What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Zosherooney » August 1st, 2017, 8:33 pm

2 small crusts for brekkie, 5 small cheese and chutney rolls (as in sausage roll type). A silly pork scrappulings, BNS and gravy supper, nothing to write home about, just odds and ends. Until 'The Factory' came on the telly, tonight was Biscuits !!!! I had 5 different biscuits whilst watching..... :oops: :oops: :oops: Naughty Girl.......
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 1st, 2017, 8:57 pm

Nothing much to report today... I'm not sure if what Leo has is catching but I feel very rough today... not helped by being up in the night cleaning up sick I guess :( poor little guy, he's so happy in himself though, it's weird!

Nothing until about half 2 when I bought a cheese and tomato toastie and a peach iced tea from Costa. I didn't finish either.
Because Leo isn't allowed back to nursery, I will be working from home mostly tomorrow so had to stay late tonight to finish something off and don't have much of an appetite in any case.
I'm currently sat in bed with a bowl of mashed potato (made by OH for me) and a lemsip (not sure why but I feel like it might make me feel better... I'm very feverish)

Better day tomorrow hopefully. Leo is staying at dad's so at least I should get a full night's sleep :tu:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 1st, 2017, 9:13 pm

If you are feverish probably better with plain paracetamol tablets than lemsip, if your nose isn't dripping that part of the medication (phenylephrine) is probably unhelpful

Had Indonesian tempeh with rice and salad Sunday night, sardines and salad for lunch yesterday, Bavarian bratwurst with new pots, cabbage and leek. Today a vaguely Indonesian salad topped with leftover tempeh for lunch, a gelato, a burger with the trimmings in a bun, some Stilton (I put some in the burger but there was only a small bit left so I ate it!)
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Catherine » August 1st, 2017, 9:42 pm

StokeySue wrote:If you are feverish probably better with plain paracetamol tablets than lemsip, if your nose isn't dripping that part of the medication (phenylephrine) is probably unhelpful

I agree, lemsip is more for colds as a decongestant, not that I can take it as I'm allergic to paracetamol
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 1st, 2017, 10:11 pm

I somehow find drinking paracetamol in a drink much better... probably just in my head. I'd have taken dissolvable paracetamol if we had any. Better than nothing I guess!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 2nd, 2017, 9:14 am

Get some soluble paracetamol and keep it in the medicine cabinet, phenylephrine is fine when you need it but likely to make your nose and throat feel dry and tense if you don't, and can be contraindicated if you are taking other meds
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 2nd, 2017, 9:59 am

Breakfast: Bacon and beans on toast
mid morning sausage sandwich thin with brown sauce
Lunch: turkey salad
Dinner:either savoury mince with a scrunched filo pastry top and steamed veg or spag bol and garlic bread with a side salad not sure yet, I have taken a bag of cooked mince out of the freezer so could go either way.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 2nd, 2017, 3:37 pm

I hope you are feeling better Em. The person who sit next to me at work went home eventually (she was in the office all yesterday and this morning) feeling nauseous and feverish. She thought it was a reaction to jabs. It sounds like it's doing the rounds though. I have 48 hours to get it and recover for my holiday!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 3rd, 2017, 4:44 am

Hope everyone is feeling ok :hug:

Trying to think back... Tuesday we had a long bike ride and then stopped for a bowl of goulash. Not quite the food for 30 degree heat but delicious nonetheless! For dinner had cevapccici on the bbq at home with salad and some spuds cooked with bacon. Yesterday we had meats and cheeses to us up so that was lunch. Dinner was very similar to the previous night with the addition of some chicken kebabs marinated in yoghurt and pesto and some barbecued strips of courgette and red pepper.

We have a long walk planned this morning and I have made up some sandwiches using what is left in the fridge. Last night in the mountains tonight so we are going to the lovely restaurant in the village where you get what you are given!
Rocky
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 3rd, 2017, 6:44 am

Breakfast: Bite size shredded wheat and milk

Lunch: Ham and cheese toasty

Dinner: savoury rice (all veggie left in the fridge mixed with rice) with cubed pork steak in sweet chilli sauce followed by a fruit yoghurt
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 3rd, 2017, 8:15 am

Hope that all sufferers and feeling better today. It's just too hot to eat or cook here at the moment and I'm consuming so much water, along with other liquids (!) i seem to be in the loo every few minutes :rolleyes:

Tuesday I used the last of the park to make a stir-fry with noodles and vegetables,

Yesterday we had coffee and croissants after shopping.
Lunch was dried duck breast with piment d'Espalette thinly sliced then made into a salad with fresh peaches and leaves.
Supper was chilli con carne with guacamole and soft tortillas. Followed by fresh fruit salad

Breakfast this morning was yogurt and berries, or just berries
lunch smoked mackerel rilettes from the freezer with toasted rye bread
Supper is soupe au pistou and fourgase bread followed by cheese and a slice of watermelon
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 3rd, 2017, 8:30 am

Lots of things going around at the moment. There are quite a lot of people off at my work.

We've had some nice food over the last few days, using up veg and meat box deliveries and loads of stuff we bought from the monthly market in town.

On Monday we had lots of mezze style dishes...spiced roasted sweet potatoes, wild rice and quinoa pilaf, grated carrot and grated halloumi salad with pomegranate chilli dressing, spiced chicken, griddled halloumi, griddled courgette with mint and lemon, olives, tiny lamb kebabs, various dips, sauces and a mint yoghurt. It sounds like lots of food (it was lots of food :D) but there were loads of leftovers for lunches.

Tuesday we had tagliatelle with slow cooked onions, pancetta, portobello mushrooms and cavolo nero with a sauce made using cream, egg yolk, parmesan and some pasta water.

Last night we had a scallop and pancetta chowder with potatoes, corn, veg stock and the last bit of cream leftover from the previous nights dinner.

OH will have to fend for himself tonight as I'm out for dinner with friends at a really lovely local restaurant :hungry:
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 3rd, 2017, 10:56 am

I seem to have breezed through the chest infection that has laid husband low for nearly a month and antiobiotics, only to feel nauseous and headachy today. Feels like a really bad hangover. (It's not!) I may not eat today... was supposed to be going out for dinner in my nice new frock!

Last night I just had baked London halloumi with oregano and smoked olive oil. I confess I overcooked it a bit. It was still nice though. Lunch yesterday was a very late, post-crisis ploughman's Pret sandwich. I rarely treat myself to anything so calorific and bready at lunch time! Breakfast was a banana and a lemon yoghurt.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 3rd, 2017, 10:59 am

Brekkie = some toast with chocolate. and P nut butter :chops: :chops:

Lunch = Higgidy cheese and chutney veggie rolls

Supper = Cauli cheese for me and curry for immindoors !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 3rd, 2017, 11:03 am

Ooh those rolls are nice, Zosh! I discovered that M&S do a really nice version too. Some guff about being hand rolled or something (confusing them with cigars?) but very tasty.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 3rd, 2017, 12:16 pm

Yes, Herb, they have a good flavour don't they. :chops:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 3rd, 2017, 7:40 pm

Rats - it is roasting here too. We are in the (Slovene) Alps but it is still about 35 degrees. Dinner in the village was delightful but can barely move we are so full. A board of cold cuts, cheese and horseradish mixed with cream :shock: . Then a salad of a red lettuce, chick peas and grated egg. Delicious. Then an earthenware dish with several small delicious steaks, a few bits of chicken and a veggie risotto. All beautifully done. OH then had two portions of the pudding which was a sort of fruit compote with HM ice cream. We had a beer each and shared a 1/2 l of wine and the lot came to les than 50 euros. So sad to leave tomorrow....
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 4th, 2017, 11:32 am

I wish it was roasting in Cheshire! We've had all types of weather in the last week, including giant hail stones. I'm wearing boots today :? :shock:

Lovely food last night of fritto misto, lobster ravioli, cherry chocolate ice cream, wine and cocktails.

Maple and bacon pancake for breakfast.

Lunch will probably just be an apple.

Dinner will be a chicken penang curry with rice and some kind of vegetable side dish as we have an awful lot of mushrooms, some runner beans, spinach and cauliflower to use up before the weekend.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 4th, 2017, 12:57 pm

A banana, a Pret posh cheese sandwich, as they called it. Will have a lemon yogurt in a bit.

Tonight will eat stuff up or go out depending on energy levels/strength of guilt re wasting things. Or thing, singular, probably. A large bag of buffalo mozzarella.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 4th, 2017, 5:08 pm

Hope your weather picks up OMCO.

We drove down the coast this morning for two nights before we fly home. We are in Piran just across from Italy and it is absolutely gorgeous. We had a lovely lunch overlooking the sea (working studiously to avoid having to see all the over bronzed men in budgie smugglers.....). We shared gnocchi with octopus and cherry toms and the chef'so salad - which was radicchio, walnuts, pear and smoked sea bass :chops:

After a brief snooze we are about to head out to explore and very excited about what food we might find for dinner!
Rocky
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » August 4th, 2017, 5:16 pm

Lost my cooking mojo last couple of months, for various reasons, so going to start reading and contributing to this thread for more inspiration. Breakfast today was muesli with semi skimmed .
Morning having a nose round the shops. In one charity shop, bought 2 shirts, 7 tops , a pair of jeans and pair of trousers for grand total of £11. Started to rain, so I had a piece of caramel shortbread and hot choc in a cafe. The caramel shortbread was the best I've ever had. Chocolate on top was dark and the caramel was very chewy and sticky.

Lunch was in a cafe. Salad box where you could choose up to five items. Mine included potato salad and Greek salad. Had alongside a homemade scotch egg. Dinner will be very spicy pork fajitas with salad and an obligatory Friday night beer.
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 4th, 2017, 5:44 pm

Bacon bap for brekkie

Seafood sticks, cuc, lettuce and half a bread roll for lunch

Chilli plate for supper, various items spiced up, garlic bread and sour cream.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 4th, 2017, 6:15 pm

Wednesday I felt a little better and was working from home so made a breakfast sandwich using the veggie sausages OH had cooked me the night before but I'd not eaten with the mash.
Wasn't upto lunch but made Sri Lankan fish curry from our hello fresh box for tea which was very nice.

Yesterday was terrible, health wise but I was telling myself I was making up for not much eating the previous 2 days. Bacon and cheese turnover for breakfast.
Went to kfc for lunch but didn't end up eating more than the fries and one piece of chicken.
OH passed an exam yesterday which was the final part to a 4 week intensive course and means he gets his new job so we went to our fave Thai place for tea. I had a mixed starter and (half of) penang tofu.

Working from home again today and had weetabix for breakfast.
Leftover penang tofu for lunch.
Tea is our final hello fresh meal of the week... steak, rosemary potatoes, broccoli and peppercorn sauce.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Amber » August 4th, 2017, 8:18 pm

How do you find Hello Fresh EmW?

We use Hello Fresh, and Gousto (more menu choice). OH loves them, I like them (saves me having to think of meals), but the cost bothers me. They're expensive for what they are, but...
.....so easy! :oops: ;) :D
Amber
Registered

Postby Amber » August 4th, 2017, 8:19 pm

How do you find Hello Fresh EmW?

We use Hello Fresh, and Gousto (more menu choice). OH loves them, I like them (saves me having to think of meals), but the cost bothers me. They're expensive for what they are, but...
.....so easy! :oops: ;) :D
Amber
Registered

Postby Catherine » August 4th, 2017, 10:13 pm

Prettykiwicrazy wrote:Lost my cooking mojo last couple of months, for various reasons, so going to start reading and contributing to this thread for more inspiration. Breakfast today was muesli with semi skimmed .
Morning having a nose round the shops. In one charity shop, bought 2 shirts, 7 tops , a pair of jeans and pair of trousers for grand total of £11. Started to rain, so I had a piece of caramel shortbread and hot choc in a cafe. The caramel shortbread was the best I've ever had. Chocolate on top was dark and the caramel was very chewy and sticky.

Lunch was in a cafe. Salad box where you could choose up to five items. Mine included potato salad and Greek salad. Had alongside a homemade scotch egg. Dinner will be very spicy pork fajitas with salad and an obligatory Friday night beer.

Sounds like quite a lot of mojo going on there to me
Catherine
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 5th, 2017, 6:20 am

How annoying is that ! We forgot the garlic bread with supper, found it after we had finished ! Ah well, it will go with brekkie ;) leftover pigs in blankets and an egg!

I have just pulled our first 2 carrots and we will have them au natural - they smell fantastic ! Probably with some other salady bits and bobs for lunch - hopefully in the sun in the garden.

Supper is my version of carbonara - bacon, garlic, cream over some pasta.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Luca » August 5th, 2017, 6:55 am

I've been working hard at eating which isn't as easy as it sounds but over the last few weeks have been eating three meals a day minimum which for those who know me will know is a good achievement.

I finally took time off and have been really enjoying simple and not so simple treats. Boiled or scrambled eggs daily and plenty of fruit and veg and fish helped me start off the recovery plan. Happy to say I have gained 5kg which is immense for me. Still have a way to go but I will get there.

On Thursday after an egg breakfast, trip to hairdresser and on a day out with best friend I went to Ukai in Portobello Road. We had seaweed salad, prawn tempura, selection of tuna, salmon and a whitefish sashimi with a rather lovely selection of edible flowers, shoots, mooli and carrot, ceviche of sea bass and sake. Delicious!
http://ukai.co.uk/newsite/menu/

We then went to her house and caught up on Game of Thrones, gossip and chat before having a delicious supper of venison steaks, mushroom and asparagus and rice along with unreasonable amounts of red wine and silly programmes until late into the night. Super fun!

Yesterday I grabbed a ham and emmental baguette from the French deli on the way home and had a salad and MM pork pie for supper along with black grapes and a very unhealthy snickers bar.

Today I will go to the market and collect some goodies to include calorific but healthy treats. I should also address the housework and ironing but I suspect I won't over the weekend. Unless I just tell it "you can wait!" :D
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » August 5th, 2017, 11:58 am

Catherine wrote:
Prettykiwicrazy wrote:Lost my cooking mojo last couple of months, for various reasons, so going to start reading and contributing to this thread for more inspiration. Breakfast today was muesli with semi skimmed .

Sounds like quite a lot of mojo going on there to me

Thanks Catherine, my aims are to step out of my comfort zone with trying new dishes and upping my fruit and veg intake quite a bit, as a little rundown.

Breakfast today was scrambled egg and grilled tomato on toast. I then met my mum for coffee and shared a fruit scone with clotted cream and jam. Lunch is going to be a big mixed salad topped with prawn cocktail. I woke up really fancying making a curry , but have eaten quite a lot in early part of day. Might go for a veg stir fry instead possibly with a satayish sauce. Ben and Jerrys in freezer for later.

Luca, what do you think of the new series. They've really ramped up the pace,haven't they. A friend of mine had similar weight problems and was advised to go for healthy fats , such as avocados and nuts and small amounts of full fat dairy. Little and often was recommended too.
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby Luca » August 5th, 2017, 1:13 pm

Prettykiwicrazy wrote:
A friend of mine had similar weight problems and was advised to go for healthy fats , such as avocados and nuts and small amounts of full fat dairy. Little and often was recommended too.

Yes. That's what I've been advised. Little and often to start but build up. Lots of the above plus fish for me. Seaweed, oats and sauerkraut as well. A rare steak also from time to time. I am really looking forward to eating more adventurously again and feel soooooooooo much better for it.
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby Zosherooney » August 5th, 2017, 1:57 pm

Luca, you seem to be enjoying what you are currently eating too which is great.....long may you continue...... :luv:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 5th, 2017, 2:23 pm

:hi5: :hi5: :hi5: Luca
As ever I could do with losing a bit but I'm concentrating on getting my exercise up before getting strict about eating
I've settled into a pattern of small breakfast, big salad with protein for lunch, more substantial supper
My eyes don't think I'm eating that much, my waist thinks differently :lol: The gin doesn't help

Anyway yesterday breakfast was marmite toast, lunch salad including some leftover new pots, an egg and some marinated anchovies, dinner red cooked pork, pak choy and rice

Today yogurt, another salad with three colours of tomatoes, basil, an egg & a little salami for lunch. Supper will be topped rice with more pork and cabbage from yesterday and another veg, probably tenderstem broccoli
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 5th, 2017, 10:08 pm

I know what you mean about the gin Sue..... that Fevertree tonic does not help either.

My garden carrots were divine, just a mild french dressing and the carrot flavour is right up there. We shared a silly single chicken in a cream sauce but left us hungry for supper..
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Catherine » August 6th, 2017, 12:08 am

Luca wrote:I've been working hard at eating which isn't as easy as it sounds but over the last few weeks have been eating three meals a day minimum which for those who know me will know is a good achievement.

Way to go Missy
Catherine
Registered

Postby Luca » August 6th, 2017, 6:11 am

Thanks Zosh and Sue. Dam pin right Catherine. You'll see the difference this week when we meet up. Think oysters are in order! :D
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby Herbidacious » August 6th, 2017, 7:37 am

Yesterday. Just toast at 10 then nothing till dinner when I made up for it.
Assorted sheep cheeses with honey and compote of some sort (English translation: sheep honey and jam) follows by cacio e Pepe with fresh truffle. No room for dessert.

I am going to have to stick to light lunches if poss. Husband always wants to eat out twice a day. My appetite isn't what it was but in this post menopausal world my capacity for weight gain is immense.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Catherine » August 6th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Luca wrote:Thanks Zosh and Sue. Dam pin right Catherine. You'll see the difference this week when we meet up. Think oysters are in order! :D

You put me to shame. Will call later
Catherine
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 6th, 2017, 12:43 pm

Just a brief summary really before the onslaught which is the family in about an hour's time.

Friday Lunch Hummous and pitta
Supper Liver and bacon with crush spuds and spinach.
Saturady Lunch the rest of the bacon in a sandwich
Supper a real treat - proper British ploughmans . Pork pie, pickles and chutney and farmhouse Cheddar with apple slices, consumed while watching the box - something we rarely do- with English beer for him and English cider for me, Nostalgia :drool:

Today the remains of last night for lunch
Supper is to be melon and local ham
Pave of beef grrilled on the bbq with a parcel of rosemary potatoes and the GC's request French tinned peas :lol:
Lemon cheese cake and berries or chocolate cake or HM choccy mousse.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 6th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Enjoy the family Rats. Well done Luca! Enjoy the holiday Herb.

We have eaten like kings (and queens) on Slovenia's tiny coast. On Saturday evening we had a light meal of sea bass carpaccio. It was so fresh, it was plucked out of the sea when we ordered it and (slightly disconcertingly), they filleted it and then added the head and tail back onto the plate. I am a bit pathetic in that I don't like seeing what the original of my food looks like so OH put the unnecessary bits on a side plate and the waiter whisked them off.... Had that with just a gorgeous tomato salad.

Yesterday had a bike ride along the coast and then shared smoked tuna carpaccio and 'tris' - the daily starter choose of three bits of seafood. Uber fresh - we had clams, a carpaccio of some sort and prawns. Also shared a salad very similar to a Greek salad. In the evening, we had a sensational meal. Shared the Istrian plate (which was some fabulous cured meats and sheep cheeses and 'assorted tuna' which actually turned out to a fab tuna tartare with a pea purée. OH then had squid stuffed with sausage with polenta and endive (this place is spitting distance from the Italian border) and I had tuna with cubes of tiny beetroot, sweet potato puree and a sauce to die for. To top the evening off, we wandered around and happened upon a little blues band playing in a square so enjoyed a postprandial listening to that. Had to set off for the airport reasonably early and a quick google revealed that the Slovene culinary institute has a restaurant two mins from the airport so have just had a lovely meal there of veal knuckle and grilled veg. Dinner will be at Charles de Gaulle this evening :? Before flying home tomorrow.
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 6th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Gosh, some lovely sounding food on this thread!

We had a picnic in the forest with family yesterday. We took a bacon and chive cornbread loaf, prawn sandwiches, roast veg couscous, fruit salad and...kitkats! There was loads of other food and we had an absolute feast after a very long walk (you know you've done a fair bit when your fitbit congratulates you on your 10,000 steps by lunchtime :lol: )

Eggs and salmon this morning. A pastry at the park cafe after a boat ride on the lake.

Dinner will be a one pan roast with sausages, pattypan squash, rosemary and a variety of other veg which needs using up. Definitely mustard on the side. We're making individual mini baked Alaska's for dessert.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Amber » August 6th, 2017, 8:56 pm

Rats, how do you do your rosemary pots? We've just discovered boulangere pots on the BBQ this year, but some were better than others.
Amber
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 6th, 2017, 8:59 pm

Slice of toast with Marmite
A large scoop of Cherry Almond Gelato from Hackney Gelato :chops:
Jerk chicken a sort of sweet potato gratin and some green beans
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 6th, 2017, 9:17 pm

Breakfast: lemon yoghurt and a cakey tart thing
Elevenses a cream freddo (?) a thick creamy just about drinkable iced coffee ice. Like slightly melted coffee ice cream
Lunch: simple but delicious light lunch at 'home'' in the garden: tomatoes, two types of pecorino , tapenade, green olives, bread and butter
Dinner. Well... panzanelle, ravioli with ricotta and sage, panacotta with fresh blackcurrants in a coulis. V delicious, lovely restaurant and shared a table with a couple with a child who looked like a Leonardo angel. (v well behaved too.)
Herbidacious
Registered

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)t sandwich

Postby EmWilk » August 6th, 2017, 10:35 pm

Amber, the hello fresh box has been good actually but I'm really annoyed as my voucher code was for the first 2 boxes half price but I've been charged full price for the 2nd. Anyway, yes, they've been good for inspiration but couldn't justify paying full price.

The week after the boy was born, we got a gousto one on offer as we knew cooking would be difficult and it meant OH could cook tea other than oven cooked veggie sausage/burger, chips and beans :lol: I remember them being good but 1 week after birth was not my finest moment mentally, so I didn't eat very much of it. An Indonesian long black pepper dish I recall being quite nice though!

Anyway, last night we went out for OH's birthday and, despite only having 5 drinks, I've been unbelievably poorly today. It has NOT been good :sprout:
I did manage to start eating a bit of breakfast of veggie breakfast sandwich before the delayed hangover kicked in. Then nothing until a dominos pizza tonight :oops:

Dare I say... never again?! ;)
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 6th, 2017, 11:53 pm

Oh Em, I have not entirely learnt either !!! Believe me as you get older the harder they are too !!!!

Brekkie was egg and bacon on toast

Lunch was a BBQ nice burger and saus. with fresh from the garden carrot, Wardorf salad, new Pink Fir apples (from the garden) with just a tad of butter, tomato and spring onion salad, and cuc in a mustard dressing (from the GH). When the food was off the BBQ I raised the level and slowly poached a tray of 5 halved green peppers with a peppery steak mince and rice stuffed peppers. We had a half each for supper, very tasty if I say so myself !

Rocks, your Slovenian trip on the food front sounds so healthy and wonderful.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 7th, 2017, 5:23 am

Oh dear Em - poor you!

Well - dinner at Charkes de Gaulle was surprisingly nice - smoked salmon with a rocket and fennel salad followed by a pretty decent steak tartare and chips. Lunch will be on the plane and is unlikely to be very exciting. We get home at about seven BVI time which will be 1 for our body clocks but we will try to ignore that and eat something - I made a chicken chilli before I left.

Happily we don't go back to work until Thursday as there is a three day holiday to commemorate the end of slavery. Tomorrow is the carnival which should be fun.
Rocky
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 7th, 2017, 7:10 am

Breakfast: Fresh orange segments then bite size shredded wheat and a splash of milk

Lunch: Egg mayo sandwich thin

Dinner: Cold roast pork, new potatoes from the garden and salad followed by strawberries and raspberries with creme fraiche
icelesley
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 7th, 2017, 8:00 pm

I did Hello Fresh for a while (and they are still, 18 months later, forever ringing me to try to persuade me to start again in spite of requests to take me off their phone list.) I stopped because: 1) the veggie meals were all very rice and vegetable based. Not enough variety; 2) I don't really like having what I make decided for me. (I decided); 3) I actually struggled to get through it as husband was in Germany most of the time; 4) I didn't feel happy with all the packaging. Tiny amounts of things in plastic; and 5) I often had most of the ingredients in my cupboard anyway.

Today had a delicious lemony custard filled croissant in Trevi. V late lunch at the house: mozzarella and tomatoes with dollops of fresh pesto, olives bread and butter, carrot salad, more pecorino. No dinner as not hungry. I *almost* ordered truffle (as in fungi) ice cream this evening. I suspect it was on offer but not really available: like the iced chocolate with cream drink!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 7th, 2017, 8:56 pm

I was thinking that about the packaging today herb, but the majority is recyclable.

OH went shopping today and planned 3 days of teas despite us getting a hello fresh box with 3 meals in and us already planned to go out for a meal one night this week and OH on lates at the weekend! Never mind, we'll make lunches with everything too.

He'd planned his favourite veggie burgers and wedges tonight but gave Leo mine :lol: so u had the wedges with a fried egg and beans!

Breakfast was bready pastries and lunch was a veggie subway and a cookie.

Carby and beige as ever!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Luca » August 8th, 2017, 6:37 am

Yesterday was quite good quantity wise. Two Poached eggs on Marmite toast for breakfast. Emmental and home grown tomatoes seeded bread sandwich for lunch. A pain au chocolate, selection of almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and hazelnuts as a nibble and grapes.

Off to Borough market for oysters at lunch with Catherine and probably other nibbles. Will pick up something more substantial for supper. Something healthy but calorific. 8-)
Luca
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop