What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Catherine » June 30th, 2017, 1:31 pm

Zosherooney wrote:What I did Catherine, was serve up all the fish but the sauce/juice will have some more uncooked fish added to cook it in it. I have done this before and am still here to tell the fishy tale !!!!

:tu:
Catherine
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » June 30th, 2017, 1:42 pm

Your supper sounds nice Rats........ Now have I got time to get there !!!! :D ;) ;)
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Amber » June 30th, 2017, 9:46 pm

We're on 'use up'.
Tonight I had a rump steak with mustard sauce, from Asda, very cheap and surprisingly delicious :shock: :D , with a wok full of stir-fried veg all to myself :D , red onion, red pepper, large courgette, half a box of mushrooms, two pac choi, together with a random sauce of hoisin, chilli and ginger, and soy. It sounds a mish-mash, but was gorgeous. I bet I can't repeat it...
Amber
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 1st, 2017, 12:57 pm

Zosh, Waited for you but in the end we ate it all up and very good too.

Lunch was avocado, blue cheese and pancetta salad followed by a surprise from Mr R I asked for lemon sorbet and he added a slash of vodka to make a Colonel. Haven't had one for ages :oops: :oops:

Tonight I have a beef pave marinading right now which I'll cook on the griddle then sliced thinly. To be served with courgette spaghetti and cherry tomotoes with pesto. Roast stuufed peach halves afterwards

I'm being taken out for lunch tomorrow.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Rocky » July 1st, 2017, 1:10 pm

Coupe Colonel is my favourite pud. Might see if the shop has any sorbet....

Yesterday was a public holiday here. Went out for lunch and had a bacon and onion omelette with curly fries - I felt like a kid! We were at friends for dinner and had a prawn, chorizo and fennel dish with crusty bread to mop up the juices :chops: Followed by chocolate cake. They have the most delightful jack russell.

I have some prawns so lunch will probably be prawn cocktail. Tonight is quite exciting - the Queen's Baton arrives. It is the commonwealth games equivalent of the Olympic torch and travels to every part of the commonwealth before it is openend at the games in Perth in April. I am on its organising committee so am meeting it at the airport at 7 and there is a bit of reception for it at a very local restaurant on the beach. I have preordered fish of the day with rice n peas.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 2nd, 2017, 2:24 pm

Utterly yummy lunch.

I started with a compressed fresh mackerel with dill and served on a bed of guacamole and a small roquette salad. Mr R had sliced quail salad dessed with a tapenade vinaigrette and poivrade artichokes (I ate thise :oops: )
We both had saddle fo rabbit with confit lemons and a foie gras jus with quenelles of potato puree and girolles

I had a pineapple macaron on a pineapple tartare with white chocolate ice cream and a pinapple mousse and Mr R had local late strawberry with basil syrup and a ginger crumbles.

24E for three courses - an utter bargain. Its one of the few places which doesn't only serve a daily changing lunch menu every day they are open. It was as usual fully booked last week.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 2nd, 2017, 5:19 pm

I had an Alpen cereal bar for breakfast, dined out in style for lunch - Sainsbury's café! Jacket potato with cheese, beans and salad. When it came out it was massive! I couldn't finish it. A nice pot of Earl Grey. If I do get hungry later I will have a toasted sandwich, and will certainly be eaten sliced strawberries with squirty cream. :chops:
I miss my cats
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » July 2nd, 2017, 8:33 pm

Almost another week without updating for some reason.

Tuesday, jacket spud, cheese, beans and salad for lunch.
Tea was beaaaauuutiful melanzane parmigiana (I impressed myself, can you tell?!) with salad and randomly some sweet potato fries.

Wednesday... I can't remember any more lunches so well just go with teas! Veggie burgers topped with crispy seranno ham :lol: and pesto mayo served with pizza fries... ultimate trash.

Thursday was homemade fish finger butty with minty pea puree, chips and salad.

Friday I was in manchester all afternoon with work so afterwards stopped off for an Indian meal with a friend. Nothing overly exciting.

Yesterday... veggie breakfast sandwich of mushrooms, fried egg, hash brown, cheese, mashed avocado and ketchup. I know it sounds revolting but it was really good :oops:
A bit of pasta salad for lunch and some crisps.
Out for cousins 30th at night and there was some nice food... all very beige but just what's required for soaking up cocktails... little skewers of all sorts, various pakoras and other deep fried things :lol:
Several cocktails :cocktail:

Very late start today so just skipped straight to lunch. Veggie sausage sandwich.
I was going to make a nice (and nutritious!) tea for us but OH got sent home from work for being sick (all over himself and the inside of the patrol car :terrified: ) so he's in bed with a bucket and I've only pushed the boat out as far as beans on potato waffles :oops:

I've just re-read the whole post and it's almost all beige. Different colours must be the order of the week!
Last edited by EmWilk on July 2nd, 2017, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby smitch » July 2nd, 2017, 9:07 pm

Had a fab veggie breakfast/brunch in a cafe in the next village. It's pretty touristy there and there are some nice places. We sat by the canal and watched ducks go past. Wandered round for a bit, then had a lovely ice cream.

Tea tonight was cheese toasted on 5 seed sourdough bread from Pollen bakery :drool:
smitch
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 2nd, 2017, 10:23 pm

Your meals all sound so interesting and yummy! I am happy to say Mum bought me a sliced and seeded bloomer loaf earlier which I have transformed into two quite tiny toasties with a peanut butter filling. As usual it has served a meal and then cooled down evening nibbles.
I miss my cats
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » July 3rd, 2017, 12:53 pm

I had bruschette for lunch yesterday plus a little cucumber, yoghurt and basil 'soup'. Last night I had an Indian meal out. It involved my favourite paneer methi malai. I shall smell of the methi for a week. (Literally. It seems to take ages to work its way out my system.) Worth it.

Just now I had the most delicious shakshuka at the Eagle, Farringdon.

eagle.JPG

The tahini worked really well with it.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » July 3rd, 2017, 1:04 pm

Oh I forgot, On Saturday I had no pasta celeriac 'lasagne' with peas and parsley oil at a pub in Crystal Palace. It was really very very nice. (Followed by sticky toffee pudding. Of course :) )
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 3rd, 2017, 1:35 pm

Granola with semi skimmed milk and a dash of cream :o

Celery, Cheese and a droddle of mayo with some crostini and the last 3 dolmades.

Baked chicken thighs with curried vall dall - not even sure it needs rice ????
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » July 3rd, 2017, 4:35 pm

We had a picnic yesterday at Tatton Park for lunch and then dinner in the evening was harissa chicken with a bulghar pilaf with pomegranate, apricot, feta, parsley, chick peas. Plus a tomato and red onion salad.

Toast this morning with rhubarb jam. A local company asked for any excess rhubarb that people had available so we gave them quite a lot. They repaid us in in all sorts of jams and chutneys which was a very nice surprise!

I had my mum, sister, niece and nephew round for lunch and we had lots of nice bits off the deli at Booths. That place makes me want to buy everything. There's enough leftovers for lunches for the next few days too.

I'm currently cooking a ragu which smells pretty good. Lilia think so anyway and keeps wandering in telling me it must be ready now :D
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Seatallan » July 3rd, 2017, 5:14 pm

Sounds lovely OMCO! I do like Booths by the way. We use the one in Carnforth fairly regularly when en route Up North.
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Catherine » July 4th, 2017, 9:30 am

Zosherooney wrote:Baked chicken thighs with curried vall dall - not even sure it needs rice ????

I wouldn't but expect some people would want rice or maybe a chapatti?
Catherine
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » July 4th, 2017, 7:22 pm

Seatallan wrote:Sounds lovely OMCO! I do like Booths by the way. We use the one in Carnforth fairly regularly when en route Up North.

Don't think I've visited that one! Our nearest is Knutsford but we use the one in Windermere when we're in the area too.

Local produce market maple and bacon pancake for breakfast with some strawberries afterwards. Lunch was a smoked turkey sandwich with hot stuffing, coleslaw and watercress. Sounds an odd combo but it was gorgeous.

Apple mid afternoon.

Watercress soup and a bacon sandwich for dinner. Very nice.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » July 5th, 2017, 9:45 am

Breakfast was a big bowl of fruit salad, strawberries, blackberries and peachs with Greek yoghurt and flaked almonds.

Lunch is on the go today, so bought a Pret pesto chicken salad. Although pricey, but I think Prets salads are some of he best shop bought ones going.

I've got a pork chop marinating in gochuang, garlic and soy. Later I'll stir fry a big wokful of spring greens and tender stem broccoli with noodles to have with it.
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » July 5th, 2017, 10:06 am

Your dinner sounds lovely pkc.

We're having something similar as we have broccoli, big fat spring onions and mushrooms to use up. I'll buy a big steak later and it will be the base for some kind of noodle dish.

Cereal for breakfast. I'll use the last of the deli stuff for lunch...salad, pasta salad, smoked turkey and probably a flat peach afterwards as they're starting to look a little wrinkly.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 5th, 2017, 10:32 am

Catherine, forgot to add we made Maj. Jaffreys Roti and had those.

Mr. Z. had fresh raspberries from the garden on toast with greek yoghurt. I had naughty granola !

BBQ around 2pm, mine with butternut squash and sweet potato and courgettes (BBQ'd) Mr. Z wants salad.

Probably a salami sarnie later.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby EmWilk » July 5th, 2017, 10:24 pm

Monday, pizza... boring!
Tuesday, salmon topped with pesto and cream cheese, mashed potato and sauteed courgette/green beans/cherry toms/garlic.
Today, I had a veggie breakfast for tea using a leftover veggie sausage, leftover hash brown, leftover beans and I fried some mushrooms and an egg. Very beige still but a nice change.
Found a decent place for lunches but it's in the town centre and i never have the time so as long as i can get someone (with more time!) to collect for me, I'm all good! Had a beautiful ham and chutney sandwich and homemade soup the last 2 days :tu:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 6th, 2017, 7:32 am

A mug of granola for brekkie

Lunch will be eggy cheesey bake that needs finishing up

Supper the last of the W'rose gammon with cheese & leek with crumbs on top.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » July 6th, 2017, 8:36 am

Zosh I've not had gammon in ages, I really fancy that now.

Cereal for breakfast.

Lunch will be a ham, cheese and chillililli sandwich. The spicy piccalilliy is part of the Hawkshead range and they're usually pretty good.

I've got some pork belly sat in a garlic, schezuan pepper, herb and salt rub at home. MIL said she'd put it in a low oven mid afternoon for me so it should be perfectly cooked and ready to shred apart by the time we're ready to eat. I have no idea how we're serving it though! I might make some flatbreads and serve it with pickled cabbage and chopped lettuce. Or with nasi goreng rice or some sesame noodles with stir fried veg. Feel free to help me decide please!
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 6th, 2017, 9:09 am

I made a huge fruit salad yesterday. It will keep us happy for a few days I hope.

Lunch yesterday was a cheesy croissant filled with scrambles egg and smoked salmon.

Supper was veal Milanaise with fresh noodles and hm tomato sauce and spinach on the side

Breakfast was fruit(and yogurt for Mr R)

Lunch is to be humus with confit lemons (new in the supermarket yesterday) in pitta breads with lettuce, cherry toms and cucumber.

I had planned a trad quiche Lorraine with salad for supper but all Suffs talk of salade Nicouse has made me waver.
I'm just off downstairs to make some shortbread to go with summery type puds and ice cream.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby icelesley » July 6th, 2017, 9:56 am

Breakfast: bitesize shredded wheat and milk

Lunch: Ham sandwich thin and a small bag of crisps and a pear

Dinner: macaroni cheese with leeks in it, steamed tenderstem broccoli and bacon followed by a fruit yoghurt
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby icelesley » July 7th, 2017, 8:56 am

Breakfast: Bacon on toast

Lunch: toasted Cheese & Onion sandwich thin

Dinner:fish pie and mixed veg followed by a fruit yoghurt
icelesley
Registered

Postby Rocky » July 7th, 2017, 11:02 am

Some lovely sounding food! Haven't updated all week. Crazy busy at work. Monday was a reception for the Queen's Baton (I got to be one of the baton bearers - quite cool to think it will start the commonwealth games in Aus in April). Dinner ended up being canapés. I had quite a few bacon wrapped dates, mini patatas bravas and some chicken skewers. Was starving on Tuesday. Had sausages cooked with white wine and mustard for dinner. Wednesday was chicken added to a tray of roasting fennel and bacon near the end. Last night was a dish from Leith's Fish Bible which was swordfish with bacon, mushrooms, anchovies and artichoke bottoms cooked in red wine. Really delicious. Waiting to hear whether we have to entertain this evening. If we do, the potential guests have asked for saku tuna so need to get my thinking cap on....
Rocky
Registered

Postby Luca » July 8th, 2017, 1:29 pm

That is wonderful Rocky. You should be very proud.

It's time for me to get back on track food wise having completely lost any motivation to eat regularly. Time to step back and get control and cut back on excessive work hours. Oh the joys of being a freelance contractor nowadays! So in an effort to do this....

Started the day with mint green tea. I then made a traditional French omelette for breakfast and had it with a glass of orange juice. Lunch was Piedmontese pepper with melon to follow. I have cheese and nuts to nibble plus fresh strawberries. Not sure about supper but likely to be buffalo mozzarella, another pepper, chorizo and salad. I also have a chilled vichyssoise in the fridge which I will have a few glasses of. I've also been advised to eat some squares of dark chocolate every day so have that too bit will probably have it later with an espresso.
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby Rocky » July 9th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Ooh - haven't had Vichyssoise for ages. Sounds delicious.

We are trying to eat through the freezer as we are going away for three weeks on Saturday (and are beyond excited I should add :bounce: ). There were a few tuna steaks so I marinated them in soy, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. We had some leftover rice so I made some fried rice, Ginger brocoli and the tuna seared and sliced. It was rather nice.

We are out on a boating day today so lunch will be on an island somewhere. Possibly a chicken roti or fish of some sort. I have some meatballs in the freezer so will see what I can be bothered to do with them later.

Happy Sunday everyone.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 10th, 2017, 9:24 am

Saturday, as you may have read was a total disaster thanks to a so called chef/caterer who didn't seem to be either so we ended up at midnight eating rillettes, humus and goats cheese and drinking cognac.

Yesterday Mr R had yogurt and berries for breakfast Lunch was melon and local ham followed by fruit cake made on Friday.

Friends round for supper of soupe au pistou, grilled prawns and fallafels meant for the veggies. Pud was a white peach and Amaretti clafoutis( no wheat flour involved for the gluten intolerant one.

Today we had melon and peaches for breakfast and will have the rest of the soupe for lunch
Supper is to be a slow roast shoulder of lamb. I'm cooking it for 5 hours in a very low oven. Garlicky green beans and garden potatoes. HM apricot mousse chilling in the fridge right now.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby EmWilk » July 10th, 2017, 12:39 pm

Goodness, that doesn't sound good Rats. What happened, have I missed it?

Generally terrible eating over the weekend which is traditional for the birthday :lol:

Thursday night was indian takeaway.
Friday, we went out for a meal at night to a South American(?) type place. I swerved the oysters and champagne but had a kind of smoky chilli starter and traditional southern fried chicken with white gravy, bbq beans, etc for main with plenty of toasted American lager. Several cocktails :cocktail:

Saturday was my actual birthday and OH brought me greasy-ish breakfast in bed and then sat right next to me watching like a hawk and whinging about the crumbs :lol:
We shared an amazing masala dosa and samosa chaat for lunch.
Sister and BIL came round at night and we had a fajita night with a bit of prosecco and cake!

Yesterday, we went out for an Italian meal for lunch. I say Italian, it was the type of Italian that we get over here ;) garlic breads; prosciutto, avocado and mozzarella salad; pizza... All shared by Leo.
In the evening I grazed on a bit of chocolate and some halloumi & courgette giant couscous salad thing which I made for OH's lunch.

Today, I am off on my own... day to myself - very rare! So I dropped Leo off at nursery and went to Starbucks for a coffee and croissant while I made a list of everything I have to do.
Lunch has been one of my favourite things... butter pie, peas and gravy from the local bakers. Well, it's not often I'm round this way during the day!
Debating tea... really don't know what to have even though we have a freezer full of meat. A list for the week is required!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 10th, 2017, 2:15 pm

I had a peach and an apricot Mr. Z. had fired egg on toast.

Mr. Z. had the marinated octopus I did at the w/e and I had a small amount of bite sized HM saus. rolls with toms and cuc.

Supper is meatballs (HM) with a veg/tom sauce and sketti. I will have gnocchi.

Em. my DG is full to bursting and I need to STOP SHOPPING !!!! And get prepping....... then EATING.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 10th, 2017, 5:38 pm

Breakfast was my last egg fried in a sandwich with ketchup.

Lunch Sainsbury's cafe open mushroom and spinach pie with jacket potato and salad, followed by vanilla ice cream sandwich.

I am so full this evening will be fruit, including delicious Shiraz. :chops:
I miss my cats
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » July 10th, 2017, 9:39 pm

We had quite a feast in the end... I went shopping at a couple of ethnic food shops and got loads of goodies which inspired me.

We had mushroom black bean with egg fried rice, a few pork and chive dumplings (which I bought and wanted to try) and prawn crackers.

I've also made packed lunches for tomorrow and am looking forward to it already... chicken skewers marinaded in soy, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha and chopped coriander; summer rolls filled with carrot, cucumber, chilli, spring onion, coriander and pickled ginger; noodles dressed in soy, chilli oil and sesame; prawn crackers and bbq crackers plus a load of fruit, seeds, nuts, etc. :hungry:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » July 10th, 2017, 9:45 pm

Happy birthday Emma! Hope you had a great day.

We've been away this weekend. We hired a barn in Aberdaron in Wales with my sister, BIL, niece and nephew and had a brilliant time having bbq's, lazing in the gardens and playing on the beach.

We had a nice lunch at Ty Coch in Nefyn. It's a beautiful little bay but you can tell the beach becomes an extension of the pub in the evening! Also had a lovely dinner one night of bbq'd pork and lamb kebabs in pittas with mint yoghurt, humous, falafel and salads. Plus lots of ice creams. We took fizz, beers and hot dogs down to the beach one evening too which was lovely.

Back tonight so we made a stir fried pork dish with tenderstem broccoli and glass noodles. A square of good chocolate afterwards.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Rocky » July 11th, 2017, 1:06 am

EmWilk - sounds like a lovely birthday and OMCO equally a fab weekend. Our day boating yesterday was absolutely lovely but quite a bit more boozy than we are used to. We have a drink most days but it is A drink and we rarely ever have more. I had made hummus and some crisp breads which people consipumed enthusiastically after a few drinks. Then we went for lunch. I decided ballast was important so had a (rare choice for me) burger and it was amazing. Beautiful bun, hand made etc. had a few glasses of prosecco afterwards and we were both crushed after that.

We have just had a really lovely random veggie curry. A bit of Thai red paste, some balti paste and some additional spices. Completely unauthentic but nice..
Rocky
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 11th, 2017, 6:16 am

All this lovely sounding food and I have only just woken up and am now starving !!!

In reverse order..... I have some chicken marinading in the fridge so will have that with some sort of carb. Maybe a stirfry of veg.

Lunch will be a saus. Mediterranean wrap for me and Mr. Z. can have a couple of slices of jalepino and cheese focciaccia with some salad and peppered beef.

brekkie peaches and yoghurt.

Rocks, I really envy you your boaty Mcboatface picnics..... All we have tomorrow is a riverbank, if I can find one that is not on private land !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » July 12th, 2017, 8:56 am

OH was away for work yesterday so I made a mini lasagne for us with some salad. Shared a mango afterwards.

I had a pastry this morning and lunch will involve some lightly smoked salmon flakes. I might make an omelette or a salad with them.

I'm attempting home made chicken kievs this evening. I can't remember making my own before. Probably with sautéed potatoes and a medley of asparagus, peas and green beans.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 12th, 2017, 9:32 am

Haven't posted for ages
I cooked a lovely half shoulder of spring lamb on Sunday, so I've been eating that
One portion left for tomorrow
Today I've had toast and marmalade, I made the base fro piperade/shakshuka yesterday so I'll have that for lunch and freeze several portions of the stew part.
Supper will be a halloumi burger with salad usually I put a giant mushromm in it but today I will have a slice of grilled aubergine, and there will be extra aubergine to make something to go with the lamb tomorrow
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby icelesley » July 12th, 2017, 2:36 pm

Breakfast: Fresh orange segments the bite size shredded wheat an milk

Lunch: Turkey salad sandwich thin

Dinner: I have veggies to use up so will make a savoury rice type thing served with steamed tenderstem broccoli and cubed pork steak in sweet chilli sauce followed by fruity yoghurt
icelesley
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » July 12th, 2017, 3:12 pm

On Monday , I made a cauliflower and green bean curry , and used up the leftover roast potatoes . Served it with brown rice instead of my usual basmati/long grain and a kind of raita. To be honest it was a lot of diced cucumber and mint, with just a little yoghurt to bind it together and lots of black pepper.

Last night I made some homemade potato wedges coated in garlic granules and paprika roasted , topped with some baked beans I added chopped onions and chillies too, then topped with grated cheese and jalapeños. Homemade pub grub.

Today dinner is going to stuffed aubergine. I might roast it, scrape the middle out and mixed with tomatoes, olives and garlic then restuff, top with cheese and bake. Not sure what to serve it with though
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 12th, 2017, 6:28 pm

Like SueI had left-over lamb shoulder to use from Monday.

Yesterday lunch was a cheese ham and tomato toastie and peaches
Last night I went back to my NE roots and made a pan haggerty, Layers of sliced potato, onion and lamb in a saute pan and cooked over a low heat until potatoes are soft and the bottom is crisp and brown - then plate over top and turned out and served with gravy and steamed broccoli. Faiselle with raspberries afterwards.

Missed out on our coffee and croissants this orning because of madness and delays at the supermarket.
Lunch was jambon persilee potato salad and coeslaw with wtaermelon afterwards.
Tonight tortellini and Italian cheese sauce (bought :evil: ) with green salad and then something fruity probably peaches and melon.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 12th, 2017, 10:04 pm

Didn't have my burger, hadn't worked out this would require eating at 5.30
Had a packet of smokey chilli crisps and have just had cheese and crackers
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » July 13th, 2017, 8:39 am

Cereal for breakfast. My friend who I get the train with forced me to go for a pre-work coffee and pastry with her too.

OH has made me lunch. I think it's a chicken, chipotle mayo and spring onion sandwich.

Dinner will be a Jamie O dish that we've not made for ages. You tuck flour tortilla wraps inside oven proof bowls/dishes and bake for 5-10 minutes until they've started to crisp and retain their bowl shape when you take them out of the bowl/dish. We fill them with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, griddled corn, spring onions, guacamole, salsa, grated cheddar for example and usually some flash fried strips of paprika and garlic pork or prawns to scatter on top with some coriander and a squeeze of lime juice. Looking forward to it!

I'm also going to have a go at planting the avocado stones once we've made the guacamole. I read a piece in a magazine at the weekend which described the best way to do it (involving cocktail sticks and egg cups) so i'll give it a go! I know it can take many years to produce fruit but I'm hoping for a nice plant in the meantime.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Catherine » July 13th, 2017, 11:10 am

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:My friend who I get the train with forced me to go for a pre-work coffee and pastry with her too

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
Catherine
Registered

Postby icelesley » July 13th, 2017, 11:41 am

Breakfast: Fresh orange segments the bite size shredded wheat and milk

Lunch Was going to be a ham salad sandwich thin but I fancy a ham and cheese toasty.

Dinner: Griddled Tuna steak and salad followed by a fruit yoghurt
icelesley
Registered

Postby smitch » July 13th, 2017, 12:04 pm

Had a lovely raspberry and almond pastry from Pollen bakery for breakfast. Dinner has just been bibimbap from the Korean place near my office :chops:

Not sure about tea. My OH is going for a late dinner/early tea with his team to Bundobust, so he won't want anything. I might get some mushrooms and toast some of the lovely sourdough I picked up at Pollen this morning. Or I might just go to Bundobust and have something myself after I finish work :lol:
smitch
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 13th, 2017, 12:37 pm

Yogurt and berries, or just berries for us for breakfast.

Rilettes, salads and fresh bread for lunch followed by some fruit cake.

The rest of the lamb made into a moussaka already made for supper so I can watch the tennis. I've even cooked the rice ready to go with it. Dessert is either creme brulee or lemon sorbet which may pass by a vodka bottle on the way,
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 13th, 2017, 12:41 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:I'm also going to have a go at planting the avocado stones once we've made the guacamole. I read a piece in a magazine at the weekend which described the best way to do it (involving cocktail sticks and egg cups)

I don't know about the best way but it works, and it's fun to see the stone in action
I've always used a jam jar rather than an egg cup, so you can see the roots growing down and it holds enough water to last all day like a hyacinth in one of the special vases.
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 13th, 2017, 12:46 pm

I've done much the same Sue and grown one in a hyacinth vase.
Ratatouille
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop