What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 28th, 2018, 8:00 pm

Myself and the 3 school friends had the Sunday Roast at Blanc's Brasserie in Ruislip today. 3 of us chose the beef (very tender and pink) while the 4th had confit of duck ... all declared delicious. We had mixed feelings about dessert though; I had marmalade and lemon posset, (delicious) another had a chocolate torte (a bit over cooked) ... both of these were from the set menu at £3.50 each. She who had the duck decided to have a Pistachio and chocolate soufflé that we all tasted and declared sublime (£6.95) while the 4th friend chose just vanilla icecream but surprised to be charged £5.95 for it !!! :( :shock:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Rocky » January 28th, 2018, 9:38 pm

Sounds delicious Pats.

Yesterday had West Indian chicken curry for lunch. So spicy it made the insides of my ears burn :chops: Dinner was meatballs in a spicy tomato sauce - with pasta for OH and veg for me. Another long run this morning and then a burger for lunch. Dinner is going to be Thai green curry with pork and veg. I also have a pot of the burnt aubergine veggie chili on to cook for tomorrow's dinner.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 28th, 2018, 10:24 pm

brown bread and posh,very delicious Cornish butter and apricot jam
shared tapas for lunch: escalivada, selection of cheeses and membrillo, beetroot and blue cheese salad, feta and spinach filo rolls
later on I had a scone with strawberry jam and clotted cream
dinner was homegrown shitake mushrooms in a soured cream, smoked paprika and garlic sauce (yum!) then a dulce de leche eclaire.
I am conscious that I have consumed rather a lot of cream (and sugar) today
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 28th, 2018, 10:33 pm

Haven't bothered to post while I had a,cold and couldn't taste anything
Last night was a delayed New Year celebration . Several people ate onion tart, lamb and beans or chicken and fennel stews, mash and veg, Claudia Roden's oramge and almond cake, cheeses. Plus Rioja :D

Brunch today was bacon, egg, and a massive tomato on a slice of toast
Supper was fusilli puttanesca with a salad followed by an excessively large slice of quince cheese for dessert :chops:
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 29th, 2018, 12:06 am

Saturday morning, I had a piece of toast and lots of tea.
Later I had the pack of emergency sipernoodles from the cupboard. Really grim but scoffed all the same!
Tea, we ordered pizza but I only had half of mine.

Today, porridge and pear.
Lunch was an open sandwich with cream cheese, salad and ham.
Tea has been indian spiced chicken served with little baked sweet potatoes, parsnips, peas, a chickpea and onion curry and mint raita.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 29th, 2018, 10:07 am

Sounds good Pat but I think i would havee questioned the charge for the ice cream.

I love that cake Sue and make it quite often,

Saturday we had HM hummus with some confit lemons included and pitta bread
Chicken liver gougerre and a mixed leaf salad for supper followed by the ill-fated mousses with the hidden cocnut.

Yesterday I made lunch for our friends.
Smoked eel and balsamic beetroot with horseradish cream on rye bread
Slow roast shoulder of lamb cooked on a bed of sliced potatoes, whole garlic cloves and rosemary served with garlic green beans.
Cheese including Roquefort, langioule and Basque brebis.
Crepes Suzette for dessert.

Supper was a piece of sherry almond cake and some cheese

I'm just off to make French onion soup for lunch
Supper will use the rest of the lamb turned into moussaka with rice and pears in red wine afterwards.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 29th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Boring food today... alpen light bar.
Chicken salad and a bit of leftover chickpea curry.
Had a cream cracker with cream cheese earlier with the youngster.
Tea is late... fried egg, baked flat mushroom and tomatoes, sw chips. Sounds like it's missing a steak when you type it out but I'm actually enjoying it!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 29th, 2018, 9:14 pm

EmWilk wrote:Boring food today... alpen light bar.
Chicken salad and a bit of leftover chickpea curry.
Had a cream cracker with cream cheese earlier with the youngster.
Tea is late... fried egg, baked flat mushroom and tomatoes, sw chips. Sounds like it's missing a steak when you type it out but I'm actually enjoying it!

That's only a boring day to you. I think it sounds quite nice. I guess its the same as looking in other peoples fridges. They always seem more exciting than your own
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 29th, 2018, 9:18 pm

Breakfast tea and kittens. :lol:

Lunch me and mum shared a Sainsbury's hot veggie sausage baguette and a bowl chips.

Dinner, I had some leftover egg curry sauce so tray baked some mini chicken fillets, three new potatoes and mixed with the sauce.

Dessert was low fat yoghurt and grapefruit segments and now chomping celery sticks.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 29th, 2018, 10:05 pm

Breakfast poaced egg on Marmite toast
Clementine
Leek and potato soup, cheese and crackers
Lamb cutlets (spiced) with mashed swede, green beans, broccoli, some chutney
Bit of dark chocolate
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 30th, 2018, 2:11 pm

Last Lady Grey teabag brewed with lemon juice and a mocha late morning.

Lunch some lovely crusty white bread, Cheddar and coleslaw and a cream of vegetable cuppa soup.

Tonight the remaining coleslaw will be served with lasagne.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 30th, 2018, 10:41 pm

Thanks Catherine, it actually sounds pretty appetizing now compared to today :lol:

Was so busy prepping for a companywide meeting that I didn't have anything except a tangerines and some sweets on the table til I got out at 5:30. I then troughed a veggie subway that I'd bought at lunch but never ate.

Been sat with my mum for hours tonight talking about my grandad and just stuff in general so I realised at 10pm that I was a bit peckish and made a small pan fry type dish of spring onion, mushroom, shredded ham, cherry toms and a fried egg. All with a piece of toast. Not bad actually!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 31st, 2018, 11:13 am

Just catching up... i'm so sorry about your granddad, Emma, I hope you're ok :hug:

On Monday we had soft taco shells filled with leftover chicken from Sunday's roast along with sauteed peppers/mushrooms/cajun seasoning, plus salad, a bowl of spicy lime, coriander, chopped spring onion smashed black beans, guacamole, salsa and grated cheddar.

Last night was a soup made with stock from the chicken, with pancetta, kale, potato, leeks and cream.

Lunch today will be cheeseboard leftovers toasties. So I think it's stilton, brie and a mature cheddar, plus chutney.

Tonight we're having burgers from the butchers in a brioche bun with various toppings for people to add to their own. Plus probably a few homemade thick wedges and a side salad.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » January 31st, 2018, 6:13 pm

I'm in Gran Canaria so yesterday's lunch was goat and chickpea stew.
And it was amazing.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 31st, 2018, 11:08 pm

Thanks Emma, I'll be fine. Your tacos sound superb!

This is a funny tale. Ages ago I was talking to my grandma and grandad about where they get fish from as I don't always manage to get into town on a Saturday to the market. Grandad said his mate up the road has a fish man come round and that he'd get him to come round. Well, we tried calling his mate, tried calling the fish man, backwards and forwards, backwards and forwards... in the end I couldn't be bothered but my grandad said every time I saw him "Oh, let me ring Toby and find out when the fish man will be back". Anyway, lo and behold whilst I'm sat at home sobbing away about grandad on Sunday, a fish man turns up at he door! I said "has somebody sent you?" And he said that no one had and that he was just in the area and knocked on by chance :o strange eh?!

Anyway, the point being, today was the delivery day and we had a massive (massive!) fish finger each with chips, peas and sweetcorn. And ketchup, obviously! All 3 of us thoroughly enjoyed our tea tonight! We didn't just buy fish fingers by the way :lol:

The rest of the day has been less than ideal. Meeting venue again but because there were so many people it was a very beige buffet... stodgy, cheesy quiche, cheesy cardboardy pizza, butties, wedges, chicken drumsticks and coleslaw for salad :D It's a funny old place, I dont know why we've started going there! Still, it's nice to be fed.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 1st, 2018, 9:55 am

What a coincidence that he turned up like that Emma!

We have a seafood van which comes to our village twice a week. He has a spot in the centre where he parks for a couple of hours or will deliver to your door if you pre-order. It's convenient if we're not going past the fishmongers in the next town. Have you been to the big fish market in the Arndale centre? Great selection there. Last time I went in a crab escaped and was scuttling out towards Market Street. The staff managed to catch it but I was secretly egging it on :D

We've got a few things on tonight so dinner will have to be quick. I've defrosted some chicken mini fillets and will probably quickly fry them with some chorizo, peppers, onions, tomatoes, cajun seasoning etc and serve it with an emergency packet of uncle bens Mexican microwave rice. Finished off with fresh herbs and a squeeze of lemon juice it should be ok. I think there is some salsa in the fridge if we decide it's missing something.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 1st, 2018, 10:10 am

The lamb for the moussaka stretche for supper on Tuesday to enough to make individual shepherd's pies which we had with fresh beetroot, For supper we had a French-style rice pudding and a rhubarb compote.

Yesterday breakfast was our usual after shopping coffee and croissants, Lunch was the rest of the hummus I made at the weekend.
Supper last night was calves' liver and bacon with onion gravy, cauliflower with cheese and cream and rosti potatoes. Yesterday's rice was turned into a parfait for pudding.

Porridge for the breakfast eater
Lunch is to be bacon sandwiches because I thawed a packet to have some with the liver and it simply must be used :bounce:
I've been asked for mince and dumplings tonight because the weather is so miserable veg TBA!
Something with pears afterwards.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 1st, 2018, 8:20 pm

I've not ventured to Manchester for ages Emma. I've got a list of places I want to eat and visit that's so long that next time I go, I think it'll have to be for a week :lol:

Today has been slightly better. Not necessarily healthy, but at least proper-ish food.

I had a bacon roll and coffee this morning which was lovely.
Pasta and tomatoey sauce for lunch.
Tea has been a slow cooked Chinese style shin of beef dish with noodles and loads of veg.

I'm working from home tomorrow and although I will still be doing loads, I think I'm going to plan in plenty of breaks for some nice food, take it easy and play about with the little fella too. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have worked as hard or as much as I have this week following the bad news I had. I think it's caught up with me a bit. OH is off this weekend too which is a rarity so tomorrow, I will wind down into it!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 1st, 2018, 9:47 pm

nuts and dried fruit this morning
a vegetarian 'naked burrito' i.e. the filling in a box for lunch
dinner: purple sprouting broccoli that needed eating pronto so I steamed it, then tossed it in some butter and creme fraiche, added garlic seasoning, smoked paprika, some milled chipotle, and sprinkled with grated cheddar. In the oven to melt the fatty things (!) then topped with chilli and coriander breadcrumbs and back in the over for a few minutes. It was quite nice apart from some of the psb being a bit woody. And then I succumbed to a scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam. oh dear... and I had resisted sweet things all day today and yesterday. The scone was not the freshest, it has to be said. But gave me a memory of my mother's thrifty dessert using slightly stale homemade scones warmed up in the oven with golden syrup. Don't try it at home folks (not that great.)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » February 1st, 2018, 10:40 pm

Oh Em - look after yourself. Easy to understimate the effects of tough times!

Tuesday was the barbecue place again (for work :( )and I had prawns which were :chops: . Someone else had jerk pork which was amazing so next time...

Last night friends brought over a lasagne as they don't have an oven post storm so I made some canapés and some salad and a very jolly evening was had! This evening we are meeting more friends out but only 2 mins from the house. Fancy fish...
Last edited by Rocky on February 2nd, 2018, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » February 1st, 2018, 11:10 pm

We had paella.
I know the Spanish eat it only at lunchtime but it was on the menu and it was delicious.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 2nd, 2018, 8:08 am

Sorry you are still ill Em.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 3rd, 2018, 12:52 pm

Yesterday, I had veggie sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes and toast for breakfast.
Lunch was leftover Chinese style beef, veg and noodles.
Tea was salmon with more veg and noodles.
Then too much chocolate and crisps :oops:

Today, I had veggie sausage, egg and mushroom on toast.
Will have leftover salmon and noodles for lunch.
Going to my cousins tonight to collate some photos of grandad and she said she'll make curry or chilli so that will be tea.

I'm already thinking of the other half (almost :oops: ) chocolate bar left from last night!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » February 3rd, 2018, 12:57 pm

On Thursday I ended up having coconut shrimp and then a sort of chicken schnitzel. Yesterday was a very boring salad at work. Then over to friends for dinner which was barbecued steak, shrimp and slices of veggies and then two sorts of watermelon - had no idea there was a yellow version!

We are off boating today. I have made some dips so that might be lunch if we don't find somewhere for lunch. Unfortunately most of the little beachy places haven't yet been rebuilt. I have taken hot Italian pasta sauce out of the freezer (having been without a fridge for so long that is quite exciting to write :bounce: ) so that will be dinner. Or takeaway noodles....
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 3rd, 2018, 1:57 pm

Rocky it must feel so good to be getting longed for appliances working again.

Em take care and have a lovely weekend.

Yesterday lunch was a favourite salad. Avocado, blue cheese and crispy pancetta on dressed leaves.
Supper was HM fish cakes and parsley sauce with minted pea puree followed by cherry filled pancakes - because it was pancake day!

Today toast and peanut butter after the market.
Lunch was accras - salt cod fritters with a spicy dip, then cheeese and an apple.
Supper is my friends birthday party. As another friend and i have catered I know that is to be
Carrot and coriander veloute with escabeche mussel garnish.
Saddle of rabbit - I don;t know how cooked
Cheese
Raspberry trifle.

There is a pot au feu simmering on the hob for tomorrow - and the next day and possibly the next :bounce: :bounce:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Rocky » February 3rd, 2018, 11:22 pm

Thank you Rats. It absolutely is. I will never again take flicking a light switch for granted. Frightening to think next hurricane season is 4 months away and 70 percent of houses here still have tarps as a roof :(

I would love to try your salt cod fritters - we had some out today and they were delicious. Shared those and ish tacos made with mahi. Lovely but constructed in such a way that it was hard to have a bit of everything in each mouthful

I am just cooking the Italian sausage pasta sauce which OH is having with tortellini and I am having roasted veg.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 3rd, 2018, 11:57 pm

Rocks, Mr.Z. is with you, tricity has been the greatest invention ever ! Someone else said the computer, Mr. Z. said so how would it work without tricity ?

Anyway, our special local bacon (and egg for him) for brekkie, I just had bacon on toast with ketchup.

Lunch was quiche Slaw and remoulade, choc & pear tart for him with greek yog. I had an apple tart with a slice of goats cheese.

Supper was one of our chapatis each with a mix of bits of left over gubbins and a bit of spice and pumpkin puree. Sounds odd but it tasted fine. I was trying to prove that mixed spice can be used in savoury cooking and it did work.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby icelesley » February 4th, 2018, 8:15 am

Breakfast: Toast
Lunch: soup
Dinner: Roast chicken dinner followed b strawberries and cream
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 4th, 2018, 1:36 pm

Strawberries Ice?? I just can't imagine them in February. Raspberries yes because they freeze well,

We had our pot au feu at lunch time with some fresh vegetables plus lots of mustard, capers and gherkins, I had the marrow from the bone on some toasted baguette. Mr R just doesn't know what he missed. :drool:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 4th, 2018, 8:34 pm

While at my mother's over the weekend I constructed a thing from ready prepared potato ? (I am turning into my mother: little cubes that were roasted with herby butter), smoky Quorn 'bacon' and gruyere. That lasted me for two meals, amazingly. I also had some bought trifle. More than I often eat in 24 hours when I'm there.
Back home we ordered home delivery sour dough pizza: buffalo mozarella margarita, and a porcini with truffle oil non-tomato one. V tasty, if a bit cold.
Lunch out today was grilled/fried polenta with stir fried mushrooms (possibly from a jar) and gremolata. The vegetarian options seem to be being replaced by vegan ones at the moment, which while I approve of vegan options, I am irritated that it seems that places can only accommodate one 'weird/faddish/alternative' diet, as they no doubt see it. I suppose in some instances - supermarkets primarily - it's making them be slightly more adventurous than they ever were with vegetarian ready meals/sandwiches etc.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » February 4th, 2018, 9:56 pm

I agree Zosh - but then extraordinary to think we managed to live without any at all for months on end...

We met a friend for lunch at the place does amazing West Indian chicken curry so I had that, the others had various eggs Benedict variations. I have just nipped to the local 'corner' shop for something for dinner. Having come back with chicken thighs OH is requesting chicken curry. That will be twice in one day then :D
Rocky
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 4th, 2018, 11:29 pm

Men !!

I am mentally still enjoying our lunch today, it was a really good tasty pork shoulder chop. So much better than anything you can get at the supermarket. Good news is, there is a spare one for Mr. Z. for another meal :tu:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » February 5th, 2018, 12:03 am

Yesterday I went to a BBQ. Padrón peppers, grilled aubergines with balsamic glaze, chistorras ( chipolata-sized spicy Basque sausages), courgette "spaghetti" with tomato sauce, roasted Colombian potatoes - and of course, piles of meat ( which I don´t eat). DEElish!
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby smitch » February 5th, 2018, 9:59 am

Had a very busy weekend so not very exciting food. Friday we went out for drinks after work to celebrate the end of a miserable week, so tea was pasta & pesto with some broccoli chucked in to make it vaguely healthy.

Saturday, we had veggie sausage sandwiches with sourdough bread for breakfast. No dinner, we ate breakfast quite late. Finally got our new fridge delivered, so nice to have cold food again :bounce: Tea was Korean-ish fried rice with kimchi and gochujang and loads of veg, plus tofu in a Korean BBQ sauce :chops: Went to an amazing gig on Friday night, Will Varley at the Students' Union so it was a very late night.

Was shattered on Sunday morning, skipped breakfast and dinner was cheese with sourdough bread and pickles. We weren't very hungry in the evening so tea was a jacket spud before going to watch Richard Hawley at Bury Met for Independent Venues Week. At least that wasn't such a late night, although I'm tired today still.

This morning, I've had a veggie sausage sandwich and coffee from the cafe in the building I work in. No idea about dinner and tea will be something quick after picking up a sickly rat from the vets :( . They had no appointments this morning so we just had to drop her off on our way into work.
smitch
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 5th, 2018, 10:28 am

I ended up having a couple of veggie sausages last night. 'Shroom dogs' I think they called them. From the vegetable section of Sainsbury's (along side the 'cauliflower 'steaks' and caulirice, crinkle butternut squash chips and other overpriced items ;) ) They were quite nice. Slightly odd texture. Very peppery. I assume they were vegan.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 6th, 2018, 12:34 am

Rocky, the 2 curries in one day sounds perfect to me!

Loving the sound of a lot of the veggie food too... we seem to be on a veggie flex at the moment, probably a few too many meat substitute based meals... blame the supermarket offers :D

Saturday it was Mexican night at my cousins which was nice.

Sunday I had porridge and pear for breakfast.
Leftover Chinese beef with whilegrain rice and loads of peas for lunch. And some choc cake :oops:
Tea was quorn southern fried style nuggets, chips and bbq beans :drool:

Today, overnight oats with cherry yoghurt and Apple for breakfast. Unimpressed considering the rave reviews they get?!
Lunch was a jacket, beans and salad.
Tea has been pasta with roasted veg, tomato and veggie sausage sauce. OH roasted the veg and used about 8 cloves of garlic :shock:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 6th, 2018, 11:21 am

I've been forgetting to post here. Can't remember much about what I've been eating apart from the Persian baked chicken in yoghurt and rice last night with green beans which was luuuurrrrvley. Mum has been tempting me with chips in Sainsbury's cafe but I have managed to resist every time. I find a skinny mocha is enough to fill me up midday until dinner, as long as I have had brekkers.

After my chicken and rice last night I had some tinned mango with frozen coconut kulfi but couldn't finish it, so I popped it in the fridge and mixed it in with my cornflakes this morning. Scrummy! Peppermint tea.

For lunch I'll have a piece of chicken leftover from the rice last night. I may put it in a sandwich with tomato and mayo.

Dinner is ready to be reheated. I had a bag of prepared root vegetables that mum bought me that needed using. Carrots, leeks, onions, Swede and new potatoes. I fished the spuds out to have as a side in the week but the rest of the veg i sauteed with thyme briefly then added beef stock and pureed then added a pearl barley mix which I'd simmered alongside it. After my council lady has left, I'll nip over to my 'spice shop' for fresh herbs to make a lovely dumpling.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 6th, 2018, 1:15 pm

Bacon on tomato sauced toast for me, he had the same except he had an egg as well.

Lunch was a small portion of pumpkin and chestnut soup :chops: We will finish up the keema naan just before we leave for Salisbury

Supper is a rump steak burger (bun to be bought in W'rose) slaw, remoulade and tato salad.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 6th, 2018, 1:19 pm

Breakfast was toasted muffin with marmalade.
Lunch was the bouillon from the pot au feu with the rest of the vegatbles, chopped up
Supper was salade parissienne - layers of pot au feu meat, sliced and freshly cooked potato slices and a very sharp vinaigrette dressing with loads of parsley, gherkins, capers and shallots. Mr R was greatly cheered by a steamed Cumberland pudding and custard.

Today
Porridge for him.
Lunch was eggs benedict with an espresso and a square of chilli chocolate to follow
Supper is to be veal escallops with mushrooms and brandy cream sauce, broccoli and creamy polenta. If he's good we will finish the sponge afterwards.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby icelesley » February 6th, 2018, 3:13 pm

Breakfast: toasted cheese muffin

Lunch: Turkey sandwich thin and 2 satsumas

Dinner: pork steak marinaded in gin and marmalade with a sprinkle of 7 spices, roasted potatoes and salad followed by a lemon yoghurt
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 7th, 2018, 7:42 am

Ice,
Dinner: pork steak marinaded in gin and marmalade with a sprinkle of 7 spices, roasted potatoes and salad followed by a lemon yoghurt
Sounds delish, my sort of dinner, but not this month, I am now into a week on the waggon :tu:

We had our burgers last night, with half a smoked saus, a big mushroom, I did not finish my burger.... :oops: Bruddy tasty tho'
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 7th, 2018, 8:01 am

That gin marinade does sound good!

Last night I got the nibbles late on so had two sesame Ryvita sandwiched with peanut butter and blackcurrant jam.

Porridge with chopped pear just before my walk, to warm my cockles. Strawberry and mango Twining's.

Lunch will be something quick, probably Heinz cream of chicken soup, crusty bread.

Dinner is planned as fish fingers, new potatoes, peas and green beans. I need to buy tartare sauce for that while I am out.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Rocky » February 7th, 2018, 10:08 am

Double curry didn't happen on Sunday as the chicken hadn't defrosted in time so had a veggie omlette. Monday was the curry with stacks of veg. Boring salad for lunch yesterday, a couple of chicken wings at a work drinks do and then a pile of pesto y vegetables when we got home. Today is roti Wednesday for lunch :bounce:

OH is out for work tonight so might have something with mashed spuds as he is not a huge fan....
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 7th, 2018, 12:19 pm

We had a long weekend at Center Parcs and mostly ate out. Although we cooked for everyone on the Friday night - lamb shank rogan josh with various sides which went down really well.

On Monday night we had venison with wild mushrooms, kale and a red wine reduction.

Last night was a beef and beer stew with cheddar and thyme dumplings. Green veg on the side.

Working from home today as I didn’t fancy risking the ice skating rink which is our lane today. It rarely gets gritted and the water overflow from the farms tends to wash the grit downhill anyway making the rest treacherous :evil: . Anyway I’ve just made a cheese and ham salad sandwich with basil mayonnaise with a few salt and vinegar pea snacks from Aldi...my goodness they are addictive!

Dinner tonight will be sea bream with basil, tomatoes and chorizo. And a separate dish of roasted new potatoes with red peppers, plus something green...green beans probably.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Catherine » February 7th, 2018, 2:54 pm

TeresaFoodie wrote:I need to buy tartare sauce for that while I am out

Make your own, it is so much nicer. Use shop bought mayo then chop gherkin and capers, as much as you dare but I like it chunky. You will never buy ready made again
Catherine
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 7th, 2018, 3:49 pm

And dill Catherine..... :chops: which I have a huge bunch of at the moment. Planning to make dill voddy before it gets to wilt stage.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 7th, 2018, 4:41 pm

Food plans have been scuppered slightly.....

Breakfast was the porridge on the hob with pear as planned, lunch was cream of chicken soup on the hob as planned.

Whilst watching Tipping Point I thought I'd boil a couple of eggs for a sort of Kedgeree with fish fingers and cold leftover rice from my Persian rice dish, all spiced up a bit. All of a sudden my oven and hob have stopped working! So I checked the fuse box, all ok, phoned the letting agent, they will send someone over, and text nice neighbour asking if he can stick a pizza in his oven when he gets home later! He's fine with that, but isn't it typical! The first time in months I have a fully stocked cupboard, spice selection, fridge and freezer the cooker goes on the blink and the only thing that doesn't need cooking is cornflakes! :rolleyes:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Sloe-Gin » February 7th, 2018, 5:04 pm

I found pork cheeks the other day, so a treat tonight is slow cooked with veg. Mr SG doesn't know a good thing when he sees it, so he's having a sausage "cassoulet".
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 7th, 2018, 5:59 pm

We are on YMCA suppers... Mr. Z is having the last pork chop and some spelt and leeks. I will have the end of last nights burger with a mix of pasta and spelt, might melt some cheese over the top. If the is not enough there are some other bits and bobs that need finishing....
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Catherine » February 7th, 2018, 11:35 pm

Zosherooney wrote:And dill Catherine..... :chops: which I have a huge bunch of at the moment. Planning to make dill voddy before it gets to wilt stage.

Gosh that sounds different but can see it making a great vodka martini

My Nephews love the homemade tartare but not so keen on shop bought. Have to say the difference is huge
Catherine
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop