the week on the night before I get weighed too! Hopefully the rest of the week's decent eating will pay off though.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » May 26th, 2018, 7:06 am

Not eaten a lot over the last few days, because of breathing/chest went 24 hours without anything, then had most of a sparsely filled wrap and a stuffed mushroom for lunch and then supper was half of a Charlie Binghams meat balls and pasta and a shedload of drugs !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Catherine » May 26th, 2018, 8:59 pm

Zosherooney wrote:Not eaten a lot over the last few days, because of breathing/chest went 24 hours without anything,

Is it worth seeking medical attention? Breathing and chest pain should not be ignored :hug:
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 26th, 2018, 9:49 pm

From what I've read on CB (I think) Zosh is being taken care of medically. Hope your better health means your appetite picks up tomorrow Z! :hug:

Breakfast - juice. An apple.

Lunch - Sainsbury's jacket spud with baked beans and side salad. My customary Cortana.

Afternoon snack with nephew whilst building wardrobe - dark chocolate choc ice and an apple.

Dinner - two toasted slices of wholemeal seeded bread, one layered with sliced brie, the other hummus, on the side lots of cucumber, tomato and celery. I sneaked a small bottle of weak cider into my flat the other day to have whilst enjoying Noel Gallagher on the Big Weekend tonight after a hard day! I knew I'd deserve it, and he's still got it! :kneel: :luv:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop