What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Zosherooney » April 17th, 2017, 9:04 am

Well it's Avgolemono soup for lunch but with orzo not rice, as we had rice last night.

Brekkie might be toast and jam

Supper will be Jubilee/coronation Ckx. tatos and salad.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Seatallan » April 17th, 2017, 9:37 am

Oh lordy.... :rolleyes: Must be hard to bite your tongue sometimes Patsy...

We're on cold lamb with baked spuds, home made chutney and a big salad.
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 17th, 2017, 9:42 am

So Patsy, did your daughter make it over to you ???
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » April 17th, 2017, 10:44 am

Zosherooney wrote:So Patsy, did your daughter make it over to you ???

Er... no ! :( I invited her, but she just said she wouldn't be coming - no explanation, so I haven't asked. Not at all surprised .. she is like an open book sometimes :rolleyes: I last saw her on Mother's day and I thought then that I probably wouldn't see her again until her birthday in the middle of July !

Meant to add that she turned down the invite to my sister's for Christmas before last - saying she 'doesn't do families', but that seems to include her own mother too :( :cry:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 17th, 2017, 12:17 pm

Hmmm ! Not very good, is it? Can I ask you to be my surrogate Mum? I miss mine soooo much still after nearly 40 years..... I still feel robbed. :cry: If it were me I would be 'unavailable' for her Birthday........ ! I know two wrongs and all that.... but.... :| :|
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby liketocook » April 17th, 2017, 5:59 pm

Food has been plentiful and varied over the weekend, lamb mince and aubergine curry on Friday, pork chop with flat mushrooms and baked spud on Saturday and a lovely buffet yesterday. Today has been munching on leftovers and tonight I'm having a gammon steak with flat mushroom and leftover spicy cous cous.
liketocook
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 17th, 2017, 6:24 pm

Breakfast was a pepito - brioche thing with chocolate chips and creme patissiere in it - while wandering around a vide grenier (car boot sale)
lunch was essentially cheese on toast. Comte and cantal melted in the oven with herbs de Provence then spooned onto toast, followed by mousse au chocolat (bought) and cream.
dinner was roast tomato risotto (Hugh F-W) with mozzarella
If I have dessert it will be mini cream etc cakes/tarts, but I have eaten a lot today.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 17th, 2017, 10:34 pm

Herb, after what you have gone through, you deserve a little 'me food' time, enjoy !!!! :luv:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 18th, 2017, 7:31 am

All sounds good LTC
I got up late and had a bowl of granola with yogurt and rhubarb compote. Dinner was leftovers from Sunday, cauliflower and broccoli in cheese sauce, a little mashed swede and some cold lamb with chutney late afternoon. Had a little snack of a piece of cheddar and some grapes when I came in from backgammon.
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 18th, 2017, 11:08 am

Thank you Zosh. But really the diet does start when I am back and over my cold! Half a stone, I reckon, needs to be shed(ded?!)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 18th, 2017, 12:10 pm

French onion soup for lunch followed by a coffee and a square of chilli chocolate.

Tonight Mr Rats has asked for posh mac n' cheese - one of his favourite things in the world and then baked apple, stuffed with dried apricots and almonds. Need to go shopping tomorrow.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 18th, 2017, 1:39 pm

half a mug of cereal with whole organic milk - lush for me ! Toast and bramble jelly for Mr Z.

Brie toast for me and a jubilee ckx. sarnie for Mr Z.

Stuffed cabbage rolls for supper (greek/polish style) !!!!!!
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 18th, 2017, 2:50 pm

Breakfast was yogurt, rhubarb, and granola again
Lunch a big Greek salad, might have some fruit too
Dinner will be the last of the cauliflower and broccoli cheese, smoked haddock, jersey royals and probably some green beans or peas
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby andipandi » April 18th, 2017, 3:17 pm

I love Greek salad and really fancy it now.

I had toast and marmalade for breakfast. Marmite rice cakes with cream cheese and topped with slices of tomato and onion for lunch. Chocolate fingers and a cuppa mid afternoon.

Tonight we are having macaroni, cauliflower cheese bake with garlic rolls - and leaves on the side.
andipandi
Registered

Postby liketocook » April 18th, 2017, 6:24 pm

It's been a a right left over use up day today!
Breakfast was the last slice of HM bread with a spoonful of beans left over from Sunday's fry up, lunch leftover brisket and salads from Sunday, snack crackers and the last of the tzatziki and dinner is roast chicken thighs with the last flat mushroom, a baked spud and leftover coleslaw.
liketocook
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 18th, 2017, 10:54 pm

Could've sworn I posted yesterday... going mad!
Yesterday I woke up (after many wakings in the night - Leo not sleeping well at all) with the start of a migraine. Took one if the new tablets and had another hour which helped slightly but still wasn't upto any breakfast.
Met a friend for lunch at a hospice café. I had homemade cajun chicken breast burger and cajun wedges and a strawberry tart.
Bit of easter egg in the afternoon.
The various painkillers could only do so much though and then I also had an awful fever and was shaking like mad so I took some paracetamol, sat in the cold (awful) to bring temp down then got some toast and went to bed.
Not completely better today but upto a bit of food at least... brunch bar this morning.
Falafel and hummus wrap for lunch and some snacks throughout the day.
Pizza for tea at OH's request as he's feeling sorry for himself too.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 20th, 2017, 8:35 am

We had what we call Southern dogs for lunch yesterday - ie a grilled merguez sausage or two in a fresh baguette.

last night I made Lyonnaise chicken which is a parcel cooked in the oven (or the BBQ) layers of sliced potatoes and onions with a chicken breast sprinkled with fresh herbs on top. Really easy and great for minimum washing up. I tried adding fresh spinach between the layers this time and thought it worked well.

Today we have acras, salt cod fritters, with a spicy Caribbean style dip

Tonight there's a chilli with tortilla wraps and an avocado, tomato and coriander salsa. I've got a pinapple usd cake in the oven.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby andipandi » April 20th, 2017, 9:50 am

toast - and didn't realise until I had eaten one slice that it was blue and furry. Yuck.

Lunch is a pasta thing in a pot from Sainsburgers.

Dinner will be steak with roquefort sauce, garlicky green beans and french fries.
andipandi
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 20th, 2017, 10:10 am

Morning all. After a lovely weekend eating, things have been rather less exciting this week as OH and I have my scary race on Saturday (34 hilly miles - am beyond terrified :shock: )

On Monday night I had swordfish with a sort of ratatouille. Tuesday was the garden veggie pie I like which was a mistake as the dairy in it gave me really bad stomach ache. Was meant to have the second half of that last night but couldn't risk it so close to the race so had a couple of sausages with some roasted veggies. Tonight I think I will have chicken and asparagus and sugar snaps in a lemony sauce with some sweet spuds.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Seatallan » April 20th, 2017, 10:25 am

Flipping Heck Rocky- that's some run!! :shock: I've managed a few 20+ mile hill walks but I'd be confounded by a 34 miler and there's no way I could run that far. You ARE brave.... :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: Do let us know how it goes won't you? I shall be remotely cheering you on like anything.
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 20th, 2017, 10:56 am

Thanks Sea

I am doing the first half as the first leg of a team and then carrying on to do it solo as well. So I will 'race' the first 18 miles to do my team mate justice and then maybe crawl the rest :lol:

In case of interest it is www.tortolatorture.com

Thanks for the mental cheering - I will need it!
Rocky
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 20th, 2017, 11:53 am

Good Luck Rocks :tu: :tu: Just the thought of it makes my legs hurt...

Poached egg on toast, some left over spicy sauce with some ckx. stock to make a mug of soup for lunch and tonights supper will be yellow croaker (fish) from Wing Yip with some sort of accompaniments ? Not sure what tho'.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 20th, 2017, 12:14 pm

Good grief Rocky. I had to lie down just thinking about it. Cheers from afar from me too.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby PurpleLuv » April 20th, 2017, 2:24 pm

Good luck Rocky, I chased a dog across a field last night if that counts as my equivalent input :lol:

Lazy tonight, I fancy M&S chunky fish finger butties, garden peas & a diced few spuds in chilli & paprika.
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby Zosherooney » April 20th, 2017, 2:53 pm

Wot, chips and bread Purps ???!!!! ;) ;) :lol:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 20th, 2017, 7:16 pm

Not posted for ages!

Last night we had a roast chicken with cajun spices, a few different salads and a parsley, feta and tomato pilaf.

Tonight was rainbow trout stuffed with wild garlic from the garden, buttery new potatoes, asparagus and horseradish creme fraiche. A perfect combination :chops:
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Catherine » April 20th, 2017, 7:36 pm

Rocky wrote:Thanks Sea

I am doing the first half as the first leg of a team and then carrying on to do it solo as well. So I will 'race' the first 18 miles to do my team mate justice and then maybe crawl the rest :lol:

In case of interest it is http://www.tortolatorture.com

Thanks for the mental cheering - I will need it!

Wow that is my dream to do something like that. Good luck
Catherine
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 21st, 2017, 12:27 pm

We had lunch in the veranda.......... with the heater on :rolleyes: It was a salad bowl with crisp lettuce, multicoloured cherry tomatoes, spring onions and diced cucumber with prawns and a gorgeous avocado. Slice of fruit cake afterwards.

Tonight, as it is Friday moules frties for supper and the rest of the pineapple usd cake for pud
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 21st, 2017, 10:07 pm

Wednesday, I had a ham salad sandwich and minestrone soup from a lovely little bakery for lunch.
Tea was a pasta dish with pork fillet, mushrooms, tomato and cream cheese based sauce, bit of chilli and some rocket stirred through.

Thursday, toast for breakfast whilst working from home.
Leftover pasta for lunch.
Friend came for tea and I made a chorizo paella with chunks of cod put on top and steamed at the end.

Today, leftover paella for lunch.
Tea has been lovely... homemade salmon fish finger butties with a dollop of minty, cream cheesy pea puree, wedges, and salad.

Went for a health assessment arranged by work today... :terrified: seems I am 2 stone above the "ideal" weight. 8 months after having the baby, that excuse us fast losing it's stick :lol:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 22nd, 2017, 6:40 am

Emmmm ! :lol: :lol:

Bread for brekkie as Mr. Z was donated a huge pile from W'rose, really nice good tasty stuff. He has taken a portion of seedy baguette with herring in cream for his lunch. Lunch for me will probably be bread and cheese.

Supper will be pork and prunes with some braised shallots and maybe either pasta or polenta or maybe even bulgar cracked wheat. I have some good ckx. stock so will cook it in that. :chops:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 22nd, 2017, 9:28 pm

Very late breakfast of tomato, mozzarella and basil panini.
Very late lunch of cheese and tomato butty.
Equally late tea of Thai red curry (from mae ploy paste) with chicken breast, courgette, green beans, red onion and red chilli.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 23rd, 2017, 6:37 am

Today will be more bread because there is a lot ! But that's fine Mr. Z. loves toast.
Lunch will be eggplant shoes, spinach fritters - hope they work :? there was no real recipe.
Supper will probably be the chips at the pub quiz tonight...
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Luca » April 23rd, 2017, 7:48 am

Breakfast will be another cup of coffee and perhaps some fruit or a boiled egg. Lunch.... not sure.

For supper however I have best friend coming over to wish youngest son well (She's also his godmother) on his travels....... gulp. The boys will have eaten a huge braai at lunch so I'm thinking of doing a selection of salads and finger foods. Duck breast, Chinese noodle, spring onion, radish and hoisin lettuce wraps, ginger, garlic and soy salmon wrapped in griddled slices of courgette, asparagus wrapped in parma ham with some parmesan.... still thinking about what else. We shall then have mango and lemon sorbet and cheese for those who'd like it. A mixture of some of his favourites.
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby StokeySue » April 23rd, 2017, 9:47 am

Seemed to have missed a few days
Thursday I had chicken balti in the pub, surprisingly good, came with garlic naan, really good crisp poppadums and a pile of rice which I ignored
Friday roast chicken, trimmings and fruit salad at a friend's
Yesterday brunch of bacon, egg, fried leftover Jerseys and tomato
Dinner was cod in sweet chilli crumb (bought to try as half price, pretty good) with a few oven chips, some peas and a huge salad, followed by a bit of cheese
Haven't got to today yet
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 23rd, 2017, 9:50 am

Out for lunch with friends, but I've some of our butcher's lovely Duck liver mousse for supper and some strawberries oif there is room.

Yesterday we had Florentine baked eggs and some strawberries for lunch.

Mussel chowder and fresh crusty bread for supper and pineapple and banana fritters afterwards.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 23rd, 2017, 12:06 pm

I had this in Maastricht on Thursday. Vegetarian 'tapas'. The cheese coated pineapple slices were interesting... actually I was very grateful after a week in deepest (or should that be lowest - geographically speaking) Basse Normandie to be able to eat out and having something other than an omelette, pizza or galette.
IMG_1803 (1).JPG

And it was followed by this. Again a strange combo but nice. The icecream was cinnamon flavoured. Very Dutch...
IMG_1804.JPG

I really liked Maastricht. It had two massive cook shops :)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 23rd, 2017, 12:49 pm

Some gorgeous sounding food and love the photos of the veggie tapas.

On Friday I made a big portion of veggie noodles as carbo loading. Yesterday morning was toast, honey and banana. Admittedly as pre race, the the change was nice nonetheless - I don't usually eat much bread. A delightful morning eating synthetic products :shock: the electrolyte jelly beans were just about ok. The low point was the chocolate 'goo'. Utterly revolting but a nice pick me up! Afterwards a few :cocktail: and lots of nuts. By the time I got home I wasn't sure what I wanted so cooked a steak and made a bacon and mushroom risotto - my mouth thought it was delicious but my stomach didn't fancy it :( So had a banana and a very early night.

Getting down the stairs for breakfast this morning was a challenge! Had a little bit of leftover risotto for brekkie and need to have something pretty major soon as really haven't eaten enough. Normally I would be delighted at the temporary lack of appetite (I am always hungry) but today probably isn't a great idea. Perhaps sausages for lunch!
We are meant to be meeting a client of OH's for dinner. I have looked at the specials and fancy either Bison burger or pork stuffed with Italian sausage :hungry:

Happy Sunday.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 23rd, 2017, 12:52 pm

How did it go, Rocky? A friend of mine is running the London Marathon today. Hoping she will be ok as she is prone to fainting from low blood sugar.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby liketocook » April 23rd, 2017, 3:41 pm

As always some lovely sounding food on the go :D .
I seemed to have missed a few days:-
Friday I had an egg & tomato baguette with salad cream for lunch and Hm venison burger topped with brie in a brioche bun, salad and wedges.
Yesterday my sister made a lovely lunch of wild mushroom soup with beetroot, goats cheese and rocket sandwiches it was really lovely. Dinner plans went a bit awry and I ended up with a steak bake, mini corn cob and flat mushroom.
Today I had a slice of toast and bacon for breakfast, a crab salad baguette for lunch and tonight I'm having a mustardy pork chop, with buttered cabbage and steamed charlotte potatoes.
liketocook
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 23rd, 2017, 11:20 pm

Mini bready pastries for breakfast.
A brunch bar.
A falafel & quinoa salad and crisps for lunch with iced coffee.
Spiced roast chicken, turmeric and black mustard seed roasted spuds, roast onions/peppers/courgettes stirred into a lovely spicy gravy/curry made with passata, coconut milk; fresh coriander and the chicken cooking juices which included all the spices/spice paste used to marinate the chicken.
Lovely tea and plenty of leftovers.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 24th, 2017, 9:19 am

We had a lovely lunch at our friends' yesterday. A fresh beetroot and fromage frais starter though,try as we might we couldn't manage the danish word for beetroot

Main was a baked chicken dish which included vegetables, asparagus, baby turnips, carrots and new potatoes.

Lots of really nice cheeses and then a strawberry and ice cream dessert.

Today it was poached egg on marmite toast and for lunch sardines on toasted baguette.

Supper is due to be a pot roast veal in white wine with asparagus and morilles and parslied new potatoes and a strawberry and rhubarb crumble afterwards.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 24th, 2017, 12:51 pm

I'm seriously impressed Rocky! I hope the aches ease off soon.

On Friday we had prawn laksa. On Saturday we ended up having a Chinese take away after a long wait in out of hours with Lilia.

Last night we had a sort of mezze in the garden... basil oil tomatoes, olives, humous, falafel, crudités, rainbow chard sautéed with pancetta and garlic, pitta bread.

Dinner tonight will be pappardelle with mixed mushrooms, wild garlic, a few shallots, parmesan, evoo and black pepper.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby andipandi » April 24th, 2017, 1:40 pm

I've had a cold since Thursday so been eating soup and bread. Maybe have mac cheese later.
andipandi
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 24th, 2017, 2:59 pm

Lunch was a mixed salad . I really very much enjoyed it having not had anything like this in a while. There was roasted sweet potato with sweetcorn and watercress, new potatoes in a yoghurty dressing with chilli flakes, a mixed bean and chickpea salad, a hard boiled egg, tomato salad, various leaves, something else? I forewent dressing. I then had a piece of lemon drizzle.
Not sure about dinner. Possibly galettes (ready-made brought back from Normandy). Maybe a vegetarian 'complète'.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 24th, 2017, 5:47 pm

How did your friend get on Herbi?

And OMCO - is Lilia ok?

I picked OH up from the airport mid morning yesterday and by the time we were home, my appetite had returned with a vengeance. Had a hearty salad with six :oops: sausages!

In the evening I ended up having bacon wrapped scallops. It was a starter portion but my appetite had disappeared again. Nothing to do with the sausage overdose of course.....

I am having a jerk chicken salad for lunch and dinner is the burnt aubergine chili. Having been away for ten days OH fancies something veggie and I am more than happy with that. Have the necessary to make guacamole and salsa and other bits with it.
Last edited by Rocky on April 24th, 2017, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Seatallan » April 24th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Yum! Love the burnt aubergine chilli. Must make it again soon. :chops: :chops:

Glad your appetite has returned Rocky :D

We have a tomato/onion/miscellaneous-veg-that-needed-using-up stew cooking gently on the hob (a bit like a ratatouille) to which I will add some haddock fillets to steam shortly before we eat. There's some spuds baking in the oven to go with it.
Seatallan
Registered

Postby liketocook » April 24th, 2017, 7:28 pm

Today's eating has been far too much :oops:

Breakfast was a piece of quiche I made last night purely for quality control purposes........
Lunch - cheeses, pate, salad, quiche, lots of crusty bread and olives and for pudding hot fudge cake with strawberries, cream and ice cream!
Dinner - small bowl of soup with some baguette and pate.
liketocook
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 24th, 2017, 8:18 pm

Hope Lilia is ok, Emma. And hope the cold is getting better andipandi.

Today, I had bready/pastry things again for breakfast.
Bit of leftover chicken, curry sauce and roasties in an omelette for lunch.
On my own for tea so just had mushrooms and beans on toast :tu:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 24th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Brekkie was an over ripe banana and brown bread

Lunch was the juice from the Pickled (creamy) herrings and some stock as a soup. It was nice on my throat, a few pieces of bread and some very runny brie.

Supper was Polish smoked ham, sautéed tatos and a veg medley of carrots and peas (his request).
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 25th, 2017, 12:14 pm

Yeah, she's fine thanks. A dehydration episode as a result of a bad infection from chicken pox of all things! A few hours of observation and she was playing hide and seek on the ward making us feel like idiots for taking her in :oops:

Noodles with veg, chilli, peanut butter and sesame oil for lunch.

Dinner is going to be a chicken, leek and tarragon pie with puff pastry top. With carrots, peas, a small amount of mashed potato and a white wine gravy.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop