What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Herbidacious » January 1st, 2018, 8:14 pm

My diet starts next Monday..>! (Too horrible going back to work on Wednesday to contemplate it this week, plus things to eat up!)

so...Saturday
lunch: three grain butternut squash risotto in a quite nice pub just outside Sevenoaks
dinner: home delivery from local Nepalese: paneer methi malai (I still smell of methi :? ) and onion bhajias
NYE Lunch: very lack lustre vegetarian 'croque monsieur' followed by a cafe gourmande in Cafe Rouge
dinner: fondue! Then later on trifle... :o
today OH fancied pizza so went out. I had melanzane parmigiana
Not sure what we are having for dinner
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 2nd, 2018, 12:19 pm

Breakfast was apple and blueberry instant porridge with a diced pear, Lady Grey. I will be adding pear to cereal in future. It was delicious!

Lunch will be the rest of my curried parsnip soup with a slice of crusty bread for dipping.

I am defrosting my last portion of chick pea and cauliflower Korma for dinner with my remaining yummy Polish beer.

The only thing missing from today is something green. To fix that I'll float some steamed sprouts in the parsnip soup.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 2nd, 2018, 12:58 pm

I roasted some pumpkin and added the puree to the rest of the carrot soup and we had that with garlic bread, Afterwards a clementine and a beautiful pear.
Lamb casserole for supper with the rest of the braised cabbage and a jacket ptoato. We just happen to have a little Christmas pud left over which, of course has to be used up!
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Rocky » January 2nd, 2018, 4:25 pm

NYE's meal was lovely. I had beef wellington followed by orange sorbet floating in prosecco :chops:

We had the morning at the beach yesterday and took a little picnic of smoked salmon and bits and bloody Marys. Dinner was the Sicilian sausage stew with shredded sprouts and broccoli.

Lunch today is jerk chicken salad and dinner is going to be a chick pea and veg curry
Rocky
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 2nd, 2018, 5:03 pm

Rocky - your meals sound delightful! I love the idea of the sorbet served in Prosecco. I've never tried it and wouldn't even dream of doing so in this weather, but on a hot day........mmm, one for the warmer months definitely.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 3rd, 2018, 9:58 am

Happy new year everyone!

Back to normality for us today...we've had 3 fab weeks off with loads of fun which I'm sad has ended but part of me is craving some structure! I'm getting that post Christmas/new year feeling too where I want to blitz the house thoroughly and have a very early spring clean, getting rid of any unnecessary clutter. There's one bedroom which I can't even bring myself to go in because it has just become a dumping ground over the last month :oops: :x

Anyway, food. Over recent days we've had marmalade ham with greens and wholegrain mustard mash. Ham with bubble and squeak and poached eggs. Leftover ragu mixed with savoury rice and the last bits of cheese and packed into roasted pepper shells. Cumberland pie with peas, carrots and leeks. Chicken yakitori with sesame chilli matchstick veg.

Not sure about tonight, I've defrosted a large lamb leg steak. Lilia will have eaten at nursery so it just needs to feed 2 of us. Any suggestions of how we should use it please?
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 3rd, 2018, 1:20 pm

We are having a mixed few days of using up stuff in the fridge.

Brekkie was egg dipped ham sarnies, dipped in a beaten egg and fried. (sarnies left over from yesterday) :lol:

Lunch will be cheese and ham :lol: :lol: Toasted sarnies (left over from yesterday)

Supper will be the very end of the Crimbo day Ckx in a satay sauce with rice. (No, not roast ham sarnies.... :lol: :lol: )
I have to save some for tomorrow !!!! ;) Sorry won't chuck them, that's waste.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 3rd, 2018, 2:03 pm

Right. The festivities have been switched off. back to normal (fairly) sensible eating as from today.

Breakfast porridge for him orange juice for me
Lunch was HM falafels follwoed by a pear.
Supper is to be poule au pot. I got a boiling fowl this morning in the peasant market
Winter fruit salad to follow with poached dried fruit and fresh orange segments.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 3rd, 2018, 10:53 pm

a banana
some mixed nuts

a very nice selection of salads from Albion including beetroot and potato, edamame, green bean and something else, olives, red onion and tomato, giant couscous, chickpeas and a curry flavour, some fresh ginger was in one of them, turmeric roast cauliflower and something else, and a couple of others. Not sure if it was all vegan. I think there may have been some mayo in the potato and beetroot.

Dinner... er Amy's Kitchen vegetarian chilli with added herbs and spices and liquid smoke, topped with cheese. No sundries/rice etc. though.

I was really craving sugar today. Nothing in my desk as I wasn't eating any before Christmas. Oh how quickly one gets into the habit again.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 4th, 2018, 12:00 am

Oooh what nice food everyone's having!

I didn't have spicy noodles for breakfast yesterday, I had an alpen light bar and fruit.
Lunch was tomato and lentil soup and a ham salad sandwich.
Tea was chicken in black bean sauce using my trusted recipe from EGOR but tweaked for SW. Packed it out with loads of veg and served with rice.

TeresaFoodie wrote:I will be adding pear to cereal in future. It was delicious!

You inspired me tezza, I had porridge and pear this morning and it was lovely.
Lunch was leftover black bean and the leftover spicy noodles.
Tea has been roasted squash, potatoes, red onion, parsnip and garlic with veggie sausages and a tomatoey sauce made with passata, garlic, rosemary and a bit of quark.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 4th, 2018, 12:02 am

Leftovers rule
Pain au raisin
Huge salad, half slice bread, some cheese
Apple
Leftover scrap of fegato alla veneziana upcycled into liver and bacon with some polenta and broccoli

Which would have been pretty good without some mini stollen and a cider in the pub where I was playing backgammon, losing £s not lbs
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Rocky » January 4th, 2018, 10:33 am

What did you do with your lamb steak OMCO? We can't really get lamb here so I didn't have any useful ideas....

Lunch yesterday was smoked salmon and avocado salad. Nice but I was hungry afterwards :oops:

Dinner was leftover veggie curry and I made the leftover rice into fried rice to have a bit of a change. There is a 'fried rice seasoning mix' that I get here that is made in Guyana and a sprinkle of that makes fried rice amazing. I have consciously decided not to look at what's in it :lol:

Lunch will be another salad. Without a fridge for salad bits I am slightly at the mercy of the supermarket who at least have freshly made salads every day). Haven't thought about dinner. Maybe noodles of some sort with a piece of fish.
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 4th, 2018, 11:18 am

Rocky wrote:What did you do with your lamb steak OMCO? We can't really get lamb here so I didn't have any useful ideas....

I made a biryani in the end which also used up a load of veg too - was delicious!

I bet your rice seasoning mix is good! :D

Lunch today will be a sandwich using the last of the marmalade ham, thinly sliced cheddar, lettuce, pickles and a dollop of chutney. I think it's crying out for a few crisps too.

Dinner will be spaghetti with spinach, pecorino, mushrooms, pine nuts, fresh herbs and a touch of cream.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 4th, 2018, 2:13 pm

Oooh biryani, that was a good shout OMCO. OH used up the last of our ham yesterday, thank god!

I've had a veggie sausage sandwich for breakfast.
Jacket spud with beans and salad for lunch.
Tea is planned to be lasagne with salad and wedges. I made the ragu in the slow cooker overnight with braising steak so I hope it's decent!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » January 4th, 2018, 8:26 pm

Breakfast was apple pear and sultana porridge , very nice too . Lunch was a pouch of mixed rice and quinoa with added tomato, horseradish beetroot , cucumber and a finely diced leftover sausage , along with a fruit salad pot and Greek yoghurt . Full days training today, so the food to munch on came in handy . I had dinner cooked for me at work , which was homemade chicken and mushroom pie with mixed veg . Succumbed to a few chocolate biscuits though this evening
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 5th, 2018, 9:38 am

The last couple of days have been a bit of a mish mash, not really worth commenting on apart from an unexpected freshly baked baguette and roast chicken sprung on me by neighbour who doesn't have to pay for his electricity. So good of him! I enhanced mine with a mix of Patak's aubergine pickle and mayonnaise.

I need to get back onto an eating schedule now. So breakfast has been cornflakes with a chopped banana. Lunch is egg mayonnaise and tomato on wholemeal bread. I will be out and about after that so haven't really planned dinner yet but it could be a small chicken and mushroom pie with veg and baked beans. Not very inspiring.

Glad the pear in porridge went down well Em. :tu: It must be the quality of the pears this time of year because I am not normally a pear buyer/eater but the one's my mum got me have been unbelievably flavourful and juicy.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 5th, 2018, 10:17 pm

Ham sarnies now all gone !

Brekkie was fried egg on toast, Lunch was soup and a ham sandwich !!!! Still have some ham left and it is a good ham.

Supper was our 25p for two sea bream, roast tatos and green beans. Very meaty fish and very tasty too.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 6th, 2018, 7:53 am

Dinner last night was macaroni cheese and roasted cauliflower and a hot cross bun, just plain.

Breakfast will use up my penultimate very ripe pear in porridge.

I will go for a walk at some point and take a few mixed nuts and liquorice twists with me to nibble as I go. If I can find dried oregano on the way, dinner will involve a thick tomato sauce spread inside a home baked baguette topped with mushrooms and cheese and anything else interesting that I can find and grilled. I love Saturday night pizzas, especially homemade.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 6th, 2018, 10:23 am

Missed a couple of days, during which I finished up the holiday leftovers
Breakfast both days was berries, yogurt and granola.
Lunch on Thursday was salad and some bread and cheese
Dinner was cold lamb with veg
Friday lunch was "green soup" which includes spinach, courgette and leek, a bit of toast and cheese
Dinner was a frittata that finished the saffron potatoes, with salad
Somewhere in that lot I also sneaked in the last of the stollen, a portion of ice cream and a handful of Bombay mix :oops:
Need to think of something to eat for the rest of January...
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 6th, 2018, 10:44 am

Yesterday we had cheese pudding and baked tomatoes followed by winter fruit salad

Supper was the rest of the chicken - a whole brst stir-fried with cashew nuts and a ginger;lemon chilli type dressing served on rice noodles with bean sprouts, mushroom and sugar snap peas.I found a cooffee flavoured dessert in the fridge - goodness knows where it came from. I suspect it crept in from Mr Rats shopping bag.It was rather nice though.

I've got lentil and vegetable chicken soup simmering to have with garlic bread for lunch.
Souffle for supperto use up cheese and eggs. Lambs lettuce and blood orange salad to go with it and, of course the King's cake afterwards.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 7th, 2018, 8:01 am

Breakfast coming up. Porridge and a banana.

I am defrosting oxtail stew which I will have for lunch with mash and the last of my carrots.

Dinner will be something bready, maybe beans on toast.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 7th, 2018, 9:23 am

I'm the same with pears Tezza, never normally bother but we got some for Leo and they are really good. They were 'wonky' ones too so super cheap.
I had porridge, pear and banana on Friday.

Healthy lasagne was a winner :tu:
I had leftovers for my lunch on Friday. With some lentil soup from a local place which is just too good to resist.

Tea was pork steaks, potato and parsnip mash, broccoli, sprouts, carrot and a creamy mushroom and pepper sauce.

Yesterday, toasted English muffin with veggie sausage, mushroom, beans, tomatoes and fried egg... all Sllimming World esque other than the muffin.

Didn't need lunch after than but had a fererro rocher after swimming.

Tea was lend a McCartney mozzarella burger, alphabites (OH's random purchase :oops: ) and salad. Not very SW friendly :lol:

Today I'm going out for breakfast and not sure about tea yet.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby smitch » January 7th, 2018, 11:40 am

Yesterday, breakfast was at a local cafe. I had a lovely toasted muffin, poached eggs, hollandaise sauce and mushrooms. Didn’t bother with dinner as breakfast was late morning. We did have a veggie pakora from the wholefoods shop as a snack though. Tea was cheese & onion quiche, salad and potatoes.

Today, we’ve had raspberry waffles with maple syrup for breakfast. No dinner as we’ve only just had the waffles :lol:

Tea will be a spicy stir fry with rice noodles.
smitch
Registered

Postby Rocky » January 8th, 2018, 12:07 am

Lovely sounding food.

On Friday I took my team out for lunch as they have been amazing. Had lovely fish tacos. For dinner we had mahi in a tomato olive and oregano sauce. Yesterday took my boss out boating to say thank you for accommodating us for 6 weeks post storm. At the first stop we saw a turtle - very cool. Anyway they bought lunch and had fish tacos. Dinner was spicy sausage pasta sauce. Had a long run today and then my fav West Indian curry. For dinner we are having leftover pasta sauce with loads of veg.
Rocky
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 8th, 2018, 10:13 am

Great to see a turtle Rocky
Haven't had cheese pudding in years Rats

Breakfast Saturday and Sunday was yogurt, granola, banan a

Lunch on Saturday was bread and cheese with Covent Garden Arrabiata soup
Dinner was spaghetti with bottarga and a huge salad

Yesterday lunch was the rest of the soup with goat's cheese on crumpets
Dinner was chilli, baked sweet potato, a little sweetcorn, salad with avo, red onion, coriander etc.

Today I am attempting the first 5:2 fast day in a very long time, so coffee so far, green soup for lunch, and smoked haddock with cauli mash for dinner
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 8th, 2018, 5:49 pm

Today has been shameful! I didn't fancy breakfast so just had a cuppa. I cracked on with various small jobs, then got hungry at around 2pm when nice neighbour offered me a wedge of fruit cake. I tried to resist eating it but it got the better of me. It was gorgeous and now I am undecided what to have for dinner. Maybe cornflakes!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 8th, 2018, 6:33 pm

He had egg on toast, I had half a slice with naughties ! Lunch was curried veg soup and a couple of saus rolls (bitesize) HM. A mince pie and egg custard. Supper is a mix of ham, leek and Shroom over spelt pasta (it is really filling and satisfying).
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 9th, 2018, 11:09 am

Was that shameful because of the fruit cake or because you didn't eat, Tezza???!! At least fruit cake has some nutritional value. I am currently eating white chocolate which I am sure has none, and is not even chocolate.

Yesterday I did not go on a diet. I had a delicious lunch. Toasted cornbread, melt in the mouth aubergines, goats curd, roasted tomatoes, avocado slices, a dressing poached egg, then sticky toffee cake.
Dinner was 4 Quorn sausages! ( I only meant to have two.)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 9th, 2018, 12:21 pm

We had family round for lunch on Sunday. We had a double rib of beef with mixed roast root veg, celeriac purée, broccoli, Yorkshire’s and a few bottles of v nice brunello which we’ve not had for a while. Lemon tart with berries after.

Last night I made a Thai beef salad for dinner with leftover beef...I added a bit too much heat actually...it was a definite mouth tingler!

Tonight we’re having toad in the hole with carrots and green beans. Plus the last of the gravy leftover from Sunday.

Lunch shortly will be an omelette or frittata with mushrooms, spinach and feta.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby smitch » January 9th, 2018, 12:24 pm

Yesterday, I was recovering from a migraine so took the day off work. I felt too unwell for breakfast, dinner was a sandwich made with vegan 'speck' in an oven bottom muffin with a couple of satsumas.

Tea was a sort of traybake thing with veggie Cumberland-style sausages, potatoes, sweet potato, onion and peppers done in the oven with garlic & herbs.

Today, I had porridge for breakfast followed by pineapple. I've got a cheese & pickle sandwich for dinner and tea will be something quick as Ocado are coming tonight. Possibly pasta with sauce but not quite decided yet. I've got some waffle mix leftover from Sunday so we'll have either American style pancakes or more waffles for dessert.
smitch
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 9th, 2018, 12:26 pm

Zosherooney wrote: Supper is a mix of ham, leek and Shroom over spelt pasta (it is really filling and satisfying).

Did you make or buy the spelt pasta Zosh ? I don't think I have ever seen any :?
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 9th, 2018, 12:43 pm

I found myself volunteering to cook for 3 others on Sunday, one being vegetarian, so decided to try a couple of curry dishes from my recently acquired Rick Stein book about his travels in India, together with Mamta's Chana dal with spinach. I also popped a whole chicken in the Instant Pot for the meat eaters. While the food was all declared delicious, not much of it got eaten and no-one wanted to take away any leftovers :(

So guess what I am now endeavouring to finish ... ;)

I have since converted the chana dal into a soup with some light coconut milk (delicious) - found this recipe in the Mail on Saturday tv mag :tu: and will enjoy a couple of days without the need to cook much ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 9th, 2018, 12:59 pm

Yesterday's fast day went to plan

Today yogurt, granola, banana breakfast
Lunch will be soup (orange, therefore squash thickened with lentils) and crumpet topped with the last of the festive cheese
For tonight I have some pork cheeks and will construct a casserole with them, leftover quince, veg and a splosh of cider. Not sure about sides

Must stop putting soup in the freezer apart from 1 or 2 emergency portions, not enough space
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 9th, 2018, 1:57 pm

StokeySue wrote:Must stop putting soup in the freezer apart from 1 or 2 emergency portions, not enough space

My freezer is stuffed almost to capacity :( :o
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 9th, 2018, 2:22 pm

Lunch yesterday was chicken soup and fresh cheese scones. Clementines and dates afterwards

We too had beef on Sunday and i had some YP batter left so last night. I served cold roast beef with fresh YPs the rest of the red wine gravy and sprout bubble and squeak. I think it was even tastier than on Sunday. W e had a blood orange salad afterwards.

Himself had the rest of the orange salad with some yogurt for breakfast.
Lunch was an avocado, prawn, grapefruit and endive salad with dates, figs and some nuts after.
I've promised to turn the rest of the beef into a rogan josht with some HM naan and the usual suspects raita chutneys etc. I th wiink some faiselle afterwards so I will thaw out some raspberries to go with it.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 9th, 2018, 2:32 pm

PatsyMFagan wrote:My freezer is stuffed almost to capacity

Oooh I was about to say the curries will freeze well and taste better for it. Perhaps remove some stuff from freezer to eat the next couple of day and make room for the curries
Catherine
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 9th, 2018, 7:28 pm

Patsy, the spelt pasta was in Mr. Z's stocking as he is a spelt 'head'. I found it in our local M&S, it is delicious - for a pasta.

Brekkie was poached egg on toast. Lunch was a few saus. rolls. HM slaw and a tart tatin. Supper is a pork shoulder chop with mixed stirfried veg. and a carb. Better get a wiggle on, it's getting late and I have not cooked it yet!
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » January 9th, 2018, 7:49 pm

No inspiration tonight.
I gently fried fennel, onion, peas and garlic in olive oil then stirred it through some cooked rice.
Needed more seasoning but was quite nice with cold chicken.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 9th, 2018, 7:50 pm

My eating yesterday was shameful because I didn't eat! I should eat more regularly but can easily skip a meal if I get distracted by something more interesting.... Today has been better. :tu:

Breakfast - tea, an apple and a banana because I knew that for lunch I had made me and mum a mini baguette each filled with cheese, cucumber and coleslaw to take with us to the hospital because their coffee shop food prices are extortionate! We enjoyed that, plus the money saving element! Dinner has been parsnip soup. Still peckish so I might say the rest of that fruit cake in a minute with a cuppa. I was hoping for a bit more cake (there's still time!) but alternatively I may pop to Lidl tomorrow and buy a whole one, it is that nice!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 9th, 2018, 8:35 pm

I do the same, sometimes Tezza, although usually when I am stressed. And I am prone to hypoglaecemia. Mind you I don't seem to get it if I haven't eaten at all, all day. It's usually when I am approaching the next meal.

Today I've not felt like anything after my little accident. It really seems to have upset my body (which is probably mind-related). I put a rather out of date bread mix in the machine. It came out lopsided but edible so had a slice of that with butter. I am now cooking some spaetzle - in a packet with a powdered mushroom sauce :? I have added some garlic seasoning, some caraway and some cep powder to it and I know it will be tasty, if a bit junky.

Grateful for store cupboard standbys today. Will have to remember to get another couple of packets of spaetzle next time I visit OH in Germany.

He and I have been invited to an expat Christmas party there next year! Could be interesting! Apparently they take over a pub's kitchen, and cook Christmas dinner UK style.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 9th, 2018, 9:57 pm

Herbi, hope you're feeling ok. Same to you Smitch. And hope you've eaten a bit more tezza, I'd be at passing out stage :lol:

Sunday tea was spicy chicken and rice and salad.

Monday was porridge and berries for breakfast.
Had the beginnings of a migraine so took tablets and attempted to eat my way out of it at lunch time with jacket, cheese, beans and salad. Only managed a bit of it.
Felt a bit better by evening and had again spiced chicken, rice (different kinda spiced to the previous night) and some veg curry from the freezer. Oh and sprouts/peas combo. Again, just managed a bit.

Today, I made porridge and chucked in some frozen fruit lurking in the freezer... mango and pineapple. Terrible move. It went really weird, inedible, it reminded me of batteries or something. A little like the horrible bitterness you get on your tongue from overcooked Brussels. I chucked it and made new porridge from a pack at work.
Lunch was soup and bread that I'd taken yesterday and didn't fancy.
Tea has been on my lonesome... veggie sausage, potato and parsnip mash from the freezer and more veg than I could manage to eat.
One side on my neck is swollen and it's difficult to swallow... 3 people at work have been confirmed with glandular fever and another 2 with Australian flu :scared: :scared: :scared:

Desperately need brew and bed but have loads of work to do and been invited to an all day off site meeting tomorrow. I got the invite at 5:30 :rolleyes:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 9th, 2018, 10:58 pm

On the health front, we have found that this winter, both of us being at home on our own-some we have stayed healthy and not been in contact with anyone who has had any dreaded lurgy - so far we are cold, flu and virus free.....in spite of a party of 16 on the 2nd Jan.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 10th, 2018, 9:07 am

Thank you Em. I feel like I've done a round in a wrestling ring this morning. It's funny how many bits hurt after you've had a fall. A black eye came up overnight! (My cheek bone was one of the places that made impact with the pavement.)

I do hope you don't have glandular fever or indeed Aussie flu! A friend at work has had flu in spite of having a flu jab. Not sure if it was the Aussie one though.

I am on the verge, at the risk of jinxing it, of extolling the virtues of Boots 1000mg garlic tablets. They promote them as 'heart health', I just realized, which may be why I can never find the damned things. Anyway I have felt on the verge of getting a cold about three times since November, each time having the same early symptoms of the things my colleagues succumbed to,but it's nothing has developed, and I am usually very prone to such things. I've been taking echinacea too, but I have less faith in that. I will probably now come down with something horrible! My mother is always berating me for all the colds I get which she can't understand, she says, but apart from going to work, using public transport in London, well... a melting pot of lurgies :)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 10th, 2018, 9:41 am

Today is a fast day so will be soup at lunch time and stir fry veg with either prawns or chicken in the evening

Think flu is unlikelyto start with swollen glands Em? Hope it's not EBV (glandular fever), I've never knowingly had it but as I've nursed more than one person through it I've probably had it very mildly at some point, it is possible to have a weak version I'm told
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 10th, 2018, 12:40 pm

I hope all those struggling are feeling better soon!

Cheerios for breakfast.

I made a coffee and walnut cake in a loaf tin and so had a slice mid morning. Lunch was a small portion of pasta salad with some salad bits which needed eating.

I'm hoping to make homemade fish and chips this evening if I have time before my nail girl comes. Depends on what time OH gets home. If so, we'll have it with lemon butter leeks and peas, and homemade tartare sauce.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 10th, 2018, 7:58 pm

Catherine wrote:
PatsyMFagan wrote:My freezer is stuffed almost to capacity

Oooh I was about to say the curries will freeze well and taste better for it. Perhaps remove some stuff from freezer to eat the next couple of day and make room for the curries

I am having no problem hoovering up the leftovers .. ;) But my New Years resolution has GOT to be to stop visiting the rtc counter at my local Tesco ;) :lol: :rolleyes:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 10th, 2018, 8:05 pm

Just tea for breakfast, two oaty biscuits with coffee mid morning, a piece of French bread pizza for late lunch with coleslaw. A handful of liquorice allsorts this afternoon and I'll have a fruit scone later if I get nibbly. Another rubbish day of eating really!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 10th, 2018, 10:52 pm

Herb, look after yourself! Peas on the eye :lol:
I don't take any supplements but have always managed to either breeze through or suffer less with illnesses compared to others. It's definitely been worse since having Leo though. Probably a combo of more germs from nursery, etc. And being less healthy generally.
I feel a little better today, surprisingly perhaps as I was up at 2am with a sad little spud who seems to have forgotten how to sleep through. Maybe I should go to bed now. Neck is still swollen and swallowing hurts but definitely no worse so maybe I'm just fighting something off.
Don't think Aussie flu would start with swollen glands, you're right sue. Just feeling rubbish and lots of bugs flying round at work. Out of the way at least today.

Veggie sausage sandwich for breakfast
Lunch was at the meeting venue... Christ it was old fashioned! Gammon, jacket potato, fried egg and peas. At least it was SW friendly!
Friend round tonight and made a chicken, veg and creamy tomato pasta (using quark, which split despite my best efforts :rolleyes: )

Fingers crossed for a full nights kip tonight! Zzzzzzz....
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 10th, 2018, 10:59 pm

Todays plan did not go too well....... I had a small dry cinnamon swirl with T for brekkie, he had 2 small slices of toast and HM blackcurrant jam...... Lunch was out at a local pub that does a wonderful roast (3 types of lovely quality meat) about 5 different veg and all the sides. Problem was that Mr. Z. occasionally suffers with a reflux throat situation and it happened 3 mouthfuls into his roast today. He had to leave the table and I ate most of mine on my own with him 'somewhere else'. I finally found him outside 'suffering' (I won't go into detail). I went back into the pub, explained the situation and the owner was good enough to box up our meal, I finished his full glass of wine and took him home in an unhappy state. I phoned the Dr's immediately and managed to get an appt. for 4.10pm and we went down and I had to explain the situation (he had trouble talking). Dr. made Mr. Z. sip some water, the first lot came back up, the 2nd lot obviously did help so just as the Dr. was just writing a letter for us to take to A&E for an endoscopy and suddenly Mr. Z. felt immediately better and the problem subsided. We need to make an appt. in 2 weeks to book an endoscopy to source the real problem. He has managed 2 cups of tea and 2 mince pies with egg custard and is shattered and in bed. So not a good end to what should have been a tasty lunch !

I knew of last years scenario but was unaware that this did happen as far back as 2009 !!!! There have been 'signs' in-between but not the full blown situation of today. There was a lot of saliva concerned...... Dr. confirmed that meat not chewed properly and taken in large pieces could be the problem and I have recently suggested smaller mouthfuls and a lot of chewing and not swallowing all at once.......but of course I was fussing too much...... :rolleyes:

I had a chopped salad (small) as I was watching Rick Stein heading for Mexico.....Ole !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 11th, 2018, 10:21 am

Cereal for breakfast.

A supplier sent me a Harrods hamper for Christmas which I left in the office to share with others in the team. I've just had a dark chocolate roasted hazelnut biscuit and it was pretty damn good!

Lunch will be a tuna mayo sandwich, and an apple.

Out for dinner with girlfriends tonight for tapas and wine.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop