What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Herbidacious » July 22nd, 2017, 9:05 pm

Went to the shops today and had a rather unsatisfactory quesadilla in Chimichingas for lunch (bitter-tasting mushrooms.) And have eating out prices gone up a lot in the last 6 months since I have not been eating out much? £11.95 for three wedges of quesadilla and a few dessert spoonfuls of rice. In Bromley! ( ;) )

I ate a slice of Waitrose treacle tart with raspberries, with a dollop of cream when I got back to assuage the disappointment :)

Dinner was some posh halloumi (much nicer than the M&S posh halloumi I had a while back. It had a richer creamier flavour. Freshly made in London!) 'done' in the oven with some oregano and a little lemon and lime infused olive oil, then a squeeze of lemon juice when it was ready. Had it with some sweetcorn and a slice of rather nice wholemeal bread.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » July 22nd, 2017, 9:29 pm

Delicious sounding food (apart from Herb's quesadilla ....)

More lovely food for lucky me. I hugely impressed myself and stayed up til 4:30 on Friday morning. Disappointingly woke up at 7:30..... Everyone was still in bed at midday so OH and I had a wander out and happened upon a lovely place (rather aptly name Rehab :D ) and shared some oysters, sashimi and a seaweed salad. In the evening we made all the leftovers into fajitas which worked really well. With all the food gone, we went for a last bite out together this morning before heading to the airport. I had smashed avocado on toast with semi dried toms.delicious!

Dinner was at Munich airport where we shared a reasonably ok schnitzel. Now in Slovenia for two weeks and very much looking forward to lots of evenings in and hiking in the mountains! I am sure I say it every time I come but I can't recommend Slovenia highly enough and would encourage Wildies to visit
Rocky
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 22nd, 2017, 10:15 pm

Brunch was pioerade and a piece of toast
Peach, apricots, and yogurt as snack
M&S tuna kebabs, grilled courgette, herby couscous, harissa. Thekebabs turned out to be marinaded with "lemon verbena green harissa" soundedumpromising, smelled vile raw, but actually rather nice when cooked :o :tu:
Bit of stilton for afters
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Catherine » July 22nd, 2017, 11:17 pm

Herbidacious wrote: And have eating out prices gone up a lot in the last 6 months since I have not been eating out much? £11.95 for three wedges of quesadilla and a few dessert spoonfuls of rice. In Bromley! ( )

Yikes that's a bit steep
Catherine
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 23rd, 2017, 7:04 am

Rocks, I am deeply envious.... :mrgreen: Sssscchh! don't tell the world or they will all be there !!!!

I have to wait until September (Big Birthday) till we visit Corsica, it does sound a bit mountainous :scared: Food is French with Italian influences and not cheap but as Dad provided the euros....... :hug:

Seafood souffles by a bed of green salad leaves. Roast pork (sitting on 4 large carrots), stuffing, Roast Pots, apple sauce, a medley of veg. Spiced pear bread and butter pudding with caramel custard. That's supper sorted, not sure about brekkie yet. :?
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 23rd, 2017, 8:52 am

Rocky wrote:can't recommend Slovenia highly enough and would encourage Wildies to visit

Always loved the place OH was taken with it to, a friend has bought a holiday home there, he had great fun helping with the harvest. I'd offer to house sit for him but think that would require driving :D
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Rocky » July 24th, 2017, 6:25 am

StokeySue wrote:
Rocky wrote:can't recommend Slovenia highly enough and would encourage Wildies to visit

Always loved the place OH was taken with it to, a friend has bought a holiday home there, he had great fun helping with the harvest. I'd offer to house sit for him but think that would require driving :D

Yes - I think a car is essential unfortunately, certainly in the mountains. Where is his house do you know?

We were out and about yesterday so had lunch out. I had roasted veg and a side of prazen krompir which is a sort of roasted mashed potato and utterly delicious. For dinner we had a veggie stir fry at home. We didn't eat that much meat in Ibiza but fancied something a bit healthy. Dark as night and thunderstorms here this morning so not sure if the planned barbecue will happen later....
Rocky
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 24th, 2017, 8:54 am

Rocky wrote:Yes - I think a car is essential unfortunately, certainly in the mountains. Where is his house do you know?

Not sure where D's cottage is, but it looks nice in photos, probably up towards Kranska Gora
When I took OH some years back I drove from Venice to Ljubljana via Bled (slowly, stopping for walks), then back to Nova Gorica for the European backgammon championships

Talking of backgammon I was at a private backgammon party yesterday, so I ate the food provided, sausage and lentil casserole, spinach and mutton curry, jacket potatoes, veg casserole, strawberries, cheese. Not all at once, that was lunch and supper!
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 24th, 2017, 9:14 am

How did the backgammon go Sue?

We went out for dinner at friends last night so our lunch was just a melon and prawn salad followed by peaches.

Supper was melon and local ham (!)
Roast chciken with brandy cream sauce, new potatoes and green beans and Vichy carrots - simple but very good
Huge cheese platter including a beautiful piece of brie de Meux which was doing it's best to escape.
Ice cream filled profiteroles and hot chocolate sauce, :drool:

Lunch will be HM egg mayo and tomato salad.

Supper is to be Pave of beef , which is marinating in goodies right now, balsamic vine tomatoes, garlic green beans andsmall potatoes with rosemary and olive oil, cooked in foil parcels.
I've got half a blackberry and apple crumble in the fridge for pud
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby andipandi » July 24th, 2017, 10:36 am

I went to Chimichangas on Saturday and was less than impressed with the prices. I saw the quesadilla and thought no way am I paying that for a Texican sarnie. I had the chicken stack which was uneventful and the chips were definitely low quality oven chips. Nachos were ok.

Ive had a fried egg butty today. Will have soup in the canteen. Then bacon, mushroom mac and cheese with garlic dough balls later.
andipandi
Registered

Postby MagicMarmite » July 24th, 2017, 2:29 pm

Such lovely sounding holiday food Rocky, I'm v jealous.

Since Friday we've had Chicken korma, bombay potatoes, Poppadoms and salad.
Green Thai veg curry with rice noodles
Seafood stew with samphire, cous cous and sweet potato crisp
None of it was proper coking really, lots of jars and fridge/cupboard bits.

We're having chicken nuggets this evening, a bag of 36 between the two of us with whatever sauces we can find in the cupboard/fridge.
MagicMarmite
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » July 24th, 2017, 2:45 pm

Yesterday we had a really nice late breakfast in Sevenoaks. I had a sizzling bowl of potatoes, peppers, avocado, mushrooms a feta dip thing and something else. OH had a 'full mediterranean', which involved avocado deep fried halloumi, tomatoes, eggs? and other nice things.

Dinner was courgette, rice and cheese gratin again - this time with stock instead of milk and rosemary, followed by raspberry and treacle tart with cream.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » July 24th, 2017, 2:48 pm

andipandi wrote:I went to Chimichangas on Saturday and was less than impressed with the prices. I saw the quesadilla and thought no way am I paying that for a Texican sarnie. I had the chicken stack which was uneventful and the chips were definitely low quality oven chips. Nachos were ok.

Ive had a fried egg butty today. Will have soup in the canteen. Then bacon, mushroom mac and cheese with garlic dough balls later.

cf my lunch on Saturday, andipandi.

Ok they were never gourmet, but they seemed to have pared the menu down and bumped up the prices. I would be very happy if Wahaca stretched out it's tentacles beyond zone one in London.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby andipandi » July 24th, 2017, 3:07 pm

I would LOVE Wahaca to come into the suburbs. Can't see it happening however, so we end up with the cruddy Tex-Mex places serving stodgy burritos and over-priced quesidillas.
andipandi
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 24th, 2017, 5:00 pm

Has anyone tried the Tortilla chain? Described as California Mexican, they are coming to Dalston soon, and seem to be all over the place
http://www.tortilla.co.uk/locations/

Makes me all nostalgic for Taco Bell :lol:
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » July 26th, 2017, 8:27 am

Herbidacious wrote:Dinner was courgette, rice and cheese gratin

I really like the sound of that - do you use a recipe or your own method?

We were out and about a lot over the weekend, I cant really remember what we had and where :?

Since then we've had a Greek lamb meatball dish in a lovely rich tomato, red pepper and herb sauce with Greek salad and homemade garlic bread.

A beef, beer and barley stew served with cavolo nero.

Tonight we're having risotto topped with baked salmon fillets. I'm not sure what's going in the risotto yet but I want to use stuff up before the next veg box arrives so I think it will include chard and mushrooms.

Lunch today is a mini ploughmans with cheddar, ham, an apple, some rocket, tomatoes and some pickled beetroot which we made at the weekend.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 26th, 2017, 9:16 am

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:I really like the sound of that - do you use a recipe or your own method?

Hi OMCO, we had a whole thread about it recently, very good
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15540&p=443810&hilit=Rose+Elliot#p443810

Yesterday I went to Cinnamon Soho Vivek Singh's new informal place for lunch. We had the 8 dish sharing menu, small plates but we were stuffed when we'd done, couldn't eat it all. It sensibly came two plates at a time, very well thought out
http://www.cinnamonsoho.com/menus/
Supper was a piece of cheese, a slice of toast, an apple

I'm amazed how the Kingly Street and just off it (between Regent Street and Carnaby Street) has become a food place. There's Dishoom, Cinnamon, and Darjeeling Express just Indian, JinJoo (Korean), Wright Brothers (seafood) and some others. When I worked in the area it was the dark and dismal home of the workshops for Savile Row and Bond Street
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » July 26th, 2017, 9:34 am

I made the 'easy'/less work version of the Smitten Kitchen one, OMCO.

It took a lot longer to cook this time, for some reason.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby andipandi » July 26th, 2017, 10:17 am

I always eat more when it's damp and miserable. I have had two bacon and egg butties already today, with a huge mug of sweet tea and followed by a Caramel Log. Comfort food I reckon. Having said that, I don't think I will have any lunch as I am stuffed. I have an apple and an orange with me so may have those around 2ish. Dinner is Jamie's fish fingers with, sadly, shop bought tartare sauce (but its a nice waitrose one), with lemon squeeze, peas and chips.
andipandi
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 26th, 2017, 10:34 am

I have just had (11am) Spiced pear bread and butter pudding for brekkie !!! Might have some more fried courgettes much later and it will probably be chicken thighs for supper with a salad and potatoes somehow...
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Catherine » July 26th, 2017, 6:32 pm

I went down the track my sister lives on with the 3 kids to pick some blackberries and made a batch or scones adding them in whole. Wasn't sure how they would come out but I made 6 scones. Can't tell you how they tasted but I gather rather good due to the fact that within 5 minutes there were none left. They didn't even wait for them to cool down
Catherine
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » July 27th, 2017, 12:21 pm

Thanks Sue and Herbi, i'll take a look at the thread.

I like the sound of those scones Catherine!

Tonight we're having sweet red pepper smoked mackerel with a salad of new potatoes, feta, rocket and pickled beetroot. I was going to add horseradish in there somewhere as well but I fear that may be one flavour too far! I'll see later anyway.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Rocky » July 27th, 2017, 7:20 pm

StokeySue wrote:
Rocky wrote:Yes - I think a car is essential unfortunately, certainly in the mountains. Where is his house do you know?

Not sure where D's cottage is, but it looks nice in photos, probably up towards Kranska Gora
When I took OH some years back I drove from Venice to Ljubljana via Bled (slowly, stopping for walks), then back to Nova Gorica for the European backgammon championships

Talking of backgammon I was at a private backgammon party yesterday, so I ate the food provided, sausage and lentil casserole, spinach and mutton curry, jacket potatoes, veg casserole, strawberries, cheese. Not all at once, that was lunch and supper!

That must have been lovely. We are between Bled and Lake Bohinj. Just stunning . Will try to post a snap. Have been doing loads of hiking running and cycling. VERY annoyingly (and caps deliberate) OH had had a lot of work over the last couple of days :( so have managed to do stuff in the morning but he has had calls etc late (ie until 1am yesterday on holiday!) Anyway the point is that we have decided to have lunch out when we can knowing he will be working come 7pm. Yesterday after a long bike ride was Serbian bean soup. In the evening we had a massaman curry. Bizarrely there is an amazing paste you can get here that is delicious.. A long early morning hike followed by goulash soup for me and 'sausage, sauerkraut and 'barley mush' for OH. Dinner has been a few little cevapcicci (like little shish kebabs ) and salad at home - lovely!
Rocky
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 27th, 2017, 10:23 pm

Even more deeply envious Rocks.... I found the food there very fulfilling and flavoursome.

We had some marinated chicken thighs for supper with a quinoa, pistachio, walnut and veg stirfry, very tasty if I say so myself.

Early start tomorrow so time to sleep....
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » July 28th, 2017, 3:11 pm

Sounds lovely Rocky!

Boiled egg and soldiers and fruit and yoghurt for breakfast.

Lunch was a chicken caesar salad.

We're having a very early dinner out tonight at a small plates bar/restaurant in our village. The menu changes daily and the food is always exceptional so I'm really looking forward to it.

Then home to share a bottle of wine and watch a film I think. Have a good weekend all!
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Rocky » July 28th, 2017, 8:23 pm

Thanks all. Exceptionally lucky! Today did a great biking / hiking combo and we were both shattered afterwards. Went to our favourite local restaurant with a clear view of what we fancied - and they had a power cut! V limited menu but shared some more cevapcicci and grilled veg which was delicious. Dinner has been some local trout which OH kindly filleted with some spuds from a few days ago made into a salad.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 28th, 2017, 9:57 pm

Num Num Num Rocks ! You eat very well, but there again the exercise wills you to eat!

The pear and tomato sauce with the meatballs was good again, only heating what we ate !! At one point Mr. Z was troubled that I kept heating it ALL through every time - men ! :rolleyes:

Shattered today, Early start and lots of busy jobs. El Kippo now......
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 29th, 2017, 9:53 am

Rocky, Yummy yummy,

Yesterday we had bacon sandwiches for lunch - fresh supplies coming next week :tu:

Supper was a veal escallop with mushroom cream and brandy sauce :tu: , crushed Charlotte potatoes and courgettes. Pud was a :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: n almond and apricot tart.
Tonight we have neighbours coming for a drink and lots of nibbles ie and apperitif dinatoire. I've made cervelle de canut (following our discussion this week) an olive and ham cake to cut into fingers, pois chicade and tapenade, some marinated anchovies and later i'll make mini kebabs of cherry tomatoes and mozarella and watermelon and feta and regular melon with serrano ham.

For lunch I think omelette followed by the rest of the tart.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Luca » July 29th, 2017, 5:36 pm

Some super sounding food here. I've not been updating but am on a fitness regime and trying to put on weight. Not the easiest thing for me and it's no fun when people tell me I'm lucky to not put on weight. I'm not. It's annoying when the first thing people tell you after they greet you is 'You're too thin!" They wouldn't say it if it was the other way around. Anyway have put on 5 kg which is a huge step although 10 more are apparently needed to get into Safe zone. Not sure I agree but another 5 would be good!

Anybody London bound or in situ........ I today rediscovered Tooting Broadway market as I was visiting somebody in St George's hospital just next door. Super choice of food and won 2017 award. I had a quick snack of 6 grilled dumplings at Koi. Pork with spring onion etc and all the sauces. Could have eaten my way around the place. Well worth a visit. I'll be going back. They also have a Lidl and Aldi which could be useful as I don't know the latter and will investigate at some stage

https://tootingmarket.com
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby Zosherooney » July 29th, 2017, 5:59 pm

Thanks for that Luca, we are up in town tomorrow, at Southall first for some indian supplies, then meeting Patsy and onward travel to Zedels and the LPO in the evening. We are staying overnight with Patsy - thank you my fiend ! Then to Brixton market in the morning and on to fiends in Lightwater for a BBQ at midday. Home late pm.

Egg on toast for brekkie around 10.30 then into town for his new phone.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: A very late bite of lunch at home quoina, black rice, a nice dressings and some yellow tomatoes with a marinated ckx. thigh and a shared cakey bun.

Supper - very much later - will be singapore noodles (small portion) maybe a salad to share...
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby smitch » July 29th, 2017, 6:33 pm

Breakfast was lovely. Albert's Schloss in Manchester have just started doing breakfast and we're offering 50% off. I had a veggie breakfast and my husband a meaty one. Followed by an amazing cronut :chops: http://albertsschloss.co.uk/

Tea has been Pollen seeded sourdough bread with a bit of cheese and some pickles. Made by the woman who appeared on Nadiya's programme this week.
smitch
Registered

Postby Luca » July 29th, 2017, 7:31 pm

Zosherooney wrote:Thanks for that Luca, we are up in town tomorrow, at Southall first for some indian supplies, then meeting Patsy and onward travel to Zedels and the LPO in the evening. We are staying overnight with Patsy - thank you my fiend ! Then to Brixton market in the morning and on to fiends in Lightwater for a BBQ at midday. Home late pm.

Have a super time Zosh! Koi have a branch in Brixton market I believe. It's a great place to visit.
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby Rocky » July 29th, 2017, 7:37 pm

Luca wrote:Some super sounding food here. I've not been updating but am on a fitness regime and trying to put on weight. Not the easiest thing for me and it's no fun when people tell me I'm lucky to not put on weight. I'm not. It's annoying when the first thing people tell you after they greet you is 'You're too thin!" They wouldn't say it if it was the other way around. Anyway have put on 5 kg which is a huge step although 10 more are apparently needed to get into Safe zone. Not sure I agree but another 5 would be good!

Anybody London bound or in situ........ I today rediscovered Tooting Broadway market as I was visiting somebody in St George's hospital just next door. Super choice of food and won 2017 award. I had a quick snack of 6 grilled dumplings at Koi. Pork with spring onion etc and all the sauces. Could have eaten my way around the place. Well worth a visit. I'll be going back. They also have a Lidl and Aldi which could be useful as I don't know the latter and will investigate at some stage

https://tootingmarket.com

Luca - you have my sympathies. I am now a very normal (slender) weight but (this is a sign of how far I have come), I was one of the originals on the eating disorder (ish) thread that migrated from BBC. It was ENORMOUSLY unhelpful for people to comment on how skinny I was. As you say, people would be castigated for the same comments on someone who was struggling in the other direction. Along similar lines people now tell me how lucky I am that I love running so am slender. I do love running but it isn't that simple!

We have been to the restaurant in the village tonight. You get what you are given. Tonight was wild mushroom soup with some bread hot out of the oven. Then a little piece of amazing steak with a rice thing and roasted tomato. I wasn't that impressed when I heard what we were having but it was fab. Actually having done an 18 mile run today I am a bit peckish :oops: :oops:
Rocky
Registered

Postby Luca » July 29th, 2017, 7:58 pm

Thanks Rocky. I know therefore you understand exactly my view.

Your meal sounds delicious...... the 18 mile run today less so! But bravo to you! I'm upping the exercise with some weight training and long walks but running was never my thing. I am going to get back into tennis though and start zumba. Little steps but in the right direction!

Have just eaten a small packet of liquorice. When did it get so mild??
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby Zosherooney » July 29th, 2017, 9:37 pm

Luca,when you next see Mr. Z. you can talk liquorice with him, he is an addict..... :rolleyes:

Rocks, that sounds like my sort of dining, just turn up and take your chance..... a bit like Le Routiers..... Well done for the run :tu:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 29th, 2017, 11:51 pm

Zosherooney wrote:Mr. Z. you can talk liquorice with him, he is an addict.....

Fortunately he is probably isn't :D
Actual physical addiction to liquorice is rare but happens and it's dangerous, causing very high blood pressure, swollen ankles, and ultimately kidney failure

Not eaten anything very exciting since Cinnamon Soho but today had some assorted pakoras with chutney while out, and a lavender flavoured scone with all the trimmings, lavender was mild but nice
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Rocky » July 30th, 2017, 4:40 am

That's fascinating Sue. I had very low blood pressure for a while and my GP suggested liquorice but I had no idea it could lead to that! I adore anything liquorice or aniseedy

I am training for a race - not just being a running loon on holiday. We have various veg bits and pieces to use up so will probably have a Thai curry tonight. Not sure on lunch as we will probably be out on the bikes. I am going to propose a packed lunch but I suspect OH will fancy stopping somewhere.
Rocky
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 30th, 2017, 9:35 am

I should perhaps point out that the last liquorice addict whose case I knew about was eating about 750 g a day, and the cause of her illness was found by a bright young nurse who in the words of the consultant "performed a physical examination of her bedside locker"
Liquorice contains a substance called glycerrhetic acid that acts a bit like a mild steroid, it's also anti viral
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 30th, 2017, 1:35 pm

Sue we have a good friend, a bio chemist, who spent a lot of his working life researching liquorice and possible healing properties on problems caused by stomach acids. He is no longer porf but took up holy orders on his retirement.

Last evening's soiree went very well indeed the silk weavers' brains receiving a special mention.

I decided on a proper Sunday lunch today before next week's onslaught. Slow roast pork with proper sage and onion stuffing, s then mall potatoes done under the meat and carrot and courgette ribbons. Cheese naughty cakes from patisserie - they had to be bought when Mr R was ordering my birthday cake yesterday.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 30th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Ratatouille wrote:ue we have a good friend, a bio chemist, who spent a lot of his working life researching liquorice and possible healing properties on problems caused by stomach acids. He is no longer porf but took up holy orders on his retirement.

I wonder if I'd know [of] him? The reason I was, unusually for me, directly involved with patient treatment was because at the time I was one of the very few people set up to do the blood test to see if they'd consumed enough Pontefract cakes to explain the symptoms (we worked on gastric and duodenal ulcer)
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 30th, 2017, 2:22 pm

His name is Richard Virden Sue. He won't mind me telling anyone,. If you do recognise the name I'll PM you with further details - lovely man.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 30th, 2017, 4:01 pm

no, never encountered the name Virden, as far as I remember, it's unusual
Looking at his publications, he's at the mechanism / kinetic end, which I never was
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby EmWilk » July 30th, 2017, 9:20 pm

Evening all, what a week (or more) it's been!

I've been on a course at London Business School all week and had some delicious meals.
The highlights were a cooking challenge evening where we, in teams, cooked lots of mezze type dishes all Moroccan/middle eastern dishes. The team I was in won ;)
And a final lunch on Friday of really good sushi, fish skewers, chicken bao and loads of other goodies, not to mention wonderful desserts.

This weekend, I've not eaten fantastically but we had a nice tea last night for which inspiration was taken fro 2 Jamie recipes... tuna steak coated in green tea and sesame seeds, coconut rice and miso/chilli/lime dressed veggies.

Today, I had some weetabix eventually after cleaning up a very sicky boy and his bed several times. We escaped the house for a bit if fresh air and a visit to my mum where we are too many chocolate digestives.
We've had kebabs and falafels from the recently reopened fantastic place in town for tea.

Hope everyone's well, I've been reading but not posting. Rocky, your hols sounds fab as always!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » July 31st, 2017, 7:24 pm

Hope the little man is ok EmWilk?

Last night we realised the forecast for today was cloudless skies and 30 degrees so planned on a walk that you can only do if there is zero threat of thunderstorms. Got up at 6 and had a banana and some coffee. Three hours into the seven hour walk, we shared a honey sarnie and a chicken and pesto one. A very frosty beer and a shared plate of chips at the end. We were shattered! Early dinner was out. Shared deer goulash, grilled veg and the potato dish I keep harking on about :chops:
Rocky
Registered

Postby Catherine » July 31st, 2017, 8:00 pm

Rocky wrote:Hope the little man is ok EmWilk?

Last night we realised the forecast for today was cloudless skies and 30 degrees so planned on a walk that you can only do if there is zero threat of thunderstorms. Got up at 6 and had a banana and some coffee. Three hours into the seven hour walk, we shared a honey sarnie and a chicken and pesto one. A very frosty beer and a shared plate of chips at the end. We were shattered! Early dinner was out. Shared deer goulash, grilled veg and the potato dish I keep harking on about :chops:

That walk sounds fab. The kind of thing I love to do with my dog
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » July 31st, 2017, 8:23 pm

Thanks Rocky, he's very well in himself but not at all well from a medical perspective! He got sent home from nursery today after less than 3 hours with s&d... took him to the docs who advised upper respiratory tract infection/stomach flu... They didn't sound at all like the same thing to me but either way, he should get better on his own.

Luckily I was working from home today so could nip and get him.
I had weetabix for breakfast.
Tuna salad sandwich for lunch with some chilli lemon crisps.
I ordered a couple of (discounted) hello fresh boxes for some inspiration and we had the first tonight... soy and orange pork with roasted veg and couscous. Was very nice actually if not a little bit of a faff.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 1st, 2017, 5:30 am

Catherine wrote:
Rocky wrote:Hope the little man is ok EmWilk?

It is a gorgeous walk Catherine. A bit of steep ascent but then it undulates along a wide ridge for miles with amazing views each side.

Hope Leo continues to improve Em.

That walk sounds fab. The kind of thing I love to do with my dog
Rocky
Registered

Postby andipandi » August 1st, 2017, 12:01 pm

I've found chocolate milk. Oh dear..

So that with a banana for breakfast. Then, as I am working at home more chocolate milk, with a muffin for lunch.

I feel sick.
andipandi
Registered

Postby smitch » August 1st, 2017, 12:49 pm

I skipped breakfast as I had a busy morning. First, we had to drop the guinea pigs at the vet for their annual check up. All ok thankfully, Boris has gained over 200g since his illness last summer :D Then I had a hospital appointment, took me ages to find the place due to the awful signage and no instructions on my appointment letter. Got to have my gallbladder out, which I'm a bit apprehensive about.

Anyway, upshot was I was starving at lunchtime so had a pasta meal from M&S at the hospital. Was ok but nothing special.

No idea what is for tea. Got loads of stuff in the freezer but nothing is appealing apart from apple crumble. I'll definitely be having that for dessert, but must think of something to make for the rest of the meal :lol:
smitch
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 1st, 2017, 6:25 pm

I had a salad from Pod. It had lettuce, grated carrot, edamame, lentils, feta-type cheese and other thing with a sweet chilli sauce. It was quite nice, but I began to think this is what it must feel like to be a cow, having to eat all day long. It just have taken me about 20 minutes to much through it. I got a bit bored...
also had a naughty Tesco lemon yoghurt.
Am going to cook up my tromboncino for dinner. May just have it with some cheese. Not sure...
Herbidacious
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop