What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby smitch » October 13th, 2017, 9:04 am

We really enjoyed the rice dish and it has based around stuff I already had in the fridge and cupboards. I like the flavours of Korean food, will definitely pay a visit to the cafe near my office when I'm back at work. It's been very bust since Jay Rayner reviewed it!

No idea what we'll have tonight. We've got plenty in, but I'm lacking inspiration. We do have pizzas in the fridge so maybe we'll have that with some salad, assuming the rocket is still edible :oops:
smitch
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 13th, 2017, 9:05 am

Ooo that looks good :drool: mind you I would lose the fried egg, I can't eat fried egg for some reson :sprout:

Breakfast: Toast and coffee
Lunch: Ham sandwich thin
Dinner: fish pie and steamed veg followed by a pannacotta (shop bought not homemade) :oops:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 13th, 2017, 12:33 pm

so far today:

kasekuchen for elevenses
flammenkuchen for lunch!
I am currently eating some grapefruit flavoured white Ritter chocolate with my coffee!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby MagicMarmite » October 13th, 2017, 4:43 pm

Last night we had pittas with garlic chicken skewers, olives, cherry toms, feta and tzatziki.
Today I've made keema and barbecue mince, but that's for tomorrow/Monday, we are having hotdogs and crinkle chips for dinner, with cheese for afters.
MagicMarmite
Registered

Postby Catherine » October 13th, 2017, 10:36 pm

smitch wrote:Kimchi fried rice, served with Korean bbq veggie 'chicken' pieces (had no tofu left) and topped with a fried egg. Was really tasty, would definitely make it again

IMG_0329.JPG

Wow Smitch that look utterly gorgeous
Catherine
Registered

Postby Rocky » October 14th, 2017, 4:09 am

Thanks all. I posted the other day but it disappeared. Have had such a lovely time with Mum. We had trout fillets twice, cod one evening and tuna last night. Have also had lots of lovely roasted interesting squash. Lunches have been lovely salads with more fish! Lovely to be looked after and although I didn't know I needed it, gave me the opportunity to have a bit of a wobble about everything. Now feel much stronger to deal with whatever comes - including this rather dull economics course next week! Meeting my dad tonight so will have to summon the energy to talk through it all again - but I appreciate that after all the worry he needs to hear it. We are going to Yautacha in London so very excited about that. It will be our Christmas present to each other. Thanks all for all the support.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 14th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Chicken and Chorizo again.... Mmmm we like the combination.... but this time with rice.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 14th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Sour dough toast with poached egg, bacon and avocado this morning. OH had chillies with his but it was too early for me.

Lunch was bubble and squeak using leftover mash and cavolo nero, with some blue cheese.

Lilia is staying with MIL and SIL as next door are having their annual party tonight. We dropped some wine off earlier and had a peek in the marquee. There's a shots bar/tent too which I'll be staying clear of and a disco bouncy castle which looks like an accident waiting to happen (I bet I go on it :D). They're keeping food simple with jackets potatoes, rice, chilli con carne, nachos and dips etc.

We've got an emergency pizza in the fridge in case we need late night stodge when we make it home!
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 14th, 2017, 8:50 pm

Great to hear from you Rocky, I'm not surprised you've had a wobble. I'd be feeling so very sorry for myself :rolleyes:

Emma, the party sounds ace! Enjoy!

I didn't have the bokkeumbap on Thursday in the end. OH took the evening off work and we just had quesadillas instead.

Friday, I had a hot roast beef and pepper sauce sandwich for lunch.
OH made toad in the hole for tea. You know you've married the right one when he makes toad in the hole but uses veggie sausage in my bit even when I'm not veggie. That lad knows! He scoffed his before dashing off to work and I made a quick onion gravy and had that andnsone peas with mine.

Today, I had a piece of toast for breakfast.
A mushroom and emmental toastie for lunch at m&s. I decided that Leo and I would have a cute little lunch together before swimming but we had more company than ever with random strangers coming over to speak to Leo... all the old dears are obsessed with his curls :lol: too cute.

Tea has (finally) been the kimchi fried rice. With salmon. And blummin lovely it was too.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby smitch » October 14th, 2017, 9:33 pm

Breakfast was leftover pizza :oops:

Dinner was crusty bread with some cheese. No tea, we went into town for a few drinks and thanks to our train being delays due to a fight and the police being called, we've only just got home :( I've also realised that although I feel better, I'm not totally healed as I'm in quite a bit of pain now :cry: On the bright side, I've had some lovely beer :lol:
smitch
Registered

Postby Catherine » October 14th, 2017, 9:50 pm

smitch wrote:Breakfast was leftover pizza :oops:

Dinner was crusty bread with some cheese. No tea, we went into town for a few drinks and thanks to our train being delays due to a fight and the police being called, we've only just got home :( I've also realised that although I feel better, I'm not totally healed as I'm in quite a bit of pain now :cry: On the bright side, I've had some lovely beer :lol:

I'd at least get something in you or your head will hurt tomorrow
Catherine
Registered

Postby smitch » October 15th, 2017, 7:29 am

I'm fine, only had a few half pints. Ate some chocolate digestives and went to bed :oops:

Weirdly, I've found since I had my gallbladder removed, I don't get as many hangovers as I used to!
smitch
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 15th, 2017, 9:29 am

After all the amazing food and wine we enjoyed earlier in the week we are eating simply this weekend.

Yesterday we had wild mushroom omelette and salad for lunch, followed by grapes.
For supper we had quenelles de brochet (from the butcher) followed by almond and plum crumble.

Today a trad Sunday lunch. Roast local pork with HM sage and onion stuffing, bab for dessert.y potatoes cooekd with the meat, braised endives and garlic green beans.
I have a beautiful mango which I am making into a chilli/mango hedgehog.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby MagicMarmite » October 15th, 2017, 2:58 pm

I made breakfast today at 2pm!
Square sausage, black pudding, smoked streaky bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and fried egg with toast.
I had beans too but served separately, beans must never touch egg.
pizza tomorrow after clearing out our spare room, aka the room of doom.
MagicMarmite
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 16th, 2017, 9:54 am

Breakfast: Bitesize shredded wheat and milk

Lunch: Coronation chicken sandwich thin and a small bag of crisps

Dinner: either cold chicken salad and new potatoes or chicken korma and rice followed by raspberries and strawberries with low fat creme fraiche
icelesley
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 16th, 2017, 10:32 am

Friday we went out for dinner and I had truffly stuffed pasta, followed by essentially fondant au chocolat, which was served with cream, chocolate ice cream, and various bits of fresh fruit. I think it was sitting on slice of lemon?!

Saturday lunch was a pay by weight vegetarian buffet affair. I'd had 'clafoutis' in the morning, which turned out to be a sort of blueberry tart?!
Dinner was pasta with mushrooms (mushroom season is made much of in Germany.) It was a bit so so and the waiter was quite rude! So we went elsewhere for afters. I ended up just having hot chocolate with whipped cream (served separately :).
Yesterday, I had a cherry breadish cakey thing in the zoo cafe :)
I had a very late lunch at about 3.30pm at the airport. Pizza, which was really very good (although a bit too much food.)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby MagicMarmite » October 17th, 2017, 1:41 pm

I had Gado Gado planned for this evening but crippling anxiety plus PMT means I feel awful so I've chucked some chcken thighs in the sc with a jar of korma sauce.
MagicMarmite
Registered

Postby Amber » October 17th, 2017, 8:40 pm

We had M&S mango and lemongrass chicken from their three meats for £10 deal. Last night we had the pork loins from the same range. Both were excellent value for money. Not often I say that about M&S!
Amber
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 18th, 2017, 8:52 am

On Monday we had lovely homemade beer batter fish and chips with homemade tartar sauce, lemon wedges and minted peas and leeks.

Last night we had a butterflied leg of lamb roasted with various root veg, red wine and herbs, plus rosemary roasted potatoes and a side of sauteed red onion and red cabbage.

Leftover lamb with a cous cous, tomato, rocket and feta salad for lunch today.

I really fancy pad thai for dinner tonight.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 18th, 2017, 11:34 am

Breakfast: bitesize shredded wheat and milk
Lunch: Turkey sandwich thin and a small bag of crisps
Dinner: All day breakfast (SW Recipe) followed by a fruit yoghurt
icelesley
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 18th, 2017, 8:08 pm

a banana
a spring onion and chilli frittata with bread and butter followed by apple sponge/cake with custard (eaten out)
a bowl of cheesy (comte and emmental), peppery, buttery, mashed potato
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 18th, 2017, 9:16 pm

Omlette and toast

cucumber and cheese and chomped crisps :oops: :oops:

Chorizo & chicken with german pasta...MMmmmm !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Catherine » October 18th, 2017, 9:51 pm

Zosherooney wrote:
Chorizo & chicken with german pasta...MMmmmm !

Do you mean Spaetzle
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 18th, 2017, 11:25 pm

Hope you're recovering well Smitch.

Sunday was... forgotten!
Evening meal was homemade sausage roll, bought chippy chips and beans. I absolutely love the combo of pastry and beans :oops:

Monday was jacket potato, cheese, beans and salad for lunch.
Tea was the aldi award winning pizza I read about in here somewhere... Italian ham, Portobello mushroom and mascarpone sourdough pizza. It was ok. With homemade oven chips and salad.

Tuesday, veg lasagne for lunch.
Tea was a one pan thing with onions, peppers, spices, tinned tomatoes, black eye beans, preserved lemon and cubed halloumi. With mixed grains.

Today, minimal amount of really nice carrot and coriander soup with granary bread in between meetings.
Tea was leftover last night's tea with a herby wrap.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 19th, 2017, 6:52 am

Breakfast: Left over bacon and beans on toast and I have a bacon toasty for mid morning. ;)
Lunch: ham sandwich thin
Dinner: Roast haddock, chips and peas followed by a fruit yoghurt
icelesley
Registered

Postby smitch » October 19th, 2017, 7:07 am

Dinner yesterday was crackers and cheese, shared with the rats :lol:

Tea was a smoky chickpea & tomato stew, with chopped spicy veggie sausages mixed in. Had cavolo nero on the side plus olive ciabatta to mop up the juices :chops: Plenty left too.

Not gonna bother with breakfast today, am not hungry. Dinner is leftovers from last night. Tea will be pie, mash and broccoli.
smitch
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 19th, 2017, 9:12 am

Lunch will be out and about in Manchester somewhere as I need to pop out anyway.

Dinner is going to be a chimichurri steak dish from a book called Posh Kebabs. It's served on a tomato and herb flatbread and we'll have some salad on the side.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 19th, 2017, 11:53 am

We had eggs Benedict for lunch yesterday. Haven't had it for ages.

Last night's supper was Lyonnaise chicken with beans and atrt au citron with a few raspberries afterwards.

Mr R had a left over muffin toasted and with honey for breakfast. Lunch was grilled beetroot and goat cheese salad followed by the first clemntine (from Corsica) of the year and some grapes - both lovely.

Supper is due to be a proper quiche lorraine, the pastry is resting right now, with spinach followed by apple compote with sultanas and Calvados.

I have just beeen listeneing to a report of something called cheese tea which is apparently due to be all the rage - I am feeling quite ill.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 19th, 2017, 12:23 pm

Rats, :sprout: Leave tea alone, it's fine as it is...

Lush lunch today, we have blitzed one corner of the garage and chucked almost empty tins of paint etc. that have gone hard so we are treating ourselves to tandoori soup (small) and a chilli, garlic and ginger prawn wrap with shredded veg. Bit posh for us for a home lunch but sometimes you just have to do it ! :chef:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 19th, 2017, 12:41 pm

Zosh there is absolutely no reason on earth why lunch at home shouldn't be "posh".
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Catherine » October 19th, 2017, 7:14 pm

Zosherooney wrote:Lush lunch today, we have blitzed one corner of the garage and chucked almost empty tins of paint etc. that have gone hard so we are treating ourselves to tandoori soup (small) and a chilli, garlic and ginger prawn wrap with shredded veg. Bit posh for us for a home lunch but sometimes you just have to do it !

Any why not. It is this kind of rare treat that keeps food exciting. Sit back and enjoy every bit of it. x
Catherine
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 20th, 2017, 7:37 am

We didn't have the roast haddock and chips last night. I fancied lamb. So we had lamb roasted on top of a tinned chopped tomatoes with herbs and garlic, when the lamb was ready I topped it with grated cheese and back in the oven to melt. served with mixed veg that needed using up and roast potatoes. it was :drool: :drool: :drool:
Today
Breakfast: Bitesize shredded wheat and milk
Lunch: ham sandwich thin
Dinner: Roast haddock and chips unless I change my mind again whilst Iam doing the weekly shop. ;)
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 20th, 2017, 8:34 am

We had yogurt and berries, well I had berries, for breakfast.

Lunch will be the rest of the quiche with some HM coleslaw anda beetroot salad

Supper is to be kedgeree, followed by crepes filled with apple compote.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 20th, 2017, 8:50 am

Breakfast was sautéed pancetta, red onion and mushrooms with eggs scrambled into the mixture, piled onto a wrap alongside sliced tomatoes, grated cheddar and parsley. With a dash of habanero chilli sauce added.

Lunch will be half a small portion of vegetable soup and half a Great North Pie Company cheese and onion pie.

We're making space in the freezer before a Donald Russell delivery arrives later. They have a fantastic deal at the moment and we've got 16 fillet steaks and 36 sausages for £38 with free delivery.

I'm not sure about dinner but it would be shame not to sample some of the order! We had steak last night so it'll be something with sausages tonight. Will have a think.

Have a great weekend all.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Amber » October 20th, 2017, 9:02 pm

I’m ‘home alone’ tonight, so had a beautiful lamb steak, with roasted tomatoes and mushrooms, stir-fried mange tout,......and a whole bag of butternut squash, sweet potato, and kohlrabi, chips from M&S. They were nice, but I don’t think I’d buy them ago, they shrank, and shrank, and shrank!
Amber
Registered

Postby Catherine » October 20th, 2017, 9:47 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote: so it'll be something with sausages tonight. Will have a think.

I'd do sausages with braised puy lentils, but I guess you've already dished up
Catherine
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 21st, 2017, 12:16 pm

We had toasted muffins and peanut butter after the market

Lunch was accras with a chili dip followed by a pear;

Supper is to be choucrute, first of the autumn with smoked pork strasberg sausages and a hot Ardennes sausage, cooked with the potatoes. Thin apricot tarts perhaps with creme fraiche are ready for afters.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » October 21st, 2017, 5:20 pm

Amber wrote:I’m ‘home alone’ tonight, so had a beautiful lamb steak, with roasted tomatoes and mushrooms, stir-fried mange tout,......and a whole bag of butternut squash, sweet potato, and kohlrabi, chips from M&S. They were nice, but I don’t think I’d buy them ago, they shrank, and shrank, and shrank!

Good to know , as I was eyeing those up in my local M&S, as they looked quirky and a different side. Had half of a Terry's chocolate orange shares with my mum mid morning. I've been living off a vat of spicy lentil soup this week, so that was lunch. Got my nails this afternoon and not long been back. I have a little joint of pork in the oven roasting on a bed of carrots, onions and garlic, which ill have with greens and sprouts
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 22nd, 2017, 1:34 pm

Just got back from a trulu delicious Sunday lunch at a favourite restaurant. Here's the menu:

Encornets poêlés en persillade, mousseline de maïs,(Pan-fried squid with paresley and garlic, sweet corn mousseline, roasted beetroot butter and cubes of same)
beurre de betterave rouge fumé et cubes noirs My choice
Ou
Emincé de langue de boeuf, cromesquis de tête de veau, Chopped ox tongue with veal brawn fritters. sweet an sour sauce and roquette salad - mr R
sauce aigre douce et roquette
°O°
Filet de maigre sur une fricassée de choux frisé et crumble
de parmesan, beurre ail-anchois
Ou
Côte de cochon fermier IGP Bourbonnais rôtie au foin, Rare breed pork chop roasted on hay , rosti style potato and sun-dried tomato with pan juices
crique de pommes de terre à la tomate séchée,
jus de cuisson
°O°
Mousse fromage blanc au miel et biscuit crumble, Fromage blanc mousse with a chestnut honey crumble base,pear sorbet and (warm) caramelised pears - :drool: :dro
sorbet poire et poires caramélisées
Ou
L’Assortiment des sorbets maison
et tuile croustillante aux amandes
Ou
Les fromages de chèvre de Provence affinés par Josiane Déal
et confiture de figues noires
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 22nd, 2017, 10:57 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:They have a fantastic deal at the moment and we've got 16 fillet steaks and 36 sausages for £38 with free delivery.

I had a look on the website for this but no luck... is it just for subscribers, Emma?

Thursday... jacket spud again (I've found a decent place in Blackburn... a rarity!)
Tea was ham, mushroom and spinach omelette and a piece of toast.

Friday morning I had a bacon and mushroom toastie.
At lunch, I shared a bit of a picnicky lunch with some colleagues... pasta, a few chips, olives, crisps, nuts, grapes... and a chocolate crispy cake!
Tea was a very disappointing takeaway of grilled chicken with Jamaican rice and salad.

Yesterday, porridge for breakfast.
No lunch but I did have another crispy cake and some crisps after swimming.
Tea was veggie sausage, jacket potato and beans.

I did a car boot with my friend today. She's moving and I wanted to clear some of Leo's old stuff. I was up at 5am in storm Brian and I was not impressed!
We had bacon butties as soon as we'd made our pitch fee back!
My sister brought me a warm pain au choc and a fruit salad around lunch time when we finished.
And my ma bought pizza and pasta for takeaway tea tonight. I only nipped round to collect Leo at 3pm and was so shattered that I ended up camping there til 6:30 so I think they felt sorry for me and fed me :lol:

Why I'm still awake at this time is a mystery!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » October 23rd, 2017, 3:34 am

EmWilk wrote:Thursday... jacket spud again (I've found a decent place in Blackburn... a rarity!)

My sister had a jacket potato with cheese and beans every single day for lunch when she was at secondary school, so I would worry.
Catherine
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 23rd, 2017, 9:19 am

Friday lucnh was a small Albion mixed salad which involved celeriac remoulade, and then later a rather large piece of lemon drizzle.

night was a slightly bizzarre for me dinner of (Quorn) 'chipolata' sausages with a left over mash potato cake with various cheeses in it. I also had 4 little Picard cheesey gougères.

Saturday, we went out for lunch, and I had roast butternut squash with (supposedly) Monte Enebro goats cheese arancini, spiced pumpkin puree and sage, followed by treacle and walnut tart with clotted cream
I am afraid I didn't like the arancini - or to be more precise, the cheese. It was a glossy, sticky, camemberty blue cheese. Yuk! (When cooked/heated - imo of course.) Looked up Monte Enebro and I think they subbed something. Possibly Mrs Bell’s blue cheese, which was in one of the starters, although the description of this is roquefort-like, rather than camemberesque, so I don't know.
The treacle tart was not treacle tart as I know it. Thick and soft - no danger of it scooting off to the other side of the room when I tried to break into it. Nice though.

dinner was just bread and butter and a few slithers of comté. I had eaten a bar of 'caramel mousse' Ritter mid-afternoon :oops:

Yesterday in town I had a caponata pizza from PIzza Express on the King's Road. (Hard to imagine anything as interesting as punk starting here, these days...) OH wanted to eat here mainly to see the inside of the building, as it's rather splendid from the front. It was a very nice caponata pizza too. I was very hungry. I'd been on a tour of 55 Broadway without having eaten anything all morning.

Later on we shared a 'posh' (aka over priced, in this instance) raspberry and white chocolate éclair in the top floor cafe of Peter Jones (great views) over a post-prandial and for him a pre-departure for Germany coffee.

Dinner was a bowl of bran flakes.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 23rd, 2017, 10:24 am

Lunch: Turkey sandwich thin

Dinner: Chicken korma and rice followed by raspberries strawberries and creme fraich
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 23rd, 2017, 12:02 pm

Yogurt and berries, or just berries for breakfast.

HM celery soup with toasted cheese crutons then grapes for lunch followed by pears in red wine for supper

Casseroled neck of lamb with haricot beans and carrots therein with a jacket potato
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 23rd, 2017, 1:23 pm

I might change my mind and do Kavey's chicken pasta and tarragon bake :drool: :drool: :drool: :hungry:
icelesley
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 24th, 2017, 10:47 am

Lunch: chicken mayo salad sandwich thin

Dinner: Spag bol and garlic bread followed by a yoghurt
icelesley
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 24th, 2017, 12:54 pm

last night I had retro (Quorn) mince and onions in a gravyish sauce with fresh herbs from the garden and lots of black pepper and peas and sweetcorn...

lunch today was a lentil and sweet potato soup from Eat, er souped up with smokey hickory spicy sauce
some ginger cake left over from a birthday yesterday
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 25th, 2017, 9:34 am

Breakfast: Bite size shredded wheat an milk

Lunch: Turkey salad sandwich thin

Dinner: mixed grill followed by a yoghurt
icelesley
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 25th, 2017, 10:16 am

Emma, the Donald Russell offer came via email a couple of weeks ago, I'm not sure how long it was valid for but it's worth signing up to their emails for future offers. Their prices are usually pretty steep but every now and then they do brilliant deals!

Last night we had garlic flat bread with griddled aubergine, courgette and halloumi, with rocket, Parma ham and a drizzle of pesto.

I'm on holiday this week but have still sent Lilia to nursery today. This morning I enjoyed a lovely coffee and pastry out and about and now I'm wondering what to do with my free time!! It's a nice feeling :D

Later I'm making a lamb hot pot for dinner and will cook some greens to go with it.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 25th, 2017, 12:13 pm

We had a lamb casseroe on Monday OMCO,

Yesterday lunch was endive and ham gratin and supper was cep risotto followed by a faiselle(fromage blanc) with a pear in red wine.

Lunch today was ham, cheese and tomato toastie with grapes afterwards.

I have a farm chicken to cook tonight and I am going to stuff it before roasting and serve it with , butternut squash, beetroot and baby spuds. I've got banana, rum custards ready to put in the oven. they take 5 egg yolks so I'll have plenty of whites to make meringue ghosts for the village spooks next week.
Ratatouille
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop